• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Time flies. Type me, please?

CaptainDDC

The last time I bothered researching typology was five years ago. Man, I was just a baby. Now, I've somehow drifted back into it and I figured I'd come back on here and seek out my type again now that I'm a little older. I guess I'm looking for MBTI and Enneagram but mostly MBTI/Jungian. It's three AM here so sorry about any typos.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I have a tendency to chase rabbits. Any bit of logical reasoning or gut reactions about my typing was great and I'd follow that trail until some other thought would come to mind. At which point, naturally, I'd follow it to my new, true type. As if there was some hidden, unseen truth about myself waiting to be discovered.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I guess I just yearn for as much time to engulf myself in my interests and hobbies as much as possible. I hope to someday have resources to expand myself. Maybe become an outdoorsman so I can do more than play video games and debate politics on Reddit.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I guess probably when things were going the best for me academically. I've really only ever been a student full time. I felt accomplished during this period. Especially, if I excelled in a field beyond my area. I like being a jack of all trades. Often success gives me an excuse to be a bit lazy because in my mind I've conquered the challenges for the week and the looming uncertainty of the future is less imposing somehow. After all, my mind didn't fail me and it's all I really have.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I suppose when I'm associated with something or someone I'm not. For example, my father was violent in his past. I am not violent, period. And any comparisons made between my father and myself makes me feel inferior.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Often if I'm weighing decisions I have a tendency to rely on impulse and "shock" value. I like surprising people I'm friendly with. Sometimes it's based on how I feel in the moment and what will bring me or others I care about the most happiness. When it comes to important life choices I'm pretty much concerned with the pros and cons. I like to negotiate decisions. Most things in life involve giving and taking to reach the best outcome. The pros and cons list tends to be pretty standard. EX: Will I enjoy it? Can I use it? Is it time consuming? Do I agree with it? What are the long-term impacts on my life and others?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Most of my projects tend to be research papers. I’ll have a general idea of the topic I want to cover. I'll refine that into something more specific. Maybe with a thesis. I’ll look for sources and details that relate to the topic. In group work, I tend to be the last one editing the project to make sure there aren't any silly mistakes or contradictions.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Well, for the sake of space, I'm not going to describe a time. However, thinking back, my memory is pretty good. The details are a bit foggy though. My memory is more of an impressionistic painting. The general concept of what occurred is there. Also, I'm better at remembering sounds than visuals.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
YouTube or documentaries are the best bet. I'm an audio learner. Though I tend to be pretty hands on too. I probably wouldn't have gotten a B- in my small engines class in High-school if the instructor had us memorize the parts while doing the work instead of looking at charts on the board. I'm big concept focused throughout. Even when I'm using my hands, I'm focused on getting a general overview what I'm working on.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
In terms of physical space? I'm mess. However, in terms of mental organization, I'm not awful. When I have tasks to complete, my thinking can be pretty sequential. I make a lot of mental lists.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I tend to focus more on the evidence. Though as I've gotten a bit older I find myself more interested in the underlying principles of certain ideas.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The latter. I tend to stick out like a sore thumb in my academic community on lot of issues. I'm not really afraid to express myself. Often to the point of line crossing. Try telling your Pentecostal Sunday school teacher that you don't believe speaking in tongues is Biblical at age 13. :D

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually speak before I think. In my defense, my instincts aren't always wrong. Though I tend to reevaluate later and sometimes change my mind. I think that can make me appear a bit fickle but I'm not. I lean more towards small group. Takes the pressure off that comes from one-on-one conversations while still being small enough to make me comfortable and responsive.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Yeah, I'm more cautious with my actions than my mouth. I guess that's because I'm usually a fairly cool actor that doesn't want to respond too fast because actions do speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Probably stay home. Especially if I've not been home alone for a while. However, I suppose it depends on what the night out would entail. A new movie I've been dying to see? Food I haven't had for a while? It all depends on my mood in the moment but like 8/10 times I'd probably stay home. Especially when the nearest movie theater is a thirty minute drive. :(

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I'm a sarcastic snapping turtle. I'm a crotchety old man 90% of the time anyways. Stress me out and it I just get older and more, uh, crotchety.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Lord of the Rings Syndrome. Certain people have this tendency to make life into this one grand journey of epicness and emotion. They use that word a lot too. Journey. Every word they utter is way too serious and emotional. Like calm down. Seriously, you are not destined to destroy my Precious. It's okay for things to be sterile and mundane once in a while.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Politics actually. I know. I know. Historical events is another area I love. Big fan of science and tech so I'll talk about stuff I've read about in those areas too. Pop culture and Jeopardy style trivia also tends to be a source of conservation.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Keeping friends. I have this tendency to make a lot of acquaintances and a few moderately close friends and then just move on and lose touch with them.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I've been called witty and opinionated. One of my friends said I was the 6th Doctor from Doctor Who but a bit less pompous, a bit more unsure of myself, and a lot less melodramatic.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Uh, yeah, I frequent political debate forums. Also, Netflix, YouTube, Video Games, and maybe a good book if the others fail me. Though I like the rain a lot so I could see a walk or drive in the rain during this day. As mentioned above, the outdoorsman thing is a goal for the future. An image of myself, I've so far failed to recreate. :p

Additional Info

I've been called intense by strangers and quiet by other strangers. Though I'd say I have an intensity to my personality that grows the more one gets to know me.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. You seem XSTP. ISTP? Mind if I ask a few more questions?

1: What decision making process drives you more?
a) I have to adhere to what is logical to me, all the while making sure to take the values of others into account.
b) I desire to follow my personal wants and values, all the while taking into the consideration the objective results.

2: What is your overall focus? (ordering helps, and why?)
a)I focus on the here and now and what's before me.
b)I focus on the connections and concepts in the world and what it could be.
c)I focus on the impressions that the world stirs in me.
d)I focus on what is beneath the surface and what is to come.

3: Traits you hate in people. (ordering helps, and why?)
a)People are too cold and logical.
b)People are too feely and swayed by their values.
c)People are reckless and short-sighted; too focused on the now.
d)People don't focus on the real world enough and what we have.

4: Traits you wish more for yourself: (and why?)
a) Focus on values/desires/bonds rather than logic.
b) Apply/analyze with logic rather than values.
c) Focus the meaning and connections of the world.
d) Focus on the world around me.

5: Hobbies/What you want to do? (Why do you like to do them?).

CaptainDDC

Hello. You seem XSTP. ISTP? Mind if I ask a few more questions?

a) I have to adhere to what is logical to me, all the while making sure to take the values of others into account.
b) I desire to follow my personal wants and values, all the while taking into the consideration the objective results.

a)I focus on the here and now and what's before me.
b)I focus on the connections and concepts in the world and what it could be.
c)I focus on the impressions that the world stirs in me.
d)I focus on what is beneath the surface and what is to come.

3: Traits you hate in people. (ordering helps, and why?)
a)People are too cold and logical.
b)People are too feely and swayed by their values.
c)People are reckless and short-sighted; too focused on the now.
d)People don't focus on the real world enough and what we have.

b) Apply/analyze with logic rather than values.
c) Focus the meaning and connections of the world.
d) Focus on the world around me.

Thanks for the response. :)

Probably, b) I desire to follow my personal wants and values, all the while taking into the consideration the objective results.
Though some times I'd say I prioritize the objective results over the personal values.

C, A, D, B

This describes me well. I'd say A and D are close to being tied though. I can't really seem to explain why I feel this order fits me. But it does.

3: Traits you hate in people. (ordering helps, and why??
B, D, C, A.

B because a lot of the people I deal with tend to impose their values on others. Not a fan. D bothers me because it makes me feel inferior a bit. Often when friends or family dream of another life. As if what we have now isn't good enough. C just seems pretty conventionally annoying. Shorted-sighted people usually bother me because they cannot seem to trace their actions to more than the immediate conclusion. Long-term decisions require long term thinking. A: I don't meet a lot of overly cold and logical people. And when I do I've never had a problem with them.

The bonds part in particular. I really don't have a lot of personal connections. I have my personal values but they don't make friends easily.
I think I'm moderately okay at B, C, and D. Though seeing more connections in the world and living more in the moment are good, personal life goals. I probably would say I need more of D right now because the future is pretty imposing and sometimes I can lose focus of my day fretting about what will be. This gets especially annoying when most of what I fear turns out fine. I'm also more afraid of the shame of failure than the consequences of it. :shrug:

I like reading, listening, and discussing politics. It's the practical application of ideas, philosophy, and values and how to put those into what should, ideally, be a logical and efficient system that will focus on achieving what is good for the people. Remember, ideally. :)
I do the same with history because I believe it's important to know where humanity has been because it makes where we're going more clear.
Video Games; It's the most interactive means of engrossing myself in another world with a unique story and people. Netflix programs are a more passive way of doing this...
Audio books, usually non-fiction. Love my historical biographies. Though I hope to one day expand my audio book library into fiction. I'm just really picky about the narrators.
Driving. I love it. I get wicked motion sickness. Unless I'm driving. It's an escape. I like the feeling that I can go any where at any time.
I'm a fan of Basketball and Hockey.
Also, one day, I might be able to call myself an outdoorsman. Fishing, hunting, hiking, and camping kinda deal.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are a confusing individual. :) I'm stuck between ISTP, ISTJ, and INTJ. But you personally strike me a ISTP. :dry: The choices... I'm just going to to be lazy and give you the options of what sounds more you.

1: ISTP

Ti-I am driven to understand the world. I analyze and put everything in an internal framework. I always opt for the logical option that is agreeable to this framework.
Se-The world is what it is. The beauty and stimuli of the world is what it is all about. No need to dig beneath the surface.
Ni-There is more that meets the eye. I can't put my finger on it but it's there. It's sort of a hunch and it sometimes shows me what is coming.
Fe-I often for get about others, whether it is society at large or the bonds that surround me everyday. It not that I'm against them, it's just that sometimes they're too overbearing. I just want to do my own thing.

ISTJ
Si-Yeah, the world is what it is, but that not what i focus on. It is the impressions that that come from it. Whether its a painting or nature, it's the "essence" that captures my attention.
Te-Results are what it's all about. If you can't measure your progress, it's either not enough or not worthwhile. Getting things done and the fruits of it is something all can see.
Fi-Sometimes I forget what I want. I'm so focused on progress that I put my values on hold. I make sure I live by certain personal values, but that's it. I need to focus more on my own passions and convictions.
Ne-There is more to the world than how I see it. Sometimes I fear that, not knowing what is beyond that. I need to learn that embrace the possibilities that the world may put forth.

INTJ
Ni-I am focused on my own impressions of world's ideas; concepts and foresights that the world brings to the table. Some may call what I say "visions" but I know what may happen.
Te-Results are what it's all about. If you can't measure your progress, it's either not enough or not worthwhile. Getting things done and the fruits of it is something all can see.
Fi-Sometimes I forget what I want. I'm so focused on progress that I put my values on hold. I make sure I live by certain personal values, but that's it. I need to focus more on my own passions and convictions.
Se-Sometimes I forget about the real world. I am so focused on the meaning of it all that I forget to focus on it itself.

CaptainDDC

You are a confusing individual. :) I'm stuck between ISTP, ISTJ, and INTJ. But you personally strike me a ISTP. :dry: The choices... I'm just going to to be lazy and give you the options of what sounds more you.

Ti-I am driven to understand the world. I analyze and put everything in an internal framework. I always opt for the logical option that is agreeable to this framework.
Se-The world is what it is. The beauty and stimuli of the world is what it is all about. No need to dig beneath the surface.
Ni-There is more that meets the eye. I can't put my finger on it but it's there. It's sort of a hunch and it sometimes shows me what is coming.
Fe-I often for get about others, whether it is society at large or the bonds that surround me everyday. It not that I'm against them, it's just that sometimes they're too overbearing. I just want to do my own thing.

ISTJ
Si-Yeah, the world is what it is, but that not what i focus on. It is the impressions that that come from it. Whether its a painting or nature, it's the "essence" that captures my attention.
Ne-There is more to the world than how I see it. Sometimes I fear that, not knowing what is beyond that. I need to learn that embrace the possibilities that the world may put forth.

INTJ
Ni-I am focused on my own impressions of world's ideas; concepts and foresights that the world brings to the table. Some may call what I say "visions" but I know what may happen.
Se-Sometimes I forget about the real world. I am so focused on the meaning of it all that I forget to focus on it itself.

So, going by the functions you listed, I relate more to ISTJ. Particularly the part about the essence of something capturing my attention.

CaptainDDC

ISTJ

INTJ

This is my cognitive function score by the way.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************** (44.6)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is my cognitive function score by the way.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************** (44.6)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP

Well, that's some solid ISTJness. If you feel it is the best fit for you, then it shall be.:)

CaptainDDC

Thanks for your help, Mayflower.

Any idea on Enneagram or is that another questionnaire?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for your help, Mayflower.

Any idea on Enneagram or is that another questionnaire?

That is something entirely different but my guess for tritype would be 159. (5w6, 9w1, 1w9?). This is a good test to start out with.Tritype Test

This article will help elaborate and narrow down options. How the Ennegram System Works

If you need help, I'll be around.

CaptainDDC

That is something entirely different but my guess for tritype would be 159. (5w6, 9w1, 1w9?). This is a good test to start out with.Tritype Test

This article will help elaborate and narrow down options. How the Ennegram System Works

Thanks. I'll check that out.

By the way, if you're curious about how I was typed (MBTI) a few years back,
here's the first thread I made when I was 17.

What a mess I was. Haha.

CaptainDDC

So, I took the Enneagram test:

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 6-3-8
and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 6w5-3w2-8w9

Also, I took a Socionics test from Sociotype.com and it's results were odd.

Your Sociotype: ILE-1Ne NeTi (ENTp)
Intuitive Logical Extrovert - The Inventor

Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 93% as likely as ILE. Compare the ILE (ENTp) and LII (INTj) types here!
LIE (ENTj): 66% as likely as ILE. Compare the ILE (ENTp) and LIE (ENTj) types here!
ILI (INTp): 63% as likely as ILE.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Those are odd results, but socionics is a different breed, so I wouldn't get too discouraged. As for the enneagram, seems within the range. I may have to come up with something to help verify.

CaptainDDC

Those are odd results, but socionics is a different breed, so I wouldn't get too discouraged. As for the enneagram, seems within the range. I may have to come up with something to help verify.

Thanks again.

Honestly, the Socionics profile that fit the best was the one that corresponds to INTJ. Which would be more in the range of what we've discussed and it was also listed as an other option on the test.