• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type the untypble brain. (Pretend you dont know what type i am)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I would be very upset and shocked about the news. I would then feel angry but i would not resent my former girlfriend as i would understand why she wanted to break it off as she probably didn't want to burden me or upset me by putting me through the pain of seeing my SO waste away. The negotiations behind my feelings are based on how i feel myself about my former SO and my love for her. I would want to look after her but if she didn't want me to be involved with her i would respect her wishes. Through this i would really be upset and emotional.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

The primary focus of my feelings towards this matter would be as i said earlier based on what i thought was the right thing to do. For example i would ask my SO if she wanted me to be with her while she was dying from the cancer as i would care for her. I would not want my SO to think that i had abandoned her on my end even though logically it was her choice.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I would not help them but i would be willing to explain the material as i do think that it can be good to give someone a helping hand now and again. I would help them as it would make me feel better about myself and i get a good feeling when i have done good for someone. They may be very intelligent just not learning well from lectures which i can relate to as However after i helped them pass i would then talk to them and tell them to consider if they are doing the right subjects. I love helping people in general and what makes me feel better is that i have a positive influence on other peoples lives.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

The strongest influence here would be my inner moral compass telling me to aid this person. Other factors would be pity for this person as i would hate for them to waste their time and tuition fees to just fail the course. On my end it would be to feel good about helping this person as i would feel terrible if i left them to suffer and sink. I believe that the world would be a better place if everyone was willing to help and i follow this principle as much as i can when practical. This belief stems from being taught that it is bad to be unhelpful.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

I lean more towards project 1 as it would expose me to a wide variety of different topics and activities, project 2 seems terribly boring and i would lack stimulation. Plus it is awesome to have an impact on things. I prefer to logically process infomation the way project 2 does however as i prefer to use my own internal logic not abide by others logic.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

What most influenced me in the top project is that i would get to apply my logic to the outside world and work on many different types of projects. The second project appeals to me as i would get to have a peaceful time working by myself plus i do not have to abide by the logic of other people but it would get boring after a long while.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behaviour in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

I would inwardly analyse the ideas being thrown about to determine if they are logical and practical. Meanwhile i would myself be brainstorming with the others and using other ideas as a stepping stone to other ideas so to speak.
- Describe what major influences drive this behaviour.

The main influences for throwing the ideas out would be to feel as i am a valuable person to the team and that they do not think i am lazy or stupid as if people start to see me as the slow slacker then it may damage my reputation at the work place and that it would be fun to think of ideas as well. I would be analysing the ideas as i would want to see if the ideas being came up with are logical.
SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

After a long week i would want to retreat to my room and surf the net,do any work that i need to do and read. In other words i want time by myself to recharge. I would be open to spending time with just one or two people however but no big parties or gatherings for me as the drain me. I may go to the library to look for a interesting book or go for a quiet walk alone to get some fresh air and think. I am down for hanging out with people and if i really enjoyed their company i would always be down for talking unless i was really stressed in which case i would probably want someone to vent to.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
I draw energy from learning things, engaging in interesting conversation with other people.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counsellor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

The top three choices for me were scientist, psychologist and medical doctor. Scientist appeals to me as it is something id be good at and i am interested in learning and understanding scientific concepts plus i may change the world in someway via a breakthrough, psychologist appeals to me as i am very interested in how the human mind works and medical doctor as again it is something id be good at and i would feel a sense of pride at saving peoples lives.
- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

It was easy to choose out of the three as i knew that the more "emotional" careers using soft skills didn't fit my skills and interests. While i am quite good at understanding other people ti would get depressing to work with people as say i worked as a psychologist i would have to daily listen to peoples problems and i would probably end up with some issues of my own. If i was a doctor i would dread many aspects of the job such as watching people die, telling grieving relatives that they are dead, the blood and gore e.t.c.

- Prioritise the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfilment and why?

The main aspect behind the career choices were that they generally would pay a good salary, they fit my interests and that there is room for growth. I imagine that scientist would be the most fulfilling as i would get the chance to perhaps conduct research and make a breakthrough or least contribute to one plus it wont put me in depressing or distressing situations like some of the others on here.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

What sounds out the most is the patch of forest in the middle of the picture. It reminds me of a third world dictator hogging all the goodies while the rest do without for some reason. I also can see it as a portal to a more lush and green area and i can imagine there is a little man waiting in the green area to lure unsuspecting travellers looking for a place to sit like out of a story. Looking to the right i am wondering what is over that direction. It could be a desert. I am wondering where in the world it is and it seems that it would make a good area to incorporate a theme park ride of sorts into as the water would allow a water ride of sorts. The water is the wealth that the third world dictator in the middle (the trees) is taking from everyone else.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

i focused on the green area as the colour strongly drew me to it and stood out in comparison to the rest of the photo which is barren and orange. The green area reminds me of wetness and thirst quenching.
- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

I have no real strong feelings on this photo but i do think it is nice. It gives me a feeling of warmth.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Pe (Ne) is obvious in the last question. You focus more on the connections and "possibilities offered by the picture rather than the "is" I can't really say what your Ji is because the the questions don't really get to the root of it all, although some of your choices for the project/career section is more T'ish.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Scenario 1: Fe, e6 phobic

Scenario 2: Fe presumably you're quite young; displaying the judgemental FJ attitude that irks FP s so.

Scenario 3: e6, so first, sp second, rational extrovert function (focus on impact above all else.).
Auxiliary/Inferior Ti (my logic is good, yours is bad; simplistic error prone.)
Potentially extrovert; some need for external stimulation? Hints of Ne

Scenario 4: Typical e6 neurosis; phobic reaction. So first sp second. Fe attempts to objectively evaluate social value.

Scenario 5: Introvert, so first

Scenario 6: Sensor pragmatic concrete specific, mixed with Fe and so instinct

ISFJ e6 so/sp/sx. A very phobic 6 almost no trace of counter-phobia; which is rare to see on typology sites. As for the ENTP 5w6 out of curiosity; you wouldn't happen to be on the autism spectrum by any chance?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Scenario 1: Fe, e6 phobic

Scenario 2: Fe presumably you're quite young; displaying the judgemental FJ attitude that irks FP s so.

Scenario 3: e6, so first, sp second, rational extrovert function (focus on impact above all else.).
Auxiliary/Inferior Ti (my logic is good, yours is bad; simplistic error prone.)
Potentially extrovert; some need for external stimulation? Hints of Ne

Scenario 4: Typical e6 neurosis; phobic reaction. So first sp second. Fe attempts to objectively evaluate social value.

Scenario 5: Introvert, so first

Scenario 6: Sensor pragmatic concrete specific, mixed with Fe and so instinct

ISFJ e6 so/sp/sx. A very phobic 6 almost no trace of counter-phobia; which is rare to see on typology sites. As for the ENTP 5w6 out of curiosity; you wouldn't happen to be on the autism spectrum by any chance?

I have considered xSFJ as well as xNTP as i use Ne/Si and Fe/Ti. I can rationize all these types. For example i use too much Fe to be INTP, too much Ne to be ISFJ, too much Si to be ENTP and too much Ti to be ESFJ. I have never been professionally diagnosed with autism but it is something i have entertained the idea of having though.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
These questions are too impersonal and not probing enough for me to really say. XNTP sounds about right from what I've seen of you around the forum.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have considered xSFJ as well as xNTP as i use Ne/Si and Fe/Ti. I can rationize all these types. For example i use too much Fe to be INTP, too much Ne to be ISFJ, too much Si to be ENTP and too much Ti to be ESFJ. I have never been professionally diagnosed with autism but it is something i have entertained the idea of having though.

I've read through more of your posts......... and to be brutally honest I think you can rule out NTP of any stripe. A lot of what I imagine you consider to be strong Ne is more reminiscent of tertiary/inferior Ne it has an incredibly forced nature to it. I suspect it is image related; you're very intent on making a particular kind of impression. Warm, zany, goofy, a likeable lad; which apart from being an unlikely demeanour is also a nuanced role to play without overplaying it. As for the Ti; it still amazes me how often recent users on this site mistake socially appropriate Fe with Ti. I assume it has something to do with the structured layout, and dearth of any NTPs or TP s. And the Fe in your posts is overwhelming; the timing, structure, content all masterfully paced for a particular presence.

SFJ is likely with NFJ being an outside chance. Enneagram e2 or e9 it really depends on how complicated your mask is. If its just about someone just trying to fit in and be liked e9; but if there is more to it e2. Social first is a given, self preservation second is likely but open to debate.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've read through more of your posts......... and to be brutally honest I think you can rule out NTP of any stripe. A lot of what I imagine you consider to be strong Ne is more reminiscent of tertiary/inferior Ne it has an incredibly forced nature to it. I suspect it is image related; you're very intent on making a particular kind of impression. Warm, zany, goofy, a likeable lad; which apart from being an unlikely demeanour is also a nuanced role to play without overplaying it. As for the Ti; it still amazes me how often recent users on this site mistake socially appropriate Fe with Ti. I assume it has something to do with the structured layout, and dearth of any NTPs or TP s. And the Fe in your posts is overwhelming; the timing, structure, content all masterfully paced for a particular presence.

SFJ is likely with NFJ being an outside chance. Enneagram e2 or e9 it really depends on how complicated your mask is. If its just about someone just trying to fit in and be liked e9; but if there is more to it e2. Social first is a given, self preservation second is likely but open to debate.

Would ESFJ be a good fit as the way you describe me seems very Fe-Ne (Putting on a zany mask to build relationships with others). If i use a overwhelming amount of Fe this would mean Fe dom. I can rule out xNFJ as i dont use Ni or Se at all. The way you desribe me reminds me of two famous ESFJs (Papyrus from Undertale and Spongebob who are both mistyped as Ne dom when they are both ESFJs).

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would ESFJ be a good fit as the way you describe me seems very Fe-Ne (Putting on a zany mask to build relationships with others). If i use a overwhelming amount of Fe this would mean Fe dom. I can rule out xNFJ as i dont use Ni or Se at all. The way you desribe me reminds me of two famous ESFJs (Papyrus from Undertale and Spongebob who are both mistyped as Ne dom when they are both ESFJs).

It would depend on how much of conscious act it was. If you choose it then auxillary Fe (more likely to be e2 as well.). If on the the other hand it was an innate moiling to the situation probably dominant Fe.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It would depend on how much of conscious act it was. If you choose it then auxillary Fe (more likely to be e2 as well.). If on the the other hand it was an innate moiling to the situation probably dominant Fe.

It is innate for me. I dont think it just all naturally comes out for me. I just love to have fun with others so i post what ever comes on my mind and what ever will entertain others.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is innate for me. I dont think it just all naturally comes out for me. I just love to have fun with others so i post what ever comes on my mind and what ever will entertain others.

Yeah ESFJ is more likely then, and probably e9 as well.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah ESFJ is more likely then, and probably e9 as well.

In general i am a very Alpha quadrant person. ESFJ seems to be a good fit. I am probably a ESFJ putting on a XNTP face but i do truly enjoy doing so. This would explain why i am often considered far less harsh and softer than the xNTP types around here. Plus i get to show that we are not stupid mindless conformists :laugh:. I shall be the ambassador for ESFJ nation. I will put in my sig ENTP/ESFJ hybrid.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general i am a very Alpha quadrant person. ESFJ seems to be a good fit. I am probably a ESFJ putting on a XNTP face but i do truly enjoy doing so. This would explain why i am often considered far less harsh and softer than the xNTP types around here. Plus i get to show that we are not stupid mindless conformists :laugh:. I shall be the ambassador for ESFJ nation. I will put in my sig ENTP/ESFJ hybrid.

I mean it's not really a NTP mask; its more like you've dialled up the Ne to 11 while being a SFJ. It's not so much an issue of harsh and hardness, it's well everything. You should have a read of The People's ENFP thread I suspect it will lead to some insight as to how you come across.

Luannguyen992

Permabanned
MBTI Type
Luan
Enneagram
Lua
Thông tin khá bổ ích, mong mọi người sẽ đóng góp nhiều hơn thông tin dạng như thế này để forum thêm phần đa dạng.

Gone

I mean it's not really a NTP mask; its more like you've dialled up the Ne to 11 while being a SFJ. It's not so much an issue of harsh and hardness, it's well everything. You should have a read of The People's ENFP thread I suspect it will lead to some insight as to how you come across.

Can I please just like this post about a million times because this thread you linked is everything.
I'm not even halfway through but it is really very insightful and it's so comforting to see that other people have reached the same conclusions as I have but which I have been constantly secondguessing because all I see floating around are some outdated stereotypes. (I guess I won't stop secondguessing them because that's just what and who I am but it's enough to give me a little confidence. Thanks.)

Sorry for interrupting, please carry on.