• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Opinion of My Type Based on My Video?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION]

I tested INTJ way back when I took the official MBTI in college at the age of 22. But I didn't know myself at all...and who I was was pretty much whoever I needed to be to make other people happy with me. The type of classes I was in had a lot of TJ types...

But I definitely don't prefer logic over feeling based decisions. I've learned that about myself once I got out of college and here and there whenever I took the MBTI test I scored INFP. I'm definitely not an INFP though after having met a few of them now.

I was reading more on the Fi forums, and something I read really stuck out. It said that the Fi type will need to be careful not to limit their perceptions to things that Fi already preconceives to be of value. Thinking back about my exploring of ideas or new experiences...I do judge them beforehand whether I think they hold value, or if it's something I think I'll like...then I pursue them. I can be pretty dismissive in this way, and it's one of the issues my INFP ex had problems with me. I would already think something wasn't right, and wouldn't be open to exploring it further once I'd determined that. And thing was is that I could base that stance on what I deemed "enough" information, and then move on...not really caring to explore it further. Her Ne seemed much more open to pursuing something regardless of likelihood.

I did work with an INTJ once...she was so amazing. She had great leadership qualities that came out when she needed them. She always seemed to have a plan and keep me on task. I was better at adapting and figuring out the problems as they arose. She had a lot less issues with confrontation too... I could see Te usage in her...she knew her type also, so that was helpful. The best Te I can do is organize the silverware in my dishwasher. I never tell anyone what to do unless the hulk side of me comes out...or I have to get my kids out the door for school.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you looked around in the Fi forums to see if your assumptions match other people's experiences?

I did find some things that stood out, and I related to quite a bit.

-Self-referencing emotions to understand other people. (I do this very well and often)

-Feeling "weird" or not like other people. (E4 or Fi...maybe both combined? but I've felt this way since at least 7 years old)

-Clarifying and analyzing values. (When i was 7 I was inconsolably crying because I embarassed my mom on purpose when I asked her what "S-H-I-T" spelled in the grocery store. A show called Highway to Heaven came on that night and it was about Heaven and angels....and I felt SO incredibly bad about what I did to my mom...she spent probably an hour telling me all the horrible things she did when she was a kid to try to make me feel better.)

-Problems with seeing your own objective value.

-Limiting perceptions to those I think I will like, be fun, etc.

-Taking notice of how things are making ME feel.

-Moods independent of those people surrounding them.

-Judging whether something is right or wrong

-Sensitive to criticism

-Feels "gut" feelings....(I get these a lot and sometimes I can't explain it..but I know if something isn't sitting right with me and I have to fix it before I feel better).

So I do use Fi a lot, and I seem to use it well....just not in an artistic way.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I did find some things that stood out, and I related to quite a bit.

-Self-referencing emotions to understand other people. (I do this very well and often)

-Feeling "weird" or not like other people. (E4 or Fi...maybe both combined? but I've felt this way since at least 7 years old)

-Clarifying and analyzing values. (When i was 7 I was inconsolably crying because I embarassed my mom on purpose when I asked her what "S-H-I-T" spelled in the grocery store. A show called Highway to Heaven came on that night and it was about Heaven and angels....and I felt SO incredibly bad about what I did to my mom...she spent probably an hour telling me all the horrible things she did when she was a kid to try to make me feel better.)

-Problems with seeing your own objective value.

-Limiting perceptions to those I think I will like, be fun, etc.

-Taking notice of how things are making ME feel.

-Moods independent of those people surrounding them.

-Judging whether something is right or wrong

-Sensitive to criticism

-Feels "gut" feelings....(I get these a lot and sometimes I can't explain it..but I know if something isn't sitting right with me and I have to fix it before I feel better).

So I do use Fi a lot, and I seem to use it well....just not in an artistic way.
That's good to know, you should be confident about your Fi usage now.