• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TYPE ME PLEASE; better questionnaire

Universal mind

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm unsure of which merits of my personality are authentic and which are programmed perceptions on a sub-cautious level.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for a combination of prestige and success in life. This isn't to give into any formality's that I'm always goal oriented, but there is an impulsiveness to constantly unravel my union so to speak, in order to find my inner strengths.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
At my finest is when I perform a oneness with an individual by listening to them wholeheartedly to find what motivates them. In other words, when I close a sale at work, a massive endorphin release comes over me. It's the drug I cant get away from.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
The word inferior is a mindless illusion. Its like the word weakness... Weakness is nothing more than knowledge that has yet to be learned. Therefore, with this perception of weakness, inferior can only exist in cautiousness.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I debate in my mind, out-loud, in writings, with friends, and even in meditation..... each angle, view point, and perception. I then find diplomacy from all angles regardless of irrationality of emotional intellect or flat rationality of tough choices.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I usually do all the work and organization in group assignments at school. Sometimes I do more than is expected. However, this is not to give into any idea that I'm organized or a necessarily a team player. Sometimes I feel like the guy who would lead the army far ahead of the pack, with all my troops struggling to keep up.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Its hard to pick one, but probably hitting up night clubs or outings with friends where we banter in laughter, games, and conversations.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I feel I learn best with auditory learning than anything else. I feel I can listen very well, despite being def in one ear. I can grasp concepts pretty easily with a good ear, lol!

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I love and admire people who are organized and compartmentalized. I even admire a clean surrounding (Despite my beliefs on J types) I dont think of my self as structured. I do believe in consistency at work, fantasy football, and developing plans. Despite my contradictions, I feel more natural performing in unorthodox-ed manners. There is something to spontaneity that makes me feel competent, despite what trouble I may run into.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
At first glance I understand the principles. Then I apply if weather or not the idea identifies with past experiences.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I don't necessarily seek out to see how others are doing, but I do listen to people who approach me with sincerity. Unless I sense the person is not being authentic or if I get a wired vibe from the person, then I either walk away or ignore them completely.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
When i speak its literally just a waterfall coming out of my mouth, Its so random and I don't even think about it. Sometimes I even surprise myself with what comes out. However, I do prefer one on one conversation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I've always admired the James Kirk leap before you look approach, but as of late I've been holding myself more accountable and reflecting before I take action. (One to many past mistakes). I use to be very spontaneous. I feel that words inspire action, but the actions themselves define all there is, what we say about action, truly has little to no value.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Who's going out, where, why, and what? regardless, I'm going out, even if I know I shouldn't!

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
either really sarcastic, very quite, or cussing somebody out (only if its severe stress). But I usually try to contain my emotions through meditation or working-out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are inconsiderate or forgetful. Especially those to put people down to feed off their own insincerity.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
usually drama or whats going on with work, or how the day to day has been. Or least that's where most my conversations end up. Otherwise I can talk about anything regardless of my knowledge on the subject (I'm a great actor. lol)

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I have a good awareness of everything. Sometimes I disregard my health, but even that I'm aware of and manage.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends see me as charismatic, witty, intellectual, and well meaning. Sometimes I'm viewed by others as secretive or reserved.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Meditate, procrastinate, reflect on goals or what I like to accomplish. Get myself into some sort of shenanigans. Then top the day off with a drink and recapping the day with a friend.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see Ni Ti Se Fe. INFJ?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
wow, I never thought myself to be INFJ. Are you sure I don't type as ESTP, seeing they have the same functions?

I agree with Mayflower, you seem to use those functions. From here I would ask which of these questions take priority over the other; Do you feel curious about what is happening and want to figure out how or why it is happening? Or; Do you instinctively want to smooth over interpersonal conflicts, sometimes feeling the urge to correct people’s behaviors (even when the problems do not involve you)?

If the first, then you using thinking over feeling. If the second, then vise versa. I generally find if I'm sure of someones preferred judging function, it's easier to figure out their perceiving.

Universal mind

I agree with Mayflower, you seem to use those functions. From here I would ask which of these questions take priority over the other; Do you feel curious about what is happening and want to figure out how or why it is happening? Or; Do you instinctively want to smooth over interpersonal conflicts, sometimes feeling the urge to correct people’s behaviors (even when the problems do not involve you)?

If the first, then you using thinking over feeling. If the second, then vise versa. I generally find if I'm sure of someones preferred judging function, it's easier to figure out their perceiving.

I feel like, I'm constantly thinking in terms of peace and diplomacy. That being said, I've also manipulate based on peoples agendas and perceptions... lol, I guess I am more of a feeler in this regard?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I feel like, I'm constantly thinking in terms of peace and diplomacy. That being said, I've also manipulate based on peoples agendas and perceptions... lol, I guess I am more of a feeler in this regard?

Definitely sounds like Fe to me, possibly combined with Ni. So I ask you these two questions (which feel more natural to you):
  • Do you find it hard to decide what to do if you cannot see any “deeper meaning” in a situation or if you cannot understand the “ultimate purpose” or importance of an action?
  • Do you feel uneasy when you cannot learn something as quickly as you want or solve a problem as immediately as you would like to?

Universal mind

Definitely sounds like Fe to me, possibly combined with Ni. So I ask you these two questions (which feel more natural to you):
  • Do you find it hard to decide what to do if you cannot see any “deeper meaning” in a situation or if you cannot understand the “ultimate purpose” or importance of an action?
  • Do you feel uneasy when you cannot learn something as quickly as you want or solve a problem as immediately as you would like to?

These are very smart questions, lol.

I feel that I can make choices regardless of any sort or ideology or meaning.
I feel I can still make choices regardless of any ultimate purpose.
However, I do often question the importance of action.

I feel like I can grasp concepts pretty easily. But, I can see myself getting aggravated if I'm not articulating something.
I do feel uneasy when I cant immediately solve a problem, even though I understand that everything goes through a process.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
The questions are from mbti-notes on Tumblr. I find it's a great source when talking to friends and family about their possible types.

So, which of these is more natural for you:
  • Ti-Se (ISTP): You seek to develop an accurate mental model of how the world works through observing changing facts and details and adjusting your “rules of behavior” according to the direct feedback you get from your actions. You prioritize successful practical problem solving as well as avoiding immediate negative outcomes.
  • Se-Ti (ESTP): You seek to adapt to changes and solve problems as quickly as possible through learning from the direct feedback/consequences that your actions provoke. You prioritize making decisions that seem to you to be unbiased or free of irrelevant information.
  • Ni-Fe (INFJ): You use your observations/knowledge of predictive patterns to orient yourself towards the decision that will take into account the perspectives of everybody involved so as to promote meaningful and successful long-term compromise, consensus, or cooperation. You prioritize the need to first ensure that everyone can work well together above the need to solve the problem immediately.
  • Fe-Ni (ENFJ): You seek to achieve personal meaning through finding the best possible ideas for improving relationships and/or society at large. You prioritize making decisions that can realize potential for relationship growth and development, creatively using ideas to improve the spiritual and emotional well-being of people with an eye towards producing greater relational/societal harmony.

Universal mind

The questions are from mbti-notes on Tumblr. I find it's a great source when talking to friends and family about their possible types.

So, which of these is more natural for you:
  • Ti-Se (ISTP): You seek to develop an accurate mental model of how the world works through observing changing facts and details and adjusting your “rules of behavior” according to the direct feedback you get from your actions. You prioritize successful practical problem solving as well as avoiding immediate negative outcomes.
  • Se-Ti (ESTP): You seek to adapt to changes and solve problems as quickly as possible through learning from the direct feedback/consequences that your actions provoke. You prioritize making decisions that seem to you to be unbiased or free of irrelevant information.
  • Ni-Fe (INFJ): You use your observations/knowledge of predictive patterns to orient yourself towards the decision that will take into account the perspectives of everybody involved so as to promote meaningful and successful long-term compromise, consensus, or cooperation. You prioritize the need to first ensure that everyone can work well together above the need to solve the problem immediately.
  • Fe-Ni (ENFJ): You seek to achieve personal meaning through finding the best possible ideas for improving relationships and/or society at large. You prioritize making decisions that can realize potential for relationship growth and development, creatively using ideas to improve the spiritual and emotional well-being of people with an eye towards producing greater relational/societal harmony.

wow, I wish I was this in-depth and helpful with yours. lol

Ti-Se (ISTP); I review past experiences in depth to develop an understanding of how my future might look like. I don't think I adjust my "rules of behavior" as I do just simply, observe. I solve practical problems pretty well, in result I stay clear of any mistakes.

Se-Ti (ESTP); I really slow at solving problems. That being said, I use to have that leap before looking mentality, but I've changed overtime. However, I'm really good at avoiding irrelevant conversations.

Ni-Fe (INFJ); I think I've forced myself from choosing to address other peoples problems. However, I realize now, that I'm actually very talented in coming up with conclusions to peoples behaviors. I can be a team player, until I see people serving their own agendas.

Fe-Ni (ENFJ); I do always try to find the best diplomacy for everybody to work with harmony. But I don't always go out of my way to act on this.

I think INFJ is a good fit... I would also consider ISTP as a possibility.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I considered ISTP too but you don't seem to be inferior Fe. Ti strives to do the most logical thing that it sees no matter what. You leaning toward diplomacy is more F, particularly Fe. I thought ENFJ as well, but you seem to have well developed Ti. However, have decent Se, inferior in INFJ. Hmmm...

Let me give a rough sketch of each Dom-Inferior axis. Which one seems more you?

Dom Fe: I strive to uphold the values and harmony of the group. Infer. Ti: I feel weak in my own logical analysis. Cold logic is not my focus.
Dom Ni: I focus on the meaning and interpretation of events. Infer. Se: I don't really focus on the now. Indulging in "what is" is not my focus.

Universal mind

I considered ISTP too but you don't seem to be inferior Fe. Ti strives to do the most logical thing that it sees no matter what. You leaning toward diplomacy is more F, particularly Fe. I thought ENFJ as well, but you seem to have well developed Ti. However, have decent Se, inferior in INFJ. Hmmm...

Let me give a rough sketch of each Dom-Inferior axis. Which one seems more you?

Dom Fe: I strive to uphold the values and harmony of the group. Infer. Ti: I feel weak in my own logical analysis. Cold logic is not my focus.
Dom Ni: I focus on the meaning and interpretation of events. Infer. Se: I don't really focus on the now. Indulging in "what is" is not my focus.

Fe vs Ti; I resonate more with Fe, despite the fact that I don't always go out of my way to find a cohesive environment. I great with cold logic, but i feel its a bit forced at times and doesn't really last long. I say Fe is stronger than my Ti.

Ni vs Se; I think I focus on the present very well, I've trained myself with "The Power of Now" book. This being said, I have always had this wonderful ability to apply meaning and interpretations to events. I would say my Ni is more natural. of-course I could be confusing Se with Si, however, I don't think Se resonates with me according to this definition of Se. I will have to lean more with Ni.

so, perhaps I'm an INFJ?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe vs Ti; I resonate more with Fe, despite the fact that I don't always go out of my way to find a cohesive environment. I great with cold logic, but i feel its a bit forced at times and doesn't really last long. I say Fe is stronger than my Ti.

Ni vs Se; I think I focus on the present very well, I've trained myself with "The Power of Now" book. This being said, I have always had this wonderful ability to apply meaning and interpretations to events. I would say my Ni is more natural. of-course I could be confusing Se with Si, however, I don't think Se resonates with me according to this definition of Se. I will have to lean more with Ni.

so, perhaps I'm an INFJ?

I would say so. The way you stated, focusing on the now was a trained focus. Your "wonderful ability" sums up a big portion of what Ni is; seeing the meaning, symbolism in the world, foresight is some instances.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys are way off. He is an ENFP although I'm leaving room for ENTP due to a lack of details in his responses. I could accept either answer, but ENFP seems far more likely than ENTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Damn straight you're a Feeler, an ENFP feeler.

"I'm constantly thinking in terms of peace and diplomacy." ENFP.

"More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning."
ENFP Personality (“The Campaigner”)

| 16Personalities

Universal mind

Damn straight you're a Feeler, an ENFP feeler.

"I'm constantly thinking in terms of peace and diplomacy." ENFP.

"More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning."
ENFP Personality (“The Campaigner”)

| 16Personalities

My best friend is an ENFP. We get along really well, but there have been times when himself and our other friends view me as more of an ENTP. Sometimes people have said in the past, that I come off a little stern.
Truth be told, I've tested as and debated back and fourth over ENFP and ENTP years back.

At-least we can all agree (Here's my diplomacy) that I'm definitely intuitive. lol

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My best friend is an ENFP. We get along really well, but there have been times when himself and our other friends view me as more of an ENTP. Sometimes people have said in the past, that I come off a little stern.
Truth be told, I've tested as and debated back and fourth over ENFP and ENTP years back.

At-least we can all agree (Here's my diplomacy) that I'm definitely intuitive. lol

I would think that it takes more than being "a little stern" to flip the F to a T.