• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type me. I can't figure it out at all

Kitcatkitcat

I'm really depressed and what to figure myself out, so I can finally have something to identify myself as and relate to others with. I am new to this site and found this questionnaire to use.
1.)What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I get so many different results on the tests, I just can never answer the questions consistently because I feel like they all fit me in different situations. I've taken functions tests and they've given me so many inconsistent answers and it's annoying. Furthermore, I find it difficult to accurately analyze myself since I tend to see myself negatively. I'm not a well balanced and emotionally healthy person.
2.) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I just want to be happy and live a comfortable life, I want to be loved by many and recognized. I want to feel happy with myself. Self actualization is really important to me because it makes me feel like I am known, I just want to know myself. I sometimes yearn to be a kind person but then I become depressed and bitter, hating humanity. I just want a stable, happy, and comfortable life where I'm not always hating myself, people, or worrying about everything .
3.) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Before I developed depression, in elementary school in 5th grade I was very happy because I had a few close friends that I spend a lot of time with, we would play outside and role play during recess. We loved pretending to be mermaids or other creatures and we would create elaborate stories with different characters for us. I was happy because I loved my friend Alexis, we were friends for 5 years but we grew apart probably because my depression made it too difficult to handle me. We had sleepovers almost every weekend and I wanted to spend all my time with her. I felt such passion for our friendship and doing everything and experiencing things with her like going to amusement parks and traveling with her made me so unbelievably happy. I could be myself. I had a few other close friends that I had sleepovers with together too and it was just as fun but I've never had a friendship like Alexis' since.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people don't like me, understand me, or think I'm stupid or a whore. I also feel inferior when I'm not doing anything in my life that will create success for me, like now.

5. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.
My decisions involve how it'll affect people, specifically what they will think of me afterwards, and I feel like I am always going to upset someone in the process. If I post a Facebook status I have to examine if my friends and followers will judge me or like me less for my post and I have to determine if the majority will be affected by it and if they will continue to like me, or if they would like me less. In person, my decisions are based on how they make me feel, like if they make me sad or happy. I don't want to feel worse.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like to have full control of the project, even telling the people in the group they don't have to do anything, because I feel competent enough to get us all a good score or grade and I enjoy things to go my way and I generally don't like the way others do projects. That's why I prefer working alone.
7.) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I was playing my favorite game The Walking Dead Game with my ex, it was episode 2 of the first season and the character got stuck on a dairy farm with a bunch of cannibals. We needed to escape, it was extremely intense. I didn't expect that to happen, and we were both shocked.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Reading a lot about it on the internet and discussing it with people who are interested in the subject or people who know more about the subject.
9. How organized do you think of yourself as?
It depends on my mood. When I'm very happy, I clean and love decorating and organizing my room but when I'm depressed it'll become very messy and I won't bother at all for days or weeks.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both I guess. I don't really understand the question and need a more specific example.

11. You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
By making sure I follow what I believe.

12. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking and I like both one on one communication and group discussion. I just love sharing my ideas with people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know what I'm getting into beforehand. I need to determine if it'll have any negative consequences or affects. Actions speak louder than words, of course.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If had friends in my city I would pause my show and spend time with them.
15. How do you act when you're stressed out?
Pretty badly. I lash out, I cry, I feel guilty, I argue, I yell, and become bitter towards almost everyone.
16. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like abrasive people or people that make me feel like I have to walk on eggshells to make them not insult or hurt me. I also dislike people who are overly sensitive about a topic so they won't listen to anyone else': point of view on an issue, especially when they label or name call people who think differently.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Favorite video games, tv shows, mbti types, politics, culture, politics.
18.) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Sports
19. How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality
My friends on Facebook perceive me as being racy, open, popular, and someone who is opinionated. I may appear racy because I enjoy dressing in lingerie, but I am not particularly racy in real life. I don't dress risqué in person, I actually prefer to dress conservatively in person because it's more comfortable and I wouldn't like getting stared down. I am open in the sense that I'm not afraid to share my opinions and I do so frequently, and I'm pretty much only popular on Facebook but I don't have any close friends in person. My friends would probably never say I'm private because I enjoy being known online.
20.You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Go to Panda Express and then the mall to go shopping, then I'd come home and play a video game with my boyfriend.

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see quite a bit of Si and Ne. I see a bit more Fe and Ti then Fi and Te. Inferior Te would act differently when stressed or sad. I think you're probably ISFJ or ESFJ. You could be INFP or ENFP. But like I said Si and Ne are pretty clear. Figuring your MBTI is hard enough and not being emotionally healthy can make it even harder.

Gone

I'd go with ESFJ.
I agree with Sunshine Smile on your function use. You gave some stereotypical Fi answers but overall I can see a lot of Fe, especially in the questions you answered in greater detail.
I also see Si and Ne, you seem to prefer Si.
As for Si>Fe or Fe>Si, you don't sound like a Ne inferior, which would result in extensive worrying in times of stress instead of lashing out.
How Functions Work: Inferior Ti (ESFJ/ENFJ) - Cognitive Function Theory Can you relate to this article?
However, when Fe-doms rely too heavily upon Fe and suppress Ti, they will develop an overly narrow and confused view of the world. Instead of using Ti appropriately, Fe will use Ti to construct “rational” explanations to confirm poor judgments about people or relationships. In other words, Fe will develop a maladaptive tendency to misinterpret people’s intentions, see ulterior motives that do not exist, or project their own personal issues onto others. When Fe is not functioning in a healthy manner, Fe-doms will be more prone to: taking on too many social responsibilities; relying too much on external sources for validation, self-esteem, or moral direction; developing an unconscious fear of rejection or abandonment; feeling pressure to conform with societal expectations; becoming too conflict avoidant, insecure, or submissive; dismissing or undervaluing personal needs and priorities; interpreting behaviors that are done for oneself as selfish; having difficulty making decisions that require choosing between competing interests; applying double standards or behaving inconsistently; dismissing knowledge that is unrelated to interpersonal relationships; etc. This will lead to a buildup of feelings of incompetence, insecurity, or worthlessness, especially when they are unable to achieve the level of intimacy or harmony with others that they seek.
This is a quote from the article I linked above, which caught my eye, I think we can check just about everything from this list.

Please get help for your depression if you haven't already.

Kitcatkitcat

I'd go with ESFJ. I agree with Sunshine Smile on your function use. You gave some stereotypical Fi answers but overall I can see a lot of Fe, especially in the questions you answered in greater detail. I also see Si and Ne, you seem to prefer Si. As for Si>Fe or Fe>Si, you don't sound like a Ne inferior, which would result in extensive worrying in times of stress instead of lashing out. How Functions Work: Inferior Ti (ESFJ/ENFJ) - Cognitive Function Theory Can you relate to this article? This is a quote from the article I linked above, which caught my eye, I think we can check just about everything from this list. Please get help for your depression if you haven't already.
That makes sense. Thank you :) I'm going to take the official test soon and find out what my real typing is!