• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP, INFP, or something else entirely?

Hex

MBTI Type
ISFP
I joined a couple of days ago but I have this IxFP thing ongoing still. So, here is this....

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

A few things, mostly having to do with the fact that I get really nostalgic and I do make comparisons between things that have happened in the past quite a bit, which according to a ton of descriptions is an Si thing. There's also the fact that I vent to people close to me when things get really tough and I found information saying that Fi-dominants don't do that ever.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I just yearn to live the way I want to because I like being able to express myself as I see fit. I also want to be able to get by with just enough to allow myself to experience what I want to experience.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

A time when I felt like I was at my finest was when I was outside not too long ago. There was a mild wind coming from the South. There were crickets chirping and vehicular sounds. I could hear some kids screaming in the distance as well. The clouds were clearing slightly, I could see a few stars in the presence of the street light across from my house and the flashes of multi-colored Christmas lights. It was nice and I think it made me feel like I was at my finest because it was just me, my feelings, and the world outside of me. It pretty much got me out of my head for the most part.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I tend to feel inferior when someone is a lot more objective, logical, organized, and successful than I am. I also feel inferior when I'm wrong about something that has an objective truth to it.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Ultimately, what weighs on my decisions is how I feel and whether it is something that would be good for me or not. Another influence on a decision has to do with whether it crosses any of my values or not. If it crosses one of my values in anyway, I ain't doing it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is just to get the damned thing done though I'm likely to procrastinate a bit or just not do it at all. I don't mind not having control over the outcome because if I actually make an effort to do the project, I just want it done and over with as soon as possible.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

My cousin and I tried to smoke random leaves & plants to see if we could get high from any of them. That night, we went exploring the woods and ended up getting hella scared by something. We ended up running all the way back to the house. I don't really remember much besides that. It's all really vague and stuff.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

If I have no way of experiencing the new thing (often the case, unfortunately), I'll look it up and read up on it. Experiencing the new thing is a lot more natural, though.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

My room looks like a hurricane just hit it. Make of that what you will.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I look for supporting information. I'm a bit of a fact-checker at times.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony by following my own beliefs and making sure they fit in with how I see myself/who I am.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I prefer one-on-one communication but I'm alright with group discussions in small amounts. I'm 50/50 on the "think before speaking" or "speak before thinking" thing. I often get myself into a ton of trouble no matter what, though.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It depends on the risks involved. Is it a risk that will benefit me? If so, I'll take the damned risk. I think actions speak a lot more than words do.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

"Sorry, I have to stay in tonight."

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I end up snapping and getting bossy/mean in general but I also become somewhat withdrawn as well. I also tend to vent more often when I'm stressed out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike when people are cruel for no conceivable reason. It bothers me a lot. I also dislike excessively rigid/cold, "no-fun-allowed; follow the rules" type people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Not particularly that I am aware of.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I don't really pay much conscious attention to the future or how I'm going to achieve my goals.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

This was all through Johari/Nohari window...

"able, brave, confident, helpful, independent, intelligent, introverted, knowledgeable, logical, mature, proud, quiet, reflective, searching, tense"

And the nohari window had this to say...

"intolerant, violent, aloof, insecure, withdrawn, hostile, unhappy, unhelpful, needy, distant, boastful, imperceptive, impatient, insensitive, self-satisfied, rash, callous, cold"

Obviously, there are some contradictions but I think the thing most wrong about their perceptions (mostly on the Nohari window) is the "insensitive" bit. I am very sensitive. I don't show it too easily but goddamn, I am hella sensitive. For most of the words for the Nohari window, no one really seems to understand that I only act in those ways unless I am stressed or if it's actually justified (like when someone oversteps a boundary of mine or something; like the one time that some kid tried to convert me to his religion). I think a few of the Johari words are okay, though. They aren't entirely fitting but for the most part they are.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'm gonna go do something fun & adrenaline-inducing and I am also going to probably do drugs.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you more comfortable in your mind.. thinking of ideas, theorizing, fantasizing or do you consider yourself more practical and experience-driven? Do you feel very connected with your physical word... touch, smells, sounds, etc?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IXFP, no doubt. I get an ISFP vibe from you.

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP. Very reactive to the things and sensations around you.