• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Overall would you say I am core 7 or 9?.

What Ennergram type am I?

• 7w6

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • 9w1

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
When it comes to ennegrams, i have little exp. I don't know my own type. Sorry bitj. You seem amiable in general

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boy, you are one of the most 7w6 people I've seen in a long time. But I could see 9w1 being a strong gut fix for you.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2w3 so/sx or in your own words:

I have often excessively seeked attention and approval from others at the cost of more logical pathways. For instance instead of choosing a more logical pathway I would do something to aplease my friends to keep in their good books so I could keep an level of excitement around. Any hints?. A big theme in my life has been seeking approval and attention from others

I haven't seen anything that indicates e7 or head type in general. I can understand why e9 is brought up; instinctual harmony seeking, don't rock the boat mentality. But instinctual is the key reactive rather then thought out. You seem really quite controlled in everything you do. An example would be how you acted in the INTJ/ENFP thread, then proceeded to make your own version of it. I suspect you had an objective (a chance at hitting on ENFPs) from the start.

Perhaps [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] could weigh in? She has spectacular instincts for finding e7s, maybe there is something I'm just not seeing.

Starry

I haven't seen anything that indicates e7 or head type in general. I can understand why e9 is brought up; instinctual harmony seeking, don't rock the boat mentality. But instinctual is the key reactive rather then thought out. You seem really quite controlled in everything you do. An example would be how you acted in the INTJ/ENFP thread, then proceeded to make your own version of it. I suspect you had an objective (a chance at hitting on ENFPs) from the start.

Perhaps [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] could weigh in? She has spectacular instincts for finding e7s, maybe there is something I'm just not seeing.

Yes. I just spilled my coffee though so it will be a moment (irritated with myself)

Starry

I totally understand all of what you say above...and honestly only time will tell because I believe BiaJ is still quite young? idk.

BiaJ I believe is an over-extroverting ENTP...he's like 100%NeFe and with that Fe being not natural to him...it can feel a little ooey-gooey a little bit like he's gently moving chess pieces which are actually people around a board which is actually a setting. I told BiaJ to check out [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] if you remember him. He had the same thing going on...people often said EFJ as his type as well as ENFP because he was expressing Ne>Fe>Ti so he had that vibe kinda.

I think he is most likely a 7...I think what we will see as he slowly stops over-extroverting...is that he's actually a 7w8...he definitely has an attachment to control which is where I think 2 comes from as well.

eta...a lot of 7w8s don't have that crazy head-type energy at least externally like you, yourself present smooth

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I totally understand all of what you say above...and honestly only time will tell because I believe BiaJ is still quite young? idk.

BiaJ I believe is an over-extroverting ENTP...he's like 100%NeFe and with that Fe being not natural to him...it can feel a little ooey-gooey a little bit like he's gently moving chess pieces which are actually people around a board which is actually a setting. I told BiaJ to check out [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] if you remember him.

Fascinating; I'm not surprised at my screwed perception, I do find reading his posts quite difficult. Yes I have always assumed he is quite young; hence the difficulty telling personality versus callow youth. The Great One I do remember him. I always thought he was an excellent example of braggadocio persona some 7w6/6w7 project.

He had the same thing going on...people often said EFJ as his type as well as ENFP because he was expressing Ne>Fe>Ti so he had that vibe kinda.

I think he is most likely a 7...I think what we will see as he slowly stops over-extroverting...is that he's actually a 7w8...he definitely has an attachment to control which is where I think 2 comes from as well.

I think the lack of any Ti has always thrown me; his views are almost perfect illustrations of Fe social appropriateness . His debates just a harmonious amalgamation intent on appeasement. I've always considered NeFe to be, well angry. A defensive measure, rather then one so ah happy?

eta...a lot of 7w8s don't have that crazy head-type energy at least externally like you, yourself present smooth

:laugh: I wasn't comparing him to me, given how he seems to be an obvious social first, more the general behavioural patterns from the this, other, and specific ENTP/forums/sub-forums.

Starry

Fascinating; I'm not surprised at my screwed perception, I do find reading his posts quite difficult. Yes I have always assumed he is quite young; hence the difficulty telling personality versus callow youth. The Great One I do remember him. I always thought he was an excellent example of braggadocio persona some 7w6/6w7 project.

Yes, The Great One was one hearty dude...and I always leaned 7w6 for him but he was dead set on 6w7 which works.

I think the lack of any Ti has always thrown me; his views are almost perfect illustrations of Fe social appropriateness . His debates just a harmonious amalgamation intent on appeasement. I've always considered NeFe to be, well angry. A defensive measure, rather then one so ah happy?

If what you are saying above is that within the 3 positive outlook groups you will find a whole bunch of people...more likely than not social doms... that are desperate to keep the environment conflict free for fear of how they behave when they lose it...then I'm feeling that. If not...then I don't really know what you are saying sorry.

:laugh: I wasn't comparing him to me, given how he seems to be an obvious social first, more the general behavioural patterns from the this, other, and specific ENTP/forums/sub-forums.

I didn't think you were.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If what you are saying above is that within the 3 positive outlook groups you will find a whole bunch of people...more likely than not social doms... that are desperate to keep the environment conflict free for fear of how they behave when they lose it...then I'm feeling that. If not...then I don't really know what you are saying sorry.

Which part did I lose you on? The first part was largely about the complete absence of Ti analysis. I presume it was about NeFe being angry? This loop seems to create the quick-fire ENTPs; the type that gets upset often, but rationalises it into a bullshit crusade. Like a dog with a bone; will not let the issue go, ever. Often seems to end with a ban. This happy loop is strange, you think its a form of protection? If I don't offend anyone then they won't push out my demons mentality?

Thoughts on tritype? 729 so/?

Starry

Which part did I lose you on? The first part was largely about the complete absence of Ti analysis. I presume it was about NeFe being angry? This loop seems to create the quick-fire ENTPs; the type that gets upset often, but rationalises it into a bullshit crusade. Like a dog with a bone; will not let the issue go, ever. Often seems to end with a ban. This happy loop is strange, you think its a form of protection? If I don't offend anyone then they won't push out my demons mentality?

Thoughts on tritype? 729 so/?

What you describe sounds more like an over-extroverting ENFP to me...NeTe needs to be right, can't let it go, aggressive, pushy, tantrum, bad behavior. Where ENTPs become charming as hell and may be totally taking you for everything you're worth in the process...but an over-extroverting ENTP would be charming and quite possibly manipulative.

He's so/sx but I honestly think he's too young/loopy to accurately type.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What you describe sounds more like an over-extroverting ENFP to me...Ne>Te needs to be right, can't let it go, aggressive, pushy, tantrum, bad behavior. Where ENTPs become charming as hell and may be totally taking you for everything you're worth in the process...but an over-extroverting ENTP would be charming and quite possibly manipulative.

Crusade probably wasn't quite the right word; but I'm not entirely sure which word does fit. Do you remember those INFJ doorslam threads, and the type of disgruntled ENTPs that posted in them?

He's so/sx but I honestly think he's too young/loopy to accurately type.

True; based on what I do see ESFJ still makes a great deal more sense; but as I'm obviously in the minority; 'll leave it at that.

Starry

Crusade probably wasn't quite the right word; but I'm not entirely sure which word does fit. Do you remember those INFJ doorslam threads, and the type of disgruntled ENTPs that posted in them?

Well, there's over-extroverting which is thought to happen in the young and/or stressed. The person is looking for validation outside of themselves and relies more heavily on their two extroverted functions. Again, this can occur developmentally in teens and young adults...or when the individual is stressed or experiencing low self esteem.

^^NeFe over-extroverting is described sorta like...the individual is overly invested in being the person that creates lively, fun interactions with people where others will infuse the interaction with the positive emotion they are trying to experience within themselves. Okay that description sucked...but something like that.

loops...are associated with personality disorders and many people debate whether or not they are an actual thing.

Then there's "disgruntled" which for an ENTP 7 means inferior Si anxiety fueled needling and pressing until they unlock the magic formula and all the anxiety goes *poof* gone.

True; based on what I do see ESFJ still makes a great deal more sense; but as I'm obviously in the minority; 'll leave it at that.

Yah...see how you like it now...being in the minority. :wink:

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like 7w6, it's possible you have 9 in your trifix but I wouldn't say main type.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Thanks for the tag but I gotta admit, I'm not a great judge.

Personally I don't see seven -and everyone else does- so my interpretation is probably very off.

Specifically I was under the impression that 7's were very energetic, adventurous risk takers-in a very physical (S) sort of way.

You're defiantly fun and engaging to talk to but you seem more..cerebral to me.

As for the nine, I'm with most others. A little nine but not a main.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, there's over-extroverting which is thought to happen in the young and/or stressed. The person is looking for validation outside of themselves and relies more heavily on their two extroverted functions. Again, this can occur developmentally in teens and young adults...or when the individual is stressed or experiencing low self esteem.

^^NeFe over-extroverting is described sorta like...the individual is overly invested in being the person that creates lively, fun interactions with people where others will infuse the interaction with the positive emotion they are trying to experience within themselves. Okay that description sucked...but something like that.

loops...are associated with personality disorders and many people debate whether or not they are an actual thing.

Then there's "disgruntled" which for an ENTP 7 means inferior Si anxiety fueled needling and pressing until they unlock the magic formula and all the anxiety goes *poof* gone.

Yah...see how you like it now...being in the minority. :wink:

So I am in a Ne/Fe loop? This fits me well as I often supress my Ti to appease others a lot. Another theory is that the lack of Ti some see is due to me being able to hide it behind Fe in debates. I am using Ti but it is presented differently from pure Ti and is delivered in the form of ether Ne or Fe I think.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

BiaJ I believe is an over-extroverting ENTP...he's like 100%NeFe and with that Fe being not natural to him...it can feel a little ooey-gooey a little bit like he's gently moving chess pieces which are actually people around a board which is actually a setting. I told BiaJ to check out [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] if you remember him. He had the same thing going on...people often said EFJ as his type as well as ENFP because he was expressing Ne>Fe>Ti so he had that vibe kinda.

Oh I remember another point that I made with another member. This member mentioned that my Fe was too forced and casual to be Fe dom. I am curious in what ways would my "Forced Fe" look like.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
So I am in a Ne/Fe loop? This fits me well as I often supress my Ti to appease others a lot. Another theory is that the lack of Ti some see is due to me being able to hide it behind Fe in debates. I am using Ti but it is presented differently from pure Ti and is delivered in the form of ether Ne or Fe I think.

Ne? ...in debates? Huh...I don't think I've ever used it for that.

Or I stopped a long time ago. Got tired of people calling me crazy because they couldn't see what I could.
It's very hard being so fucking superior.

Starry

No, no sweetie I don't think you are in a loop. I did use 'loopy' in the ending line of one of my posts above out of laziness but I do not see 'loop' and 'over-extroverting' as the same concepts at all and shouldn't have done that.

I don't want you to disclose anything about yourself...I'm just very for people keeping their privacy so I don't want you to confirm or correct anything with regards to what I'm about to say...but I think you are younger and a social dom...just starting to learn about the world and what type of effect you have on it what your place is in it...and because of this you are all extroverted functions right now. The times I've engaged more one-on-one with you I have no prob seeing and experiencing the Ti.

Oh I remember another point that I made with another member. This member mentioned that my Fe was too forced and casual to be Fe dom. I am curious in what ways would my "Forced Fe" look like.

^That I agree with. You can tell you are trying to wield it like an instrument or tool.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne? ...in debates? Huh...I don't think I've ever used it for that.

Or I stopped a long time ago. Got tired of people calling me crazy because they couldn't see what I could.
It's very hard being so fucking superior.

As some members already know, I don't participate in the debate threads much at all. But I suppose the way I personally use Ne in debates or discussions really, is to get the other person to remove themself from their original position and to see the same argument from a different angle. Then I go in with Te and present universal logic as a way to show them, not necessarily my point of view, but just another way of looking at the same thing. I don't always follow this formula, but it's something I've noticed that I do at times.