• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying this again! XD

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I got some really great feedback on the last thread I posted for my MBTI type. At that point, I was trying to determine if I was an ENFP or INFP, and have since determined I'm probably not any type of intuitive. I'm certain that my enneatype is 4 (unsure of a 3 or 5 wing, though). So, if you'd like, have at it! And thank you, if you do, you're an angel. (Note: I also had a friend suggest that I do this because my previous one was kind of complicated, and I figured, "Eh, why not?")

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Currently, I'm in between jobs, so I'm a little bummed over that. I also have General Anxiety Disorder. Also, I'm a 27 yr old female, and I'm open to any suggestions of my type.​

1. Click on this link:*Flickr: Explore!*Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
It's a photo of a forest with the sun shining through it. It reminds me of fairytales, and where I grew up. Also, it feels like a scene from Lord of the Rings.​

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts: Crap, we're gonna miss the concert! Or we're gonna be late! My outward reactions: Offering to call a cab to get us to the concert and/or a tow truck to take the car to get fixed.​

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Honestly, at this point, I'm probably so exhausted from the concert itself that I really don't want to go to the after party. If I can't convince them to not go to the afterparty, I'll probably just figure out a way to get myself home without them.​

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Honestly, internally I might think that I don't agree with them, and I might say that I don't agree with them outwardly. Beyond that though, I probably won't utter a word. I'm not a big fan of debates, or conflict.​

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Again, probably nothing. Unless it was one person hurting another, then I'd step in and try to stop it.​

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Probably, one of my biggest, would be tied to the quote "To thine own self be true." I spent a lot of time when I was younger trying to fit in to different groups of friends, and wanting to be popular. Eventually, I got to a point with anxiety and depression that I didn't care about, well, anything. But now that I'm significantly better, I don't care all that much about what other people think (outside of my usual anxiety). I just want to be happy, and that means being true to myself. I could probably do better at it, because my anxiety still makes me worried about how I'm viewed by other people (like how friends see me since I don't have a job right now). Another value would be to be good to people. I've worked in retail since 2007, and honestly, how hard is it to be polite? You're being rude to someone over a material object, that's not necessary.​

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I've had a friend tell me that I come across as very confident in who I am. Very "what you see is what you get". And I agree with that, because I don't want to be friends with people who don't like me for who I really am. I don't want to have to pretend, and I won't.
b) Probably my basic insecurities? Like my views of what successful is. I'm 27 and I still live at home because of money, so that makes me very insecure because I feel like I should have moved out a long time ago. And no matter how often my parents tell me that they don't want me to move out, it's still something that I feel insecure about. So I'd like to just not have those insecurities, and to not constantly be worrying about my future. Because I worry about that, ALL THE TIME. I'm getting better with it though.​

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I trust them, and usually follow through with them after I've talked to someone else about it. I like to get a second input on what my gut is saying, just because I'm kind of always worried that it's just me or my anxiety being silly. Um, I'd say they're usually triggered by people and my environment. Like walking into a room and feeling something is 'off', or meeting someone and just getting a 'bad vibe' from them.​

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Being outside, in nature. Going for hikes, or going to the beach, or being around animals. Spending time with a small group of friends, that can take a while for me to wind down from.
b) Anything with big crowds, or large groups, or a lot of activity going on around me. Malls during the holiday season exhaust me and stress me out. I can handle a concert if I really like who I'm seeing, but I have to be able to shut after (even if it's a book and headphones) or I get cranky.​

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I can be pretty self-conscious about how excitable I am, and I've been told that I'm intense when I'm excited. So, unless I'm very close to you, I generally repress that. I think it's because when I was growing up I had a lot of friends tell me to calm down or be quiet, and this is ranging from elementary school into college. So yeah, if I'm not close to you, you don't get to see that part of me because I've had so many people tell me to stop being that way.​

If you've gotten this far, you're a true hero. Thank you. :yay:

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mentioned being really excitable as a child and being told to calm down a lot. Can you describe more about what you were like growing up, in the times that you didn't feel you had to calm down? What were you like in school as a child? What were your favorite activities/things to do? Did your family seem to cultivate these behaviors or stifle them?
Thanks for answering some more!

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
You mentioned being really excitable as a child and being told to calm down a lot. Can you describe more about what you were like growing up, in the times that you didn't feel you had to calm down?

Generally, I just got very loud when talking about the things that interested me. Like tv shows, books, characters, music. I just talked a lot, my nickname was Motormouth.

What were you like in school as a child?

Again, I talked a lot, but I loved school and did really well until my depression got bad and I stopped caring. I wasn't involved in a lot of extracurriculars, though. I'm not a fan of team sports, but was in drama club (which was basically playing pretend), choir, and I used to figure skate.

What were your favorite activities/things to do?

Kind of what I listed above. I loved figure skating, singing and drama club. I was in girl scouts and loved when we got to camping overnight. I also really loved to read (and still do) and, in high school, always had a book with me.

Did your family seem to cultivate these behaviors or stifle them?

My family always encouraged me to play outside, and never told me to be quiet or to stop talking. So, I guess they cultivated them. It was mostly friends that probably stifled them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I trust them [hunches], and usually follow through with them after I've talked to someone else about it. I like to get a second input on what my gut is saying, just because I'm kind of always worried that it's just me or my anxiety being silly. Um, I'd say they're usually triggered by people and my environment. Like walking into a room and feeling something is 'off', or meeting someone and just getting a 'bad vibe' from them."

And you think you're not an intuitive? Sounds Ni to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read the entire OP. I can't make very much out of most of it, but this stands out for me:
"What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Being outside, in nature. Going for hikes, or going to the beach, or being around animals. Spending time with a small group of friends, that can take a while for me to wind down from.
b) Anything with big crowds, or large groups, or a lot of activity going on around me. Malls during the holiday season exhaust me and stress me out. I can handle a concert if I really like who I'm seeing, but I have to be able to shut after (even if it's a book and headphones) or I get cranky."

Sounds ISFP, and with the little Ni you have showing in your answers, Ni would be your tertiary type.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
"I trust them [hunches], and usually follow through with them after I've talked to someone else about it. I like to get a second input on what my gut is saying, just because I'm kind of always worried that it's just me or my anxiety being silly. Um, I'd say they're usually triggered by people and my environment. Like walking into a room and feeling something is 'off', or meeting someone and just getting a 'bad vibe' from them."

And you think you're not an intuitive? Sounds Ni to me.

Maybe I could have worded that answer better. I almost always get a second opinion when I have a "hunch", because I trust them to an extent but I worry that it's just me being silly. In fact, there will be moments when I get a so-called "hunch" and I have no one to bounce it off of to make sure I'm not silly, and in this situation I pretty much always rationalize it away. Doing so generally comes back to bite me in the butt later.

I think my issue, with Ni at least, is that I'm not someone who can think far into the future (specifically my future) without getting exhausted/stressed. I can plan for the immediate future, like what to wear tomorrow (but I always change my mind in the morning because I don't feel like wearing what I picked out) or what to fix for dinner on Friday. But digging in and planning for something like my career :whacko:, sooooo stressed because that's so much time wasted!!! I'll pick the fastest route to my goal any day (something that also bites me in the butt later).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe I could have worded that answer better. I almost always get a second opinion when I have a "hunch", because I trust them to an extent but I worry that it's just me being silly. In fact, there will be moments when I get a so-called "hunch" and I have no one to bounce it off of to make sure I'm not silly, and in this situation I pretty much always rationalize it away. Doing so generally comes back to bite me in the butt later.

I think my issue, with Ni at least, is that I'm not someone who can think far into the future (specifically my future) without getting exhausted/stressed. I can plan for the immediate future, like what to wear tomorrow (but I always change my mind in the morning because I don't feel like wearing what I picked out) or what to fix for dinner on Friday. But digging in and planning for something like my career :whacko:, sooooo stressed because that's so much time wasted!!! I'll pick the fastest route to my goal any day (something that also bites me in the butt later).

I've read the entire OP. I can't make very much out of most of it, but this stands out for me:
b) Anything with big crowds, or large groups, or a lot of activity going on around me. Malls during the holiday season exhaust me and stress me out. I can handle a concert if I really like who I'm seeing, but I have to be able to shut after (even if it's a book and headphones) or I get cranky."

Sounds ISFP, and with the little Ni you have showing in your answers, Ni would be your tertiary type.

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Found this on mbti-notes, in regard to inf-Te:

Te may also inspire ISFPs to “follow the rules” and “be responsible.” ISFPs who regularly indulge their Te may be so bent on being pious or responsible that they fail to spend time sufficient time exploring and experiencing life (Se). And because responsibility is culturally endorsed as a positive virtue, they may fail to realize that being obsessed with it is actually quite unhealthy for them, forfeiting their openness to new experiences and potentially some degree of compassion (Fi). In the grip of Te, ISFPs can become rigid, particular, and dogmatic, appearing more like ESTJs than ISFPs.

ISFPs feel they have little control over the outside world. Like other IPs, ISFPs they are known for their lack of assertiveness and conflict avoidance. This is partly due to their Fi’s desire to avoid hurting others’ feelings. It also relates to the fact that being “assertive” involves extraverted Judging, which for ISFPs, is in the inferior position (Te). So when it comes to expressing their judgments, they often avoid doing so directly. Instead, they may simply swallow the judgment and try to deal with its attendant feelings by way of their Fi. Or, they may address the issue more obliquely through action (Se). Like other P-types, ISFPs can be disposed to expressing their grievances through passive-aggressive behavior.

For ISFPs, personal growth requires regular employment of their dominant Fi and auxiliary Se. It involves avoiding obsessing over Te responsibilities and, instead, building a life based on care and empathy (Fi), as well as a breadth of activities (Se). Those who do so successfully are more open, flexible, and balanced, capable of avoiding the traps and pitfalls of the inferior function.

It sounds to me like you are an ISFP whose Te has gotten out of control, causing you to feel pressure to conform to external systems and possibly feeling inadequate for not easily fitting into those norms.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP

Whoops, I must've missed this last night! That's what I get for staying up too late. Thank you!

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Found this on mbti-notes, in regard to inf-Te:

"Te may also inspire ISFPs to “follow the rules” and “be responsible.” ISFPs who regularly indulge their Te may be so bent on being pious or responsible that they fail to spend time sufficient time exploring and experiencing life (Se). And because responsibility is culturally endorsed as a positive virtue, they may fail to realize that being obsessed with it is actually quite unhealthy for them, forfeiting their openness to new experiences and potentially some degree of compassion (Fi). In the grip of Te, ISFPs can become rigid, particular, and dogmatic, appearing more like ESTJs than ISFPs.

ISFPs feel they have little control over the outside world. Like other IPs, ISFPs they are known for their lack of assertiveness and conflict avoidance. This is partly due to their Fi’s desire to avoid hurting others’ feelings. It also relates to the fact that being “assertive” involves extraverted Judging, which for ISFPs, is in the inferior position (Te). So when it comes to expressing their judgments, they often avoid doing so directly. Instead, they may simply swallow the judgment and try to deal with its attendant feelings by way of their Fi. Or, they may address the issue more obliquely through action (Se). Like other P-types, ISFPs can be disposed to expressing their grievances through passive-aggressive behavior.

For ISFPs, personal growth requires regular employment of their dominant Fi and auxiliary Se. It involves avoiding obsessing over Te responsibilities and, instead, building a life based on care and empathy (Fi), as well as a breadth of activities (Se). Those who do so successfully are more open, flexible, and balanced, capable of avoiding the traps and pitfalls of the inferior function."​

It sounds to me like you are an ISFP whose Te has gotten out of control, causing you to feel pressure to conform to external systems and possibly feeling inadequate for not easily fitting into those norms.

.....I can definitely relate. :shocking:

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Adding another questionnaire to this, mostly because I'm bored (and procrastinating).

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?
I would feel every torn, and heartbroken. There'd be a lot of crying by myself, and thinking about how to handle this situation best. I'd want to respect their wishes, because I understand them not wanting to see me. Probably because they don't want me to remember them this way should they pass, or they don't want to burden me. Eventually, I'd come to the decision to go see them, and talk to them. Tell them that want to be there for them because I love them. If they still tried to push me away, I'd probably honor their wishes, but I'd keep in touch with their family so I was still in the loop.​
- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
Being there for them, and their family. Putting on a strong front, so they don't worry about how I'm handling things.​

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?
If there was 100% no way the professor would find out, then my answer would be to help. I probably would wish they had asked earlier in the year for help, but I guess some people have a hard time admitting when they need it. I wouldn't just give them answers, but as far as tutoring and trying to break the material down in a way they can comprehend is something I would want to do. And I would hope that they'd do the same for me in return. As for the reason why, if it's obvious that they've really been trying, then helping them wouldn't hurt. If they weren't even trying earlier and that was the reason they were behind, then I'd be less inclined to help.​
- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
Understanding, I guess. I'd want someone to do the same for me if I went to them for help with a class I was struggling with.​
- Describe the flow of your decision making process.
Like, in deciding to help them? I think I kind of did that. It would start with whether I would get in trouble for it, or not. If not, then I'd try to figuring out the reason why they're struggling. Is it because they weren't paying attention and didn't bother, or were they trying really hard and just not grasping it? If it was because they weren't really bothering and just didn't know the material, then I'd make an excuse for not helping (like, the potential to get into trouble). If it was because they were trying and just couldn't grasp it, I'd then want to know specifically what they were having difficulty with so I could figure out how to break it down or put it into a concept or words they could understand.​

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?
Project 1 would be my first choice. The way Project 2 is described just makes me feel stressed out while thinking about it. When it comes to analysis and narrow focus, I tend to get frustrated, since they aren't my strong suit. In a group project, what you're doing will probably be delegated on what you excel at, so I'd get to focus on something that would interest me a little bit more. Also, in a group project, responsibility is split up, so if something were to go wrong, that would be lest responsibility and weight on my shoulders. We'd share the blame.​
- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?
Definitely the narrow focus and analysis that was required of Project 2, and the fact that I'd have to do it alone and rely on myself for something I'm not confident in doing. The fact that the blame/responsibility of Project 1 would be shared with others, so something going wrong wouldn't be such a heavy weight.​

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
I'd think about whether these ideas are practical, and if they are, can they be combined so everyone gets to play with their ideas and contribute.​
- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.
If the ideas aren't practical, it would be a waste of time for us to try and follow through with them. As far as everyone getting to contribute and use all of their ideas, I just think it's nice for everyone to get to be involved (especially if they're passionate), and feel like they're contributing to the project.​

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?
I'd sleep in, first of all. I love sleep. I'd probably spend the day alone; reading, cuddling with my cat, watching movies. If it's raining I'd probably sit on the porch while I read because I love the rain. I might go for a walk or a hike. Just depends on how long I spend doing the other things.​
- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
Listening to music, reading, watching movies, being out in nature.​

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor
- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?
Musician, because I love music and have always had an affinity for it (give me a few hours and I can roughly figure out how to play anything). Artist, just seems like an aesthetically pleasing job. Psychologist, because I enjoy understanding why people do the things they do and act the way they act.​
- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?
Not at all, the three that I chose are already things that I feel an interest in or are passionate about.​
- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
I'd probably choose Psychologist over the other two, simply because I wouldn't worry so much about how others viewed me. As far as an artist or musician goes, a lot of my occupation would play into how I was viewed by a lot of people and whether they thought I was "talented" or not. Those two are things I'd rather do for fun.​

(I think there was a 7th Scenario, but it had a photo attached and I couldn't view it. So we're skipping that.)

I was bored, and thought I'd add to this thread to clear up any uncertainty or to give more insight. Thank you again!

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
So, I'm probably just going to continue adding to this thread out of sheer boredom. And I like doing questionnaires, so yeah. At this point, I don't expect anyone to try and type me. But if you read, thanks, you're a peach!

----------

I. What do you generally focus on? (Duties aside)

Probably how I'm feeling, in any given situation or environment. In fact, I'm always aware of how I feel, even if I don't give what I'm feeling a voice. And probably just as equally, what's going on around me (which is why highly populated areas exhausted/stress me, I'm always on alert when I'm not home).​

II. When looking at a painting, or any type of styled object, what demands your attention the most?
The overall aesthetic appeal, and whether or not it appeals to me. Ummm, when I say aesthetic appeal.....I mean, the colors and look of it, but also how it makes me feel. If it doesn't appeal to me, I won't spend much time on it at all.​

III. What quality do you dislike about some people that is something to be desired in yourself?
I don't really get this question, because why would I desire a trait that I dislike in others? Seriously, I think of traits I dislike in others and....none of them appeal to me. Well, maybe I wish I cared a little less about other people but, eh.​

IV. What quality in you do people find annoying?
I have an attitude problem, for sure. And I know my dad thinks it's annoying that I care about other people (in his words, too much). My mom would probably say my laziness, and again, my dad thinks I spend too much time in my room. I don't know. I've never had a lot of people tell me what's annoying about me. Wait, not true. When I was younger I was told to calm down a lot and be quiet. So I guess that, even though that's a part of myself I generally repress now.​

V. Describe your general decision making process.
This is what needs to be done, this is how I feel about it (if it's something I don't like, I don't do it.), and these are the possible consequences (also something that will prevent me from doing something).​

VI. What stresses you most?

The news, for sure. Big crowds, like being at the mall during the holidays. Having to socialize with large groups of people, especially if I don't know anyone. Being late, for anything. The future.
gKMjK.gif

VII. How do you gauge the value or worth of something?
What it means to me, I have a lot of sentimental things I've kept (jewelry, books, stuffed animals). How useful it is too me. Whether or not I find it aesthetically pleasing.​

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Feel free to ignore, I'm just bored.

Just filling out a questionnaire to battle boredom. And considering I'm fairly certain of my type, I didn't want to make a new thread. Feel free to speak up if something stands out to you. Or you can just ignore this.

(Using the questions for the video questionnaire.)

1-what makes you angry?
A number of things. People telling me what to do, or that I can't do something. People telling me how I feel, or what I should feel, or how I should behave (ex: telling me to smile when I'm not smiling). People who are inconsiderate of others' feelings, that are single minded in that they only consider how they feel and brush aside the feelings of others. People that are cruel to those less fortunate or less able than them (animals, special needs, children, vets, elders). People that lie and manipulate and take advantage of others. If I'm really stressed out, people that take too long to do something I know I can do twice as fast and better than them.​
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
They ask for advice and then do the opposite of what you suggest. Why bother asking? The bystander effect, they assume that since they weren't the only ones that saw something happen, they don't have to speak up because surely someone else would. No one does because they all think the same thing. Basically all of the things listed in what makes me angry. For the likes section; sometimes people come together and help one another and put aside their differences (that shouldn't matter in the first place).​
3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals. They're easy to read, and predictable. It's all about body language.​
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
My mom is one of the kindest people I know, and my dad is the toughest. They're both equally strong, but my mom I think wins out in that just because of what she went through growing up, and she's still so kind. I have some awesome friends that don't judge me, no matter how excitable I get over fictional characters.​
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I like that I don't pretend to be something I'm not, that I'd do anything for the people I love, and that I never give up no matter how much things suck. I hate that I don't have a lot of faith in myself, and I have a hard time believing in myself.​
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Yes, and no. I love fashion because of the artistic aspect, and that it's a way to express yourself and show who you are. But at the same time, I don't care enough to make sure I look perfect all the time. It's for fun.​
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
I honestly don't care. I don't necessarily enjoy being the center of attention, but I'll do it if I have to.​
8-what activities do you enjoy?
Reading, watching movies and tv, listening to/playing music, playing with my dog and cat, spending time with close friends, going on hikes or going to the beach.​
9-what makes you feel secure?
Not having to worry about money. As long as I have a steady job that pays decently, I'm pretty content.​
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
It's been so long since I've actually been in one. What I like most about being in a relationship is having support, and understanding. Having someone who will do things with you simply because you enjoy them, and you'll do the same for them. What I don't like about relationships...probably just when my own insecurities come in to play. Not being enough of something, or being too much of something.​
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
Everything that I can think of loving, are things that are....calm, and relaxing, but still exciting. Like going to museums, or art galleries, or hiking, or the beach. Things like amusement parks, and malls during the holidays have too much going on at once and often overwhelm me.​
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
The future, and who I want to be. I've been working on not doing that so much, because it tends to just stress me out and offers nothing good. I've started to just let myself think like, a year into the future.​
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I've changed a lot. I dealt with depression for a very long time, and within the last couple of years we figured out it was a side-effect of another medication I was taking. Now that I no longer take it, I'm much better. In fact, I'd say I don't have depression at all. I'm also a lot more hopeful for my future, even if it does stress me out.​

Aaaaaand, that's it. I'm still bored.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
This happened 😫 How is this my life?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
It's been a while since I've been here, due to a lot of things. Mostly being busy, but also some serious life changes. Said changes has led to me second guessing my enneagram type (I've always thought I was a 4, but things have changed, I'll get into it in the questionnaire). So, though this thread originally started as me second guessing my MBTI - I'm pretty much 100% sure I'm ISFP - I couldn't be bothered to make a new thread to answer an Enneagram questionnaire. So here goes! Feel free to chime in! :D

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
A few months ago, I walked away from a very unhealthy (toxic, manipulative, and codependent) friendship. One that had lasted about 13 years. Since then I've noticed a lot of changes within myself. Just generally feeling better and healthier and happier than I've been since, like, childhood. I've already done numerous tests, and a lot of reading. I'm planning on reading more too, since I've ordered a couple of books from the library. In the past, I regularly got the result of 4 (and said friend even continuously agreed, so much so that if I questioned it, she'd adamantly insist I was in fact a 4 and couldn't be anything else). Randomly, the other week I decided to test again out of boredom and got the result of 7. Which I've never, ever gotten before. EVER. So I read up on it, and while I still related to 4, I realized I've greatly noticed how much I have in common with the 7 description now that I'm out of this toxic friendship. That was long winded, sorry.​

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
I'm usually doing something. If I'm not doing something, I'm overthinking. So I do something. Even if it's clean/organize. Or journal. Or read. Or watch tv/movies. I generally like to keep myself occupied anymore. I definitely DID NOT used to be like this. I used to wallow, a lot. In everything.​

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?

I overthink everything, and I can spend a lot of time in my head. Hence the journaling, it helps me get it out without it consuming me. I daydream pretty often, especially about things I want to do, like traveling. Would that be more like planning than daydreaming? Either way, I like to think about the things I want to do, even if I don't always get to do them. I definitely worry a little too much about what others think of me, but I feel like everyone does that. And I try to be considerate of others, and what they're going through. Also, very easily anxious/nervous, but I do have anxiety. :shrug:
b. What have others said about you?
The good? That I'm kind, considerate, and sweet. I've also had my intelligence compared to Hermione. The bad? Bossy, more than anything. Sometimes bitchy, but that's usually when I'm hangry.​
c. What do you think of yourself?
I think that I'm human, and that any faults that I have aren't permanent. It's human nature to grow and change. I think that it's important to try to be the best version of yourself, not for others, but for you. Point is, I accept my faults and my strengths, and if I don't like anything about myself enough, I can change it.​

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
Funnily enough, I've started to realize that I reoccuring theme in my life seems to be dealing with relationships with manipulative/toxic people. I've had some not so great boyfriends (and best friends). All of which I've had to realize with all of them that I needed to stop putting my worth in what I could give other people. Another theme seems to be control, or rather that I need to learn that I can't control anything but myself and my actions. Everything else just is what it is, and I have to let that be. And by control, I don't mean making others do what I want. I just get a good bit of stress when people don't do the things or react to things like I would.​

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?

Being irresponsible is just not in my nature. By irresponsible, I mean that I'm incapable of doing things that I know will cause physical harm to myself or others. Like unsafe sex, and hard drugs. I'm also really hard on myself for not being more extroverted for some reason, like it makes me mad that I don't enjoy being around people more.​
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
As said above, being more extroverted. Being less anxious, in general, would also be nice.​

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I can't think of being left by any friends, unless boyfriends that cheat count. In which case, I don't know. I never bothered to ask why. For me, though, I generally leave when I feel a sense of betrayal that we can't come back from. This recent friendship ended because of a cruel reaction they had to me not doing what they wanted because I was sick. And through that I had a lot of conversations with other friends, and family, about the nature of this friendship. Turns out, they were all very uncomfortable with said friendship, and I was eventually able to see the manipulative nature of this friend. I literally couldn't say no to someone without feeling sick to my stomach because how often this friend reacted badly to me saying no. Not fun.​

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?

I identify with 4 due to it's creative nature, and the ability to look deeply into one's self and emotions. Or well, I used to relate to the latter. But is wallowing really being able to look deeply? Probably not. Because anymore (and even as a child) I tend to preoccupy myself when I start to feel bad. Or I distract myself with other thoughts, which I believe is a 7 thing. As for the other types, I can relate to 1's nitpicking, 2's compassion, 3's love for aesthetics, 5's search for knowledge and detachment from others, 6's planning for every possible outcome, 8's tell it like it is attitude, and 9's dislike for conflict and confrontation.​
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
What I don't relate with? 1's self-criticizing and desire to be perfect, I'm human and therefore inherently flawed, perfection is a lie. 2's manipulative nature, I would never treat others the way I've been treated in the past. 3's desire to be the center of attention, while I can manage if I have to, I hate every minute of the spotlight. 4's desire to be special....I don't really care, I am who I am. 5's emotional detachment, I feel too much to ever fit that part of a 5. 6's fear of absolutely everything, I have anxiety but there's still a lot of stuff that it just.....is what it is? 7's outgoing nature, I love to do new things and go to new places and explore but I do it alone fairly often....also their indulgent nature, I might shop a little more than I should, but the more dangerous vices are not my thing. 8's aggressiveness, I can be bossy but if it ever came to a physical fight, I'd probably bail. 9's passiveness, while I dislike conflict and confrontation, I'm a little to "tell it like it is" to be a 9, I think.​

7. Which types are least like you?
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?

Probably 8 or 9, and maybe 1.​
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
I pretty much answered both of these questions in the prior one.​

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
One, that it will happen when it happens. I fully believe that there are some things in life that don't come your way until you're ready for it and the lesson it will teach you. Two, that there are many forms of love. Romantic love is not the end all and be all of love. You will find people who love you everywhere. Be it your friends, family, or pets.​

9. What is the message your superego tells you? Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
I think I touched on this a little bit earlier. I'm pretty hard on myself for not being more extroverted, and for not enjoying spending more time around people. I always feel really awful after being around people for a while because it's gets really obvious when I need to get away from them. I get either quiet and closed off, or snippy and cranky. Joan (my inner critic) often tells me to suck it up. I also feel really bad when I say no to people I care about, like if they want to do something I really don't want to do, saying no is very hard. But I'm working on that.​

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)
Lmao. :rofl1: How many times am I going to say being more extroverted and out-going. Maybe I'm projecting this desire and just wishing I were a 7. :doh:

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.
7- to be "okay", having it together
8- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
3- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
4- to be knowlegeable
6- to be powerful, strong, unassailable.
5- to be accomplished and successful
9- to strive to become/behave like a good person
2- to be a loveable person
1- to be loving and benevolent​

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?
I mean, generally how I perceive events is pretty dramatic some of the times. Lots of things are inconvenient when they happen, especially if they're things I don't like. And they stress me out. If I go about this with how my parents treated me as a child, it's a little weird. I have an older sister who, at that age, was like a second guardian to me. And I definitely felt like I was abandoned by her. I was 7 when she got married and moved out, and while she babysat me a lot, she also babysat her niece, who got all of the attention. I was ignored and left alone a lot. My parents.....I guess ignored me a bit too? Well, my dad drank back then, so he was rarely around. But my mom didn't ignore me at all, we were super tight, and still are. She's my best friend, and she was back then too. We spent every friday night going out to dinner together and spending time with each other. .....I'm really not getting this question, to be honest.​

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:
Ah, I see. It's probably just easier to say which I relate to most:
- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and undeserving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectable

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.
Making myself vulnerable and then being taken advantage of. Of being stuck somewhere and being unhappy. I definitely consider myself as a bit commitment phobic, also scared of intimacy (emotional intimacy that is).​

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:
- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious: Yeah, I have a hard time voicing my needs. Makes me kind of nauseous.
- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved: Rejection isn't something that bothers me too much anymore, as I've gotten older. Either you like me or you don't.
- Weak and not being on top of things: Eh, not a fear.
- Failure: Also not a fear, failing at something isn't the end of the world.
- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost: Probably tied to my having a hard time voicing my needs? I don't fear being lost, or sad. But I do fear abandonment.
- Entanglements and losing what I have: A little bit? Maybe? I'm learning to let go of attachments though, I think that's important.
- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough: Not a fear. I am who I am.
- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan: I don't get bored?
- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.: Even as someone with anxiety, I don't relate. At all.​

Okay! So, I don't fully expect anyone to read this or give their insight. I mostly filled this out to clear my head and sort out my thoughts. If you got this far and are wondering what those are, good question! Because I have no idea. Just as lost as ever. Lmao.

Thank you!