• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me?

_Jack_

MBTI Type
XXXX
I want to know what's my type. Any help?

• I'm very private and quiet person. I hide my emotions while I'm in a public, especially around people I don't know very well. As a result- most of the time I'm with blank face looking at everything.
  • To people I don't know very well, I can appear as a cynical bastard, while I'm goofy and witty around people I know.
  • According to my family and my friends, I appear as a very mysterious, introverted, and spacey person. Sometimes people like to joke around by asking me if I'm talking with spirits from other worlds or when I'll come back to earth.
  • I don't have many friends. I never was good at making friends.
  • I always seek for improvement- I can't stand laziness, uncertainty, and being unmotivated. When I don't know how something works, I ask somebody for advice.
  • I can be a slowpoke sometimes, despite that I'm very highly organized and productive person. I always come with a plan, most of my plans are future oriented. I already got planned some of my future.
  • When it comes to important decisions making, I tend to trust my logical side. When I'm thinking, I tend to think about difficult systems, and how they work, and when that happens I'm usually spaced out- somewhere between this and other worlds.
  • I'm avid reader. I like reading almost everything (from technical literature, to poems or novels) and solving puzzles.
  • I'm very good when it comes to managing my own money and making important decisions. I feel very guilty when something goes wrong.
  • I'm actually very good at sports.

Last edited:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From the above you could be any of the introverts but apart from that the rest is a mystery. To help you get on the right track you can ether look in the questionnaires (It is at the top of the type me section) and fill one in then post it or take the cognitive functions test here (Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes)

Do both preferably as this will help build a bigger picture of what type you are.

_Jack_

MBTI Type
XXXX
From the above you could be any of the introverts but apart from that the rest is a mystery. To help you get on the right track you can ether look in the questionnaires (It is at the top of the type me section) and fill one in then post it or take the cognitive functions test here (Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes)

Do both preferably as this will help build a bigger picture of what type you are.

Got INTJ. Ni and Te were highest among all.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTJ does seem right from the above description that you provided and the test you did seems to confirm that. To 100% comfirm your type I would take the questionnaire i have copied below.

I. What do you generally focus on? (Duties aside)

II. When looking at a painting, or any type of styled object, what demands your attention the most?

III. What quality do you dislike about some people that is something to be desired in yourself.?

IV. What quality in you do people find annoying?

V. Describe your general decision making process.

VI. What stresses you most?

VII. How do you gauge the value or worth of something?

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think everyone is stupid? INTJs think everyone is stupid.
Lol j/k :D

_Jack_

MBTI Type
XXXX
It took some time to answer the questions. I did my best.

I. What do you generally focus on? (Duties aside)

On details, what are advantages and disadvantages. Most importanly - what happens next, the future - how can I improve something, how can I avoid negative consequences, how to be more efficient.

II. When looking at a painting, or any type of styled object, what demands your attention the most?

The idea, the look, the story how it happened. I sometimes like to ask "how did it happened?" or "have I seen something like this before?"

III. What quality do you dislike about some people that is something to be desired in yourself?

I dislike high emotional sensitivity. I can't handle emotionally sensitive people, it's very hard for me, it feels like a torture.

IV. What quality in you do people find annoying?

-My honesty: I'm so honest that sometimes everyone hates/mocks me, e.g. my dad once wanted to punch me after short discussion about family creation; or when I told my sister how capitalism and society works together right now, she started hating me and closed herself in her pretty shell of beautiful idealism (she hates me even now).
-Criticism: people complain that I'm too judgemental for them. I just tell them what I think.

V. Describe your general decision making process.

It can be very difficult to me. If it's very important, it takes me some time. Before doing something I do my homework first- I do a research, I weight some facts (pros, cons), I try to find logical explanations. After that, I make decisions. I don't let my emotions to take over everything, if that would happen- it would be a horrible mess and I would screw up.

VI. What stresses you most?

When I must work in inadequate conditions, people around me aren't very helpful, very high pressure during the work (I can't handle it), and I have to socialize with lots people at the same time.

VII. How do you gauge the value or worth of something?

Gauging what's valuable can be difficult sometimes. I evaluate everything what's important for me, what I want to do, what can be useful for me. I focus only on the things that are necessary for me.

Do you think everyone is stupid? INTJs think everyone is stupid.
Lol j/k :D

Only when something really grind my gears. Otherwise, I stay neutral.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obvious INTP.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Obvious INTP.

I agree that you seem more INTP than INTJ. "The idea, the look, the story how it happened. I sometimes like to ask "how did it happened?" or "have I seen something like this before?"" seems very Ne/Si and is similar to how I see a picture. You could also possibly be a ISTJ as you seem to be a introvert, a Ne/Si user and a T type but I would say INTP though.

skimpit

Can I still reply? I've been waiting all day to just say INFP here. Because that's what I think about at my job, as I slave away endlessly...

My argument for this is: what seems logical is not always, like logical dude. Just because you favor logic doesn't mean you actually enjoy using it. If you favor it too much, in fact, it might turn out to be your inferior function. If you find yourself asking what is the logical thing in every situation, then you probably don't use a "logic" function much. If it's unconscious like in an INTP, then you won't even notice how logical you truly are being. It's just natural to you. If you're an ISFJ (same functs, diff order), you'll favor logic quite a bit and keep trying to convince others you're some kind of objective genius who can shove emotion aside when needed. I liken Ti to teeth, if you're dom then this function is your incisor - the farther down in the stack, the less it's used, but it doesn't mean it's less powerful. Just like how your teeth are arranged in the mouth.

To me this part is really INF tho -
It can be very difficult to me. If it's very important, it takes me some time. Before doing something I do my homework first- I do a research, I weight some facts (pros, cons), I try to find logical explanations. After that, I make decisions.
Seems like a lower Te thing to do, because Te is the special research gatherer.
I always seek for improvement- I can't stand laziness, uncertainty, and being unmotivated. When I don't know how something works, I ask somebody for advice.
Te would do this. However, I'm interested to know why you think you're INTP (since you changed your type to that on your profile). It'd be an interesting argument to me.

Unkas

MBTI Type
ISTJ
don't any of you, guys, mind, that we have not to get type through the self-description of person? People can mistakes about themselves, they can at last even lie to us and lie to themselves both.

Cant believe that MBTI have so low typology level now in western civilization.
Without real typology methods - such a self-description judgement is completely meaningless.

skimpit

@ Unkas:

I think it's a bit hypocritical to say you can't get a type from the description provided by the person. That would go against psychology, wouldn't it not? Although Jung preferred the systemizing type of psychology that we use today (in our way of secluding and type-casting personalities, from disorders to anything else) to Freud's clear observation skills, it is still evident that we need to use observation and common sense in the way we type someone. Everyone is capable of reading intonation in words, you know, so it is easy to get a type from that. Even if they are lying, the best psychologist should be able to deduce the issue, yeah?

Although I do agree with you, typing this way is a little arbitrary and often inaccurate. However, many psychologists often go by words to diagnose patients and their concerns (word of mouth, I mean, as well as a mix of observation and theory) so typing this way, and using this system at all, is still completely valid according to the principles of psychology - if I understand them correctly.

"We only exist in terms of this conflict, in the zone where black and white clash."

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"

There's a lot you can do with a system that supposedly doesn't exist. You know, because it's apparently flawed and too old to even digest properly. Yet we're all here on this forum, interesting...

_Jack_

MBTI Type
XXXX
However, I'm interested to know why you think you're INTP (since you changed your type to that on your profile). It'd be an interesting argument to me.
I thought we reached the end of the discussion. I really thought that I'm INTP. Now, that you and some other individuals came here, I honestly don't know what's my type and what I could expect. I'm not emotional person, me and emotions don't fit to same pair of shoes.

[MENTION=26587]Unkas[/MENTION] is right, people can lie to themselves and others. I'm not a liar, some people around me always tell me, that I put out so much honesty and irony, that you can accidentally turn everything to drama or comedy sometimes.

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I vote INFP or maybe INTJ because that's what you tested as.

There's a distinct hint of introverted feeling.

An interesting side note, the phrase "I am not a liar" is a statement that I have heard before from INFPs but would be alien for most ENFPs. If I was going to apply type logic stuff to this, I'd say the secondary extroverted intuition for INFPs might generalise the defence of integrity, i.e. "I do not lie" instead of "I did not lie" or the slightly more positive: "I told the truth about that".

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
IxTJ to me, particularly INTJ.
You are more likely to use Te-Fi than Ti-Fe to me. You said to seek improvement, details and actual results. Your description of honesty could either be Fi, Ti or even Te. Your visual analysis could either be Ni-Te-Fi or Si-Te, but not Ti-Ne.
When typing IxTPs (as I read other typed you INTP), I often end up asking about inferior Fe, as the conflict should be obvious. So, how's your relationship with your emotional side? (Aside from negleting it and not being confortable with feelings, as you said)

Unkas

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION]

I think it's a bit hypocritical to say you can't get a type from the description provided by the person. That would go against psychology, wouldn't it not?
You can get a type, but you often will get it wrong.

To guaranteed finding a type we need to use a rather difficult intellective tasks. I use such methos with great results, but it's hard to convert it into english, because it's not my native language.

For example, one of this questions is - "descripe please our solar system".
So, N-types can descrube it accurately, especially with accurate using logical terms and sequence with their description.
F-types will do funny stuff with their description, they will use wrong, incorrect or inaccurate terms, they will lame such - that we can easily notice that.
It can be enough to see 5-6 answers to get the difference.

As I said - to sight such incertitude in descriptions you need to be the same language person as your respondent.
And it's desirable to be N-type to notice logical mistakes and F-type to notice ethical, feelings weakness.
That how it works.

If you, guys, will practice such mind tastks here and to analyze an answers - you will grow up your skill immediately and your understanding of types gists too.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think you're ISTJ. You seem to be more Si-Ne being goofy and witty with others who know your inferior style which you find is your "hidden side"

Good with money is probably more with STJ's than NTJ's. Inferior Se gets you to modes where you can make very poor decision making and a desire to be materialistic.

INTP's can show their goofy side whenever they feel like extroverting while INTJ's show a more impulsive side with a moralistic passion being more like an ISFP. You just show it to others that you know well.

_Jack_

MBTI Type
XXXX
So, here comes the conclusion. We know that I'm weird mix of NT, SJ, and NF. Looks like I'll have to do new seperate thread with set of questions.

Mods, lock this thread.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol you cannot lock this thread. You have no power. :thumbdown:

:tongue10:

Because your signature.