• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help deciding my type

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer these questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There shouldn't be anything affecting the way I am answering these questions. I am a male, first-year math/cs university student.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. Flickr: Page Not Found
It is obviously Winter time with all the snow and winter attire the people are wearing. There is a young boy looking into the window of the building. Since it appears the boy is white, I think it is likely that this picture takes place in a first world country. If this is the case, it seems unlikely that the boy is looking into a window in search for food. I think it is likely that the boy found something inside the building that caught his eye. However, it is nighttime and this boy does look very young. Where are his parents? It does seem quite strange that the boy is just standing alone outside at night. Perhaps he is lost. It is hard to pinpoint exactly what story this picture is depicting without more details.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Initially, I wonder if there is someone with us who knows much about cars and how to fix them. I personally do not know much about cars so I would not be much help in the process of actually fixing the car. If there is no one who can fix the car, I would probably take out my phone and start looking up our car's problem online. If I can't find the solution online, then I start thinking about who we can call so that they can help guide us through fixing the car. If none of these options work, our last ditch effort would be to call some car company to come help us. If it came down to this option, we would most likely miss most, if not all, of the concert. However, we have no other choice so there is no reason to panic. We must stay calm to fix this problem as efficiently as we can.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I think I would kind of want to go the party. I do not go to parties very often nor do I socialize very often so I think it would be good and healthy for me to go. Especially if my friends who I feel comfortable with are going. If I trust the driver not to drink, I would definitely go. Even if the driver ends up drinking, I would bring extra money just in case to pay for a cab or a bus.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I am open to new things. I also understand that everyone has different opinions and beliefs that should be respected. If it has anything to do with religion, I am very likely just to stay quiet. However, if it has to do with politics, and an issue I feel very strongly about, I think I would speak out about it. Despite the fact that everyone has opinions that should be respected, I still feel like a lot of opinions are simply stupid and wrong. If I have the facts to back me up, I can be very vocal about why this person is wrong. I usually win arguments that I feel very strongly about and when it is about a field that I am very educated in. I am usually capable of making people feel very stupid about their opinions. However, if the person who made this bold claim that clashes with my beliefs is not very bright, I may not bother arguing with them. I find it extremely irritating and draining trying to talk some sense into dumb people. It ends up being a huge waste of time and energy and it usually ends up with me getting very agitated and emotional.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am not quite sure what I would do. I guess it really depends on what is exactly happening and what is the belief. If it had to do with religion, I doubt I would do much. However, if I maybe saw someone treating someone else unfairly, I may step in to stop it. Whether or not I do this would depend on if I could actually do anything helpful and if I would also get very hurt myself or not.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I value happiness and success a lot. I think happiness is a product of success. Everyone has a different definition of success and that everyone's definition should be respected. However, if someone's definition of success involves hurting other people or treating others unfairly, then something should be done about this person. This is because I also strongly value equality. I believe in treating others fairly and that no person should be hurt in order for someone else to be successful.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I am most known for being very quiet and smart. I think a lot of people are usually surprised when I do start talking a lot. This usually happens when I am with my friends who I am close with. I usually exert a lot of confidence when I give out presentations in class. Additionally, a lot of people describe me as very funny. I am very goofy and can act quite immature a lot of the time. I have a sarcastic sense of humour. I also laugh and smile a lot so it is usually very easy for people to approach me. I think people enjoy spending time with me because of the happy aura my presence usually brings. If I could change one thing about my personality, I wish I could be more social. I think if I was more social, I could make friends a lot easier and I wouldn't have such a difficult time in the real world.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I usually trust my hunches and gut feelings. If I am solving a math problem and something just doesn't seem right, I would start thinking about it a lot in order to find out where I went wrong. If I am stuck on a math problem, I could be occupied with something else or I could be sleeping and all of a sudden the solution pops up in my head. Additionally, I can usually tell what kind of person someone is and whether or not the decision I am making is a good one or not. When I start getting these weird hunches, I begin to reevaluate what I am doing to decide whether or not what I am doing is right.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I enjoy listening to music, sleeping, watching Youtube videos, playing Dota 2, watching TV shows and movies and browsing reddit and the Internet. The activities that drain me the most are being in large groups. I love being with friends who I am very close with because I can talk and socialize a lot and it makes me feel good. However, when I am in large groups, I always feel like I do not fit in for some reason. They may be talking about a topic I am not interested in, or there are people present who I do not feel comfortable talking about certain things with. Perhaps it is also because I rarely get the chance to talk, although I do also feel uncomfortable sometimes when I am forced to talk in large groups when I do not want to. I spend a lot of time thinking and daydreaming when I am in large groups.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I do not talk a lot about my personal life when I am with others. I have had 2 close friends throughout high school who have only recently found out that I was mixed. I thought they knew all this time but it turns out that I had never told them. Additionally, I usually have a lot of good things to say about a lot of people but I usually do not have the confidence to tell them face-to-face that I think they are great. Also, I like to move around a lot when I am listening to music alone but I do not do this when around others.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You seem to be IXFP (Leaning towards INFP). I see Fi/Te in 4 as you seem to have strong Fi with Te kicking in when someone annoys you. The way you saw the picture seems Ne/Si to me as you use past experience to generate possibilities.

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
That's interesting. Other people usually type me as a Ti-Dom or an Ni-Dom. However, I have considered Fi-Dom as a type as well (in fact, I've pretty much considered the possibility of any of the 8 introverted types as being my type).

You listed my answer to 4 as evidence to me having Fi and Te. Where else do you see these functions in my answers. Surely not just one question will dictate what my judging axis is. Likewise with the perceiving axis. You listed my answer to question 1 as evidence for me being on the perceiving axis. Where else in my answers might indicate Ne/Si?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I value happiness and success a lot. I think happiness is a product of success. Everyone has a different definition of success and that everyone's definition should be respected. However, if someone's definition of success involves hurting other people or treating others unfairly, then something should be done about this person. This is because I also strongly value equality. I believe in treating others fairly and that no person should be hurt in order for someone else to be successful.
This seems very Fi to me

Initially, I wonder if there is someone with us who knows much about cars and how to fix them. I personally do not know much about cars so I would not be much help in the process of actually fixing the car. If there is no one who can fix the car, I would probably take out my phone and start looking up our car's problem online. If I can't find the solution online, then I start thinking about who we can call so that they can help guide us through fixing the car. If none of these options work, our last ditch effort would be to call some car company to come help us. If it came down to this option, we would most likely miss most, if not all, of the concert. However, we have no other choice so there is no reason to panic. We must stay calm to fix this problem as efficiently as we can.

This seems Te. In my general experience Ti users tend to wonder more about what is going on (What is wrong with the car e.t.c) while Te is more about solving the problem. As for your perceiving functions I am not quite sure as 8 does in retrospect seem Ni to me which means ISFP or INTJ (Both Ni users with Fi).

Sorry to make you sit through a boring test but do the test in the link as it will help you greatly (Copy and paste the results). Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (38)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.1)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.9)
average use

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (38)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.1)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.9)
average use

Interesting results. According to this you are a xNTJ type (leaning towards INTJ as you have low Se). You didn't strike me as a xNTJ type but it does seem likely that you use a lot of Fi making you look IxFP.

Rouskyrie

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer these questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There shouldn't be anything affecting the way I am answering these questions. I am a male, first-year math/cs university student.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. Flickr: Page Not Found
It is obviously Winter time with all the snow and winter attire the people are wearing. There is a young boy looking into the window of the building. Since it appears the boy is white, I think it is likely that this picture takes place in a first world country. If this is the case, it seems unlikely that the boy is looking into a window in search for food. I think it is likely that the boy found something inside the building that caught his eye. However, it is nighttime and this boy does look very young. Where are his parents? It does seem quite strange that the boy is just standing alone outside at night. Perhaps he is lost. It is hard to pinpoint exactly what story this picture is depicting without more details.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I think I would kind of want to go the party. I do not go to parties very often nor do I socialize very often so I think it would be good and healthy for me to go. Especially if my friends who I feel comfortable with are going. If I trust the driver not to drink, I would definitely go. Even if the driver ends up drinking, I would bring extra money just in case to pay for a cab or a bus.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I am open to new things. I also understand that everyone has different opinions and beliefs that should be respected. If it has anything to do with religion, I am very likely just to stay quiet. However, if it has to do with politics, and an issue I feel very strongly about, I think I would speak out about it. Despite the fact that everyone has opinions that should be respected, I still feel like a lot of opinions are simply stupid and wrong. If I have the facts to back me up, I can be very vocal about why this person is wrong. I usually win arguments that I feel very strongly about and when it is about a field that I am very educated in. I am usually capable of making people feel very stupid about their opinions. However, if the person who made this bold claim that clashes with my beliefs is not very bright, I may not bother arguing with them. I find it extremely irritating and draining trying to talk some sense into dumb people. It ends up being a huge waste of time and energy and it usually ends up with me getting very agitated and emotional.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am not quite sure what I would do. I guess it really depends on what is exactly happening and what is the belief. If it had to do with religion, I doubt I would do much. However, if I maybe saw someone treating someone else unfairly, I may step in to stop it. Whether or not I do this would depend on if I could actually do anything helpful and if I would also get very hurt myself or not.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I am most known for being very quiet and smart. I think a lot of people are usually surprised when I do start talking a lot. This usually happens when I am with my friends who I am close with. I usually exert a lot of confidence when I give out presentations in class. Additionally, a lot of people describe me as very funny. I am very goofy and can act quite immature a lot of the time. I have a sarcastic sense of humour. I also laugh and smile a lot so it is usually very easy for people to approach me. I think people enjoy spending time with me because of the happy aura my presence usually brings. If I could change one thing about my personality, I wish I could be more social. I think if I was more social, I could make friends a lot easier and I wouldn't have such a difficult time in the real world.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I usually trust my hunches and gut feelings. If I am solving a math problem and something just doesn't seem right, I would start thinking about it a lot in order to find out where I went wrong. If I am stuck on a math problem, I could be occupied with something else or I could be sleeping and all of a sudden the solution pops up in my head. Additionally, I can usually tell what kind of person someone is and whether or not the decision I am making is a good one or not. When I start getting these weird hunches, I begin to reevaluate what I am doing to decide whether or not what I am doing is right.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I enjoy listening to music, sleeping, watching Youtube videos, playing Dota 2, watching TV shows and movies and browsing reddit and the Internet. The activities that drain me the most are being in large groups. I love being with friends who I am very close with because I can talk and socialize a lot and it makes me feel good. However, when I am in large groups, I always feel like I do not fit in for some reason. They may be talking about a topic I am not interested in, or there are people present who I do not feel comfortable talking about certain things with. Perhaps it is also because I rarely get the chance to talk, although I do also feel uncomfortable sometimes when I am forced to talk in large groups when I do not want to. I spend a lot of time thinking and daydreaming when I am in large groups.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I do not talk a lot about my personal life when I am with others. I have had 2 close friends throughout high school who have only recently found out that I was mixed. I thought they knew all this time but it turns out that I had never told them. Additionally, I usually have a lot of good things to say about a lot of people but I usually do not have the confidence to tell them face-to-face that I think they are great. Also, I like to move around a lot when I am listening to music alone but I do not do this when around others.

If possible, could you order these from 1 to 8 for me? 1 being what you feel you're best at and 8 being what is seemingly impossible for you.

1.) Dominant.
2.) Auxiliary.
3.) Tertiary.
4.) Inferior.
5.) The fifth function has been described like this: "This is usually the first process to jump to defend us, if we are articulating our mission in response to an insult, it is this process that we use. when people hear remarks from someone whose dominant process is their fifth process, they often 'blow it off before it even registers'. When someone is using this process a lot, we get frustrated and think "this is so dumb/pointless".
6.) The sixth function has been described like this: "One aspect of the process is that it is very good at taking care of other people but not very helpful for taking care of yourself. If someone is taking advantage of this, or if we are feeling stuck or powerless in any way, one solution is to 'tie down' others so that they don't get in our way. It accomplishes this by being viciously critical of others, demoralizing them and stopping them in their tracks. When we see this process in someone else, we might interpret everything they say as criticism."
7.) The seventh function has been described like this: "Another way to respond to being controlled is to set double-binding traps. Usually a significant part of someone's humor is about this process. We often distrust others when they are using this process."
8.) The eighth function has been described like this: "This is the most amoral of all the cognitive processes in our head, and a person's definition of evil is usually about this process. Often our most painful/traumatizing experiences in life involve this process. This process is often an empty vessel where society pours its influence. Long lasting hatreds also reside here. Most uses of this process are either awkward and painful, or completely phony and banal. If two people trigger the 8th process in each other, they often bring out the worst in each other."

More specifically, once for how you would like for your cognitive function stack to be and once for how based on your self knowledge you think it's set up.

Also: If possible, try to stay within the axis parameters; Those being, for example: Fe/Ti + Ne/Si = Fe/Si/Ne/Ti, as whenever Fe is present, so is Ti; When Te is present, so is Fi; When Ni is present, so is Se; When Si is present, so is Ne.

Here are basic descriptions that I'd like for you to use:
(Feel free to explain your placements of the functions).

- Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth (Fi).
- Experiencing and acting in the immediate context (Se).
- Foreseeing implications, transformations, and likely effects (Ni).
- Segmenting, organizing for efficiency, and systematizing (Te).
- Connecting and considering others and the group (Fe).
- Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data (Si).
- Interpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts (Ne).
- Analyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles (Ti).

*(Additionally, not everyone subscribes to the idea of all eight functions playing a role in the personality, so if you'd like to choose only four, that's fine, as well).*

Jaydee780

Enneagram
5w4
If I am not following the rules of how cognitive functions are to be set up, I think I would like my cognitive function stack would look something like this:
1. Te - I like having everything organized and structured. I would like for everything to be rational and to follow a straight line of reasoning.
2. Ti - I think I am very analytical and I enjoy categorizing and putting labels on certain things. I manipulate definitions and question the way a statement should be interpreted.
3. Ni - I am capable of being able of having ideas or solutions to problems pop up in my head. I can stare at something without doing much conscious processing until it all makes sense.
4. Si - I like following what I have done in the past as it gives me a good idea in knowing what is reliable or not. I love nostalgia but I fail at remembering specific details.
5. Fi - I do not like when I am forced to compromise my values. However, I am willing to do so if it makes sense to me or if it will benefit me or someone I care about.
6. Ne - I am usually aware of all the possibilities and am able to make connections between two completely unrelated topics.
7. Se - The only reason I placed this here is because I like the all the other functions better, with the exception of Fe
8. Fe - I do not understand why it is necessary to try and just make people comfortable all the time. I value honesty and I genuinely being honest with someone is better in almost all situations, despite the fact that it may greatly hurt their feelings. I would rather live my life where people upset me by telling me the truth than for me to live my life in ignorance because everyone has been lying to me just so that my feelings do not get hurt.

If I had to follow the rules of how a cognitive function stack should be ordered, I think the INTJ function stack makes sense for me. They have strong Ni, Te and Ti and they despise Fe.