• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

*feels guilty for cluttering the forum with another type me thread*

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Well, my doubt has less to do with an aspect of my personality, and more to do with a general trend I've seen in others. It seems that in almost everyone there are discrepancies between how they are, and how they seem themselves, and I have little reason to think I am exempt from this pattern. Also, on cognitive functions tests, I typically score evenly on Fe, Fi, Ne, and Ni.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for creativity, deep connections with others, and to heal/help/save others. I yearn for creative expression because that is when I am most at peace, and it is something I love. I have a longing for deep connections with others because there is little more beautiful than to understand and be understood. Lastly, I want to heal others because there is so much pain in this world, and it makes me so sad, and … I honestly don't know how to logically explain my desire to save everyone.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
That one time I ran into a burning building and rescued ten golden retriever puppies. This is a bit odd, but I think I feel at my finest when I'm lying in bed at night and trying to sleep, but instead I end up thinking and making connections and receiving insights. I don't wish to give any specific examples because that's when I think about private concepts, but it makes me feel at my finest because at that moment I am free of my body in a way: it is just my mind working away in private darkness with no noises or external stimuli, and I become capable of doing my best thinking.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
EVERYTHING! JK ;)
Making stupid mistakes, especially if they negatively affect others. Like, this morning at work someone asked for an extra espresso shot in their Americano, and I got the extra shot running and everything, but I forgot to put it in the drink and didn't realize my mistake until I walked back to the espresso machine and found the shot still sitting in the catcher. It just made me feel so bad because he'd been so nice and was out to do grocery shopping and then he had to go home and do a bunch of house cleaning and now he wasn't going to have enough caffeine! D:

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It depends on the decision. Like, for my decision for my career, I knew I wanted to do something to help people, but then the rest of my decision-making process was primarily pros and cons. If it's for something like where me and my friends should go out for dinner, usually I'll think about people, and if it's for something like how I should spend my Saturday, I'll usually divide it up between people (doing something nice for someone), pros and cons (getting my errands done) and how I feel (working on an art project).

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I'm not entirely sure what is meant by emphasis … Um, like if it's a school project, then my area of focus is getting an A over anything else. So for an example, this semester I had to do a few writing assignments where the surest way to get an A was to argue for government programs when in actuality I strongly believe in smaller governments (I'm not a conservative though), but because I wanted that grade, I sacrificed my values for points. I definitely like to have control of outcomes. I get super stressed if I don't know what's going to happen or if I have to rely on someone else for something. Like for my final in a class I had to give a group presentation, and one of my group members elected to make the power point for it, and I totally had to fight myself back from making a back up power point just in case his ended up being really bad, or if he forgot or something.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Ooh, one time I had a lot of fun was when me and some friends and my sisters went to a water park, an me and one of my sisters abandoned the group to do the “scary” rides, and it was so great because I got my sister all to myself to talk while we waited in line, and then the rides were just AWESOME and me and my sister had a great time freaking out about them afterwards. Um, my memory of it is happy and makes my chest feel fuzzy and warm. :p

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
This question is vague. XD When I want to learn something new I'll first weigh whether or not I have time for any new hobbies or interests and if it's worth sacrificing something else I love to pursue. Then I'll probably ask people around me what their thoughts on it are, and if they think it's a good idea. Then I'll probably read about it a lot, and get a book or two from the library about it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
E for effort? XD I try to be organized because that's when I function the best, but my room can get pretty messy when I'm busy. My closet, however, is a work of art (but only because I spent about 12 hours devising the PERFECT closet organization system that would hold up under carelessness and abuse. If I hadn't, it would probably be a disaster right now).

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
It depends. Usually I'll begin by simply absorbing the ideas in their raw form and try to understand them without judging, and then later I'll compare whatever I remember with relevant information I've gathered from previous places to see how they match up, and if the idea is important to me then I'll probably start reading books about it from as many different viewpoints as possible, and then in about five years I might choose a stance on said idea. XD

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
It … depends. If I'm going to be in a group then I'll try to make sure everyone is fine and I'll try to include everyone, but if said group keeps making me feel like I can't be myself, I'll usually abandon it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak while I'm thinking and the result is that I can never think of the right word I want to use! It's sooooo annoying! And definitely one-on-one communication unless said person is really hard to talk to, in which case I like a three-person group where everyone is good at giving everyone else a chance to talk.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I definitely like to know what I'm jumping in. When I go to a party I like to stand at the outskirts for a tiny bit and see where everyone is and what everyone's doing etc., etc. Yes, actions speak louder than words, but both have their merit.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Um, it depends. If I've already been around people a bunch that day, I'll probably decline. However, if I hadn't been out and about yet, and they offered to drive (I hate driving), and we were going to do something awesome, I'd probably say yes and just record my show for later.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I either get a HUGE adrenaline rush or I get super emotional.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Usually I don't really dislike anyone … My form of dislike is a lot closer to pity than anything else. Um, if I dislike being around someone, it's usually because they're rude and unkind, self-centered to the point where I think they don't care about me, or if they are really negative and judgmental.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
YES! Mostly any abstract completely irrelevant to daily life topic like how aliens fit into different theological theories. *nodnod*

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
You're asking me to put attention to my lack of attention? How could you?
Hmm … Probably tiny details in the outer world. Like, it might take me three months to notice if someone redecorated their living room even if I go to their house a lot. I have a really rough time with details, period. I hate having to do paperwork, and deep cleaning is a nightmare.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Oh gosh I don't know how they perceive me! D: Um … they tell me that I'm really sweet and adorable a lot. Oh, they think I'm really innocent which is true when it comes to *ahem* certain topics but I can get really dark sometimes. Some of my friends also think I'm optimistic and insanely happy, which is pretty untrue. I tend to expect the worst in situations, and I act happy because I don't want people to worry about me even if I'm extremely depressed. I think that their view of my optimism mostly stems from the fact that I hate it when people are being judgmental and negative about others and so I compensate by being nice about that person. Most of them would never say that I'm grumpy or mean.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Ooh, I would totally try out making duct tape art, and I would play music and compose music and work on my novel and try baking something fancy and read and read and read some more.

If you read this whole thing then I congratulate you on your above average attention span. -_-

Jellyfish1234

To be honest whatever type you end up as I'm probably just going to jump along with too, because from reading that you seem very similar to me haha, apart from your longing for deep connections with others and creative expression, speaking as you think (though I do that sometimes), the research you do into new hobbies, thinking best when in bed and the fact you seem to like baking. Anyway, given our similarities (at least, in my opinion), I think it's safe to say you're IXFJ at least. Sorry I can't be of much further help, I don't really know why I even responded to this because I'm sure there'll be others who are much more capable of typing someone than I am, but I think I'll just post this anyway. Good luck!

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest whatever type you end up as I'm probably just going to jump along with too, because from reading that you seem very similar to me haha, apart from your longing for deep connections with others and creative expression, speaking as you think (though I do that sometimes), the research you do into new hobbies, thinking best when in bed and the fact you seem to like baking. Anyway, given our similarities (at least, in my opinion), I think it's safe to say you're IXFJ at least. Sorry I can't be of much further help, I don't really know why I even responded to this because I'm sure there'll be others who are much more capable of typing someone than I am, but I think I'll just post this anyway. Good luck!

Thanks! And I definitely appreciate your input! And hey, insights from the less experienced are often just as valuable as ideas generated from experts because the former often possesses less bias and a fresher view of things!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound extremely INFJ
Everything I read in your description fits with everything I know about INFJs.
Most of my life Ive identified as INFJ and so I know quite a bit about the descriptions, but I'm not as certain for myself. You really describe Fe that fits with being a Ni-dom which is different from other forms of Fe in my understanding.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On re-reading, the only other type that strikes me is ENFJ or XNFJ
you may be more extroverted than some straight up INFJs. There is a lot of Fe and Ni in my perception of your writing.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound extremely INFJ
Everything I read in your description fits with everything I know about INFJs.
Most of my life Ive identified as INFJ and so I know quite a bit about the descriptions, but I'm not as certain for myself. You really describe Fe that fits with being a Ni-dom which is different from other forms of Fe in my understanding.

Oh okay that makes sense. I thought I was an INFJ but wasn't sure, especially since they're so rare and everybody be like "almost everyone who says they're an INFJ is lying!!!" -_-
Out of curiosity, how does the Fe with a Ni-dom differ from the Fe found in other types?

On re-reading, the only other type that strikes me is ENFJ or XNFJ
you may be more extroverted than some straight up INFJs. There is a lot of Fe and Ni in my perception of your writing.

I'm pretty sure I'm an introvert. I love people but they exhaust me. Like, I get together with my best friend once every month and a half. xD Thanks so much for responding! :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh okay that makes sense. I thought I was an INFJ but wasn't sure, especially since they're so rare and everybody be like "almost everyone who says they're an INFJ is lying!!!" -_-
Out of curiosity, how does the Fe with a Ni-dom differ from the Fe found in other types?

I'm pretty sure I'm an introvert. I love people but they exhaust me. Like, I get together with my best friend once every month and a half. xD Thanks so much for responding! :)
My impression was INFJ but wanted to give an alternative as well. For choosing types I personally am slow to contradict anyone on their choice because I care a lot about people having the right to define themselves and not have other people tell them who they are. I'll admit I've read descriptions by people identifying as INFJ that sound more like ISFJ, and I won't say anything - in part because I could be wrong since I only have a little info to work with. There are a number of well known media personalities that identify as INFJ that also do not strike me as the type at all. They tend to feel highly social and concrete when they only talk about social ideas and never once express abstractions or metaphors, but social categorical definitions. They are also completely comprehensible never saying anything that that sounds like Ni to me. There may be some fundamentally different subcategories- who knows. Yours is one of the few I've read online in the past 15 years that struck me as Wow, that's exactly it. I've found the category of INFJ to be progressively distorted and inconsistent over the years so it was refreshing in a way to read your post.

I don't know the answer to the Fe question with Ni, but I do know that Ni may be the hardest function to communicate and Fe the most easily communicated between people, so those two functions are extremely dichotomous.

My my main stumbling block for identifying as INFJ right now is that I find Fe unrelatable. I'm much worse than average in leading groups of people because they disorient me, and social convention is really hard for me. I remember when younger having the ideal to like everyone as you do, so that may be Fe. I chose to do it and tied myself into a pretzel to maintain it. Now I don't like everyone and it has been a relief. I think your writing shows both Ni and Fe with equal clarity, so that made it especially interesting for me.

Some reasons you have very little Si include your aversion to paperwork, spacing out on details like the expression shot, talking about possible alien influences on religions, and even the duct tape art is too non-traditional to be a likely expression of Si. I work with a lot of classical musicians who are strong in Si and so am familiar with how it often looks in creative expressive contexts.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=30445]thepink-cloakedninja[/MENTION]
Out if curiosity - how would you describe your imagination?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My impression was INFJ but wanted to give an alternative as well. For choosing types I personally am slow to contradict anyone on their choice because I care a lot about people having the right to define themselves and not have other people tell them who they are. I'll admit I've read descriptions by people identifying as INFJ that sound more like ISFJ, and I won't say anything - in part because I could be wrong since I only have a little info to work with. There are a number of well known media personalities that identify as INFJ that also do not strike me as the type at all. They tend to feel highly social and concrete when they only talk about social ideas and never once express abstractions or metaphors, but social categorical definitions. They are also completely comprehensible never saying anything that that sounds like Ni to me. There may be some fundamentally different subcategories- who knows. Yours is one of the few I've read online in the past 15 years that struck me as Wow, that's exactly it. I've found the category of INFJ to be progressively distorted and inconsistent over the years so it was refreshing in a way to read your post.

I don't know the answer to the Fe question with Ni, but I do know that Ni may be the hardest function to communicate and Fe the most easily communicated between people, so those two functions are extremely dichotomous.

My my main stumbling block for identifying as INFJ right now is that I find Fe unrelatable. I'm much worse than average in leading groups of people because they disorient me, and social convention is really hard for me. I remember when younger having the ideal to like everyone as you do, so that may be Fe. I chose to do it and tied myself into a pretzel to maintain it. Now I don't like everyone and it has been a relief. I think your writing shows both Ni and Fe with equal clarity, so that made it especially interesting for me.

Some reasons you have very little Si include your aversion to paperwork, spacing out on details like the expression shot, talking about possible alien influences on religions, and even the duct tape art is too non-traditional to be a likely expression of Si. I work with a lot of classical musicians who are strong in Si and so am familiar with how it often looks in creative expressive contexts.

That makes sense and I would definitely hate to hurt anyone's feelings if they strongly identified with a false type, as well! Though don't worry about that for me ... I think that all people are beautiful, and that every type has the potential for greatness so MBTI is more of an "ooh this is interesting" than a "this defines me" type of thing. I wish I was sensor sometimes because then maybe I wouldn't feel so alien. xD Oh yeah, that makes sense. Haha I've definitely noticed that too!

Oh yeah, it's rough being a leader! I get that. I hate leadership positions. xD Oh yeah, I can definitely see how that would happen. I'm not sure if I exactly /like/ everyone, but I understand them, and to paraphrase Ender Wiggin from Ender's Game it's hard not to love someone in a way once you understand them. Hey, so maybe them 'ol cognitive functions tests are accurate after all as Ni and Fe are usually tied!

Ah okay. Ooh, that sounds like a cool job! :) Thanks so much for helping me out with my type! I really appreciate it! Would you like any assistance with your Fe trouble shooting? I'm far from advanced in MBTI but I'd be happy to lend an outside perspective!

As for imagination ... Well I think I have a really good imagination, especially when it comes to thinking up scenarios that will never happen. xD I would say that my subconscious and conscious minds have a stronger-than-normal connection with each other, which manifest in really original, abstract ideas that can be cool, weird, or just plain creepy. I feel like I always have ideas brewing in the back of my mind, just waiting for something to jar them into reality. When I imagine scenes for like, books and stuff, though, my scenes are never particularly detailed or vivid though ... it's more of an impression that I can enjoy as long as I'm not focusing too much on any specific object inside the scene, but if I try to hone in on how one of my characters looks like, it goes blurry.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just popping in to say that everything you've said, I resonate with, but I can never, ever get down even when I'm trying to talk about how I think and feel and stuff.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just popping in to say that everything you've said, I resonate with, but I can never, ever get down even when I'm trying to talk about how I think and feel and stuff.

I can't talk about it, either. This is the kind of thing I have to spend hours ruminating over, or I randomly realize it while I'm in the middle of doing something else. Plus, I don't trust most people enough to share my deeper layers with them.

Anyways, I'm glad you relate to it. Perhaps it will help confirm your own type, ja?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't talk about it, either. This is the kind of thing I have to spend hours ruminating over, or I randomly realize it while I'm in the middle of doing something else. Plus, I don't trust most people enough to share my deeper layers with them.

Anyways, I'm glad you relate to it. Perhaps it will help confirm your own type, ja?

This is literally me, yeah. I realize shit while I'm doing something else, but not when I'm trying to actually talk about it.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That one time I ran into a burning building and rescued ten golden retriever puppies....

Did you get to keep one?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is literally me, yeah. I realize shit while I'm doing something else, but not when I'm trying to actually talk about it.

Hmm, perhaps you think of it, and then it stews in the back of your mind until it's all good and ready and then pops up randomly? I imagine that's how my brain works. :D

Did you get to keep one?

Alas, I am unequipped to take care of animal. :cry:

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm, perhaps you think of it, and then it stews in the back of your mind until it's all good and ready and then pops up randomly? I imagine that's how my brain works.

Eh, I guess so. Things always pop up at the most inopportune time for me.