• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Second opinions on my type?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm not new to MBTI, but I am new to Typology Central, and I've always second guessed my type, so I thought I'd get some more opinions. I think opinions from those who don't know me are usually pretty accurate because your behavior doesn't necessarily dictate the way you process cognitively.

I'll start with that I'm fairly confident in my enneagram, 9w8 (962 tritype, probably sx/sp). I've taken tests for MBTI, and I've simply studied the theory itself, and between both I seem to be and ENFP (or INFP, I can't really ever decide if my Ne or Fi is higher, or if my Si or Te is weaker). But I've also had someone close to me suggest that I'm an ISTJ, but I think that's mostly her interpretation of my bossiness when I'm under stress.

So, I guess I'll do some questionnaires. Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read my nonsense, you're all awesome!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I feel like ENFPs are often described as zany or irresponsible. I don't really identify with either of those things. Not that I think that I'm normal by any means, but I'm not loopy? However, I can relate to the inability to focus on one thing for a long period of time, especially if it bores me or I'm not interested to begin with.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To find where I belong. The dream job, that one person to spend the rest of my life with. Adventure, and experience. To be happy.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

About a year ago, I was finishing up school, and I was doing really well. Even between working and going to school, I felt like I was accomplishing so many things. I loved that I was learning, and that it was something I was passionate about. Even if I was exhausted from being on the move constantly (working retail for the holidays and being in school is wild, man). I felt like I was growing, and I think that's when I'm happiest.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I don't know as much about a subject matter as the person I'm conversing with. When I'm unable to help and care for the people that I love. When I feel like my trust and desire to be there for those I love has been taken advantage of.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

The pros and cons of something weigh a lot on my decisions, and those pros and cons always include how I feel about it, how it will effect me, and the people I love. If I think something I want to do might hurt someone else's feelings, I tend to avoid doing said thing. I hate conflict, so I'll avoid it, even if it means sacrificing something for myself (god, I'm such a 9).

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Definitely the big picture. I'm not a small details kind of person, they irritate me. There are too many different ways to come to the same outcome for small details to matter, in my opinion. I'd rather know where I want to go in the end, and just figure it out on the way.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

When I was younger, I got to go to museums a lot. Where I lived we had The Science Center (which was basically a museum about science), and a huge aquarium, and zoo. Going to those, especially the museum where some of my absolute favorite things to do. I didn't necessarily need to have anyone with me, I loved learning about the exhibits and seeing what was there, and just soaking it all in.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

If I'm around other people, I'm a much better hands-on learner. Especially if I'm shown how to do it by someone more experienced before hand. I get really nervous if I'm thrown into something I've never done before, and there are people watching me do it. If it's more theory or thought based, reading about it alone and taking notes for myself help me learn. I have to take notes, writing it down makes it easier for me to remember later, because I remember writing it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Ugh, horribly. This is one of my pet peeves about myself. When it comes to work, and my money, I'm very anal. But outside of that, my room or my car or anything else is a big old mess and I can never find anything.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I think that I look at the principles behind it first, to see if it's worth bothering with. If I think it makes sense or is interesting, then I'll look for more information and research it, but if it doesn't interest me from the start, I toss it pretty quickly. I'm not good a focusing on things that don't interest me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This is where it gets hard for me, because Fi is always described as being kind of selfish. But I've never really considered myself to be much of a Fe user, because I'm always so.....being true to myself is my biggest motivator in everything. But, for me, being true to myself means making sure that the people I love are doing fine, and are okay. Being true to myself means, if I'm with a group of people, and something happens, I check in on everyone to make sure they're okay and I try to help.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I try very hard to think before I speak, I think I've always been this way. I don't like saying things that I know could hurt others, because people have said things that hurt me and didn't think before they said it. This doesn't necessarily mean that I don't talk a lot, I do. But when it counts, I think first. I definitely prefer one-on-one. Group discussions can be really overwhelming for me, unless they're well controlled. Otherwise, there are just too many different opinions flying about and I can't pinpoint one thing and it hurts my head.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I generally like to know where I'm jumping, first. Especially if it's something I've never done before. -- I think words are to easy to manipulate to get what you want, but your behavior and actions are harder to control, because they're usually more deeply ingrained and impulsive reactions. So yes, actions speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends on what a night out would entail. Are we going to a club? Nope, not interest. Have fun without me, but please be careful. Let me know you got home safely. Movies and dinner, or something like that? More likely to get a 'yes' out of me. But it would depend on my mood, if I'm tired or just don't feel like socializing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

One of two things; I'll either get really bossy and hyper focused on getting things done, or I'll shut down and shut everyone out and just not respond or react to anything, really.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike people that lie, to an extent. I get not wanting to hurt someone's feelings and telling a white lie. But lying to get what you want, or to manipulate a situation, or person, to get what you want. I hate that. I hate people that pretend to something or someone that they are, to get what they want. Yeah....just, don't be a shitty person?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I can tell you what I don't like talking about, and I think these things are just my least favorite because of the conflict they generally instigate (9, rearing its ugly head). I hate politics, and I hate religion, as subject matter. I hate that people are so bullheaded and set in their ways about these things that they refuse to hear what the other person has to say, and will interrupt or tell them they're wrong. Like honestly, how hard is it to accept that you're different from someone else, and that the don't agree with you, doesn't really matter? I get really angry, and just try to change the subject (not subtlety, at all, I will straight up just say that we're not talking about it anymore or that it's time for a new subject). I love to talk about art, and history, and music, and movies, and books. Things that make me happy, that I feel have a positive and interesting effect on everyone.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

My own well-being, I guess? This is more recent, though. I used to be very in-tune with how I felt about something, and very stubborn about not doing things that didn't 'feel' right. I've gotten so that I actively ignore this quality in myself, and push myself to consider others and what's around me to the point that I forget to take care of myself emotionally. I've had a lot of emotional breakdowns since I've started doing this, though. So, I'm trying to get back to not doing things that make me unhappy or make me feel unsafe, or uncomfortable.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think they perceive me as strong, and brave, and tough. I think they're wrong in the context that these things are very....exhausting for me to be. I do them because I feel like I need to be strong, and brave, and tough to be able to care for the people that I love. And I do it a little bit to protect myself, too. Though it usually backfires. I don't think anyone would ever say that I'm stupid. I was going to say they wouldn't say I'm selfish, but my dad said the other day that I can be self-absorbed sometimes, and I'm not sure if that equates to selfishness, but I found it kind of insulting. I then asked him if I was as bad as my older sister with this, and he was like "GOD, NO." So I felt better.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Going to museums! Or art galleries! Or festivals! Or, anything where I can learn or experience new things. Ummm, not amusement parks, they're overwhelming for me. I prefer things I can do at my own pace. So yeah, I'd love to just spend a lot of time going to museums and art galleries, and the like.

If there are any other questionnaires or things that you think would help you in determining my type, just let me know! And thank you, if you've made it this far!

- Jules

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
So, this is going to sound crazy, since I just posted the above this morning. But I'm starting to second guess my enneagram. I thought I'd do an additional questionnaire, for enneagram this time. Since I'm actually more - not concerned - maybe, interested?

----------

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.

As of right now, I'm currently in between jobs, having been laid off from my previous one. I've felt very useless, and depressed about this. In addition, conversations that I've been having with people that know me very well have pointed out my tendency to act a certain, even though I felt that I didn't behave in this manner. I'm sure this will come up in the following questions. Right now, I'm in a place where I'm trying to grow and become a better person, and not be so reliable on others' happiness and opinions of me.

----------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
Originally, I've always been typed as a Nine when it comes to the tests, and I didn't identify with it a whole lot until I looked into wings. I relate to a 9w8 a lot. I'm very non-confrontational until someone I love or something I love is threatened and then I step forward. But, in light of some stuff, and some conversations. I've learned that (I read up on Two's and 2w1s in particular) - and realized - I have a tendency to put the people I love and their needs so far above my own that it's self-sacrifical. And like 2w1s, when this attention, care, and love isn't returned in what I feel is an equal way, I begin to harbor resentment for that person. I'd also like to add that I always felt Two was in my triad, but didn't realize that is was as strong as it was - I thought I was a 962, and am now beginning to think Six is my weakest.​

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
Mentally, and emotionally, this is my comfort space. For the most part I'm relaxed, open and much more likely to contemplate what is happening in my life or in my head. Not always a good thing, because it can cause me to over think. The over thinking thing is definitely something I notice; thinking about choices that I've made, how I handled a situation that day and how I may have handled it better or differently.​

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
Honestly, kind of exhausting? I worry about other people, a lot. Not necessarily how they perceive me (definitely a little bit of that, though), but more of the issues they're going through and what I can do better to help them. I feel very upset with myself when I can't help the people I love, it makes me really depressed, actually.​
b. What have others said about you?
That I'm compassionate, worry about other people too much (even people I shouldn't be worrying about, or concerned with). That I'm passionate, and ambitious. I've also been told that I'm pragmatic, level-headed (though I personally thing I daydream too much).​
c. What do you think of yourself?
I don't agree with being pragmatic and level-headed, I think that I try to be and then fail miserably at it. Like I said, I daydream, a lot. I do think that I'm compassionate, I enjoy helping people and making them happy. I've also noticed that I tend to worry about others, even though I like to say that I put myself first. I have to be in a really bad place to become selfish enough to not worry about others, or how I'm perceived.​

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
As far as recurrent themes go, friendships/relationships that do not put as much into the friendship/relationship as I do. My best friend when I was younger was very insecure, and I was often who she used for validation. I know she was also very jealous of me when we got into high school, and when I moved away she said that I was ruining her life because I was her only friend (and moving away was not my choice, my parents had to move). Another couple friendships in high school where I was constantly tiptoeing around everyone's feelings, only to have mine not taken into consideration at all. For example; making plans with this group of friends, having them all cancel on me and then do something with each other without inviting me. That friendship ended in a very big fight. My first serious boyfriend, who cheated on me with a girl in the previously mentioned friend group. And boyfriends after that who would always expect me to see them when they wanted me to, but never came to see me. I put more into it than they did.​

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
I have a hard time with being analytical, it really exhausts me. I'd rather jump into something with only a little research and wing it. Manipulation, of any kind. I wouldn't even know where to begin to be able to manipulate someone or something to get what I want. Nor would I ever want to.​
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
I'd like to be able to shut people out, and their opinions. That is to say, the people that matter to me. If you're a stranger and you say I'm selfish, I won't care. But if you're someone that I consider to be one of my people, and you say that too me, I'd be very upset. And I'd like to not be so effected by that type of thing.​

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I've never had a friend leave me, with the exception of moving away and losing contact. I'm more likely to be the one that leaves, and it's because things in the friendship/relationship have gotten to the point that I realize I'm more invested and putting more into it than they are. I've also never had a boyfriend break up with me, I'm always the one to break it off.​

6. Which types do you identify with most?
Nine, Two and Six.​
a. How do you relate to these types?
Nine's because of their dislike for conflict. Two's because of how much they like to care about people, even at their own expense. Both of them because of their desire for love and harmony. Six because of it's nature to doubt and protect itself.​
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
I don't feel that I'm passive enough to be a Nine, but I'm also all talk and no bite when it comes to my anger. I always felt like Two's were too needy, but in answer some of these questions, I'm kind of laughing at myself. A Six seems like it's scared of everything and anything, and I'm not. I get nervous, but I can usually push through if I'm not in my comfort zone.​

7. Which types are least like you?
Eight, Four, Three.​
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
I do not have the aggression of an Eight, at all. Or, just very little. If someone I love is being hurt, I'll step up. But otherwise, nope, avoiding conflict. Four's seem like the need to be different to feel worthy, and that's not me in anyway. I don't care if people think I'm special, absolute least of my concerns. I haven't looked all that much into Three's but from what I've gathered, they care too much about making an "impact" on the world. I'm not concerned with that either, I'd rather just help those close to me, and animals.​
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
Four's care about staying true to themselves, which is one of my biggest motivators. I strive to be my most authentic self, but I think that's less me being a Four and more my use of Fi. Seven's jump into the things they're afraid of, which I do from time to time. But not often.​

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I like to say that I'm fine being alone, but I cry myself to sleep a lot when I'm lonely. Or I'll cuddle my pillow and pretend I'm cuddling with someone. I will say though, I would much rather do that than be in a relationship I am not happy in. I also want someone who gives as much in a relationship as I do, and someone who can confront things gently, since I hate conflict. Someone who gets that your tone of voice in a confrontation or conversation can make me shut down or run away.​

9. What is the message your superego tells you?
To be good to people, to take care of those that need you, to make sure there is no conflict and everyone is happy.​

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
Superego: Why aren't you talking to this person? They're going through a really rough time and they need you to be there for them.
Ego: Not talking to them is making me sick to my stomach, but trying to be there for them is exhausting.
Superego: But you're not doing enough!
Ego: I don't know what else to do! They won't listen to me, or anyone!
Superego: They're going to hate you, and you're going to lose your best friend.
Ego: (Probably crying incoherently)
---Another Situation Would Probably Be---
Superego: Your parents thing you're a waste of space. You have no job, you lay around all day, your life is pointless.
Ego: I was laid-off, and I'm trying to find jobs but either no one is hiring, or I'm not qualified enough.
Superego: Try harder.
Ego: (Probably shut down and moved on to something to distract myself)​

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)
Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.
1) to be a lovable person - honestly, the only answer I have for this is that I want someone who loves me, and would sacrifice and compromise as I would. I want to be worthy and enough for someone to do that.
2) to be loving and benevolent - I feel bad if I'm hurtful, or feel like I'm neglecting someone I love.
3) to be "okay", having it together - I'm kind of a mess, for the most part, and would very much like to know what "okay" feels like.
4) to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause - I'm incredibly loyal to those I love, and I have causes that are very close to my heart, like children, veterans and animals.
5) to be powerful, strong, unassailable - I want to be able to protect myself and the people I love.
6) to be accomplished and successful - being accomplished and successful means being secure, and being able to care for others.
7) to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative - being true to myself, I guess.
8) to be knowledgeable - to know what I'm getting into before I start.​

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:
- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and undeserving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectable
(In addition to what I've put in bold above, I have felt betrayed and lied to, as well.​

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:
- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved

- Weak and not being on top of things
- Failure
- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost

- Entanglements and losing what I have
- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.​

----------------------

That was intense, but I did it. Again, thank you those who have gotten this far. And if you have any input, let me know.

- Jules

Universal mind

I'm not new to MBTI, but I am new to Typology Central, and I've always second guessed my type, so I thought I'd get some more opinions. I think opinions from those who don't know me are usually pretty accurate because your behavior doesn't necessarily dictate the way you process cognitively.

I'll start with that I'm fairly confident in my enneagram, 9w8 (962 tritype, probably sx/sp). I've taken tests for MBTI, and I've simply studied the theory itself, and between both I seem to be and ENFP (or INFP, I can't really ever decide if my Ne or Fi is higher, or if my Si or Te is weaker). But I've also had someone close to me suggest that I'm an ISTJ, but I think that's mostly her interpretation of my bossiness when I'm under stress.

So, I guess I'll do some questionnaires. Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read my nonsense, you're all awesome!

I feel like ENFPs are often described as zany or irresponsible. I don't really identify with either of those things. Not that I think that I'm normal by any means, but I'm not loopy? However, I can relate to the inability to focus on one thing for a long period of time, especially if it bores me or I'm not interested to begin with.

To find where I belong. The dream job, that one person to spend the rest of my life with. Adventure, and experience. To be happy.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

About a year ago, I was finishing up school, and I was doing really well. Even between working and going to school, I felt like I was accomplishing so many things. I loved that I was learning, and that it was something I was passionate about. Even if I was exhausted from being on the move constantly (working retail for the holidays and being in school is wild, man). I felt like I was growing, and I think that's when I'm happiest.

When I don't know as much about a subject matter as the person I'm conversing with. When I'm unable to help and care for the people that I love. When I feel like my trust and desire to be there for those I love has been taken advantage of.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

The pros and cons of something weigh a lot on my decisions, and those pros and cons always include how I feel about it, how it will effect me, and the people I love. If I think something I want to do might hurt someone else's feelings, I tend to avoid doing said thing. I hate conflict, so I'll avoid it, even if it means sacrificing something for myself (god, I'm such a 9).

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Definitely the big picture. I'm not a small details kind of person, they irritate me. There are too many different ways to come to the same outcome for small details to matter, in my opinion. I'd rather know where I want to go in the end, and just figure it out on the way.

When I was younger, I got to go to museums a lot. Where I lived we had The Science Center (which was basically a museum about science), and a huge aquarium, and zoo. Going to those, especially the museum where some of my absolute favorite things to do. I didn't necessarily need to have anyone with me, I loved learning about the exhibits and seeing what was there, and just soaking it all in.

If I'm around other people, I'm a much better hands-on learner. Especially if I'm shown how to do it by someone more experienced before hand. I get really nervous if I'm thrown into something I've never done before, and there are people watching me do it. If it's more theory or thought based, reading about it alone and taking notes for myself help me learn. I have to take notes, writing it down makes it easier for me to remember later, because I remember writing it.

Ugh, horribly. This is one of my pet peeves about myself. When it comes to work, and my money, I'm very anal. But outside of that, my room or my car or anything else is a big old mess and I can never find anything.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I think that I look at the principles behind it first, to see if it's worth bothering with. If I think it makes sense or is interesting, then I'll look for more information and research it, but if it doesn't interest me from the start, I toss it pretty quickly. I'm not good a focusing on things that don't interest me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This is where it gets hard for me, because Fi is always described as being kind of selfish. But I've never really considered myself to be much of a Fe user, because I'm always so.....being true to myself is my biggest motivator in everything. But, for me, being true to myself means making sure that the people I love are doing fine, and are okay. Being true to myself means, if I'm with a group of people, and something happens, I check in on everyone to make sure they're okay and I try to help.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I try very hard to think before I speak, I think I've always been this way. I don't like saying things that I know could hurt others, because people have said things that hurt me and didn't think before they said it. This doesn't necessarily mean that I don't talk a lot, I do. But when it counts, I think first. I definitely prefer one-on-one. Group discussions can be really overwhelming for me, unless they're well controlled. Otherwise, there are just too many different opinions flying about and I can't pinpoint one thing and it hurts my head.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I generally like to know where I'm jumping, first. Especially if it's something I've never done before. -- I think words are to easy to manipulate to get what you want, but your behavior and actions are harder to control, because they're usually more deeply ingrained and impulsive reactions. So yes, actions speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends on what a night out would entail. Are we going to a club? Nope, not interest. Have fun without me, but please be careful. Let me know you got home safely. Movies and dinner, or something like that? More likely to get a 'yes' out of me. But it would depend on my mood, if I'm tired or just don't feel like socializing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

One of two things; I'll either get really bossy and hyper focused on getting things done, or I'll shut down and shut everyone out and just not respond or react to anything, really.

I dislike people that lie, to an extent. I get not wanting to hurt someone's feelings and telling a white lie. But lying to get what you want, or to manipulate a situation, or person, to get what you want. I hate that. I hate people that pretend to something or someone that they are, to get what they want. Yeah....just, don't be a shitty person?

I can tell you what I don't like talking about, and I think these things are just my least favorite because of the conflict they generally instigate (9, rearing its ugly head). I hate politics, and I hate religion, as subject matter. I hate that people are so bullheaded and set in their ways about these things that they refuse to hear what the other person has to say, and will interrupt or tell them they're wrong. Like honestly, how hard is it to accept that you're different from someone else, and that the don't agree with you, doesn't really matter? I get really angry, and just try to change the subject (not subtlety, at all, I will straight up just say that we're not talking about it anymore or that it's time for a new subject). I love to talk about art, and history, and music, and movies, and books. Things that make me happy, that I feel have a positive and interesting effect on everyone.

My own well-being, I guess? This is more recent, though. I used to be very in-tune with how I felt about something, and very stubborn about not doing things that didn't 'feel' right. I've gotten so that I actively ignore this quality in myself, and push myself to consider others and what's around me to the point that I forget to take care of myself emotionally. I've had a lot of emotional breakdowns since I've started doing this, though. So, I'm trying to get back to not doing things that make me unhappy or make me feel unsafe, or uncomfortable.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think they perceive me as strong, and brave, and tough. I think they're wrong in the context that these things are very....exhausting for me to be. I do them because I feel like I need to be strong, and brave, and tough to be able to care for the people that I love. And I do it a little bit to protect myself, too. Though it usually backfires. I don't think anyone would ever say that I'm stupid. I was going to say they wouldn't say I'm selfish, but my dad said the other day that I can be self-absorbed sometimes, and I'm not sure if that equates to selfishness, but I found it kind of insulting. I then asked him if I was as bad as my older sister with this, and he was like "GOD, NO." So I felt better.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Going to museums! Or art galleries! Or festivals! Or, anything where I can learn or experience new things. Ummm, not amusement parks, they're overwhelming for me. I prefer things I can do at my own pace. So yeah, I'd love to just spend a lot of time going to museums and art galleries, and the like.

If there are any other questionnaires or things that you think would help you in determining my type, just let me know! And thank you, if you've made it this far!

- Jules

(I'm only good with MBTi types, I don't have much knowledge in enneagram.)
First and foremost I find your personality extremely pleasing and "you people" are by far one of my faves. Before I say which type I think you are, Let me dive in with few things that really caught my attention.
First off, I question if you have the proper perception of sensing and intuition. Just because you can think with the end in mind does not mean you take in information with intuition. You could be intuitive and I could be completely wrong in typing you, but based on your answers and "how" you answered them, I'll go with sensing over intuition. you talk about learning best hands on, most of my sensing friends learn best doing the same thing. I also found some correlation and contradictions with hands on learning and having to take notes. which ultimately takes my conclusion and based on other answers, that you are an I and S.

I want to know more about your visits to museums. what was it about museums that grasped your attention?

I also want to voice my opinion on the perception that your "clean room" determines if your a J or P. This perception has nothing to do with it. To me its about the structure and compartmentalization of your daily life and rituals. In this case, your very much a J my friend.

I consider you a caregiver. Your definitely a guardian who cares for the well being and culture that follows the standards of individuality and transparency of past generations. In other words, your an ISFJ.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
(I'm only good with MBTi types, I don't have much knowledge in enneagram.)
First and foremost I find your personality extremely pleasing and "you people" are by far one of my faves. Before I say which type I think you are, Let me dive in with few things that really caught my attention.
First off, I question if you have the proper perception of sensing and intuition. Just because you can think with the end in mind does not mean you take in information with intuition. You could be intuitive and I could be completely wrong in typing you, but based on your answers and "how" you answered them, I'll go with sensing over intuition. you talk about learning best hands on, most of my sensing friends learn best doing the same thing. I also found some correlation and contradictions with hands on learning and having to take notes. which ultimately takes my conclusion and based on other answers, that you are an I and S.

I want to know more about your visits to museums. what was it about museums that grasped your attention?

I also want to voice my opinion on the perception that your "clean room" determines if your a J or P. This perception has nothing to do with it. To me its about the structure and compartmentalization of your daily life and rituals. In this case, your very much a J my friend.

I consider you a caregiver. Your definitely a guardian who cares for the well being and culture that follows the standards of individuality and transparency of past generations. In other words, your an ISFJ.

I've been wondering for awhile whether I'm more S than N, which was kind of why I came here. Because I feel like the people in my life are biased in the way that they see me.

As far as what it is about museums grasping my attention, it's learning new things. And not random things, you can pick and choose the exhibits you look at and you can move at your own pace. I'm generally the person that ends up ditching everyone, and moving onto something else before everyone else is finished. Then afterwards I have to talk about it all.

And I've never really considered my organizational skills to be a result of my type, I know it's just because I'm lazy and kind of really can't be bothered. I have better things to do than clean. Lol.

I'll definitely look into ISFJ more though! I haven't had that suggested before, and I will say my knowledge in Si is weak. So I will be reading up on that.

Also, I love that "you people" are your favorites, and that you think I have a pleasing personality. Might change your mind when you find out how bossy I can be, lol.

Thank you, though! You're awesome!

Universal mind

yea, I'm no expert by any means, but you do seem like a sensor.

I wonder if you feel the same about museums as you do about past history? Is it the message or the historical events themselves that interest you?

Maybe your introspection prevents you from productivity. Its not that your lazy, but perhaps need some down time?

What suggestions (of your mbti type) have your peers given you in the past?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Maybe your introspection prevents you from productivity. Its not that your lazy, but perhaps need some down time?

Nah, I'm definitely lazy. I could have all the down time in the world and never do anything, ahem, productive with it. Or, well, what most people would consider productive. I think it's productive because I'm enjoying myself, but I'm not getting anything done in particular.

I wonder if you feel the same about museums as you do about past history? Is it the message or the historical events themselves that interest you?

Not so much the message, but more the implication behind them? The reason these events occurred, what they influenced, what could have happened if said events didn't occur. What those that lived through the events experienced and felt in the moment.

What suggestions (of your mbti type) have your peers given you in the past?

Honestly, I only have one person (the one who introduced me to MBTI) who ever suggested a type for me. She usually fluctuates between ENFP and INFP with me, though there was a short period of time she felt I was an ISTJ. She changed her mind back to INFP, not long after though.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
First off, I question if you have the proper perception of sensing and intuition.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I will admit that my understanding of Si is very weak. But I feel I have a decent grasp on Ne, in that it constantly comes up with new ideas but does not dig into them deeply (as Ni would). Se, in my understanding, is in the moment (something I fail at, greatly, my mind is always elsewhere). But, Si, I will admit, stumps me. So perhaps I don't use Ne as strongly as I feel I do, simply because I don't grasp the meaning of Si.

I will say, that I know Fe and Fi well enough to know that I do not use Fe (and can't be an ISFJ, and I love ISFJs pieces). I am definitely a Fi user, and potentially a Fi-dom.

Now, off I go to look into Si more, since I'm stumped. Lol.

Universal mind

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I will admit that my understanding of Si is very weak. But I feel I have a decent grasp on Ne, in that it constantly comes up with new ideas but does not dig into them deeply (as Ni would). Se, in my understanding, is in the moment (something I fail at, greatly, my mind is always elsewhere). But, Si, I will admit, stumps me. So perhaps I don't use Ne as strongly as I feel I do, simply because I don't grasp the meaning of Si.

I will say, that I know Fe and Fi well enough to know that I do not use Fe (and can't be an ISFJ, and I love ISFJs pieces). I am definitely a Fi user, and potentially a Fi-dom.

To be fair, I'm no expert on functions. I only know the basics. I could very well be wrong. You are pretty articulate, so I could be wrong. Some times I feel like our ages have an influence on our functions, but thats just my theory.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
To be fair, I'm no expert on functions. I only know the basics. I could very well be wrong. You are pretty articulate, so I could be wrong. Some times I feel like our ages have an influence on our functions, but thats just my theory.

Yeah, I think your age determines where you are in development, and the strength with which you use it. I think the environment you're raised in can effect things too. I think Sensors and Intuitives can often come across as being the other because they were raised in an environment where they were around more of the other type and had to adjust accordingly.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I'm sick and on my phone so I can't give you links and I'm bad at typing people but I have some good threads for you to look at. I've created various threads on Si you can find if you look at my created threads. I think it was Starry who created "the people's esfj" thread also that talks about how sfjs mistyped as NFPs. I'd link you if I was athinking my.computer. I just wanted to pop in to let you know about those threads though, as I'm an isfj who is super not isfj-like

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm sick and on my phone so I can't give you links and I'm bad at typing people but I have some good threads for you to look at. I've created various threads on Si you can find if you look at my created threads. I think it was Starry who created "the people's esfj" thread also that talks about how sfjs mistyped as NFPs. I'd link you if I was athinking my.computer. I just wanted to pop in to let you know about those threads though, as I'm an isfj who is super not isfj-like

Thank you! I'll definitely check them out! :hug:

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I've decided to go ahead and redo some of these questionnaires since it has been two years, and look at the answers I originally posted in the beginning of this thread, I can see some changes. Things that I'm less unsure of, or that have simply changed entirely.

Do as you'd like. Completely ignore this if you want. This is mostly for my own comparison. But, if you see anything that sticks out, I'm open to discussion!

Quoted is my old answer.

-----

If I'm questioning anything, it's my Enneagram. I'm still sure of my ISFP typing. I'm more questioning because I'm just in a much better place and my answers have changed and I'd like to see if that actually changes your type.​

Comfort. Freedom. The feeling of being so secure that I can do anything I want (like travel) without having to worry about finances. Why? Probably because I spent so long suffering a lot of financial burden that I didn't to a lot of the traveling I desired. Now with more financial security I can actually do those things.​

]3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I have a steady job that I genuinely enjoy doing, and I work with people that are wonderful to be around. There's no drama or gossip, everyone gets along. Again, I finally have a great deal of financial stability that I never had before, and it's brought me so much peace. I'm also finally at peace with not being in a romantic relationship, and I'm not worried about finding "The One".​

Being corrected in conversations where it's considered that I "don't know what I'm talking about". Makes me sick to my stomach and really embarrassed.​

I depend on instinct a lot. Whether or not something feels right.​

(This is one of those things that really changed.) I love working on the smaller details, the tiny things that eventually add up to something big and useful. I didn't realize this was something I enjoyed doing until I got to work in the cataloging department at the library. I could pick MARC records apart for days.​

Probably my trip to antique shopping recently. Found a treasure of a desk from the late 1800's. I don't think it would have been nearly as fun if it hadn't been an outing with my mom.​

Reading about it. If there's a solid list of directions, I can manage it on my own. But I don't mind being shown how to do something either. Just...don't tell me without writing it down and expect me to remember every step.​

If it's work related, it's organized. If it's at home, not so much. Organized chaos, I suppose.​

I look for the information. I'm really skeptical of anything that comes out and says the opposite of what "experts" have been telling us for years, and now they've suddenly changed it. In all honestly, I'm just skeptical of a lot of things in general. I feel like there's a lot of emphasis put on "ideas" anymore and not on anything actually tangible.​

A little bit of both, actually. I like being myself, and I think it's important to stay true to that. But I also think it's important to be aware of how "you" effect others. Everything we say and do effects others, and I'd never want "being myself" to be harmful to someone in anyway.​

Think before speaking. (This apparently hasn't changed.) Goes with the above answer. What you say effects others. I also just prefer to sound like I know what I'm talking about, so I think about it first. Definitely one-on-one. I can handle group conversations, but I'll probably tune out at some point, or break off into a one-on-one.​

It depends on the situation. There are instances where thinking first can be a bit detrimental, and I'd like to think that when it matters, I'd act before questioning myself. However, there are situations where calculating the risk is important too. As for actions vs. words. Words are easy to manipulate. It's easy to know what to say, how to say it. My ex was really good at that. I used to be a big Words of Affirmation person, but now I'd prefer to be with someone who shows me how they feel rather than says it. You can say whatever you'd like, but an actual action requires some kind of thought and commitment.​
I generally like to know where I'm jumping, first. Especially if it's something I've never done before. -- I think words are to easy to manipulate to get what you want, but your behavior and actions are harder to control, because they're usually more deeply ingrained and impulsive reactions. So yes, actions speak louder than words

Yeah, I'm not going out. Should've called earlier. Literally all of my friends know this, lol.​

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?​
I'll shut down, mostly. Especially if it's related to a person. Then I might rant to a close friend or family.​

MANIPULATION. Anyone that shows any sign of trying to manipulate anyone to get what they want loses all respect. I hate it.​

Mostly everything? I can manage small talk pretty well, if it gets deeper, I have to know you fairly well. I avoid politics mostly on the basis that I'm not about to tell someone how they should think or feel, and I think it's actually really manipulate to try and do so. No one person is the same, you aren't going to share the same beliefs or thoughts with everyone. Move on, there are better things to do with your time.​

Romantic relationships. This was at the forefront for a very long time, but now I'm just...happy. I'm good. I have other things to do.​

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
That I'm nice, lol. I am, mostly. I'm just very good at filtering out my mean thoughts. They'd probably never say that I'm mean, lol.​

Depends on my mood. Some days I want to go exploring, like hiking or antiquing or to a museum or going somewhere new. Other days I wanna stay home and read on the porch with my pets.​

------

This was significantly more time consuming than I intended, lol.