• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Based on these answers, what MBTI type do you think I am?

redink

Im new to this forum, but I thought before I post about my type in my profile, Id see what other people thought of me, based on these questions and answers.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it (if you can't post links just remove and paste the rest).

photos/64725727@N06/31555686722/ Makes me think about the vastness of the world, makes me want to be right where the photo was taken and just feel the loneliness, feel how large this earth is and how small I am. Looks like a perfect place to scream something out, to cry, or just to run around like an idiot and know that no one is watching. I would spend a week out here, if I could just away from everyone and everything. Its a breathtakingly beautiful place.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Inwardly, I would be wondering what happened, how to fix it, and who can help. Outwardly, I would be like "Oh shit." While that is going through my head, Ill most likely stay quiet for a minute while my brain is trying to wrap around a possible solution, and then I would probably voice my opinion as soon as my mind confirms its reasonable and possible.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If the majority of people want to go, and there is no early mornings for anyone the next day, and you traveled all this way, why not stay a while. I would most likely not drink just in case the driver does. Don't like drinking anyway, seen too many lives destroyed by it, and I like to remain in full control of all my senses and actions.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly, if its something that I am very passionate about and my friend sounds ignorant, I could possibly get a little peeved, but think about what made her think that way in the first place. Outwardly I would definitely speak up, making sure I dont sound pissed off or like I think I "know better" (cause I hate it when people talk to me like they're better than me) and try to understand why she believes that way, and then possibly make a case against her belief, and explain her mine.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Depends on what you mean; if I saw someone harassing someone for doing something they dont agree with, I would stand up to that person in a heartbeat. If it was in a place that I visited and it was a large collection of people doing something I dont agree with, I would just leave. I've done that multiple times in my life.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Honor and loyalty. Doing the right thing even if no one is watching, being honorable no matter how hard a situation gets, and always staying loyal to the people who have been there for you when you needed them. And taking everyone into consideration when planning or deciding on something, not just thinking about yourself and what works for you. Experience is the most prominent reason I have these values. Being mistreated makes you realize what is important to you, and what you value in a person. I dont know, I figure the only reason I see my values is changing is again, experience.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?

Well the obvious first is that I am loud, but I am not sure if that is considered a personality trait. I guess its that I am very passionate and observant; when I work on something I go above and beyond what anyone expects, I do things for people that they consider to be "too much," (in a good way) I see the need for something and I fill it before most people acknowledge it. I have a couple traits that I consider negative, but I think the one I would like to change the most is my anger or sensitiveness to the people that hurt me or the ones that I love. I wish I was a little bit more cold, because when I feel pain or rejection it either makes me very angry or depressed. Only a handful of people could make me feel this way, but I still hate that they can. I wish it didnt effect me as much as it does.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I am very in tune with the feelings that I have about certain people or situations. Usually, the people that I don't like for no apparent reason turn out to be exactly what I suspected and I've learned to trust my gut. Situations too, I feel like I know when something is about to turn bad, especially when it involves me interacting with someone, or doing something directly.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I am energized by projects or events I help organize or plan, otherwise I am not as involved as I can be. I enjoy working with people when I am in charge, but if someone is ordering me around I can't wait to leave, even though sometimes I stay (honor and all that). I also enjoy being around a large group of people that I am close too. Usually with our large family gatherings, I move from one group to another, drink tea with the woman, watch a clip with the guys, sit outside with some of the teens, play a little with the kids, chat with my best friend; I always want to know whats going on and be involved in one way or another, and that always makes me feel connected and happier at the end of the day. I hate it when I have to sit in one place for a long time, and do the same work over and over again, I feel like I go insane. I don't feel like I know whats going on and I feel like I can't work as good as I can if I am limited to my one area, or one field.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When I am talking with people that I respect or delight in, I sometimes dont speak up for my beliefs because I know they will not understand. (my religious cousin or my uncle) But mostly I tend not to show any sensitivity to anyone, and I feel stupid when I do, even when its someone like my sister. Not that I am overly sensitive, but I don't like anyone considering me weak or that they can manipulate me.