• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I?? Does depression changes the result?

tetrazesque

Hi! I'm new here. I'm really bad with forums and it took me some time to figure out how to post here >_<

Well that aside, I'm actually very confused with my personality type. I've been interested in MBTI since I was 14 and had read a ton of articles and taken so many/various tests.

When I was in highschool, I was bullied pretty bad and had some severe (I think it was really bad) depression. I had no friends much and spent my days at school feeling really rejected and no one likes me. At around that time, I discovered MBTI and got INFP. I was quite introverted at that time because of the situation I'm in, I suppose.

But I really think the introvert characteristics fit me halfway, and I have extroverted characteristics aswell. I was on a 50/50 spectrum. Anyhow, I know that when I was a kid, I was never quiet, I love to question and ask many questions (despite not speaking a proper language), I've always been gregarious. But it seems that I always have very few close friends, and I talk a bunch with them. I love to create a bit of drama (and draw attention) but I never really had a big group of friends. But I've loved to talk and conversing.

And then, now I got out of the school I've really hated and I'm now tested as INTP. At first I was on 50/50 Thinking-Feeling spectrum, but after a few months of some internet debates (haa lol does that change your personality that fast?) I became 70 T 30 F. I read the profile and I realised that a lot of INTP traits fit me aswell, other than INFP and ENFP. I absolutely love reading wikipedia about various things (until late nights) and I have love for computers and technological stuff. But I'm pretty bad at math.. (dyscalculia).

Anddddd, sigh. After reading more personality types and recovering from my depression (it has been 11 months now since I was really depressed), I took my MBTI again. And now magically, I got ENTP! Wow, I feel like I'm being taken into a personality crisis loop. I admit, lately I've been more argumentative on the Internet and started becoming a keyboard warrior xD (idk is that a good word to say so) ??

I've always have things to say in my head before, but never really expressed my opinion and lately I started to become more brave (?) and started becoming more .. involved (?)

I don't know, I do realise a lot of my mind/heart/personality and so on has been jumbled all together because of severe depression and bullying.

I do think I'm an E, but still have doubts because I'm now quite private and tend to keep things secret for the sake of my anxiety (and I think that's because of my depression, again!)

And when it comes to feelings, I love to imagine and stuff but at the same time I guess I'm not as imaginative as INFPs much, still, I'm posting here because I have no idea where to post and I'm new, sorry! (I've been waiting so long to ask this question.

TL;DR

Got result as an INFP when I was in depressed, have doubts because I was an extroverted child; now is recovering from depression and got INTP -- read profile and is actually quite like me; got into arguments lately and tested again... got ENTP and it still fits me.

My enneagram at first was type 4w5 and took it again after some time and gotten type 5 with balanced wings. :/ I always try my best to answer tests generally, and at my best interest.
-----

Would like some thoughts of what type of MBTI I am and maybe some questions for me to answer so anybody can determine my type will be greatly appreciated!! Any advice, ideas is welcome :D:)

Gone

Yeah it does change things. Even regular mood swings can affect the outcome of a test. Also it is possible that you answer the same questions differently after reflecting a while because you see your behaviour from another angle or interpret it in a different way than before.

Concerning your type, I have some ideas but not enough for a definite conclusion. Did you take cognitive function tests yet? Care to fill out a questionnaire?

Welcome to the forum! :bye:

nemiki

Enneagram
6w7
Depression can sort of suppress some of your functions but not for long and not fully.

You did not really describe your functions. Just because you are interested in technology doesn't mean you use Ti. :)
I can't really tell what you are since you did not describe your personality well.

Maybe this is helpful: tell me which fits the best :)

Fi vs Fe

• Fe always begins by using other people as a point of reference first.
  • Fe is concerned with group harmony so it is concerned with principles like cooperativeness and unity.
  • Fe is prone to reflexively smoothing out conflicts and trying to be inclusive but, in doing so, it can sometimes inadvertently ignore people’s individual needs for the sake of the greater good.
  • Fe is not in touch with its own state of being due to being focused on others and tends to ignore itself for the sake of group harmony.
  • Fe takes much longer to become aware of inner turmoil than Fi.
  • When frustrated, high Fe tends to locate the source of the problem in other people first and blame outwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from other people being disruptive to group harmony.
  • Fe loyalty comes from a place of duty or reciprocation (”I should do this for the sake of maintaining the relationship bond”)
  • Fe loyalty tends to be somewhat “emotionless” or principle-based
  • When making a sacrifice, Fe tends to “calculate” the result of the sacrifice beforehand (not always consciously however)
  • Fe is more in tune with negative social consequences so it will pause or hesitate unless the circumstances are very ethically straightforward
  • Fe tries to accurately read the other person’s emotional state and then has to make a rational decision about whether or not to act, often employing Ti to do a hasty cost-benefit analysis.

• Fi always uses oneself as the first point of reference.
  • Fi is concerned with inner harmony so it is concerned with internal signals of discord/turmoil as a way to gauge whether everything is okay.
  • Fi is prone to displaying sensitivity to individuals and alleviating internal conflict/turmoil for self and others but, in doing so, it sometimes has to act on behalf of individuals in a way that inadvertently disrupts the greater good.
  • Fi is in touch with its own state of being out of necessity for maintaining inner harmony.
  • Fi is much quicker to become aware of inner turmoil than Fe.
  • When frustrated, high Fi tends to locate the source of the problem in oneself first and blame inwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from one’s own issues/missteps and then show signs of being uncertain or insecure about whether one is doing the right thing.
  • Fi loyalty comes from one’s own conscience (”I should do this because I know in my bones it’s right/moral”).
  • Fi loyalty tends to swell into fullness with inner “gut feeling” as one acts in accordance with one’s own values.
  • Fi tends to sacrifice without thinking much about what will happen next
  • Fi jumps into action much more quickly because conscience compels it to, that is, there is no need to first “check” if it is okay to act. However, unhealthy or immature Fi tends to be extremely self-centered and will place personal needs ahead of others’, whereas mature Fi can instantly place itself directly in another person’s shoes through transferring one’s own personal experience to another and then immediately understand the necessity of acting/sacrificing, often employing Te to form a hasty plan of action.

Everyone experiences inner turmoil occasionally but, the lower Fe or Fi is in the functional stack, the more difficult it will be for the person to handle it well because it threatens the higher Thinking function’s focus on maintaining a sense of competency. Generally speaking, lower Fi senses that the turmoil is there and tries to push it away until it becomes unmanageable, whereas lower Fe doesn’t know the turmoil is there until it grows and manifests in a negative, desperate, extreme, or destructive behavior.

Feeling vs Thinking

relies on detached impersonal analysis
analyzes principles of cause-effect
impartiality/fairness > individual needs
confident about decisions once analyzed
difficulty with exceptions, context
uses critical analysis to solve problems
implements decisions firmly to get results

OR

relies on personal, moral, or social values
analyzes impact on human welfare
human needs > following rules
difficulty deciding when interests conflict
confident in negotiation, compromise
incorporates diverse views for consensus
uses soft power to gain agreement

Te vs Ti

• Te wants to know how to integrate successfully into the external world so it focuses on using existing objective standards or principles to guide behavior (”x seems to always get the same result in the world”)
  • Te is concerned with finding the objective standards or principles that can achieve the best results, so it does not necessarily care about the standards or principles in themselves but, rather, prefers to focus mostly on the outcome that they produce
  • Te tends to reason very quickly due to only needing just enough information to secure the result that it is looking for
  • Te is prone to reflexively applying the best principle that it knows but, in doing so, it can sometimes overgeneralize and come to the wrong conclusion because of overlooking important contextual details/factors.
  • Te-Fi types are always in danger of believing that what they think is true will also be true for everyone because the principle is perceived as objective and applicable in all times and places.
  • Te organizes information using objective standards of measurement in the external world
  • Te is satisfied just to know what the most useful cause and effect principle is so that it can get on with achieving the outcome it wants
  • Te makes up for this by having a better grasp of actionable pragmatic standards that yield immediate results, quickly nipping problems in the bud as soon as they arise
  • Te makes up for this by being more sensitive and responsive to negative consequences so that behavior can be readjusted quickly when necessary
  • Te can be better at responding quickly to mistakes
  • Te hits a wall when it cannot let go of an “objective” standard or principle that is no longer applicable because of context or because conditions have changed

OR

• Ti wants to know how to act consistently with one’s own understanding so it focuses on refining personal knowledge of rules through subjective analysis (”x seems true according to my calculations”).
  • Ti is concerned with systematically analyzing rules of cause and effect to construct a holistic theory that can adequately explain how an entire system works and then know exactly which parts of the system to adjust for better results
  • Ti needs to spend more time analyzing the reasons behind cause and effect and piecing the rules together into a coherent structure.
  • Ti invests so much time and energy into analysis, it is prone to deeply internalizing the rules that it concludes are true but, in doing so, it can sometimes fail to remember that the conclusions were derived from subjective analysis and therefore subject to change as perspectives shift in the external world.
  • Ti-Fe types are always in danger of believing in their own subjective truths without considering how another person in a different position might come to a different conclusion that is equally valid from their subjective vantage point.
  • Ti organizes information to be internally consistent within one’s own mind
  • Ti wants to know the mechanisms that underlie cause and effect sometimes even just for the sake of knowing
  • Ti usually tries to avoid or prevent problems because of being able to calculate probabilities better than Te due to having depth of systematic knowledge
  • Ti is more prone to procrastination because of requiring more information and time to test conclusions but the conclusions tend to be more accurate
  • Ti can be better at avoiding mistakes
  • Ti hits a wall when it enacts a rule without thinking enough about how the impact will be perceived from a vantage point that is not one’s own

Introversion vs Extraversion:

Introverted functions need more time/energy to inwardly process/plan:

• to compare and sort through personally relevant details (Si)
  • to build awareness of personally meaningful intuitions (Ni)
  • to analyze data and construct personalized formulaic knowledge (Ti)
  • to analyze the depth of personal experiences and reactions (Fi)

Extraverted functions feel the urge to act immediately on the world:

• to actively pursue and engage in new/stimulating experiences (Se)
  • to actively pursue progress or actualize a new idea/possibility (Ne)
  • to actively solve a problem, make a correction, or achieve a goal (Te)
  • to actively smooth conflict or strengthen bonds among people (Fe)

INTP/ENTP (Ti-Ne v. Ne-Ti):

• INTPs tend to be more reflective and cerebral and less ambitious than ENTPs.
  • INTPs like to play around with conceptual ideas inwardly and feel less driven to actualize those ideas in the external world.They develop a more holistic, individualistic, strategic, and systematic understanding of the world, and tend to prefer having one idea that they personally handle and develop to its full extent, even if they sometimes have trouble narrowing down and choosing the idea.
  • ENTPs tend to have more actionable ideas and feel a much stronger drive/ambition to transform ideas into physical reality because they are more focused on the concrete facts of the external world and making progress; as a result, they can be easily distracted due to having too many parallel ideas and they find it more difficult to strategically decide which one to pursue. Because of their focus on the external world, they are more prone to recruiting or seeking out people who can get on board and provide assistance for implementing the details of their ideas/plans.

INFP/ENFP (Fi-Ne v. Ne-Fi):

• INFPs are more laid back and reflective than ENFPs.
  • INFPs have more patience for imaginative play and are more driven to act in accordance with their own values or judgments. They are more oriented towards individual experience and find it easier to forsake social companionship in order to pursue their own ideas/needs.
  • ENFPs tend to have more actionable ideas and feel a much stronger drive/ambition to transform ideas into reality because they are more focused on the concrete facts of the external world and making progress; as a result, they can be easily distracted due to having too many parallel ideas and they have greater difficulty deciding which course of action is more important to pursue. Because of their focus on the external world, they have a higher need for social connection and find it easier to compromise their own personal needs/values for short term social or emotional gains.

One of the easiest ways to determine whether you are introverted or extraverted is to examine the negative/darker aspects of the inferior function. What is your behavior when you are feeling extremely stressed? Being in the grip of the inferior function is about completely losing control over yourself and behaving in ways that are very out of character because you are overwhelmed by too many negative emotions or problems.

• When extraverts lose control over themselves and life, they will withdraw (introvert) because they no longer know what actions to take and feel overwhelmed by inner confusion.
  • When introverts lose control over themselves and life, they will act out (extravert) because they no longer have the mental energy to process information or contain their turmoil within. If you can successfully identify your inferior function, E/I confusion will be resolved.

source: Cognitive Function Theory

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Depression doesn't change your type, though it may well screw up most online tests. THis is because a 1) most assume that frequency of function expression is the same as the function order, which isn't always the case, especially amongst those with psychological problems and 2) most online test are basically a bit shit.

Most people with problems tend to over express functions 4 through 6 and under express the auxillary.

tetrazesque

Depression can sort of suppress some of your functions but not for long and not fully.

You did not really describe your functions. Just because you are interested in technology doesn't mean you use Ti. :)
I can't really tell what you are since you did not describe your personality well.

Fi vs Fe

• Fe is concerned with group harmony so it is concerned with principles like cooperativeness and unity.
  • Fe is prone to reflexively smoothing out conflicts and trying to be inclusive but, in doing so, it can sometimes inadvertently ignore people’s individual needs for the sake of the greater good.
  • Fe is not in touch with its own state of being due to being focused on others and tends to ignore itself for the sake of group harmony.
  • When frustrated, high Fe tends to locate the source of the problem in other people first and blame outwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from other people being disruptive to group harmony.
  • Fe loyalty comes from a place of duty or reciprocation (”I should do this for the sake of maintaining the relationship bond”)
  • When making a sacrifice, Fe tends to “calculate” the result of the sacrifice beforehand (not always consciously however)
  • Fe is more in tune with negative social consequences so it will pause or hesitate unless the circumstances are very ethically straightforward
  • Fe tries to accurately read the other person’s emotional state and then has to make a rational decision about whether or not to act, often employing Ti to do a hasty cost-benefit analysis.

• Fi is concerned with inner harmony so it is concerned with internal signals of discord/turmoil as a way to gauge whether everything is okay.
  • Fi is prone to displaying sensitivity to individuals and alleviating internal conflict/turmoil for self and others but, in doing so, it sometimes has to act on behalf of individuals in a way that inadvertently disrupts the greater good.
  • Fi is in touch with its own state of being out of necessity for maintaining inner harmony.
  • When frustrated, high Fi tends to locate the source of the problem in oneself first and blame inwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from one’s own issues/missteps and then show signs of being uncertain or insecure about whether one is doing the right thing.
  • Fi loyalty comes from one’s own conscience (”I should do this because I know in my bones it’s right/moral”).
  • Fi loyalty tends to swell into fullness with inner “gut feeling” as one acts in accordance with one’s own values.
  • Fi jumps into action much more quickly because conscience compels it to, that is, there is no need to first “check” if it is okay to act. However, unhealthy or immature Fi tends to be extremely self-centered and will place personal needs ahead of others’, whereas mature Fi can instantly place itself directly in another person’s shoes through transferring one’s own personal experience to another and then immediately understand the necessity of acting/sacrificing, often employing Te to form a hasty plan of action.

Everyone experiences inner turmoil occasionally but, the lower Fe or Fi is in the functional stack, the more difficult it will be for the person to handle it well because it threatens the higher Thinking function’s focus on maintaining a sense of competency. Generally speaking, lower Fi senses that the turmoil is there and tries to push it away until it becomes unmanageable, whereas lower Fe doesn’t know the turmoil is there until it grows and manifests in a negative, desperate, extreme, or destructive behavior.

Feeling vs Thinking

OR

Te vs Ti

• Te wants to know how to integrate successfully into the external world so it focuses on using existing objective standards or principles to guide behavior (”x seems to always get the same result in the world”)
  • Te is concerned with finding the objective standards or principles that can achieve the best results, so it does not necessarily care about the standards or principles in themselves but, rather, prefers to focus mostly on the outcome that they produce
  • Te tends to reason very quickly due to only needing just enough information to secure the result that it is looking for
  • Te is prone to reflexively applying the best principle that it knows but, in doing so, it can sometimes overgeneralize and come to the wrong conclusion because of overlooking important contextual details/factors.
  • Te-Fi types are always in danger of believing that what they think is true will also be true for everyone because the principle is perceived as objective and applicable in all times and places.
  • Te organizes information using objective standards of measurement in the external world
  • Te is satisfied just to know what the most useful cause and effect principle is so that it can get on with achieving the outcome it wants
  • Te makes up for this by having a better grasp of actionable pragmatic standards that yield immediate results, quickly nipping problems in the bud as soon as they arise
  • Te makes up for this by being more sensitive and responsive to negative consequences so that behavior can be readjusted quickly when necessary
  • Te hits a wall when it cannot let go of an “objective” standard or principle that is no longer applicable because of context or because conditions have changed

OR

• Ti wants to know how to act consistently with one’s own understanding so it focuses on refining personal knowledge of rules through subjective analysis (”x seems true according to my calculations”).
  • Ti is concerned with systematically analyzing rules of cause and effect to construct a holistic theory that can adequately explain how an entire system works and then know exactly which parts of the system to adjust for better results
  • Ti needs to spend more time analyzing the reasons behind cause and effect and piecing the rules together into a coherent structure.
  • Ti invests so much time and energy into analysis, it is prone to deeply internalizing the rules that it concludes are true but, in doing so, it can sometimes fail to remember that the conclusions were derived from subjective analysis and therefore subject to change as perspectives shift in the external world.
  • Ti-Fe types are always in danger of believing in their own subjective truths without considering how another person in a different position might come to a different conclusion that is equally valid from their subjective vantage point.
  • Ti wants to know the mechanisms that underlie cause and effect sometimes even just for the sake of knowing
  • Ti usually tries to avoid or prevent problems because of being able to calculate probabilities better than Te due to having depth of systematic knowledge
  • Ti is more prone to procrastination because of requiring more information and time to test conclusions but the conclusions tend to be more accurate
  • Ti hits a wall when it enacts a rule without thinking enough about how the impact will be perceived from a vantage point that is not one’s own

• INTPs like to play around with conceptual ideas inwardly and feel less driven to actualize those ideas in the external world.They develop a more holistic, individualistic, strategic, and systematic understanding of the world, and tend to prefer having one idea that they personally handle and develop to its full extent, even if they sometimes have trouble narrowing down and choosing the idea.
  • ENTPs tend to have more actionable ideas and feel a much stronger drive/ambition to transform ideas into physical reality because they are more focused on the concrete facts of the external world and making progress; as a result, they can be easily distracted due to having too many parallel ideas and they find it more difficult to strategically decide which one to pursue. Because of their focus on the external world, they are more prone to recruiting or seeking out people who can get on board and provide assistance for implementing the details of their ideas/plans.

• INFPs have more patience for imaginative play and are more driven to act in accordance with their own values or judgments. They are more oriented towards individual experience and find it easier to forsake social companionship in order to pursue their own ideas/needs.
  • ENFPs tend to have more actionable ideas and feel a much stronger drive/ambition to transform ideas into reality because they are more focused on the concrete facts of the external world and making progress; as a result, they can be easily distracted due to having too many parallel ideas and they have greater difficulty deciding which course of action is more important to pursue. Because of their focus on the external world, they have a higher need for social connection and find it easier to compromise their own personal needs/values for short term social or emotional gains.

One of the easiest ways to determine whether you are introverted or extraverted is to examine the negative/darker aspects of the inferior function. What is your behavior when you are feeling extremely stressed? Being in the grip of the inferior function is about completely losing control over yourself and behaving in ways that are very out of character because you are overwhelmed by too many negative emotions or problems.

• When extraverts lose control over themselves and life, they will withdraw (introvert) because they no longer know what actions to take and feel overwhelmed by inner confusion.
  • When introverts lose control over themselves and life, they will act out (extravert) because they no longer have the mental energy to process information or contain their turmoil within. If you can successfully identify your inferior function, E/I confusion will be resolved.

Thanks for the helpful reply!! It means a lot :D

Well, I have to admit I'm quite the beginner when it comes to functions. I do read a lot of MBTI but function stacks are one of those I keep overlooking and I think I do lack a lot of knowledge about it.

I realised that Fe fits me more and I relate to a number of it, such as calculating and thinking of the result of my sacrifice, and trying to smooth out conflicts. Fi, on the other hand, some of it relates to me but not as much as Fe (I do blame myself a lot... might have been some remnants left from my depression). I sometimes do make decisions on a whim but afterwards I do think of my actions and what I'm doing will affect my future, etc.

I do have the tendency of blaming other people when problems arise and maybe after such a long time I might consider if I'm the wrong.

Anyways, I think Fe fits me most but I don't think I use it much, such as I don't really care about 'group harmony' but when it comes to a person I do think about their feelings and try to read it.

When it comes to Te and Ti, I relate to Ti the most, I like to know the details of how entire system work out and vital parts of what makes a good outcome. Wow, I relate to a lot of Ti and I think I agree with the points a lot, I tend to overanalyze a lot of things and etc.

INTP vs ENTP

I see that I do like concepts and systematic understanding and all, but at the same time I do have the need to actualize the idea into and making progress with the things in my head. I try to get the message across and can't handle having all of the ideas stuck in my brain for long. The idea of getting an idea across and making sure my objectives are heard in the society is very important. Playing with ideas and concepts, possibilities and all are fun but eventually a final/certain idea has to be sent across and it may or will make a change.

INFP vs ENFP

Both relate to me. I don't know, maybe because I move around quite a lot in my life, I don't tend to get attached with anybody and didn't have much social companionship, etc. Even though I really wish I can have a constant friend I know to talk a lot with (but it seems that my friendships often don't last long anyway even if I don't go anywhere else). I do have some time where I like to spend time alone but I like being with people and finds out that I actually feel happy after a social event or so, it feels like I'm making progress in my life and I'm doing something in this world. As much as I like to have my own space, I do like to have social connections and get to know people when I feel lonely.

And wow, the E/I confusion I think has been resolved.
When I get stressed out, I do overthink and have a lot of confusion. I will be quiet and feel really isolated/closeted. I somehow keep the problems to myself and share the problem when I feel really obligated to.

Still, with these answers, I have difficulty determining my function stack so I hope my answers do help with determining my type :D

tetrazesque

Hi guys! Thanks a lot for replying to this thread.

Unfortunately, my knowledge about functions is quite bad and I agree, studying the theory is better. But anyhow, analyzing myself seems to be a hard work because of my inner uncertainty and confusion. I have read functions and how they work, and at the end I get them all mixed up and I ended up being confused all over again. A questionnaire would be great and I think it would really help me. Where do I start answering?

I took a cognitive functions test a few times before and gotten INFP and INTP. I doubt the 'I' because I think I'm an E (I've explained in another reply), that when I'm under stress I get really quiet, closeted and isolated (and also overthink and have tons of confusion). I try to share my troubles but because I lack close relationship to share it with I tend to bottle it (but not all of it though, I still share the most of the problem on the surface with someone but getting deeper is a nay).

[I've responded to nemiki about all of my thoughts with Te vs Ti, and Fe vs Fi, E/I, etc but the reply post seems to be waiting for approval]
(might have responded to it twice because I was in doubt whether the reply post has really been sent! just hoping there's no double post here later!!)

tetrazesque

Fi vs Fe

Feeling vs Thinking

OR

Te vs Ti

OR

Thanks for the helpful reply!! It means a lot :D

Well, I have to admit I'm quite the beginner when it comes to functions. I do read a lot of MBTI but function stacks are one of those I keep overlooking and I think I do lack a lot of knowledge about it.

I realised that Fe fits me more and I relate to a number of it, such as calculating and thinking of the result of my sacrifice, and trying to smooth out conflicts. Fi, on the other hand, some of it relates to me but not as much as Fe (I do blame myself a lot... might have been some remnants left from my depression). I sometimes do make decisions on a whim but afterwards I do think of my actions and what I'm doing will affect my future, etc.

I do have the tendency of blaming other people when problems arise and maybe after such a long time I might consider if I'm the wrong.

Anyways, I think Fe fits me most but I don't think I use it much, such as I don't really care about 'group harmony' but when it comes to a person I do think about their feelings and try to read it.

When it comes to Te and Ti, I relate to Ti the most, I like to know the details of how entire system work out and vital parts of what makes a good outcome. Wow, I relate to a lot of Ti and I think I agree with the points a lot, I tend to overanalyze a lot of things and etc.

INTP vs ENTP

I see that I do like concepts and systematic understanding and all, but at the same time I do have the need to actualize the idea into and making progress with the things in my head. I try to get the message across and can't handle having all of the ideas stuck in my brain for long. The idea of getting an idea across and making sure my objectives are heard in the society is very important. Playing with ideas and concepts, possibilities and all are fun but eventually a final/certain idea has to be sent across and it may or will make a change.

INFP vs ENFP

Both relate to me. I don't know, maybe because I move around quite a lot in my life, I don't tend to get attached with anybody and didn't have much social companionship, etc. Even though I really wish I can have a constant friend I know to talk a lot with (but it seems that my friendships often don't last long anyway even if I don't go anywhere else). I do have some time where I like to spend time alone but I like being with people and finds out that I actually feel happy after a social event or so, it feels like I'm making progress in my life and I'm doing something in this world. As much as I like to have my own space, I do like to have social connections and get to know people when I feel lonely.

And wow, the E/I confusion I think has been resolved.
When I get stressed out, I do overthink and have a lot of confusion. I will be quiet and feel really isolated/closeted. I somehow keep the problems to myself and share the problem when I feel really obligated to.

Still, with these answers, I have difficulty determining my function stack so I hope my answers do help with determining my type :D

nemiki

Enneagram
6w7
[I've responded to nemiki about all of my thoughts with Te vs Ti, and Fe vs Fi, E/I, etc but the reply post seems to be waiting for approval]

I can't see it. But you can send me a private message if posting it here doesn't work :thumbup:

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi! I think that depression can change the type result you get on tests, especially if you got an INFP, because many INFP traits to correspond to depression traits. When I was struggling with depression awhile ago, I thought I was an INFP as well. And part of the reason you might get more introverted under stress is because stress often causes a person to travel down their cognitive function stacks, so if you're an extravert, under stress you might start using your auxiliary or even inferior introverted functions more than your dominant extraverted function. When I'm really tired a lot of the times I'll become really extraverted and suddenly want to do exciting things. "Let's go night swimming and eat ice cream yessss!!!!"