• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kinda know my type. Need help to fill in the blanks

augusthawk

What's up everyone. I've studied MBTI and cognitive functions for a little over a year now so I sort of get the hang of it.
I can type other people fairly well, however when it comes to myself I'm a lost cause.
Every test I take online I get mixed results, whether it be similar percentages for each type or different answers for different tests.

If anything, I'm pretty sure I have Ti and Si somewhere in my function. But even with that said, I relate to Fi as well.

I'll fill this form out the best I can and we'll see how it goes. Thank you for your time to help me out.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Si - I have a pretty good memory. Certain songs and smells remind me of better and worse times. I base certain situations off of past situations such as liking the same type of girl all the time or going to a new place that reminds me another place I used to hang ou tat.
Se - I trust my gut a lot. I do like to live in the moment. I keep up with trends. I like being with the cultural norm. I enjoy feeling certain rushes.

Ti - I'm a musician and can tell you what certain notes are if you play them. Not quite perfect pitch however. I like to learn things for the sake of being curious. I like to understand what I'm doing completely.
Te - I do sometimes like to measure with facts. Results from formulas are undeniable and I like to use them for my own success.

Fi - I want to do whats right for me. Follow my own beat. I don't like to show it, but I do have empathy. I can easily sense when something wrong with somebody and I usually help them out.
Putting myself in someone elses shoes is easy.
Fe - Honestly I don't really relate with this. But if I'm a Ti then I must have this somehow.

Ni - It's hard to describe music with words but it something you must feel. I'll hold my tongue if I know it will upset someone.
Ne - Again, I don't see myself having this but if I am Si then I must have it.

(these are just examples I've read online. maybe some dont necessarily fit in with the function. again, I'm terrible at typing myself)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I guess I only yearn for certain aspects of life. A career in music playing on stage. Having successful social interactions and networks. An attractive girlfriend. A nice car. A nice body. I sound shallow as hell right haha. But I'm being honest. Money really isn't important to me. It's only important to achieve the goals and items I want. I imagine later in life I'll settle down in a small house. Vacation and travel to some cool spots. Have a family.
Giving back to my family is important as well, in terms of money and helping them out. And lastly I guess it's to just have fun! try and have fun with life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I don't think I've reached that point yet. If anything it was in school when I had a girlfriend and I was playing on stage. I had a successful job and got along with my co-workers. I felt confident and powerful in myself.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not knowing what to do. Feeling trapped. Saying things for the sake of pleasing others. Being quiet in a group. Being on the spot and not knowing what I'm doing. Being with people completely different than me. Not achieving my goals and dreams.
Letting others walk all over me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I make decisions based on what I aspire to be. I follow my dreams. I do things in order to achieve objectives. It all comes down to what I imagine in my head.
I think about myself. Sounds selfish but I'm a nice guy, truly.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is to get stuff done. Thats it.
I do like to have control. If I don't, then I'll lose interest, though I'll still be apart of it. I'll just ride the wave and hopefully it still comes out accomplished like I had in my mind.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Going out with my ex-gf years ago. I think I spent like half the day at her house and we did fun things like jump in the pool, play video games, she had a trampoline we went on, then we went go out to eat....etc. Later in the night we met up with a big group of friends.
It was a nice chilly October night. We walked around the streets and went to a haunted house. I liked talking to everyone and everyone got along. We got some hot chocolate. I ended up going back to her place and staying up late on the couch with her before heading home.

There's definitely other examples, I don't feel like typing every detail, but all of them include going out with a group of friends to a big event.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I have to grab a notepad and write everything down. I have to organize the topics and vocabulary. I get the basis down first. Afterwards, I use it hands-on and see with my own eyes how the application works in real life.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I really wish I was more organized. I even try to be. But 90% of the time my room is sorta screwed up and I have to constantly straighten it up. In school, my notes were everywhere. So I'm naturally not organized but I try my best to be.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I guess information that supports it. I do like a lot of things that don't necessarily have concrete evidence, such as Chakras, the Law of Attraction, Spirit Guides, etc.

But if like someone wants to open up a new music channel on youtube, I have to see if their competent enough to even do so. If they aren't, I'm against the idea, since it will most likely fail.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Honestly, I end up asking how everyone is doing to make sure they are fine. But I hate when I do that. I really wish I just did what I wanted. And I end up happier when I do. I sort of avoid confrontation though. I guess it depends what group I'm in.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Depends who I'm with. For the most part I'm not that impulsive when I converse. I try to think beforehand. I prefer one-on-one most of the time. It's easier. But if I force myself into a group conversation I can really do well.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know beforehand what I'm getting into. Action does speak more than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I want to go out. I get a little socially anxious sometimes, but I feel like shit if I miss out on a party or a fun night out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I'll either get super quiet and not say anything or get pissed off and need to cool down. If I'm with a group of friends I'll get quiet and need to have some alone time to regroup my thoughts. However if I'm with someone I'm comfortable with I'll get mad, maybe raise my voice or slam a door. I've gotten better with the angry part though. Nowadays I'll just walk away.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don't like when people are too ditzy, to the point where they are just strange. I dislike people that don't think before they do something. People that are unaware of their actions and how it affects them. People who aren't real with themselves and don't understand what they're doing.
I dislike liars. When people are too reckless.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Music. Psychology. The future and future aspirations. Cars. Politics, although not recently. Bodybuilding.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

If anything it's money, but I'm pretty keen on everything.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends think I'm goofy. I try to be more serious now, but if I'm having fun, I sometimes(maybe rarely recently) can be the life of a group. Otherwise, they say I'm intelligent, level-headed, ambitious, hard working. Some say I don't emphasize with others. Like I don't take their feelings into account. I can totally understand their feelings, I just choose to ignore it sometimes lol. I guess they would never say that I'm impulsive? I'm not reckless, I value safety.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Drive the whip around. Blast music. Workout. Play live on stage. Jam out or practice if I don't have a show. Hang out with friends and girls.

Thats about it. I tried to be detailed but some answers are just straight to the point. Again, thanks for reading and I'm grateful for your time.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's up everyone. I've studied MBTI and cognitive functions for a little over a year now so I sort of get the hang of it.
I can type other people fairly well, however when it comes to myself I'm a lost cause.
Hello. I understand this so well. :)

You're just covered in Se. ESXP struck me instantly. ENTJ is possible too considering the Te I felt. Do you mind taking a short questionnaire?

Number the phrases in each group in order by what resonates the most with you:

Group A
  • How I see the world is what matters. Objects instill impressions within me and that is what is worthwhile.
  • I focus on the here and now and what I can observe. I don't spend much time looking beneath the surface. The things I treasure are present and tangible.

• The world is more than it is to me. I see the possibilities of what it offers. They're not apparent now, they're something to strive for. It's value to me is in the "what could be?"

• Hmm. There is more going on than what is seen. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's there. I just need to mull this over.

Group B
  • Logic is my being and is an internal essence. To grasp the world, I have to look within, to see if things aligns to my understanding of things. If it makes sense to me, that's all that' is needed.

• I focus on what I want and value. I know sometimes I have to put such things on hold for progress' sake, but it feels like a betrayal to myself.

• I know what I want but sometimes the affairs of others is my focus. What they like, what they favor is somewhat a measurement of my own tastes.

• Results and progress are standards for everyone to see. If it works, if it doesn't, that is objective and of the utmost importance. No need to slow down efficiency with introspection.

augusthawk

Glad I'm not the only one:)

That's interesting, considering I thought I was Si and Ti.

Group A

1. How I see the world is what matters. Objects instill impressions within me and that is what is worthwhile.
1. The world is more than it is to me. I see the possibilities of what it offers. They're not apparent now, they're something to strive for. It's value to me is in the "what could be?"

I'm making these a tie and settings up this statement:

How I see the world is what matters.
I see the possibilities of what it offers.
I imagine and strive for the "what could be" and make it a reality.

3. I focus on the here and now and what I can observe. I don't spend much time looking beneath the surface. The things I treasure are present and tangible.
4. Hmm. There is more going on than what is seen. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's there. I just need to mull this over.

Group B

1. I focus on what I want and value. I know sometimes I have to put such things on hold for progress' sake, but it feels like a betrayal to myself.
1. I know what I want but sometimes the affairs of others is my focus. What they like, what they favor is somewhat a measurement of my own tastes.
2. Logic is my being and is an internal essence. To grasp the world, I have to look within, to see if things align to my understanding of things. If it makes sense to me, that's all that' is needed.
2. Results and progress are standards for everyone to see. If it works, if it doesn't, that is objective and of the utmost importance. No need to slow down efficiency with introspection.
I want to agree, but I feel like I introspect myself a lot.

Group B was a lot harder than Group A. For Group B #1, I don't know if I would say it's a betrayal to myself. I know sometimes that what I want might take a little bit for me to work on myself and that's okay to me.

For the second #1, I will say that I get inspired by other successful people with what they have and I can see myself having that life as well.

For the first #2, I want to understand life from within myself.

And for the second #2, I like results and progress. When people see results they can't really argue it. But I still like to be introspective.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Glad I'm not the only one:)

That's interesting, considering I thought I was Si and Ti.

What what you picked, Si is a possibility. So XSxJ and XNXP are my choices.

I imagine and strive for the "what could be" and make it a reality.

Hmm. What is stronger in you? How you see the world or striving for possibilities?

For the F/T grouping, I'm sensing the Fi/Te dynamic.

augusthawk

If you need me to re-answer questions with more details let me know.

striving for possibilities - is this the same as working for a goal? (possiblity = chance/hope) I would pick that over my own needs(how I see the world).

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you need me to re-answer questions with more details let me know.

striving for possibilities - is this the same as working for a goal? (possiblity = chance/hope) I would pick that over my own needs(how I see the world).
Ne can be a goal, yes, but Ne is more about seeing the connections and concepts that the object represents. Te is more of the stereotypical goal-reaching function. I see the Fi/Te and Si/Ne, but I'm still on the fence. This is a good test for trying your function layout.
Keisey Jung Test

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(Could be an enneatype 6 somewhere, I think)
Te/Fi and probably Si/Ne, even if I'd still take in count Se/Ni.

1. How I see the world is what matters. Objects instill impressions within me and that is what is worthwhile.
1. The world is more than it is to me. I see the possibilities of what it offers. They're not apparent now, they're something to strive for. It's value to me is in the "what could be?"

I'm making these a tie and settings up this statement:

I imagine and strive for the "what could be" and make it a reality

What you added is basic Se-Ni interaction. Se's if for "possibilities I sense now and make them be"
Ne would look for possibilities without taking in count time or realizing them.

For now I'm pretty sure on SF. xSFP, maybe?
I'll stick around to correct my mistakes.

augusthawk

I appreciate the help everyone.

I just took the Keirsey Jung test you linked me and here were my results.

Your personality type most closely matches the result of Rational.

Based on the answers you've provided to the questions, we are very confident that your four letter type is
INTJ

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
Ni > Fi Fe = Si > Se = Ne > Te > Ti

To be honest, most of the questions were tough and I could of picked all four on some occasions. I felt like I was forced to choose some answers that might not have been accurate.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get an enneagram 3 vibe from you. That's probably why my usual strategies are off. In the original questionnaire, I felt strong Se, Te as well. My gut said ESFP.

You mention alot about music. What about it that moves you?

augusthawk

I get an enneagram 3 vibe from you. That's probably why my usual strategies are off. In the original questionnaire, I felt strong Se, Te as well. My gut said ESFP.

You mention alot about music. What about it that moves you?

it depends on the piece I'm listening to. If its a hip hop heavy bass type, then it sets a chill mood at a group gathering where people are just vibing out.
Maybe its a party song where you want to drink and socialize to it.

Other pieces are more deeper and emotional that you'd want to share intimately with somebody. A beautiful piece might not be describable.
It kind of sums up all of the magnificent moments in life, like your lovers smile or a beautiful sunset.
It's like instead of me describing with words, you should just put on headphones and FEEL the notes.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it depends on the piece I'm listening to. If its a hip hop heavy bass type, then it sets a chill mood at a group gathering where people are just vibing out.
Maybe its a party song where you want to drink and socialize to it.

Other pieces are more deeper and emotional that you'd want to share intimately with somebody. A beautiful piece might not be describable.
It kind of sums up all of the magnificent moments in life, like your lovers smile or a beautiful sunset.
It's like instead of me describing with words, you should just put on headphones and FEEL the notes.

XSFP. The way you describe it seems to be a balance between sensing and intuition. ISFP? I don't know anymore.:dry: You're an enigma. I hate resorting to tests but this is my trump card. Keys2cognition

skimpit

You seem like an ISFP to me, though I don't know what I could add to this thread that would be new. Like with all threads like this, I'll put down what made me think the type I chose to pin you as, and then you can argue or disagree with that as you like. Good???

I make decisions based on what I aspire to be. I follow my dreams. I do things in order to achieve objectives. It all comes down to what I imagine in my head.

This is some SFP shit if I ever saw it. People confuse them with the NTxs because of the word "aspire", however it's the SFPs that truly go after a goal hardcore and with certainty and a plan. They defend it like no other.

Honestly, I end up asking how everyone is doing to make sure they are fine. But I hate when I do that.

Fi/Te man. People think Fi is all about confrontation when it's really about harmony. An Fe user has no trouble tweaking the emotional atmosphere if it suits them nice since they're good with emotion and have Ti to justify what they did. Fi is less of an emotional manipulator and just goes for what the person feels, and most of the time it's "please don't fuck with me, I beg you" in a quiet, calm voice that's actually not so whiny. I have an ISFP friend who looks all badass because of dom Fi making her look all tough and ready to fight, but really she's just that glass-case-of-emotion everyone knows.

I really wish I was more organized. I even try to be. But 90% of the time my room ...

Inf Te, yooo
Like it's really obvious. ISFPs live in a world of organized chaos. As my friend says [paraphrase, don't hurt me]: "I'm in like 99 fandoms. If you're looking for consistency I don't have that. But maybe we can still be friends and bond over crying together."

Good luck in typing yourself, you seem to get the functions well ~~

augusthawk

Hahah I know I'm confusing. That's what made me resort to posting here.
Thanks for all your help. I'll wait for other people to type me as well to get other perspectives on it.
In the meantime I'll try out that test.
I think I've taken it before but I guess it won't hurt to try again.

augusthawk

[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] Alright well that all makes sense to me! Everyone on this thread has said xSFP so it seems to be leaning in that direction.

EDIT

I took the keys2cognition test and here were my results:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

1. extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32.2)
good use
2. introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31)
good use
3. extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24)
limited use
4. introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39)
excellent use
5. extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.1)
limited use
6. introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.2)
good use
7. extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.9)
limited use
8. introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type:
ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi):
Staying true to who you really are.
Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs.
Checking with your conscience.
Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se):
Immersing in the present context.
Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses.
Checking with what your gut instincts say.
Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types:
ESFP, or ISTP

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile:
Improviser;
secondly Catalyst;
then Theorist;
and lastly, Stabilizer.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
K2C has a habit of overpowering Fi so you have to take that into account. Even so, your chartings are similar to mine, and I'm leaning XSFP. Your Ni is quite high which leads me to believe you are an ISFP or an XNXJ. I would say more ISFP as I don't seem much Je. May I PM you a link to a good source of function descriptions?

Also, I want to hear @Rouskyrie's opinion in this. I summon you!!

augusthawk

K2C has a habit of overpowering Fi so you have to take that into account. Even so, your chartings are similar to mine, and I'm leaning XSFP. Your Ni is quite high which leads me to believe you are an ISFP or an XNXJ. I would say more ISFP as I don't seem much Je. May I PM you a link to a good source of function descriptions?

Yes, absolutely. I guess I won't come to any conclusions just yet as I want to give time for possibly more responses and for myself to do more studying on the topics.

If you don't mind telling me, was my Enneagram obvious at all? That's something I've heard of vaguely but definitely want to learn more about.

augusthawk

Yeah definitely.

As far as the Enneagrams go, you said I might be a 3 or 6? I know a little bit about it but I want to learn more.