• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

5 Q's answered, what's my type? INFP, INFJ? Something else?

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you guys mind if I answer only a few of these? or in parts? I'm not well so it's hard for me to do much in one go. Thanks!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Well, I think I must be very intuitive, I usually get INFP and I am pretty much a perceiver I guess, but my intuition has always been the highlight of my personality and my sensing is really low. I think it's more likely I could be a perceiving dominant, but I could be wrong. I recently did a video on here and someone typed me as ISFJ but I don't really agree with that. Perhaps that's how I appeared externally, and maybe there's a huge influence of my mother on me who is my closest friend and also she typed as an ISFJ on one of the free tests. But I think I'm definitely intuitive because I'm always trying to figure out reality, and have bizarre and eclectic views on things that most would scratch their heads at. I'm talking spiritually (and no it's not about higher consciousness - it's weirder than that, I've been round the bend and down the rabbit hole a few times now)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Well I want to help others and make the earth a better place, I usually like counselling or guiding others in spiritual matters, or (I am sick so I can't work), but if I was well enough I would love to be a doctor or some kind of neurologist or surgeon. Understanding the mind/brain appeals to me greatly, and I like the idea of being precise in surgery, of it being so calculated even though you're basically taking people apart and putting them back together again. And I enjoy sciences(I'm sure that gives some points to my logical side). So it's a mix of all things really.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel good when I feel I have purpose and a sense of accomplishment, and when I can help others at the same time really.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
A lot makes me feel inferior I think. I generally have an issue right now with disliking myself, and anything I feel I've done wrong I will just casually blame myself and be alright with that. I think on some level I feel I can't do anything right and that it's impossible to do everything right anyway and everything's so messed up that it's kinda okay to be imperfect and not to anything right. It's a weird paradox I've got going on here.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Hmm, well, first, I will ask myself if I enjoy it, then I'll ask "is it necessary to do this" if so then I'll talk myself into doing it. Then I'll ask "what will others think of this"... then I will go and ask them and get opinions. Usually I weigh up between what I want and what others and society wants. I try to get a nice balance of both and try to make them compromise.

I will stop here for now... maybe it's not enough to go on but I'd love to see opinions anyway and maybe later I can add more. :)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello!

I'm stuck between INFP and INFJ. However, the way I read, your focus in on what you want and value over the value of others. But I see Ti in there as well. It could go either way.

Which sounds more like you?

-You use your organization of people and their values to create the impression of the future you envisioned.
-You use your ability to see the possibilities and connections that the world suggests to fulfill your values.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you guys mind if I answer only a few of these? or in parts? I'm not well so it's hard for me to do much in one go. Thanks!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Well, I think I must be very intuitive, I usually get INFP and I am pretty much a perceiver I guess, but my intuition has always been the highlight of my personality and my sensing is really low. I think it's more likely I could be a perceiving dominant, but I could be wrong. I recently did a video on here and someone typed me as ISFJ but I don't really agree with that. Perhaps that's how I appeared externally, and maybe there's a huge influence of my mother on me who is my closest friend and also she typed as an ISFJ on one of the free tests. But I think I'm definitely intuitive because I'm always trying to figure out reality, and have bizarre and eclectic views on things that most would scratch their heads at. I'm talking spiritually (and no it's not about higher consciousness - it's weirder than that, I've been round the bend and down the rabbit hole a few times now)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Well I want to help others and make the earth a better place, I usually like counselling or guiding others in spiritual matters, or (I am sick so I can't work), but if I was well enough I would love to be a doctor or some kind of neurologist or surgeon. Understanding the mind/brain appeals to me greatly, and I like the idea of being precise in surgery, of it being so calculated even though you're basically taking people apart and putting them back together again. And I enjoy sciences(I'm sure that gives some points to my logical side). So it's a mix of all things really.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel good when I feel I have purpose and a sense of accomplishment, and when I can help others at the same time really.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
A lot makes me feel inferior I think. I generally have an issue right now with disliking myself, and anything I feel I've done wrong I will just casually blame myself and be alright with that. I think on some level I feel I can't do anything right and that it's impossible to do everything right anyway and everything's so messed up that it's kinda okay to be imperfect and not to anything right. It's a weird paradox I've got going on here.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Hmm, well, first, I will ask myself if I enjoy it, then I'll ask "is it necessary to do this" if so then I'll talk myself into doing it. Then I'll ask "what will others think of this"... then I will go and ask them and get opinions. Usually I weigh up between what I want and what others and society wants. I try to get a nice balance of both and try to make them compromise.

I will stop here for now... maybe it's not enough to go on but I'd love to see opinions anyway and maybe later I can add more. :)

100% INFJ. No doubt.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"A lot makes me feel inferior I think. I generally have an issue right now with disliking myself, and anything I feel I've done wrong I will just casually blame myself and be alright with that. I think on some level I feel I can't do anything right and that it's impossible to do everything right anyway and everything's so messed up that it's kinda okay to be imperfect and not to anything right. It's a weird paradox I've got going on here."

INFJ. And a lot healthier than the last INFJ I typed on this forum who had gone pretty far down the rabbit hole.

"Well I want to help others and make the earth a better place, I usually like counselling or guiding others in spiritual matters" INFJ INFJ INFJ INFJ....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello!

I'm stuck between INFP and INFJ. However, the way I read, your focus in on what you want and value over the value of others. But I see Ti in there as well. It could go either way.

It's Ti-tertiary.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't get a INFJ out of that.

Try these:

Do you like brainstorming? Does it come easy to you? Or do you struggle to come up with lots of different ideas?

How are you under stress? How do you soothe yourself when stressed?

How well do you read others?

How fast do you react?

Do you need time to think things out or do you get new ideas fast?

Where do your values come from? inside or outside?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I think on some level I feel I can't do anything right and that it's impossible to do everything right anyway and everything's so messed up that it's kinda okay to be imperfect and not to anything right. It's a weird paradox I've got going on here."

The INFJ type eats paradoxes for breakfast.

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for all your replies!!! I will try and answer best I can!!!

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello!

Which sounds more like you?

-You use your organization of people and their values to create the impression of the future you envisioned.
-You use your ability to see the possibilities and connections that the world suggests to fulfill your values.

Hmm, I'm not sure I really have a vision of the future, unless it is for everyone to be harmonious, but I often think that's an impossible goal that can't be obtained. At the moment I have sort of accepted that life will never be perfect, and I can only help here and there where I can. It's not a lot, but a little can go a long way. I think I guess I am more interested in helping the individual rather than society at whole.

And I'm not really sure I try to fulfil any values of my own. I don't really have anything I want to project onto the world, I am more interested in observing, understanding and learning, and then just helping others do the same thing. I don't know if that counts as values? I try to see the connections between everything and don't rule out any possibilities, but it is more for my own interest.

I don't know if I've really explained or answered your questions very well. Feel free to ask more.

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't get a INFJ out of that.

Try these:

Do you like brainstorming? Does it come easy to you? Or do you struggle to come up with lots of different ideas?

How are you under stress? How do you soothe yourself when stressed?

How well do you read others?

How fast do you react?

Do you need time to think things out or do you get new ideas fast?

Where do your values come from? inside or outside?

I love brainstorming, about the things that matter to me, about spiritual things and sometimes psychological. Anything beyond that scope doesn't really interest me, and I'd struggle to brainstorm outside of those areas I think, because it's just not what I'm good at. So I guess my brainstorming is very focused.

When I'm stressed? Hard to say, I'm not very good at soothing myself, I will tend to just spiral emotionally and make things worse, until I get to a point I can't handle things anymore and then just sort of shut everything down and pretend nothing happened. So I guess first I overindulge in the issue and then I ignore it, lol.... not very healthy I know (but I also have a mental disorder so I don't know if this can really be an accurate measure of type)....

How well I read others? Again, this is hard to answer because of my mental disorder. Before I became ill I was very good at reading others psychologically but I struggle cognitively these days, but on the other hand I am what you can call 'psychic' and do readings for people and just seem to know everything about them without even knowing them as a person. So, it's a bit of a mix....

Oh gosh, I don't react very fast at all! I'm very very slow, it's like everything is in slow motion for me. Wouldn't this be a general introvert trait? I kind of like being in slow motion though because it gives you more time to observe things and understand what's really going on behind the scenes...

I'd say a mix of both. I have insights out of nowhere but I also need time to mull things over until things just click together, if that makes sense? I will think over all aspects of an issue until a solution becomes clear.

I don't know about this values question. I guess I get them internally, because I always check first how something makes me feel before anything else, but at the same time I am always thinking "what does so and so think of this, how does this make me appear to them, what does my culture say about this, what am I 'supposed' to be doing?" How I feel is usually most important but to say that I'm not influenced by the collective would be wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] for your input!!! It's definitely between INFP/J for me.

I will leave things here for now...

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leaning INFP now.

Oh, how come? I will try and answer more questions.

Reason I think INFJ is because I empath loads with people, and always am aware of how we as the collective affect each other and give each other our identities, and also there was something else but just forgot...

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Hmm, let me just pull up a memory. I remember when me and my mum went to the beach a few months ago and had fish and chips. Seems like a really insignificant memory but for me it was so important, because it was the first time we really spent time together after I became ill, and it was just like when I was a young child, in the same spot on the same beach, just me and her as I'm an oldest child. There is more to it but that moment really helped me in healing and getting over some of the trauma I went through recently. I'm not really sure if any of that info is useful, but I remember the event quite vividly. However, I generally have a very bad memory (not helped by dissociative amnesia... or whatever the professional term is)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Well, I guess I like trying things hands on. Too much book work bores me, actually although I'm pretty intelligent I just struggle to sit down and memorise things on their own, I really have to get involved with the topic experientially and then learn how everything all connects and interrelates together so that it all makes sense and then I understand what I'm doing rather than just doing it by rote.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not very. But again, because of my illness, I generally am not able to be anyway. (This is where I think MBTI falls short because it doesn't capture the entire spectrum of the mental interior... however, this still interests me, hence why I am here). Generally, I like nice orderliness but am not too fussy, if that makes sense.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Well if I'm taking in new ideas, I won't look for information that supports it unless I obviously have an information bias and want information to support it on some level. So I'm careful of having a bias and try to understand the principles behind things to make sure they make sense and actually fit and work together as a whole, rather than just jumping to conclusions.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Not really sure about either, it's important to be in harmony with the group even if you don't really believe in their values.... people are stronger together when there's a sense of community. However, individuality is important but I really struggle to understand my own individuality, I try to but just seem more how I'm influenced by those around me and the lines between me and them blur.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think it can be a bit of both, but generally I will probably think before speaking. But that doesn't mean I internally agonise over every word I think of. I can be rather spontaneous too. As for preference I think I prefer one-on-one communication, I can really get to know an individual that way and really vibe with them whilst in groups it's not as in depth and personally harder for me to open up.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I am very influenced by the energy of the room that I am in."

INFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I've struggled to connect psychically to people and spiritual elements."

INFJ.

Sheon

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks. :) I was thinking INFJ too. Just that I'm not really a 'judger'? I more a perceiver. Everything fits except that. I'm messy and laidback and rather spontaneous....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. :) I was thinking INFJ too. Just that I'm not really a 'judger'? I more a perceiver. Everything fits except that. I'm messy and laidback and rather spontaneous....

That's because Ni/Fe can be a Perceiver. There's a couple ways used to express that type. One of them would be INf. I have a thread on these "unicorn" types somewhere around here.