• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An old questionnaire from a friend of mine - I know his type, what would you say?

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(The bolded parts were questions asked by people, in regards to obtaining more information)

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I don't think so, no. The closest thing is Asperger's Syndrome.
I'm male, 18 and trying to finish this as quickly as possible. I am in quite a sedate state of mind, which I am very often in late at night.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
INTP/ENTP; I've scored as xNFP on occasion also.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I will most likely say. "Hmmm... Sounds interesting. I'd gladly hear more."
The moment it's over, I'll ask them about it - provided my mind hasn't gone somewhere else by this point, which can happen. My train of thought is: "If my friend sees something in this, then I should probably figure out what that is."

What kind of questions would you ask? Which information is most pertinent to you? Could you give us an example?

Most of the questions that I will ask are all about picking up more information and filling the gaps, so that I can properly understand the ins and outs of what I am being told. For example, if someone spoke to me about a clock, I would want to ask if they had any information on how it worked and its individual parts. The most important information to me is that which allows me to understand a concept in greater depth; if you like, immersing myself inside of an idea in an attempt to be able to understand all of the ins and outs and why things work the way they do. I seek knowledge.

If they could answer my questions, I would gladly stay and hear it; if not I would most likely forget.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

I'm not an obsessive "Who am I?" person, but I used to be quite like that. I also want to experience as much as is possible; namely in my wish to become an author and to have enough that is worth talking about.

What would you like to be able to talk MORE about? What kinds of things do you wish to learn? Is there anything in particular you want to experience? Ex: jumping out of a plane vs experiencing the stillness of meditation

I would like to be able to talk more about my ideals and creativity; the main reason why I don't is because I can't interest enough people. I would like to teach myself to improve my intelligence and grow as a person so that I may one day be captivating enough.

As for experiences, I would very much like to experience being a soldier. The main reason for this is that being a soldier requires quick action and strong awareness of surroundings; the latter is especially weak for me. I feel that if I could succeed as a soldier (or anything else that requires such skills in large quantities), I could succeed at anything.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

My values could change. It would be because I genuinely believe that they aren't the right values to possess. I am quite easily swayed by the world around me.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

My inward reaction is "WHAT?"
My thoughts are "That is ghastly."
What I would say largely depends on my mood. If I'm feeling aggressive, I would confront them. If I'm feeling calm, I won't.

Can you elaborate more? What did you envision them saying?

I'd like to alter my answer here. A couple of years ago, a couple of friends of mine joked about the Japanese Tsunami. I was greatly offended; however, I had lost a group of friends due to overtalking and irritating people, which had greatly dented my confidence and as such I was very submissive at the time, so I stayed silent. I personally believe that if it were to happen now, I probably would make a rant as to everything that is morally wrong with such jokes, on the basis of inner anger.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Do you mean "what activities energize, what activity energizes or what activity(s) energize(s)?

Putting that aside, I am energized usually by the company of people whom I have close trust in, and reminding them why I'm much better than they are.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Large amounts of time without any solitude - I like to be able to unravel my thoughts and interpret the information that I have received today. Without it, I become weary and withdrawn.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I believe that I'm either an unusually introverted extravert, or vice-versa. I am rather boisterous towards those who I know well and am usually quick to open up to new people. However, I spend large amounts of time by myself and am uncomfortable during overly long periods without silence. I am also shy in environments with an aggressive feel, such as the gym or a paintballing arena.

By choice? Or is one of those things where you wish you had more people to hang out with (similar interests, etc: ) but you don't so you opt for alone time?

It's a bit of both, really. If I don't have time alone, I get tired fast. However, my friends rarely arrange meet-ups, so I'm always the one to sort them out, and I get bored if I spend too long without company.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

My greatest strengths are my open-mindedness; I'm always up for something new. I'm also warm-hearted. I have a good sense of humour, also. These are the first things to come to mind; there are probably others.

My greatest weakness is probably my obliviousness to the outer world - I could be in a room for half an hour and not realize that there's a washing machine in the corner of a room. I'm also slow to react to sudden situations, such as when someone speaks to me whom I haven't seen, unless I know them well I will struggle with what to say.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I feel stressed, I become easily angered. I will inconsistently switch between brimming with life and walking dead in my feelings. This can be triggered in a heartbeat - I do not know why that is, and I've no wish to give a wrong answer here.

I'm sure you have brainstormed ideas before. Why do you suspect you react this way?
And can you give us an example of a stressful situation that would cause this?

I can think of one particularly bad day I had. It was the Friday of a week when my Mum was in Barbados - she'd been gone since the Saturday before. I was alone in the house, but she had arranged different people to host me and give me food and company each evening. However, this became problematic after my bike (on which I travel everywhere, including to school which is about 2 and a half miles away) suffered a puncture on Monday. Due to all of the commitments that my Mum had made, I had no time to get my bike fixed since I did not wish to make last minute cancellations. On Friday, I was 50 minutes late to my first lesson - partially due to having to walk, partially due to my alarm not going off when I intended (I don't know why this happened). I then became angry over all of the problems that had happened, and on my way home from school continuously growled as I walked down, to release my anger. I had began calling the whole week a complete disaster and was constantly shifting blame to all of the commitments that my Mum had made for me, to my extreme short-sightedness; not realizing the problem that would come about on Friday on previous days, getting angry with myself for hiding from my problems rather than facing them and for angering my teacher that morning by being late.

I would like to mention that once I had sorted out my bike and been able to relax at home, I quickly began feeling much calmer.
11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

My soft spot? I would probably say being reminded of an inability to think. It never dawned on me until less than a year ago that it might be worth thinking in steps.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

They are often centered around my writing, and if there is any way that I can use them in my writing. Storylines come naturally to me (and if they don't, I'll decide what happens next as I write it). I spend a lot of time thinking about my characters, as they always seem under-developed. I will sometimes resort to external sources such as TV Tropes to expand on their depth, but usually I wait for something to cross my mind.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I like feedback. It's always good to know just where I stand, and if I don't get feedback I feel as though I'm being ignored.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I am currently in Sixth Form, studying A2s. I don't know exactly what I will do next year, and I don't wish to think about it until my A2s are over, as I will be bogged down with more than I can handle. I also opted not to preview my post, rather I posted it immediately.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Overall your buddy seems xNTP to me. I would say more ENTP as like myself are ambiverted while INTPs tend to be super introverts.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Your friend's MBTI is INFP.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks to everyone who's posted in here. I lied about this questionnaire - it's actually me who wrote it a long time ago.

The main reason I wanted to repost it was because I was actually given an ISxJ typing from it, something which at the time seemed like it might make sense. I wondered if others would draw the same conclusion here. However, now that I understand the functions it's clear that the whole thing was written by someone with strong Ne.

I believe the person in question also had a bias against J types, and didn't want to think that someone as feeble as I was at the time could be the same type as him.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Overall your buddy seems xNTP to me. I would say more ENTP as like myself are ambiverted while INTPs tend to be super introverts.

Not if your self-preservation instinct is last in the stacking, like mine.

INTP 5 so/sx ends up manifesting as someone who's hyper-social one moment and hyper-recluse the next.