• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Help Me Determine My MBTI Type

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've taken the personality test many times over the course of 10 years and have gotten many different results. So I was hoping that you guys could see something that I'm missing.
I've gotten these results in this order:
ISTJ
ESFJ
ESTP
ISTJ (again)
ISTP
ESTJ
INTJ (This was last night)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want a partner in crime, someone to takle the world with, a friend, a lover. I've always had a person in my life who I spent all my time with whether it was a really good friend or boyfriend. It doesn't matter how successful I am to society's standards, as long as I have someone who loves me unconditionally I can takle anything life throws at me.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
There were two times in my life I'd say I felt my finest.
The first was when I was 21yrs old and I tested as an ESTP. I LOVED the confidence I had and also during that time I quit doing what I thought I had to do and just did whatever I wanted. The feeling of being free from my mom's standards was great. It did end only after a few months becuase I spent too much money lol, but I was nice to just let my hair down and go indulge myself.
The second was when I was 23yrs old and I tested as an ISTJ the second time. I was living in my first apartment with a boyfriend. We broke up and I was left with the apartment, which I wanted. After a month of being sad, I realized one day I REALLY liked being alone. I loved not having to worry about anyone else. If I wanted to watch TV until 3am and then crawl into bed I could. Or make food late. Using all the hot water. The list seriously goes on forever lol. I even realized I had my own routine with work and the way I spent my evenings. I liked being on my time.
(I'm realizing telling these stories how independant I like to be ha)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm not taken seriously. I always say I can't wait to be in my 30s because I'd like to think I'll be a more established person in society so when I say something I don't get looked at like just some kid. Which, I know I am to an extent, I'm only 24 and I'm just now starting the whole adulting thing. But I'm not stupid. I have a good head on my shoulders.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I take all factors into consideration. Usually first I figure out what can't be changed, what is, then I come up with posiblities and think about the effects of each senario. Then I pick the one that I think will work best or make the most people happy (depending on the situation).

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Depends on how much I care. The more I care the more control I take, but if there is someone in the group that cares more than me, then I'll let them take control becuase A. Less work for me, them being in charge means I just have to do my fair share and not have the headache of making sure everyone complies and B. I don't like telling people what to do, I try to avoid stepping on people's toes. Doesn't mean I won't if I absolutely have to.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Concerts. More specificlly Linkin Park, my favorite band. I was only about 5 rows back. You could feel the amps vibrating your ribcage. I loved how loud it was because I could sing along as loudly as I wanted and not look like a crazy person lol. It gets my adrenaline going and releases all my negative energies. I feel like I'm on top of the world the rest of the night. Other concerts do that, but not quite like LP.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Depends on what it is. If it is something physical I have to do it myself. Everything said to me goes one ear and out the other. But once I do it myself, it sticks. Most of what I do is kinda like being on autopilot and using muscle memory. But when it comes to learning facts, data, anything that needs to be reseached and studied, I like to work alone. I read certain things over and over, writing it down always helps me remember something better.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm very organized. It comes natural to me to have a place for everything. Doesn't mean I'm not messy! Like for instance my bedroom. I'll go to clean it. Pick everything up, organize a few things, clean my furniture pieces, etc. For about 2 to 3 days I'm very particular about making sure it stays that way. But then.. I don't make my bed becuase I'm just going to sleep in it tonight so it feels like a waste of time. And then next thing I know there are clothes on the floor because I was in a hurry one morning to get showered and out the door. Then I get myself some snacks and relax in bed until I fall asleep and leave my drink cup on my nightstand for a few too many days. Then the whole process starts all over again. But even with the mess. My clean clothes are organized by what I wear most, and my dresser has all my lotions and purfumes all nice and tidy sitting there. So.. haha

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I would consider myself open minded. I'm not one to necessarily seek out new ideas, but I love hearing about them. An example. Someone stikes up a conversation about the possiblity of alternate universes. I enjoy thinking about how and why they're there, what possible universes are out there, or how they can effect our universe. But talking about how life would be different with/without [insert random change here] would be boring to me. That's because I feel like the there are an infinate number of possibilites so trying to figure out details of each one is a waste because it's infinate. You could go on forever just to have nothing concrete. I have a limit on how far I like to discuss "What if" questions.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
This one is hard for me to answer. I grew up in a dysfunctional home and as a response I was the kid who tried to keep harmony by doing what I suppose to do and trying to go above and beyond to help make everyone happy. But now that I'm older I've realized that nothing I do can solve the problems my family has. So I've started just doing me and not worrying about taking care of them. A big part of me feels guilty for that. But I don't know if that's because they're guilt tripping me or if it's not natural for me to focus on myself. (Sorry I know that got really personal)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak and I prefer one-on-one discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions definetly speak louder than words, but words are nice too. If I'm in fimiliar territory then I'll just jump into action, but if it's something I've never put any thought into, I take my time.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I usually say no. I'd go if I felt obligated to.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
If it's a situational/ in the moment type of stressed out I do fine, I'm good at keeping a clear head. But if it's long term stressed out I start to isolate myself to try and prossess why I can't make the stressed feeling go away.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Not being aware of your surroundings, acting like you're entitled, and letting your emotions get in the way of being responsible.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like talking about why people act the way they do. Trying to understand people's motives. On the surface it might look like I like to gossip, but I only like knowing things about people to add it to my "archive" of why people do the things they do- a better understanding. So I love to listen to gossip and watch TV shows, but I'm not the gossiper.. if that makes sense.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Details. Like if I took a test and it says "Underline the verb in this sentance" There's a good chance that verb will be circled. Then I'd get mad becuase I would get points off when I clearly understood the material I was being tested on. It wasn't a test on how to take directions. ha. (I put "ha" or "lol" when I feel like I'm getting sassy, but I want people reading to understand that I'm not in a bad mood)

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My best friend says I'm the mom friend. A close cousin of mine said I'm action oriented? I think. The example she gave me was "When you put on your purse you don't just wear it. You secure it on yourself and get up and go like you have a purpose or something to accomplish"

What I think might be wrong about their perception of me is that they think I'm always angry. When I feel very "passionate" about something I talk louder. So if I talk about something that annoys me (like people who ride their bikes on the side of the road for sport) I come off as very angry. But I swear I am in just as good of a mood that I was two minutes ago talking about how cute my dog is.

What my friends would never say to me is that I'm overly critical. I probably do critize more things than I should, but in my mind I feel like I'm just adding my 2 cents on the topic or I think that the person/situation is being illogical and causing a lot of hurt or inconvenience to those involved.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I like relaxing on the couch watching Netflix and snacking on some Flaming Hot Cheetos. With or without a loved one :)

Thank you for your input! I don't know if I'm overthinking this or what, but I appreciate your help :)

Last edited:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I see ISTJ. Was torn between INTJ and ISTJ, but the part about acting more confidently in familiar situations is more of an Si trait.

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping me out! :)

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome to the forums, [MENTION=32139]Megatron[/MENTION]. I was thinking ISTJ also. I agree with [MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION] about the Si traits. I would just add, your responses also indicate Introversion (thinking before you speak, preferring one-to-one discussion, etc.), Thinking (logic over feelings), and Judging (organized and fairly decisive).

It's interesting that you got ESTP twice, but I've seen this happen with ISTJs. They can be very outgoing and passionate about certain interests. I know one who loves football, paints their whole body when they attend games, drinks like a maniac at the stadium, etc. But in every other way he is a stereotypical ISTJ.

Sometimes you just have to let your shadow out. It's not a bad thing.

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you [MENTION=25850]Carpe Vinum[/MENTION]! The second ESTP is actually a typo, it should say ESTJ. I'm glad you pointed that out. I'm curious as to what responses I had that made the two of you say I have Si? Everytime I read up on cognitive functions I always feel like Si sounds the least like me, if not Ne.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you [MENTION=25850]Carpe Vinum[/MENTION]! The second ESTP is actually a typo, it should say ESTJ. I'm glad you pointed that out. I'm curious as to what responses I had that made the two of you say I have Si? Everytime I read up on cognitive functions I always feel like Si sounds the least like me, if not Ne.

To be honest, it's hard to tell sometimes from these surveys. Si was just a hunch because you mentioned acting more confidently in familiar situations. It's just one observation. Doesn't mean we're right.

What do you think?

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, after I made this thread I started going through other threads on this site about INTJs. In a thread titled "Common INTJ Issues" [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] commented her observations of INTJ issues and it was like she was in my head lol. That inspired me to do more research, and now I have no doubts that I'm an INTJ. It was like when Cinderella had the glass slipper put on her foot; I finally found the mbti type that fit me just right lol

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm definitely seeing a lot of Si. I think you're speaking of the past more than the questions would suggest, and also Si tend to talk about things they often do, and they use grammar such as shown in "I take all factors into consideration" - notice how it's concrete, but is implying something that is a repeated instance. I think there's a name for it in grammar/linguistics.

For the other functions I didn't get an impression of them from my rather quick glance, but given that you seem quite sure of being a T, it would then have to be ISTJ.

Also: Linkin Park was my favourite band when I was younger! I loved finding their hidden stuff, like the Hybrid Theory EP or the Hybrid Theory tracks with alternate lyrics. Some of their stuff would just have this really cool atmosphere that would transport me away.

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm definitely seeing a lot of Si. I think you're speaking of the past more than the questions would suggest, and also Si tend to talk about things they often do, and they use grammar such as shown in "I take all factors into consideration" - notice how it's concrete, but is implying something that is a repeated instance. I think there's a name for it in grammar/linguistics.

For the other functions I didn't get an impression of them from my rather quick glance, but given that you seem quite sure of being a T, it would then have to be ISTJ.

Also: Linkin Park was my favourite band when I was younger! I loved finding their hidden stuff, like the Hybrid Theory EP or the Hybrid Theory tracks with alternate lyrics. Some of their stuff would just have this really cool atmosphere that would transport me away.

It's hard for me to believe I'm Si. All I ever read about them is that they are good at remembering details (I am the worst at it because I am not observant at all, nor do I really care to be), they're traditional (I'm not. I didn't walk when I graduated high school, didn't go to prom, think baby/ bridal showers are awful, don't want a traditional wedding if one at all), and they talk about being sentimental or nastalgic (I have 0 desire for either of these). Also too, I am always the person preaching "It doesn't matter now what happened in the past because it is what it is, this is where you are now so act according to how you want the future to look." The only way I relate to Si is I compare some of my new experiences to past ones.

Maybe I just don't understand Si enough to see how I use it.

That's awesome you like Linkin Park too! Most people tell me I'm weird for liking them. Their album Thousand Suns is my favorite to get lost in :wubbie:

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Depends on how much I care. The more I care the more control I take, but if there is someone in the group that cares more than me, then I'll let them take control becuase A. Less work for me, them being in charge means I just have to do my fair share and not have the headache of making sure everyone complies and B. I don't like telling people what to do, I try to avoid stepping on people's toes. Doesn't mean I won't if I absolutely have to.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Concerts. More specificlly Linkin Park, my favorite band. I was only about 5 rows back. You could feel the amps vibrating your ribcage. I loved how loud it was because I could sing along as loudly as I wanted and not look like a crazy person lol. It gets my adrenaline going and releases all my negative energies. I feel like I'm on top of the world the rest of the night. Other concerts do that, but not quite like LP.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Depends on what it is. If it is something physical I have to do it myself. Everything said to me goes one ear and out the other. But once I do it myself, it sticks. Most of what I do is kinda like being on autopilot and using muscle memory. But when it comes to learning facts, data, anything that needs to be reseached and studied, I like to work alone. I read certain things over and over, writing it down always helps me remember something better.

I'm very organized. It comes natural to me to have a place for everything. Doesn't mean I'm not messy! Like for instance my bedroom. I'll go to clean it. Pick everything up, organize a few things, clean my furniture pieces, etc. For about 2 to 3 days I'm very particular about making sure it stays that way. But then.. I don't make my bed becuase I'm just going to sleep in it tonight so it feels like a waste of time. And then next thing I know there are clothes on the floor because I was in a hurry one morning to get showered and out the door. Then I get myself some snacks and relax in bed until I fall asleep and leave my drink cup on my nightstand for a few too many days. Then the whole process starts all over again. But even with the mess. My clean clothes are organized by what I wear most, and my dresser has all my lotions and purfumes all nice and tidy sitting there. So.. haha

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I would consider myself open minded. I'm not one to necessarily seek out new ideas, but I love hearing about them. An example. Someone stikes up a conversation about the possiblity of alternate universes. I enjoy thinking about how and why they're there, what possible universes are out there, or how they can effect our universe. But talking about how life would be different with/without [insert random change here] would be boring to me. That's because I feel like the there are an infinate number of possibilites so trying to figure out details of each one is a waste because it's infinate. You could go on forever just to have nothing concrete. I have a limit on how far I like to discuss "What if" questions.

I think the autopilot thing can be misunderstood as Si and also your desire for a soul mate but I've been analyzing myself a lot and I also seem on autopilot most of the times, with a Ni dom, and I also want a soul mate for life, so...
I wanted to ask you something.
About the concert: do you feel very tired afterwards? If so, this could be a sign of inferior Se, if you believe you are a INTJ (although you did not strike me as Ni dom because of the question 10). I urge whoever spots a problem in my reasoning to step in, but I think a Ni dom would (I would, my INTJ boyfriend would) enjoy discussing the what if much more than you say you do. This had me consider a Ni aux or terziary maybe, so you could consider ENTJ. I would leave ENFJ out because you don't look a Fe dom, and I am not even sure I've seen Fi or Fe. I kind of see them both in what you write but Ni sometimes can look Fi in my experience, even in an INFJ like me (but Fe will always make me feel guilty about it eheheh)
I haven't seen any Ne (if ever, a dislike for it), I think the statement about hating people not aware of their surrounding is also Se (but maybe more developed than inferior???) and I don't think I've seen Ti either.

So that leaves me with: INTJ, ENTJ, ISFP, ESFP. The question now is: are you an extrovert or an introvert?

Ps: I also like Linkin Park a lot, don't see anything strange about it.

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the autopilot thing can be misunderstood as Si and also your desire for a soul mate but I've been analyzing myself a lot and I also seem on autopilot most of the times, with a Ni dom, and I also want a soul mate for life, so...
I wanted to ask you something.
About the concert: do you feel very tired afterwards? If so, this could be a sign of inferior Se, if you believe you are a INTJ (although you did not strike me as Ni dom because of the question 10). I urge whoever spots a problem in my reasoning to step in, but I think a Ni dom would (I would, my INTJ boyfriend would) enjoy discussing the what if much more than you say you do. This had me consider a Ni aux or terziary maybe, so you could consider ENTJ. I would leave ENFJ out because you don't look a Fe dom, and I am not even sure I've seen Fi or Fe. I kind of see them both in what you write but Ni sometimes can look Fi in my experience, even in an INFJ like me (but Fe will always make me feel guilty about it eheheh)
I haven't seen any Ne (if ever, a dislike for it), I think the statement about hating people not aware of their surrounding is also Se (but maybe more developed than inferior???) and I don't think I've seen Ti either.

So that leaves me with: INTJ, ENTJ, ISFP, ESFP. The question now is: are you an extrovert or an introvert?

Ps: I also like Linkin Park a lot, don't see anything strange about it.

Depends on the concert. If it is one that I absolutely love, then I'm pumped afterwards. But if it's a band I'm only kinda interested in, then I'm ready to get going- I'll even leave early if I can.

As far as if I'm introverted or extroverted.. I go back and forth.
Ways I'm extroverted: I feel more energetic after hanging out with someone I love (not so much strangers/ acquaintances, but sometimes), I have to talk out loud to grap a feeling or thought process (I do it when I'm alone too), I am an open book- I won't just offer it, but when asked I'll tell the truth, and (when I'm not in one of my depressed states) I have lots of energy and like to stay busy.
Ways I'm introverted: I listen more than talk, dislike being center of attention, dislike small talk, I have few close friends, and I would rather have a one-on-one conversation than be part of a group conversation.

As far as Fe and Fi go.. I see Fe in myself in how I go out of my way to be accomidating to anyone and everyone. I'll sacrafice my own needs before I make someone else have to, but in the same turn if someone does anything to betray me I'll cut them off and never look back. But also I don't always handle people's emotions well. I consider myself more of a listening ear and a practical advice giver more than a cheerleader. I can't condone irrational behavior (I'm refrencing the dominate Fs in my life that always want to whine, but never will do anything about it. Or when they were the one who started the problem, but then get offended when you call them out on it- even if it is said in a loving way)

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also when it comes to Se.. I see it as potentially inferior because I over indulge myself when I'm stressed. I'm also an adrenaline junkie. But good luck trying to get me to notice that you got a hair cut or changed the curtains in the living room lol

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=32139]Megatron[/MENTION] about Si, here's a question which doesn't imply talking about the past but you still talk about it:

see how it's things that you do - "I'll go clean it. Pick everything up", "Then I get myself some snacks" etc. - I'm not referring to the content of the sentences, but to the way they are written. These are things you regularly do, they're written in an Si manner. There's a name for this type of language use in linguistic, like the tense, but I don't know the name for it.*

*I just looked it up, and it's called a "habit", to me it sounds like you speak a lot about your habits.

This strikes me as Te:

As far as if I'm introverted or extroverted.. I go back and forth.
Ways I'm extroverted: I feel more energetic after hanging out with someone I love (not so much strangers/ acquaintances, but sometimes), I have to talk out loud to grap a feeling or thought process (I do it when I'm alone too), I am an open book- I won't just offer it, but when asked I'll tell the truth, and (when I'm not in one of my depressed states) I have lots of energy and like to stay busy.

I suck at explaining this stuff so far, but it's like... when this happens, this will happen - a logical statement, but not the classifying kind that Ti users use.

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes the explanation seems more Te than Ti.
However, I am not sure I agree with the style of telling how she cleans up (were you talking about historical present, right?). I don't see it as Si, I see it as a stylistic choice I would also do to underline the absurdity of it but I don't know...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
However, I am not sure I agree with the style of telling how she cleans up (were you talking about historical present, right?). I don't see it as Si, I see it as a stylistic choice I would also do to underline the absurdity of it but I don't know...

But what do you think of the term habits, for Si?

Here's a link: What Is the Simple Present Tense? (grammar lesson)

Do you think Megatron uses habit-style grammar, and do you think it is indeed an Si way of speaking?

Megatron

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You're right about me writing in a stylistic way. It was my way of trying to get the reader to better understand my organizational style. It was a detailed way of saying I'm organized, but messy.

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
You're right about me writing in a stylistic way. It was my way of trying to get the reader to better understand my organizational style. It was a detailed way of saying I'm organized, but messy.

Yes, short sentences, very rythmic, I use this style quite often, too. It would be curious to see if it can be associated with a function or a pairing of functions. For me, it serve the scope of conveying a sense of... how can I say it... a building of intensity that seems to have a happy ending and has a sort of failure instead. Very whimsical.

Also, I don't know if a habit is "per se" realm of Si. It's like saying that only Si users can have habits but I don't think so... I would probably accept that Si users have habits that last longer and they are surely more unwilling to let go or change, but all functions can form an habit, I think.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
So you think I'm Si because of how I communicate?

My method of typing is experimental at the moment. I'm trying to determine what sort of sentences are used with different functions.

I can type authors this way very effectively, but it's more difficult with forum posts because there's less to go on.

The way my mind works, is I "see" something, but only in a certain state of mind, and I might not be really seeing it, and it's hard to see it again afterwards.

So take my typing with a grain of salt.