• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure ENFJ.. type me please?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I ask of this as I ask of others? What is your goal with mbti? Are you hoping to come to terms with something?

I'm not sure. And I mean there's totally nothing wrong with people being like "You seem like [other type] to me" but in my head I just go what???? no!!!! and I mean I know myself, or, I should, better than others. :cry:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure. And I mean there's totally nothing wrong with people being like "You seem like [other type] to me" but in my head I just go what???? no!!!! and I mean I know myself, or, I should, better than others. :cry:

If you don't know what you want to do with learning your type then there should be nothing to fear? It's just another personality tool

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you don't know what you want to do with learning your type then there should be nothing to fear? It's just another personality tool

I guess I'm just trying to learn more about myself. Like, my cognitive functions but I know nobody can answer, really, technically, how I think, completely. You know?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I'm just trying to learn more about myself. Like, my cognitive functions but I know nobody can answer, really, technically, how I think, completely. You know?
In all due time then :)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In all due time then :)

Yup. It's more that if I'm questioned to be other than an enfj, then I'm like, um, no... that's for me to decide. Despite my... ironic.. post. This comment is ironic now, I guess, haha. Just reading a lot of the enfj things apply to me, I'd say. :newwink:

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 I see a combination of Fe and Ti. The Ti is analyzing for the purpose of Fe to make sure you're feeling the right way and not being a axxhole.

2 This sounds like Fe, again, especially with looking to others' examples for happiness. Also, there's a hint of Se with wanting to be where everyone else is (I interpreted this as kind of wanting to be where the "stuff" is happening). Maybe a little bit of Ni too, with the yearning for creative expression, though creative expression isn't necessarily type related.

3 Feeling good about a new style isn't necessarily type related. If it was, it could fit best with Se, Fi, Si, Fe, or Ne ... I think the big question is /why/ does that make you happy. If your happiness with your new style was because it's new and exciting that would probably be Se or Ne, but if it was "this is expressing who I really am, inside!" then that would be Fi, or if you were glad with the new style because it would make others' view you more favorably then that would fall better into Fe.

4 I think this could fall into any type. Stereotypically, the types who have the hardest time with criticism are the feelers, but like, an ESTJ could be upset with criticism if the criticism made him/her feel incompetent or irresponsible or something.

5 Mostly Fe

6 Hmm, well I would say Te because it's focused on the end result, but if it is Te it's a very weak form as your view seems to be more "let's just get this over with!" than "yeah, efficiency, goals, and results!!!!" Honestly, this could be any number of functions. Why do you usually want to get it over with as quickly as possible? Do you find the task boring or draining, or is it putting strain on those around you, etc., etc.?

7 A mix of Fe (focused on the fam) with Se (this is cool and exciting!)

8 Se

9 Ti and Ni. This is also quite XNFJ, as these types are often perfectionists and like to devote hours to getting something right.

10 Ti.

11 Fe.

12 Haha I am the same with the speaking/thinking thing! xD Idk what functions these would be ... Again, why do you prefer one-on-one communication, but also like to be involved with groups?

13 I think almost everyone feels this way. Liking to know what you're jumping into describes a lot of judging types, and isn't always type related. I think anyone could want to know what's going to happen sometimes, but like surprises at other times ... it just depends. However, jumping right into stuff when upset definitely suggests a tert or inferior Se.

14 Suggests that you're more extroverted and flexible.

15 Um, I don't think that's very suggestive of what type you are, but I could be wrong ... It seems far more like anxiety and stress than any function.

16 Almost everyone has a problem with these kinds of people, but especially NFs, I think.

17 Not type related.

18 Um, maybe a really unused Te ... xD

19 Maybe either Fe or Fi.

20 This is a lot of people, and isn't really type related.

My consensus ... either ENFJ with a highly used tert Se and not much use of your auxiliary Ni, or an XSFP and I'm just mistaking your Fe for Fi. xD Good luck with your typing! :)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I did a questionnaire and someone suggested I was an ISFP. That is my whole reason for wondering about my type. I go back and forth on it a lot, but usually if someone suggests I am another type, I'm like, oh shit, are they right? Also when situations arise I tend to analyze them and wonder how they affect me and how am I supposed to feel and how is everyone feeling and what if I, why don't I feel like they do, does that make me an asshole? That's my whole thought process, specifically about dramatic situations -- like about death or whatever.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Cliche answer: To be Happy. For me, happiness is making a lot of money and basically doing what everyone else is doing. Not literally, but just.. I want to sort of be where everyone else is, with basic things. I would love to be able to create and express myself and do that as a job one day. I have a lot of energy, I feel, that I want to put into the world.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I always feel pretty good after I go shopping or get my hair done, or something. It's the fact that I have a new style or new things, they make me happy -- for the time being, anyways.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone criticizes me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about, first, how others might react, and then how I feel about it. Pros and cons aren't always on my mind, they really rarely come in to play. I mainly wonder how my decisions will impact others around me. I guess I'm kind of thoughtful that way. Or just really, really anxious. Mostly the latter.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is on the outcome, I want to see the end result, I just want to get over it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I went cross-border shopping once and it was pretty fun, for the most part. I was excited, going somewhere else and spending time with family. I was mostly excited to go shopping. I don't really have fond memories though because I realize my family isn't as close as I thought we were, so it's kind of weird.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I don't really understand this question. I guess I prefer to actually do something. With reading, I really tend to just literally skim over things because I can't keep my attention focused. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE FUCKING END.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
In my head, I'm very organized and I'm always thinking a million steps ahead. Realistically, I'm probably not very. I can get a head start on things and then rush at the last minute because I take my time with things.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand things if they make sense, but ultimately I try and find information that supports the new idea, I guess.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like knowing that everything & everyone is fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I'm a mixture of thinking before I speak, and speaking before I think. I tend to jump to conclusions on some things and not understand things, or not take in all the details. I more prefer one on one discussions to group, but I like being around and involved in groups.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak louder than words for me and I hate that people agree to this sentiment but they don't follow through on their actions or show me that they mean what they say. I absolutely hate that and feel lied to. I like to know what I'm jumping into before I leap, but on occasion I can jump right into action -- usually after I'm very fed up with something and I'll finally just make a decision and kind of go for it. I guess anxiety holds me back on a lot of things.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd probably go out with the friend and ditch the show. I don't watch much television, honestly, but it'll probably re-air or I'll catch it online.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I put myself in a corner and do nothing and panic about the situation.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When they come off as better than everyone else, or are fake-nice. Or intimidatingly mean.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about movies and tv shows and music with people, sometimes. If it comes up.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Bills, taxes, money -- important stuff like that.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm sometimes described as very nice and genuine and I have a hard time believing that because I don't believe it myself. I don't know what they would never say about me, and I don't want to know.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Binge-watch reality television. But then I'd feel bad for doing nothing. I always feel bad when I don't do anything.

The first thing that jumped out to me is your first response, and your reaction to others typing you differently. Do you find surprise in their objections because you doubt yourself and your understanding of yourself, or do you doubt your knowledge of MBTI and your understanding of the system. When they doubt your type, what do you find yourself immediately getting defensive over?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The first thing that jumped out to me is your first response, and your reaction to others typing you differently. Do you find surprise in their objections because you doubt yourself and your understanding of yourself, or do you doubt your knowledge of MBTI and your understanding of the system. When they doubt your type, what do you find yourself immediately getting defensive over?

I find myself knowing not much about the system so it makes me doubt my typing when others say I'm not my type. I feel myself getting defensive over the whole typing, particularly my Extraversion, I guess. I used to type as INFJ for years and then this year I guess I began questioning it as I took it up more seriously. It's not a serious thing, I'm just studying things about myself.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1 I see a combination of Fe and Ti. The Ti is analyzing for the purpose of Fe to make sure you're feeling the right way and not being a axxhole.

2 This sounds like Fe, again, especially with looking to others' examples for happiness. Also, there's a hint of Se with wanting to be where everyone else is (I interpreted this as kind of wanting to be where the "stuff" is happening). Maybe a little bit of Ni too, with the yearning for creative expression, though creative expression isn't necessarily type related.

3 Feeling good about a new style isn't necessarily type related. If it was, it could fit best with Se, Fi, Si, Fe, or Ne ... I think the big question is /why/ does that make you happy. If your happiness with your new style was because it's new and exciting that would probably be Se or Ne, but if it was "this is expressing who I really am, inside!" then that would be Fi, or if you were glad with the new style because it would make others' view you more favorably then that would fall better into Fe.

4 I think this could fall into any type. Stereotypically, the types who have the hardest time with criticism are the feelers, but like, an ESTJ could be upset with criticism if the criticism made him/her feel incompetent or irresponsible or something.

5 Mostly Fe

6 Hmm, well I would say Te because it's focused on the end result, but if it is Te it's a very weak form as your view seems to be more "let's just get this over with!" than "yeah, efficiency, goals, and results!!!!" Honestly, this could be any number of functions. Why do you usually want to get it over with as quickly as possible? Do you find the task boring or draining, or is it putting strain on those around you, etc., etc.?

7 A mix of Fe (focused on the fam) with Se (this is cool and exciting!)

8 Se

9 Ti and Ni. This is also quite XNFJ, as these types are often perfectionists and like to devote hours to getting something right.

10 Ti.

11 Fe.

12 Haha I am the same with the speaking/thinking thing! xD Idk what functions these would be ... Again, why do you prefer one-on-one communication, but also like to be involved with groups?

13 I think almost everyone feels this way. Liking to know what you're jumping into describes a lot of judging types, and isn't always type related. I think anyone could want to know what's going to happen sometimes, but like surprises at other times ... it just depends. However, jumping right into stuff when upset definitely suggests a tert or inferior Se.

14 Suggests that you're more extroverted and flexible.

15 Um, I don't think that's very suggestive of what type you are, but I could be wrong ... It seems far more like anxiety and stress than any function.

16 Almost everyone has a problem with these kinds of people, but especially NFs, I think.

17 Not type related.

18 Um, maybe a really unused Te ... xD

19 Maybe either Fe or Fi.

20 This is a lot of people, and isn't really type related.

My consensus ... either ENFJ with a highly used tert Se and not much use of your auxiliary Ni, or an XSFP and I'm just mistaking your Fe for Fi. xD Good luck with your typing! :)

Yeah, some of my answers I think I mistake interests/etc =/= MBTI type, even though it's not really related. I guess sometimes I feel comfortable in my style and stuff because it's my true self, but I don't really worry about being authentic all the time? At least, expressing my interests or whatever. I have no problem doing that. If I like something, I like something, if I don't, I don't and I dig my heels in and stress my opposition. I'm pretty stubborn and I don't want to say rigid, but, rigid. Not all the time, but sometimes. But I'm definitely stubborn.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, some of my answers I think I mistake interests/etc =/= MBTI type, even though it's not really related. I guess sometimes I feel comfortable in my style and stuff because it's my true self, but I don't really worry about being authentic all the time? At least, expressing my interests or whatever. I have no problem doing that. If I like something, I like something, if I don't, I don't and I dig my heels in and stress my opposition. I'm pretty stubborn and I don't want to say rigid, but, rigid. Not all the time, but sometimes. But I'm definitely stubborn.

This sounded like me when I labeled myself as ISFP. I did what I wanted but I didn't really care about being authentic or evaluate everything according to "values". You can look at my old "type me" thread to see if you see any similarities.

Yeah, I'd say so. Which makes me a hypocrite.
I was like that too (somewhat still am). "I can't be an Ne user. I don't like to talk about those things. etc, etc." I sensed Fi originally and still see it. XXFP? ISFP with strong Ni is quite possible. So is XNFP.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This sounded like me when I labeled myself as ISFP. I did what I wanted but I didn't really care about being authentic or evaluate everything according to "values". You can look at my old "type me" thread to see if you see any similarities.

I was like that too (somewhat still am). "I can't be an Ne user. I don't like to talk about those things. etc, etc." I sensed Fi originally and still see it. XXFP? ISFP with strong Ni is quite possible. So is XNFP.

I'm fine with ENFJ :newwink:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, if you yourself are confident in your type, that's all that matters. :) I found this recently. Hopefully it will help clear up everything. Function Similarities

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That makes sense, and it sounds quite healthy to pursue what you love without worrying about it! :) Feel free to tag me if you ever need anymore typing help!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you sound like a clear Fe-dom, and I'm not sure about the aux function. I don't read much Fi in your description. Some of what you said could just as easily be an ESFJ. The thinking ahead part is possibly Ni, but I have found a number of ENFJs to have a specific philosophy about how society should be. They can be intensely invested in it, but that wouldn't be every ENFJ, so it's not a deciding factor.

happiness is making a lot of money and basically doing what everyone else is doing. Not literally, but just.. I want to sort of be where everyone else is, with basic things.
This is absolutely Fe by perfect definition. It also leans towards Si, but other aspects might mean something different.