• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you help me figure out my Myers Briggs personality type?

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I really want to know what my personality type is. I've taken several different online versions of the MBTI, but I keep getting different results. I've gotten INFP, ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, and a few others but those are the most frequent results I get. I feel that some of the aspects of each of these results apply to me but other aspects clearly are not me. From what I've read online, the problem with the online testing is that it just assigns a letter from the dichotomies based on preferences instead of relying on the function stacking. So I'm assuming the function stacking is far more reliable, but I don't really understand how the function stacking works so I don't know how to type myself. Can those of you who are experienced in typing based on the cognitive function stacking help me determine my true type? You can ask whatever questions you need to determine my type and I'll answer them. I just really want to know what my real type is and feel confident that that type describes me accurately.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really want to know what my personality type is. I've taken several different online versions of the MBTI, but I keep getting different results. I've gotten INFP, ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, and a few others but those are the most frequent results I get. I feel that some of the aspects of each of these results apply to me but other aspects clearly are not me. From what I've read online, the problem with the online testing is that it just assigns a letter from the dichotomies based on preferences instead of relying on the function stacking. So I'm assuming the function stacking is far more reliable, but I don't really understand how the function stacking works so I don't know how to type myself. Can those of you who are experienced in typing based on the cognitive function stacking help me determine my true type? You can ask whatever questions you need to determine my type and I'll answer them. I just really want to know what my real type is and feel confident that that type describes me accurately.

Can you take this test and let me know when you took it?

Typologycentral Keirsey and Jung Test

I'll pull the raw results and provide an opinion

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Can you take this test and let me know when you took it? Typologycentral Keirsey and Jung Test I'll pull the raw results and provide an opinion

I just finished the test. It said it is somewhat confident I am an ISFP.
keirsey.jung.test.typologycentral.com/personality-results/?id=15&branch=B&temperament=2,1&ordering=Fi%20>%20Se%20>%20Si%20>%20Ne%20>%20Fe%20=%20Ni%20=%20Ti%20>%20Te

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
keirsey.jung.test.typologycentral.com/personality-results/?id=15&branch=B&temperament=2,1&ordering=Fi%20>%20Se%20>%20Si%20>%20Ne%20>%20Fe%20=%20Ni%20=%20Ti%20>%20Te

Welcome aboard. Usually with cognitive functions tests, if your top two preferences are pretty clear, that's how the test will type you. You have Fi-Se as your top two functions, so that's why it's giving you ISFP as a result.

How do you feel about that result?

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Welcome aboard. Usually with cognitive functions tests, if your top two preferences are pretty clear, that's how the test will type you. You have Fi-Se as your top two functions, so that's why it's giving you ISFP as a result. How do you feel about that result?
I feel pretty confident about the introverted feeling. I'm not sure about the second preference. I feel like I use Se and Ne both a lot in everyday situations, it just depends on the situation. I'm not very familiar with function stacks though. Letter by letter, I feel like my N and S are very closely balanced rather than a clear preference of one over the other. I've read descriptions of Ne and Se and feel like both fit me. I've also read overall descriptions of INFP and ISFP and I'm not sure which is more me. If you go letter by letter rather than by function stacks, I am sure I am and I over and E, and F over a T, and a P over a J.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Here is my analysis of your raw results

NF=-2;NT=1;SP=2;SJ=-1

Fi > Se > Si > Ne > Fe = Ni = Ti > Te

Te=-6;Ti=-2;Fe=-2;Fi=6;Ne=0;Ni=-2;Se=5;Si=1
T=-8, F=4, N=-2, S=6

So, I think you are a Feeler and a Sensor for sure. Fi and Se are very high making it likely you are an ESFP or ISFP. That's consistent with SP being 2. So for sure I would say you are one of those two types.

I'm still refining the test. The key thing is are you an introvert or extravert. If extravert, I'd say ESFP. If introvert, I'd say ISFP.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel pretty confident about the introverted feeling. I'm not sure about the second preference. I feel like I use Se and Ne both a lot in everyday situations, it just depends on the situation. I'm not very familiar with function stacks though. Letter by letter, I feel like my N and S are very closely balanced rather than a clear preference of one over the other. I've read descriptions of Ne and Se and feel like both fit me. I've also read overall descriptions of INFP and ISFP and I'm not sure which is more me. If you go letter by letter rather than by function stacks, I am sure I am and I over and E, and F over a T, and a P over a J.

I know exactly how you feel. Deciding between two functions/profiles can be frustrating. If descriptions of Se and Ne don't clarify it for you, do you know anything about temperaments?

If not, INFPs (all NFs) belong to the Idealist temperament, and ISFPs (all SPs) belong to the Aritsan temperament. They sometimes go by other names, but if you look them up, you'll see that there are major differences between Idealists and Artisans.

Maybe that will help you figure out your type.