• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me AGAIN.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This sounds like strong Fi type 4. Overall this sounds infp with Ne without an outlet. I would advise hanging around other INFPs and ENFPs around here and see which mental styles are more like yours.

I'll try that. And that's the thing, I find myself relating to INFP/ENFP more than INFJ. Unless my shit is all fucked up.

Thank you for being understanding, also. I frequent Reddit and people can get kind of rude and they don't really elaborate when they help with typing.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Feeling attacked is the Fi function. Although Fe may sound super touchy, I'd liken it to water or like a bean bag. If you poke it, it'll react. Otherwise, it's not going to. But Fi reacts on its own so it's alright.

I'd say ENFPs are more touchy than INFPs because they're less comfortable with Fi. However, they seem to use it rather well. All the posts I read on how ENFPs use Fi aren't coming to my memory at the moment so I apologize. But there's a lot floating around on the web like that. Most of them say that ENFPs are more deep and sensitive than they look, which is a paraphrase, but close to what most profiles say. They're usually described this way because Ne is a wild-ride, and it takes good work of Fi/Te to get the wonderfulness of it to not only come out, but to make sense irl

I don't know if you feel this way too, but I also feel like MBTI's a copout at times lol
Don't get confused by all the terminology, it's just a guy who was short on time and simplified things into oblivion so no one else could understand ^^

I hear what you're saying, I definitely think, in this frustration of mine, that MBTI is a copout. And then I hear that the type you first get is the one you die with, while it grows and changes, it doesn't actually change. And that upset me, for whatever reason. I guess I'm just.. very wrapped up in this, haha.

I definitely feel very touchy -- I think I have Ne and then Fi; I don't know. I've always been a super emotional, overdramatic person and nobody understands me. And here's the thing, I hate that because I say I feel misunderstood and different, that I'm automatically an INFJ. As a teenager I was attracted to sad/dark things, I always have been, not just sad and dark, but different and weird, because.. I don't know. And it's dumb to me now. I feel like I'm changing more, I'm shedding that skin.

God, I feel like a fucking mess.

skimpit

MBTI is a little addicting, though. It's like a mystery you have to solve. A puzzle. And I think that's cute. But it's frustrating and that ain't.

Haha, I'm pretty sure every teenager feels INFJ at some point. Everyone thinks about the future to some degree, writes about sad things, the works haha

But I see what you're saying. If you want to differentiate between, say, ENFP and INFJ (which have the same functions, just opposite each other), the ENFP could be simplified to - "I think positively about the worst." Whereas the INFJ could be said to think, "I think negatively about the best." Not exactly converse, but close enough.

If you've ever read that ENFPs are attracted to novelty, it's because they're trying to say 'novelty' in the true sense, where novelty is a concept, bold, new, refreshing, everything you think it is. That word could basically encapsulate the ENFP if you wanted it to.

And it's good you're changing more now, it's always good to grow and develop.

I too got a little frustrated when I learned you could have only one. Type, that is. (It could be a sensor thing, but also just my frustration. What if my type is sucky? What if I don't like it? Can I swap it out for something different? No? Okay. I guess that makes ethical sense. But still...)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
MBTI is a little addicting, though. It's like a mystery you have to solve. A puzzle. And I think that's cute. But it's frustrating and that ain't.

Haha, I'm pretty sure every teenager feels INFJ at some point. Everyone thinks about the future to some degree, writes about sad things, the works haha

But I see what you're saying. If you want to differentiate between, say, ENFP and INFJ (which have the same functions, just opposite each other), the ENFP could be simplified to - "I think positively about the worst." Whereas the INFJ could be said to think, "I think negatively about the best." Not exactly converse, but close enough.

If you've ever read that ENFPs are attracted to novelty, it's because they're trying to say 'novelty' in the true sense, where novelty is a concept, bold, new, refreshing, everything you think it is. That word could basically encapsulate the ENFP if you wanted it to.

And it's good you're changing more now, it's always good to grow and develop.

I too got a little frustrated when I learned you could have only one. Type, that is. (It could be a sensor thing, but also just my frustration. What if my type is sucky? What if I don't like it? Can I swap it out for something different? No? Okay. I guess that makes ethical sense. But still...)

I totally feel you, dude. i tend to think negatively a lot though, like, I just imagine the worst but I also try to be like, "Worst case scenario" about things before my worries encapsulate and take over and make me think negatively again. i was so worried today that I straight up just cancelled an appointment, worried about an outcome (not health related!). ugh.
And about the type, I do worry about that too. if my type is shitty and also because what if people talk shitty about my type. even though I've done it and I do thwt about the INFJ type. but every type has its faults.
I'm at work right noe and I'm kind of always ib my own head, I'm always thinking, to the point of getting myself upset and then I make myself exhausted. it's just about a lot of crap going on. i feel like i have a lot of mental energy that i don't really tap into and get out. sometimes I get so much physical energy I have to move around weirdly (shake my body or hands) to get it out. I've hit my head really hard by accident doing that.
I'm leaning towards ENFP still. this was probably jumbled, I can't explain things properly anymore. sorry for typos. phone.