• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire extravaganza (or maybe not)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Overall you give me a very INxP vibe. I would lean towards INTP as you seem more Ti than Fi.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Questionnaire extravaganza..? So you want me to link every test I know of?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
unless they were extremely ridiculous. In that case I get opinionated. I get aggressively opinionated if someone’s beliefs hurt anybody. I do believe, and I think that this is one of the very few values I actually have, that we must give to anybody the opportunity to do and think what they want until it clashes with anybody’s freedom.
This actually sounds like Fi. Ti is not necessary an arguing function, they keep a lot to themselves, but they don't care as much about the feelings of others, or the freedom. They care more about accuracy.

I dislike when discussions get too aggressive and personal.
Could suggest lack of Se, but then nobody really likes that.

During middle school, maybe to prove something, I felt disapproval when the other kids weren’t as duteous and correct as I was.
This could suggest Ti, but not necessary.

but everything that distinguishes me from the others is negative, and doesn’t even distinguish me as there are lots of people with those characteristics.
Fi would be more aware of their character and they probably wouldn't say something like this, so I think FP is not your type.

I don’t trust my gut at all. It’s too much prone to idealizing or, viceversa, catastrophizing.
That actually sounds like weak intuition.

Anything done alone can possibly energize me except for having to study facts or dates.
This sounds nothing like Ti. They love to analyze and to study dates and facts.

But I’m really concerned in others’ approval, so it’s complicated.
Doesn't sound like TP at all, you seem to be interested in other people, their opinion and emotion too much.

To be honest your questionnaire doesn't show much. Your answers are very general and impersonal. [MENTION=29978]apathylex[/MENTION]

Can you answer these for me? :

What do you enjoy doing? What activities make you feel good, what makes you feel tired/vulnerable?
What do you like in people? What do you dislike in people?
Do you have any goals in life? If so what are they?

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
This actually sounds like Fi. Ti is not necessary an arguing function, they keep a lot to themselves, but they don't care as much about the feelings of others, or the freedom. They care more about accuracy.

I have an INTP friend who gets really hurt when someone's opinion clashes with somebody's lifestyle. One time a mutual friend said rude things to me. At the time I blew him off and we're fine now, but my INTP friend said he's still very hurt with what the other friend said to me. Is this inferior Fe? hsuhuehsr

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18559]Fay[/MENTION]

I think that's because I try to support every side while I try to express what I think. I don't want to get biased by assuming that I'm this or that. That's also why I keep on changing my type. I keep on finding new clues that would support various thesis.
I also think that my interest in people comes from my anxiety. Or viceversa. I never really got through being bullied in middle school, so I started trying to understand what the others really think. My anxiety eventually evolved in always looking for approval by the others. It's more like "this happened to me because of that. That time I hadn't read that clue. I have to see if that clue verifies again. Otherwise, if I find a way to be liked, I won't have to worry about it happening again." But I'm really bad at reading body language, situations and generally the emotions that the others may or may not show.
[I'm actually decent at reading others by following a cause-possible effects approach, but it requires time and not being too involved in the situation. If X happened or Y did that, it may be because of A, B or C or may lead to D, F or G. But if then happened or Y did that, that's surely to support the A thesis]
I also have to point out that the "the world is how it actually appears to be" thing came out after a bad experience. I got so stucked in reanalyzing it that I concluded that the mystake had been in my mind and I was too aloof and prone to idealizing. So I wanted to prevent that.

Whatever. Too verbose, again.

What do you enjoy doing? What activities make you feel good, what makes you feel tired/vulnerable?
A costant in my life has always been "I'm good only at learning things". When I had the time I would close myself in my room for days reading about pretty much everything -I've always been attracted to science ever since I was a child. I took up by myself many subjects and dropped them as I started to feel bored and even tried manual activities (realistic drawing, origamis, playing instruments just to list some. One of the things I would more often ask my dad was "how does this work?". As a child I would stop and look enchanted at the gears of a lever and slowly try to understand how it worked.
Right now I wouldn't say it changed that much. A few weeks ago I broke the display of my mobile phone. I googled up how to safely remove it and, using a sharp object, digged inside the glass to see what I would find. I then ended up reading about what are liquid crystals, which lead me back to reread about optics.
The only thing that really makes me feel bad is when I can't do something alone, even if it is something I like. Being with others it's like having a trojan working in background sucking up all my RAM. Team sports make me feel useless and awkward as well. The fact that I don't exist at all in the here and now, I'm really aloof -that's why I'm often blamed for being weird- plus company makes a deadly combo. I also get messed up when I have to face strong displays of emotion. I just don't know what I should do when it happens. When a teacher of mine died all the other girls cried and dedicated letters to her. I just stood aside, even at the funeral, while I couldn't feel anything.
What do you like in people? What do you dislike in people?
I've always had a love-hate relationship with people. You already got it. That's how I landed in typology and psychology, I just wanted to understand what makes them tick as I wasn't able to do that by myself. I wouldn't say that I love anything about them, but not in a negative mean: everything seems fine to me because I honestly don't care. I'm too accepting, I guess.
I just dislike when I perceive people as incompetent or too harsh, as I already said. That's the only thing. I don't love nor hate people if seen as a whole, I'm indifferent to that.
Another thing is that I have a really bad relationship to deadlines and doing activities quickly. I can't stand not having the opportunity of following my own pace, I need to explore every way I could possibly verify or disprove something, I just freak out. Just following a straight line of reasoning feels incomplete to me.
Do you have any goals in life? If so what are they?
Short term: picking up a university (probably chemistry but I'm scared that choosing something that I'm too good at and that I really love would actually make me hate it. Again) and move away from my home. I enjoy imagining a new life far from here just because I find it rather fascinating. I actually already chose to move many times in the past, everytime hoping in a fresh new start. I think that it was Lucretius that wrote some lines about the uselessness of changing our surroundings when the problem is actually inside of us. And probably a lot of other authors that I don't know. So wrong sentence. Whatever;
I'd like to resume studying russian. I had studied it by myself and I loved it, but high school sucked so many energies from me that I had to quit it. I've recently also been working on how to code a keylogger to test on my family, but never really had the energy to complete it. End some videogames (Steam's black friday sales left me broken).
Long term: maybe find the time to meet a psychologist to talk about my anxiety. I think that would be the key for a better living. Or generally just work on my faults. I generally can't stand being a drama queen.

[MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION] Definitely yes, that was the idea before the energy streak ended and I fell asleep on the keyboard.

Honestly, you're difficult to type, at least for me. I can see how your interest in many different things can be Ne, the fact that you like to learn and you experiment with the possibilities of what you can do sounds Ne too.
Since you have social anxiety, I think it's difficult to say if you really are an introvert in a Jungian sense or if it's the anxiety that makes you introverted.
As far as Ti vs. Fi go... I have no idea, but you overall come across as more logical than emotional, but then Fi can come across as cold so I don't want to fall into stereotypes. The way you're quite liberal and tolarnt towards others is a pacifistic view more assoicted with Fi than Ti. Also you seem to be interested in self development which is as well more Fi than Ti.

How much would you say you are aware of your own emotional state? How much does your emotional state influence your decisions? How important is it for you to have a sense of identity?
How much would you say you are aware of logical difficulities in yourself and others? How much do you need to make sure you are presented with the right and corret solutions and answers? How much do you enjoy to analyze logical causes?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an INTP friend who gets really hurt when someone's opinion clashes with somebody's lifestyle. One time a mutual friend said rude things to me. At the time I blew him off and we're fine now, but my INTP friend said he's still very hurt with what the other friend said to me. Is this inferior Fe? hsuhuehsr

This doesn't really sound like inferior Fe tbh. Inferior Fe is more abou being unaware of social causes, customs, misinterpreting social situations. IxTPs might feel insecure in relationships, they might have troubles judging the emotional distance betweem them oters, they migth get suspicious of other's motives and sometimes they might say nasty things without realizing it. They might be unaware of social atmosphere around, or how to fit in. Sometimes they can put themselves in a positions of social rebels or outcast when they decide to totally ignore the social norms because to them they seem irrational and illogical.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is either all or nothing. I think my emotional side is quite like an eleven year old who likes to bitch around. I've come through some losses in state of complete apathy. What would upset me wasn't the fact per se, but what I would sense from the environment, a negative vibe. I couldn't feel anything that was actually mine.
On the other hand, my friends know me for being really bad at handling breakups. I'm usually not willing to disclose my feelings to others, but that's when I get extremely irrational (also because I had always ended up idealizing my SO). I think I can understand what's going on inside my brain -or heart- on a basic level. I rationally know if my reaction is exaggerated just by "looking at me from the outside".
When taking decisions I always first evaluate pros and cons. But it has happened many times that I got emotional and fucked up. I ended up acting on impulse because my emotional side, the bitchy child, had taken control. I've always thought that my rational side is wiser and more mature so I should listen to it more. It's the side that I know has less chance of failing because it follows strict rules.
I don't honestly know what identity is. As I said, it's statistically impossible. We are seven billion people on Earth. Even for really rare diseases we normally have quite a few contemporary examples. How could I even demand to be unique? I can know what I am, of course. Or better, what I am not right now, as it's constantly changing and it's easier to identify what is not than what is. I can feel like I belong somewhere, maybe. But to what? Why? To a family? We share part of our genetic heritage, but that's not enough. To a race? We are all human beings. That doesn't make sense either. To a place? Again, is there a reason to make it rational?
On the other hand, it's not that I'm completely unaware of others' logical difficulties. But I tend to label that maybe too quickly as lack of intelligence. And so dismiss any further thing as useless. I'm the one who loves to explain what has just learnt and is willing to repeat it one time, but not a single more. This also applies to me, of course, as I get irritated if I don't understand something immediately.
One of the first pseudo-philosophic thoughts I made growing up (and I put the pseudo before because it is predictable that a pre teen thought is immature) was kind of relativistic- I actually was surprised by how close I had got to the sophists' first relativism. I can't get to an absolute Thruth, even if I really want and try to (and I really do), as it'd be always mediated by my senses. And they are fallacious. The only way I can try to get closer and closer to that Thruth is just by examining every possibility. The actual version of myself takes this all for granted, as I think it should be, but for the age I was I felt proud.
One thing I can almost know for sure are logical causes, even if they can too get confused (sometimes it's hard to understand what links A, B and C. Causes are always one of my main focuses when speaking, (i.e.: the Trump discussion example in the first post). I've always liked to find them out. I can't get satisfied by knowing that something is like that, I also want to know why.

I am not sure, but I think INTP is ok

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
This doesn't really sound like inferior Fe tbh. Inferior Fe is more abou being unaware of social causes, customs, misinterpreting social situations. IxTPs might feel insecure in relationships, they might have troubles judging the emotional distance betweem them oters, they migth get suspicious of other's motives and sometimes they might say nasty things without realizing it. They might be unaware of social atmosphere around, or how to fit in. Sometimes they can put themselves in a positions of social rebels or outcast when they decide to totally ignore the social norms because to them they seem irrational and illogical.

Couldn't his attitude fit into inferior Fe precisely because of his uncertain on how to act/show affection in a friendship scenario? I see it like this: he likes me but is not quite sure how to show that, so when I was hurt he >>really<< took my pains in a way to show that he cares, but since his Fe is inferior therefore he is not quite aware of the appropriate reaction, he really blew it out of proportion. All with great intentions though.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
]SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE[/B]

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

My feelings would be really confused. I'd be torn between respecting his will and mine. I wouldn't exactly feel sorrow, just a nebulous mix of negative feelings and sensations. I'd then rationalize it (even by always hoping he'd survive) and start to prepare myself for the unavoidable. I'd go find him at the hospital, but less and less often. I think I'd re-read about the seven phases of grief.
I have to point out that this is different by how I'd act if this happened to a relative. When my grandma had a stroke I refused to see her. Even if we knew she was going to die really soon, in a matter of days, I always refused to see her or then to go to her funeral. I literally felt detached by how the events were turning, in complete denial. I didn't feel grief until I entered her house when she was dead. I said to myself "just imagine that she's on a journey and extend it for the rest of your life". What I was feeling was coming more from Si, spotting the differences with the past and having to accept them.

Your reaction seems to suggest lower feeling as you are clearly uncomfortable and see your emotions as confusing so a xxTx type.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
I think him. And thinking about all the things that would be different more than the person. I'd enter romaticizing mode -imagining myself as the protagonist of some sort of drama.

Not sure what to make of here,
SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?
I'd quickly evaluate pros and cons. I already have finished my work, there's no way I can get caught, so why not? I'm usually the girl who helps everyone in her class with their assignments, but just because I like to explain what I have learnt and this way it can be made useful. I am usually willing to explain just one time before I get bored. One condition is that I don't teach to people who aren't nice to me, I'd feel they would be taking advantage of me.

You seem to be a Ti/Fe user as you help others (Fe) but for a Ti agenda (Liking to explain what you have learnt). xxFJ or xxTP.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
"Why not?" There are no cons.

This shows that Ti/Te is probably not your dom function as someone with dom Ti/Te would want to see all the pros and cons.
SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?
Project 2. Definitely. I just can't work in group. I have to be the one who deeply analyzes her work by herself, without any other mind getting in the way. I wouldn't care much about having impact on the company, just getting the job done by myself.

Introverted Ti user as you don't show any Te and you want to deeply ananyze something (Ti) plus you want to work alone (Ixxx)
- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

Broad project (yeah, it's okay)
Potential impact (meeh, I don't care)
Collective effort (NO.)
Group work (NO.)

Total: 2 cons, 1 pro, 1 neutral

Specific work (it's okay)
In depth analysis (yup)
Alone time (GOD YES)
Impact not garanted (I don't care)

Total: 3 pros, 1 neutral

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behaviour in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
I can't work in group, I have to take time and analyze everything by myself. I'd tell that, "just assign me something and I'll be back". I'd understand that they would be more useful than me to the project and, if their ideas strike me as logically correct, leave all the work to them. If they don't, I'd be sitting in the corner pointing out their mistakes.

You show Ti here as you are ananyizing without getting out there like someone with Se or Ne would.
- Describe what major influences drive this behaviour
Just needing time to analyze and internally process things, that would be the main influence on me.

Again Ti here
SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?
I would just play some videogames. Surf the internet, listen to some music. Generally solitary activities. Saturday evening I usually hang out with my friends, but I feel it as draining, not energizing/relaxing

Strong preference for introvertsion.
- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
Studying what I like and I decided to study. Playing videogames, just generally being by myself.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counsellor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

1. Scientist
2. Computer Programmer/Analyst
3. Psychologist

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?
Until a year ago it would've been really hard. I'd have chosen also (besides those three) artist, engineer, and medical doctor, with the latter taking second position in my ranking. I still find it hard to chose my future career as I'm always coming out with new ideas. One time I even considered attending a canine trainer course.

You seem Ne as in general Ni/Se users are more certain about what they want to do in the future while you seem to be more Ne (Seeing different possbilllites).

- Prioritise the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfilment and why?

Doing and studying what I like. I like to understand how things work. As a psychologist, I'd also consider having the chance to help others+having the chance to understand how people work.
Also having to work with things instead of people helped me to choose. I'd basically be alone doing my thing, without having to give commands to anybody.

This shows a weak Je as you don't want to give commands and a preference for thnking as you want to work with things which means IxTP (Weak Je and thinking preference).
SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

The colors above all. I tried to understand wheter it is a photo or a drawing, then I read "paintedcanyon" and decided it is a drawing. It reminded me of a Tomb Raider scene (maybe 'cause I'm playing it this days).
Then I thought "wait, why are there so many green trees in such a inhopitable place?" So it must really be a drawing, the artist draw them to communicate something.
There isn't much more to say. It's a canyon with a river flowing, some rocks, some trees, and a nice light contrast.
I also remembered my father saying something about when he visited the Grand Canyon.

This seems Si to me as you are drawing upon past experience to explain the picture and noticed the image was a drawing ruling out inferior sensing.
- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?
The general effect of the colors, why the artist decided to draw something specifically there, just looking at the drawing.

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
I don't know, I can't give a judgement, just note what I think

Overall you are INTP as you show lots of Ti with inferior Fe in the 1st question and you show bits of Ne and Si.

Litsnob

[MENTION=27129]Litsnob[/MENTION]
INTP from that one. But its answers are really stereotypical. Plus I think the problem with my functions is the order, not Ti vs Fi. Right now Si-Ti and Ti-Si could both work.
I've been in this over-thinking stage too. It took me a long time to work out whether I was INFJ or INTJ because I can do/use functions that are not in my preference stack and some of them I can use quite well. It wasn't until the light clicked on and I understood that I needed to sort out what I prefer to do over what I can do. I figured this out in part by realising that I was getting really irritated because I'd been taught to value harmony over facts or truth and taught that it was right to value it higher. So I was struggling with being told even indirectly, that my preference, my behaviour and my values were wrong. Perhaps you can identify some type of struggle or frustration like that for yourself. Or perhaps not and time will tell.

If you are Si-Ti you would be ISFJ and more likely not to be bothered by all of this because you just want a peaceful existence without so much thinking and fussing. If you are Ti-Si you would be INTP and the way and the contents of your thinking still signals INTP to me.

In short: See if you can sort out what you prefer from what you can do. Good luck. :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You strike me as Ni dominant, I have no strong read on the auxiliary to share.

I say so because you seem to speak about yourself in terms of trends and speculations.

edit: regarding auxiliary, this

1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty I don't think there's an absolute concept of beauty. At all. Its definition has been changing many times throughout history and still changes from person to person. Like everything, it's subjective. It's hard to grasp the truth because our perception is hindered by our senses and perceptions (there's actually another long speech to be made about that so I'll cut it short).
Regarding people, there is a sort of "beauty formula" that defines the proportions of the face in order to be considered beautiful. It is somehow still valid nowadays even if it comes from ancient Greece (kalos kai agathos, when all virtues were "synthesized" by beauty. But it has been recently dismanteled as there actually are some actors who are considered to be beautiful whose face don't respect "the mask".
I don't remember exactly, but if I'm not right it's all based upon the golden ratio. And this leads my speech to what I personally find to possess beauty: maths. Mathematical demonstrations. Anything with a logic that flows. I find it beautiful how some rules and signs (which itself reassume ideas) can possibly explain everything. The only times I stopped thinking "wow, this is beautiful" were while studying maths and physics.

starts off with a disclaimer that it is subjective and based on an individual's perspective, typical of Ni. Then, I believe you use Fe in that your explanation seems to be focused on explaining it to someone like a teacher, and you quickly mention people. Then, when you go back to talking about yourself (or rather subjectively/first person, using "I"), it is a mention of mathematics (going to Ti).

So to me you seem to be: INFJ

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
apathylex said:
I think I use lots of Si, so I'm confused. I often look back to my memories and compare those to what is happening. They get out like déjà vus. I have an handy-dandy map based on past experiences and deductions of mine. I have the problem of not being able to move from the past, sometimes.

Could you please go into more detail regarding this process?

Ni tends to relate what is occurring to an idea that has been understood previously, perhaps represented by an image including a memory. Ni can often be dreamlike and so could have things like deja vu. Also Ni could get stuck in the past, I suspect this could relate to what you said about branches that lead out into certain future states being cut.

So it still fits with Ni dominant. Also the things you said about being out of touch with the reality could suggest Ni dominance, although perhaps any N with weaker sensing.

Also there are going to be differences between 2 people of the same type.

So if you could describe the role that memories play in your cognition some more I can compare to myself (INFJ) and see if I can relate.

Also, what makes you think you would be a strong Ne user? I could maybe see the pattern based observations as Ne, but they seem so easily applied to yourself whereas Ne I would think would deal with things external to the person. And the focus you have on explaining things strikes me as J.

Convince me of INTP :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hmm yes, open ended/laying out possible scenarios... does sound more Ne. I'll have to wait a bit for my understanding of the functions to update xD

(actually, that's a really neat way to explain my own thought processes.. it's like my mind is constantly running updates centred around certain key themes related to myself or my interests)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, my opinion is still that you are INFJ, but exploring the different aspects of other types/functions in yourself, perhaps Ni-Ti loop.

If you say that you notice clear differences with Ni dominants, do you notice differences as well with Ti dominants or do you feel that you're thinking in much the same way as them?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Unfortunately I only know another INTP, and male. We share a similar vibe, interests and reasoning, but, also due to my anxiety and some bad experiences, I'm a lot more sensitive. (In fact IRL I often come as an INFP to the ones I asked to type me). He seems a more relaxed, more socially acceptable, version of my younger self. I wonder if I could've become like him if I didn't engage in all that anxiety.

Anxiety itself is going to make you wonder what if things were different. Seeing the good as resulting from taking the other route goes hand in hand with projecting the future as unpleasant.

I have a lot of anxiety too, socially especially. So as a result I don't engage my Fe quite that often, although I've heard that social anxiety can also have the opposite effect depending on how the person handles it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I think I understood. It's probably socionics Ni you're seeing. I tried taking a few tests, and I score the highest on alpha (Ti/Fe - Ne/Si) [ILE and LII] followed by beta (Ti/Fe - Ni/Se) with high Ni. But referring to MBTI, I still see myself as a Si user (sense of past, focus on the body and its reactions, using past information as a guide more than raw intuition, which I absolutely don't have).
MBTI Si can partly translate to socionics Ni (sense of time, etcetera).

Hmm, well the thing about Ni... is that I might not have been seeing something that was really there. I was just in a state of mind where it seemed as though I was.

My typing would have sat with you for a while now... so if you're still convinced that you're an Si user rather than Ni, then most likely you are.