• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Enneagram This Time!!

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While I'm currently sorting out my mbti type, I attempting to discern my enneagram type as well. Warning!: Trying to find my type may result in headaches, blurry vision, and confusion!

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.
I have social anxiety, but I'm pretty fine overall.

(Note that some of these issues may be very personal, and if you'd prefer not to share, it's perfectly acceptable to skip questions.)
------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I've done a good bit of studying on the topic. Since enneagram is more about motivations and fears, I may need help since I don't know myself real well.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline). If there is nothing to do, Bored. mentally active, moving about.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you? My mind is fickle. I am patient, but can't stay focused on one thing for long. Finding something entertaining is my main goal. I show off when I know I wow the crowd. Helpful but won't go out of my way to do so.
b. What have others said about you? Quirky, Hilarious, kindhearted, but with a mean streak. Have a habit of playing/joking too much when others don't feel like it or at inappropriate times
c. What do you think of yourself? I can't really say.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one. To do things that I don't want to do. I don't have that drive that many have to push through with will to achieve aims.

4. You're not good at everything- I'm bad at planning my life. Career wise, nothing really appeals to me and I unwilling to reluctant to do drudgery
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt? Be organised, strict
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? Become independent, willing push through the uncomfortable.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you? All my friends left due to college and careers. I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" person. If you aren't around me in my daily life, I forget and don't stay in touch. I'm a terrible person.

6. Which types do you identify with most? 7,9,3
a. How do you relate to these types? For 7, I focus on contentment. For 9, I pretty go with the flow. And 3, I like being seen as impressive or desirable.
b. How do you NOT relate to them? For 7, I don't really matched the "scattered" description. I like being distracted with fun activities but don't necessarily plan my life around it all the time. For 9, I try to not make waves. but at the same time don't focus on "inner peace" I like some conflict" 3, Though I like being impressive, I am too much of a slacker. If it's boring, I'm reluctant to do it, even for success.

7. Which types are least like you? 1 and 4
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types? For 1, I don't care about being perfect or moral. For 4, I don't focus on cultivating a self-image or identity.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to? None

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
I can't really say I ever felt bad about myself (apart from low self-confidence).

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.
Spoiler
2- to be "okay", having it together Confused about what this means exactly
3- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause I like being part of something
5- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative I try to do things that others usually don't do.
6- to be knowlegeable I like being knowledgeable to show off
7- to be powerful, strong, unassailable. I like putting up a strong front, but know it's not me
8- to be accomplished and successful I like to show off, but not for success.
9- to strive to become/behave like a good person Me behave?
1- to be a loveable person I just like being liked.
4- to be loving and benevolent I try to be nice, but loving is not fitting for me.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:
Spoiler
- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectible
I can't really say any of these fit me. I would say that it would not be able to do the fun things I want to do whether it be due to social anxiety or it being unacceptable to some.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:
Spoiler
9- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
2- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
3- Weak and not being on top of things
4- Failure
7- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
6- Entanglements and losing what I have
8- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
5- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
1- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.
I can't really say. I don't really have a set fear. My focus is day to day

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The overall impression i get is 7w6. You seem to be a primary 7 but you dont have the aggression or "out there" of a 7w8 but your social anxiety would temper any of the extroverted aggressive types so it is hard to tell. Would you say you are more of a clown/entertainer type (7w6) or a a adrenaline junkie/edgy rebel type (7w8). However answer the questions below for a better picture of your E type.

State which of the following three attitudes you have towards the following emotions (Do you express,repress or interlize each of the emotions below).

Anger

Shame

Fear

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The overall impression i get is 7w6. You seem to be a primary 7 but you dont have the aggression or "out there" of a 7w8 but your social anxiety would temper any of the extroverted aggressive types so it is hard to tell. Would you say you are more of a clown/entertainer type (7w6) or a a adrenaline junkie/edgy rebel type (7w8). However answer the questions below for a better picture of your E type.

State which of the following three attitudes you have towards the following emotions (Do you express,repress or interlize each of the emotions below).
Anger

Shame

Fear

Yeah, Before I had social anxiety, I was outgoing and a bit aggressive, punched many people (from my uncle to my optometrist). I was never really a rebel; I often was the teacher's pet, so more w6. My triad focus would go like this Fear, Gut, then Image. Can't really say if I internalize/externalize, though I did externalize anger when younger.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It seems that you show both 7w6 (Being a teachers pet which i think could also be 6w7 and 7w8 (Being the aggressive outgoing one). Being aggressive doesn't mean you are 8 or 8 fixed as I myself being one of the least aggressive tritypes (529) and I have physically attacked people when angered excessively even though most of the time I am timid and passive. 7 is a fear type. Would you say that you relate to distracting yourself from your fears which 7s do.

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w8 mostly, with 7w6 as my second choice.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say I do. Distracting myself is my main form of coping.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are a 7 then as you give a very strong 7 vibe and distracting yourself is a very 7 way to cope. Now to find the wings which description do you relate to more. (Imagine yourself without social anxiety as this will mask your true type). (I have myself considered being a 7 not a 5 as i have social anxiety myself and when i am confident i become much more 7 like)

7w6 - Seeking Stimulation and Security

Healthy Sevens with a 6 wing are responsible, faithful, lovable, nervous and funny. They are generally more oriented to relationship and want to be accepted by other people. Can be steady, more willing to stick with commitments; the 6 wing brings a longer sense of time. Usually funny or enjoy a good laugh - an amazing number of comedians are Sevens with a 6 wing. More openly vulnerable, have an unguarded, tender sweetness. Some have trouble expressing anger even when they are justified. May evade or finesse authority but still aware of it like a 6. Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes. When more entranced, may have surprise episodes of sensitivity and insecurity. Their feelings can be easily hurt sometimes. Sensitive especially to comparisons. May avoid putting themselves to the test. Grow dependent and addicted to other people, afraid to be alone, suspicious and skittish. Can feel guilt easily, may project their conscience onto others and then act irresponsibly. Make themselves shallow, fall in and out of love easily. Sometimes breezily betray others by running away. Can be reckless, unstable, and self-destructive. When Sevens have a counterphobic 6 wing their idealism can motivate a sincere desire for social reform. May work hard for a cause. Can be antiauthority, passive/aggressive, flippant, defiant. Some report hating to be told what to do. Clashes with Ones likely. May call down trouble on themselves. Complain about the status quo. The realm of hippie rebellion.

7w8 - Seeking Stimulation and Power

When healthy, Sevens with an 8 wing are often generous, gregarious and expansive. Tend to be exceptionally loyal to their friends, especially when social subtype. Leap aggressively to the defense of those they care for. Might seem loud or boisterous although some are urbane and witty. Enjoy social celebrations, storytelling, jokes, food and travel. Generally have a strong self-confidence for worldly matters and getting what they want. Talent for making something out of nothing - entrepreneurial. Usually share what they have when healthy, want everyone to enjoy their sense of bounty and wide range of interests. When more entranced, they may be demanding, displaying a selfish impatience and a self-justifying narcissism. May want what they want right now. Aggressive, hasty drive to acquire money and material options and recognition. Can demand that the people in their lives say only what the Seven wants to hear - sugarcoated truth. Lash out angrily if reality doesn't meet their expectations; sometimes vengeful. Often perfectionistic as parents (low side of 1). Moralize to others and then are themselves irresponsible. Amnesia for promises made in an expansive moment. Particular difficulty with sexual fidelity.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are a 7 then as you give a very strong 7 vibe and distracting yourself is a very 7 way to cope. Now to find the wings which description do you relate to more. (Imagine yourself without social anxiety as this will mask your true type). (I have myself considered being a 7 not a 5 as i have social anxiety myself and when i am confident i become much more 7 like)

7w6 - Seeking Stimulation and Security

Healthy Sevens with a 6 wing are responsible, faithful, lovable, nervous and funny. They are generally more oriented to relationship and want to be accepted by other people. Can be steady, more willing to stick with commitments; the 6 wing brings a longer sense of time. Usually funny or enjoy a good laugh - an amazing number of comedians are Sevens with a 6 wing. More openly vulnerable, have an unguarded, tender sweetness. Some have trouble expressing anger even when they are justified. May evade or finesse authority but still aware of it like a 6. Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes. When more entranced, may have surprise episodes of sensitivity and insecurity. Their feelings can be easily hurt sometimes. Sensitive especially to comparisons. May avoid putting themselves to the test. Grow dependent and addicted to other people, afraid to be alone, suspicious and skittish. Can feel guilt easily, may project their conscience onto others and then act irresponsibly. Make themselves shallow, fall in and out of love easily. Sometimes breezily betray others by running away. Can be reckless, unstable, and self-destructive. When Sevens have a counterphobic 6 wing their idealism can motivate a sincere desire for social reform. May work hard for a cause. Can be antiauthority, passive/aggressive, flippant, defiant. Some report hating to be told what to do. Clashes with Ones likely. May call down trouble on themselves. Complain about the status quo. The realm of hippie rebellion.

7w8 - Seeking Stimulation and Power

When healthy, Sevens with an 8 wing are often generous, gregarious and expansive. Tend to be exceptionally loyal to their friends, especially when social subtype. Leap aggressively to the defense of those they care for. Might seem loud or boisterous although some are urbane and witty. Enjoy social celebrations, storytelling, jokes, food and travel. Generally have a strong self-confidence for worldly matters and getting what they want. Talent for making something out of nothing - entrepreneurial. Usually share what they have when healthy, want everyone to enjoy their sense of bounty and wide range of interests. When more entranced, they may be demanding, displaying a selfish impatience and a self-justifying narcissism. May want what they want right now. Aggressive, hasty drive to acquire money and material options and recognition. Can demand that the people in their lives say only what the Seven wants to hear - sugarcoated truth. Lash out angrily if reality doesn't meet their expectations; sometimes vengeful. Often perfectionistic as parents (low side of 1). Moralize to others and then are themselves irresponsible. Amnesia for promises made in an expansive moment. Particular difficulty with sexual fidelity.

I am definitely more 7w6 (Though it started to sound more so variant at the end.)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am definitely more 7w6 (Though it started to sound more so variant at the end.)

Are you interested in your tritype and variants or just your main?. It seems from the profile that you are also 7w6 as you quoted "Quirky, Hilarious, kindhearted, but with a mean streak. Have a habit of playing/joking too much when others don't feel like it or at inappropriate times". The mean streak is a 7w8 influence but overall you seem far more 7w6 to me as being quirky, hilarious and kindhearted are archetypal 7w6 traits.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a decent Idea of my tritype; 792 (7w6, 9w8, 2w3 or 3w2), but it's tentative to change.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have a decent Idea of my tritype; 792 (7w6, 9w8, 2w3 or 3w2), but it's tentative to change.

I think the aggression you sometimes have would be due to the 8 on your 9w8. I would say that 7w6 9w8 at the very least fits well with your overall vibe but not sure about the final tritype. I would incline towards 2w3 or maybe even 2w1 as your sig "Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" is one of the least type 3 statements I have read (Unless you are being ironic ;)).

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the aggression you sometimes have would be due to the 8 on your 9w8. I would say that 7w6 9w8 at the very least fits well with your overall vibe but not sure about the final tritype. I would incline towards 2w3 or maybe even 2w1 as your sig "Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" is one of the least type 3 statements I have read (Unless you are being ironic ;)).

It's actually my comeback to all who challenge my hobbies.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is why I hate the image triad, I am the least aware of it. Probably represses.

Repressing your sense of shame means you are a 3. I would say 3w2 if you are a 3 as you dont give a single 4 vibe to me.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As far as I know, my variant stacking is sp/sx

I would say that seems about right to me from the overall vibe you give. I do have some 4 in me myself but only as a influence on my 5.

Rouskyrie

While I'm currently sorting out my mbti type, I attempting to discern my enneagram type as well. Warning!: Trying to find my type may result in headaches, blurry vision, and confusion!

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.
I have social anxiety, but I'm pretty fine overall.

(Note that some of these issues may be very personal, and if you'd prefer not to share, it's perfectly acceptable to skip questions.)
------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I've done a good bit of studying on the topic. Since enneagram is more about motivations and fears, I may need help since I don't know myself real well.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline). If there is nothing to do, Bored. mentally active, moving about.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you? My mind is fickle. I am patient, but can't stay focused on one thing for long. Finding something entertaining is my main goal. I show off when I know I wow the crowd. Helpful but won't go out of my way to do so.
b. What have others said about you? Quirky, Hilarious, kindhearted, but with a mean streak. Have a habit of playing/joking too much when others don't feel like it or at inappropriate times
c. What do you think of yourself? I can't really say.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one. To do things that I don't want to do. I don't have that drive that many have to push through with will to achieve aims.

4. You're not good at everything- I'm bad at planning my life. Career wise, nothing really appeals to me and I unwilling to reluctant to do drudgery
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt? Be organised, strict
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? Become independent, willing push through the uncomfortable.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you? All my friends left due to college and careers. I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" person. If you aren't around me in my daily life, I forget and don't stay in touch. I'm a terrible person.

6. Which types do you identify with most? 7,9,3
a. How do you relate to these types? For 7, I focus on contentment. For 9, I pretty go with the flow. And 3, I like being seen as impressive or desirable.
b. How do you NOT relate to them? For 7, I don't really matched the "scattered" description. I like being distracted with fun activities but don't necessarily plan my life around it all the time. For 9, I try to not make waves. but at the same time don't focus on "inner peace" I like some conflict" 3, Though I like being impressive, I am too much of a slacker. If it's boring, I'm reluctant to do it, even for success.

7. Which types are least like you? 1 and 4
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types? For 1, I don't care about being perfect or moral. For 4, I don't focus on cultivating a self-image or identity.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to? None

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
I can't really say I ever felt bad about myself (apart from low self-confidence).

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.
Spoiler
2- to be "okay", having it together Confused about what this means exactly
3- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause I like being part of something
5- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative I try to do things that others usually don't do.
6- to be knowlegeable I like being knowledgeable to show off
7- to be powerful, strong, unassailable. I like putting up a strong front, but know it's not me
8- to be accomplished and successful I like to show off, but not for success.
9- to strive to become/behave like a good person Me behave?
1- to be a loveable person I just like being liked.
4- to be loving and benevolent I try to be nice, but loving is not fitting for me.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:
Spoiler
- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectible
I can't really say any of these fit me. I would say that it would not be able to do the fun things I want to do whether it be due to social anxiety or it being unacceptable to some.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:
Spoiler
9- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
2- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
3- Weak and not being on top of things
4- Failure
7- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
6- Entanglements and losing what I have
8- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
5- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
1- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.
I can't really say. I don't really have a set fear. My focus is day to day

I would definitely say 7w6 - 9w8 - 3w2.
For the head triad: Your 7 influence is, in my opinion much greater than that of 6 and 5. I don't get many 5 vibes from you.
For the body triad: The 9 influence is obvious; I might even say accounting for 60% or more of your influence from the body triad, whereas 8 sits at around 25-30%, with your 1 influence being minimal.
For the heart triad: You strike me more as having a 3 fix than a 2 fix. Although your 2 wing seems to be strong enough to cause some "3w2 or 2w3?" confusion.