• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Type Me Please :)

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
Tertiary Ti has always been a factor that makes self-typing confusing for the INxJ. My method for distinguishing INTP from INFJ (with tertiary Ti) and INTJ is to point out that while the latter types use logic, it is never well-played. I'm not sitting here trying to insult you. It's just that when the INFJ or INTJ uses logic it is used as a pragmatically-wielded ploy for the purpose of defending a static point of view. These types often use logic for the appearance of being logical, but the result cannot stand up to logical analysis. For the INTP, logic is an end-in-itself and carries with it a god-like stature. For the INxJ, logic is a means to some external end, and its usage implies the existence of an ulterior, inner motive: a religion (even atheism) or some other rigid cognitive belief system held as a habit. An INxJ no doubt coined the saying "reason is the handmaiden of faith."

Yes! I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I've noticed that INTPs tend to use logic in a way that I tend not to. Although I consider myself to be a very logical individual, I really do not use it the same way INTPs do all the time.

However, I remember reading a description from somewhere (an unreliable source although did seem pretty accurate) about the way Ti-doms think by using a specific example of a bomb in a room with a bunch of people and how a Ti-dom would go about defusing it. Basically, they look at the bomb, see 2 buttons and a timer counting down, and proceed to press one of the button and sees that it makes the timer go down by 1. They deduce that they just made the bomb timber go down 1 second and proceed to press the other button to make the timer go up and continue to keep pressing that same button a bunch of times to give them enough time to get rid of the bomb. While the Ti-dom was figuring this all out, everyone in the room is panicking, crying and such but the Ti-dom manages to cut out all that BS and just work on the problem at hand.

I thought the way the Ti-dom handled this situation was very similar to the way I would have. I think the only difference might be that I may have had a harder time cutting out the BS as much as the Ti-dom but I think I would still be very good at that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I've noticed that INTPs tend to use logic in a way that I tend not to. Although I consider myself to be a very logical individual, I really do not use it the same way INTPs do all the time.

However, I remember reading a description from somewhere (an unreliable source although did seem pretty accurate) about the way Ti-doms think by using a specific example of a bomb in a room with a bunch of people and how a Ti-dom would go about defusing it. Basically, they look at the bomb, see 2 buttons and a timer counting down, and proceed to press one of the button and sees that it makes the timer go down by 1. They deduce that they just made the bomb timber go down 1 second and proceed to press the other button to make the timer go up and continue to keep pressing that same button a bunch of times to give them enough time to get rid of the bomb. While the Ti-dom was figuring this all out, everyone in the room is panicking, crying and such but the Ti-dom manages to cut out all that BS and just work on the problem at hand.

I thought the way the Ti-dom handled this situation was very similar to the way I would have. I think the only difference might be that I may have had a harder time cutting out the BS as much as the Ti-dom but I think I would still be very good at that.

I can't seem to make that example fit with my own idea of Ti-dominants versus Ni-dominants. Thinkers, in general, are the cool-headed type. Feelers are known as the warm-hearted type. This implies that Thinkers are not generally warm-hearted, and Feelers are not cool-headed. So the people running around the room crying would be the Feelers.

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
I can't seem to make that example fit with my own idea of Ti-dominants versus Ni-dominants. Thinkers, in general, are the cool-headed type. Feelers are known as the warm-hearted type. This implies that Thinkers are not generally warm-hearted, and Feelers are not cool-headed. So the people running around the room crying would be the Feelers.

The way I see it, Ti-doms like to figure out how things work without much external help. They like to get down to business when working on a problem and ignore everything else.

Also, the people running around the room do not necessarily have to be Feelers, they could possibly be just a bunch of kids.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way I see it, Ti-doms like to figure out how things work without much external help. They like to get down to business when working on a problem and ignore everything else.

Also, the people running around the room do not necessarily have to be Feelers, they could possibly be just a bunch of kids.

I can't speak for kids in this, but immature Ti-doms don't like to ask for help. I see it as an immature trait of introverts which I've mostly out-grown.

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
I can't speak for kids in this, but immature Ti-doms don't like to ask for help. I see it as an immature trait of introverts which I've mostly out-grown.

I'll copy and paste the post because I left out a lot of details.

Say you're in a room with like 10 other people. And a bomb. The timer is ticking down.
Imagine everyone is scared. They're crying. They're telling each other about stuff unrelated to the bomb- regrets they've had, apologies, confessions
Meanwhile the bomb can be disarmed. But among the commotion no one volunteers to find a solution, and there's too much noise to sort of organize everyone to think about it.
You don't know these people very well so you don't feel particularly concerned with what they're doing. Turns out all these people are actually 5 years old. They don't even know you can attempt to disarm the bomb.
You look at the bomb. It has a panel you can lift up.
Someone says something about how the bomb is god and this is our divine justice. Okay? You ignore it cause it makes no sense based off what you're figuring out. If you spend too long thinking about what they said, you'll just die. There's a chance not to die. So fuck it, you're not listening.
You lift up the panel and see a small lcd screen. It has dots, with 2 buttons below it. (+) and (-)
There are roughly 300 dots on this screen (rough estimate) and there's 5 minutes left on the timer.
Every second one dot gets removed.
"I don't like the colour of this bomb", says someone from the back of the room. The fuck? You ignore it.
You want to see if there's a way to disarm this bomb.
There are no instructions.
Whatever. You press the (-) button. If you die you were going to die anyway.
A dot disappears. The timer skips a second.
It's not a crazy leap to assume the dots and the amount of seconds left on the timer have a correlation. You just assume it to be the case now.
You press the (+) button. A second gets added.
"Okay, I guess I was right with what I just thought"
"Oh my god, you are going to get us killed!!!" says someone from the corner of the room. You ignore it. You just found out how to get us all not killed.
You repeatedly press the (+) button. More dots appear. More seconds are added to the clock.
"Oh my god how did you do that"
Idk, it just makes sense
"How did you figure this out"
By looking at what makes sense and cutting out/ ignoring bullshit
"When you press the plus button, it adds a second. Can you keep pressing this while we get someone else to help"
"SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!" says someone. Someone else says "HOW CAN YOU PLAY WITH OUT EMOTIONS THIS WAY?"
Now imagine you've lost all ability to care about what other people are saying until this task is over.
"Guys, I'm adding seconds to the timer, I don't hate or like you guys. But we all don't want to die, right?"
For Ti people the "task" is never over.
It's impartial. You don't care about anything except the things you can use/ make sense of. You figure out how everything works without much help from the outside.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll copy and paste the post because I left out a lot of details.

Say you're in a room with like 10 other people. And a bomb. The timer is ticking down.
Imagine everyone is scared. They're crying. They're telling each other about stuff unrelated to the bomb- regrets they've had, apologies, confessions
Meanwhile the bomb can be disarmed. But among the commotion no one volunteers to find a solution, and there's too much noise to sort of organize everyone to think about it.
You don't know these people very well so you don't feel particularly concerned with what they're doing. Turns out all these people are actually 5 years old. They don't even know you can attempt to disarm the bomb.
You look at the bomb. It has a panel you can lift up.
Someone says something about how the bomb is god and this is our divine justice. Okay? You ignore it cause it makes no sense based off what you're figuring out. If you spend too long thinking about what they said, you'll just die. There's a chance not to die. So fuck it, you're not listening.
You lift up the panel and see a small lcd screen. It has dots, with 2 buttons below it. (+) and (-)
There are roughly 300 dots on this screen (rough estimate) and there's 5 minutes left on the timer.
Every second one dot gets removed.
"I don't like the colour of this bomb", says someone from the back of the room. The fuck? You ignore it.
You want to see if there's a way to disarm this bomb.
There are no instructions.
Whatever. You press the (-) button. If you die you were going to die anyway.
A dot disappears. The timer skips a second.
It's not a crazy leap to assume the dots and the amount of seconds left on the timer have a correlation. You just assume it to be the case now.
You press the (+) button. A second gets added.
"Okay, I guess I was right with what I just thought"
"Oh my god, you are going to get us killed!!!" says someone from the corner of the room. You ignore it. You just found out how to get us all not killed.
You repeatedly press the (+) button. More dots appear. More seconds are added to the clock.
"Oh my god how did you do that"
Idk, it just makes sense
"How did you figure this out"
By looking at what makes sense and cutting out/ ignoring bullshit
"When you press the plus button, it adds a second. Can you keep pressing this while we get someone else to help"
"SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!" says someone. Someone else says "HOW CAN YOU PLAY WITH OUT EMOTIONS THIS WAY?"
Now imagine you've lost all ability to care about what other people are saying until this task is over.
"Guys, I'm adding seconds to the timer, I don't hate or like you guys. But we all don't want to die, right?"
For Ti people the "task" is never over.
It's impartial. You don't care about anything except the things you can use/ make sense of. You figure out how everything works without much help from the outside.

"Without much help from the outside" because he's an introvert.