• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Still need help.. INFP/ENFP

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that would help a lot, i'm very confused even though I'm pretty sure that i'm more of an N type.

PS: sorry for the english, not my first language and thanks for your help

This one is a bit long, but I think it goes deep into your personality:
If not you can go here and choose another one.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

No problem for the language, I'm italian so I understand the struggle, I'm keeping on editing my posts to correct my mistakes^^

J or P is also about how you jump to conclusions. Ps, especially NxPs, are really, really dispersive. You can imagine Ne like the branches of an old tree. It's hard for them to find conclusions, jumping around, further and back from idea to idea.

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
you have to be enthusiastic and spontenaous and you enjoy doing foolish things in front of others just for fun, although you innerly know that you're not about that things, you are commited to everything that Does mean really to you... and only you and those that really know you know about that. In other words, the real people that intreresst you is not necessary all to whom you relate, although you truly enjoy their company and appreciate them. Another thing that differences ENFP from INFP is that we are not so idealistic as INFP. They, as introverts, take the energy from their inner feelings, and can be really focused on their proper daydreaming up to the point they feel disconnected from the social ways of relating to others. I have a friend who's INFP and she's always questioning things in her mind and vieweing life from a too much sensitive point of view, which is amazing, but leads her not to be enoughly fitted

(i'm not a native english speaker so i don't know if I let myself being understood) XD

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
This one is a bit long, but I think it goes deep into your personality:
If not you can go here and choose another one.

No problem for the language, I'm italian so I understand the struggle, I'm keeping on editing my posts to correct my mistakes^^

J or P is also about how you jump to conclusions. Ps, especially NxPs, are really, really dispersive. You can imagine Ne like the branches of an old tree. It's hard for them to find conclusions, jumping around, further and back from idea to idea.

1- My social interraction make me unsure about my type, I feel like an extravert when I'm with people.
2- Knowledge, cause it can make me a better human being and it makes me feel closer to wisdom.
3- Recently I created a song with my band and I was the creative mind behind the song. Everyone from the band enjoyed it and it suprise me cause I don't deel like they get what I like creating (that's why I'd rather create my own stuff solo).
4- I think I lack self esteem and my sensitive nature make me feel feminine ( which I know is not a bad thing but you know for a dude :/ hahah)
5- Before taking a decision I chek How I feel about it.
6- When I am working on a project, If I invest my time in it, I want it to be the way that I saw it at the fist place and I don't want anybody to change the vibe, but sometimes when I don't like what's the project I just don't care and I let the people do their things
7- I dont feel like i'm using Si a lot, my memory hurts lol, but a fun time in my life must have been when I was hitchiking all across canada this summer, I could felt what freedom really meant and I could be alone with my thought while being surrounded by mountain. My memory of it is okay I guess since it was not so long ago, but I'm pretty sure I forgot a lot of things haha.
8- When I wanna learn something new, I natturally want it to be useful for my knowledge and my comprehension of the world.
9- I'm not really organized hahah, I always get things done, but a lot of time its at the last minute haha. My room is a mess and I have trouble on planning and organizing activities.
10- I'm REALLY not sure about it, but I judge new idea by understanding the principles behind it.
11- I'm mixed up on this one, but I feel that I follow what I believe and i try to be myself more than I try to see if everyone feel fine (even tho I want them to feel fine)
12- I enjoy one on one conversation, I feel I can get to the core of the other person. I think that I mostly think but I can sometimes talk without thinking haha
13- I rather know where i'm jumping without leaping.
14- If it's my favorite show, i'll probably stay home but it would be a hard choice.
15- I'm mostly in my head, but on the outside I can appear Harsh and anxious.
16- When in my opinion they have bad values, bad knowledge and when they are mean to everyone. But if they don't have this criteria, I like em all haha.
17- I really enjoy deep conversation with others, In parties the best conversation for me is when I go take some air outside and I take alone with someone who had a few drinks about feelings and philosophy.
18- I don't pay attention to money, I really don't care about it. I don't pay attention to small talk too hehe
19- I feel like I'm wiser than they think. Everyone perceive me different, but I hate when I feel that I being perceive as an excited sensitive man.
20- Play music with a friend or two, or just being alone and fulfill my addiction to knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

you have to be enthusiastic and spontenaous and you enjoy doing foolish things in front of others just for fun, although you innerly know that you're not about that things, you are commited to everything that Does mean really to you... and only you and those that really know you know about that. In other words, the real people that intreresst you is not necessary all to whom you relate, although you truly enjoy their company and appreciate them. Another thing that differences ENFP from INFP is that we are not so idealistic as INFP. They, as introverts, take the energy from their inner feelings, and can be really focused on their proper daydreaming up to the point they feel disconnected from the social ways of relating to others. I have a friend who's INFP and she's always questioning things in her mind and vieweing life from a too much sensitive point of view, which is amazing, but leads her not to be enoughly fitted

(i'm not a native english speaker so i don't know if I let myself being understood) XD

I do identify with that, but I'm not really spontaneous and enthusiastic. hahha

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Alright, so i've asked help on this forum a few weeks ago, and we went to the conclusion that I was an INFP, but I'm still not sure about my type, cause I kinda relate to ENFP too.

INFPness in me :

- I need to be alone
- I'm not comfortable when I'm at the center of attention
- I'm incredibly sensitive

ENFPness in me :

- I can appear extraverted, and charismatic.
- I think that I may use a bit more Ne than Fi
- I sometimes am the entertainer in a group

That's pretty much it thank you !
The E/I preference is not about social introversion or extroversion. It has to do with the order of your first two functions. So needing to be alone, not being comfortable as the center of attention or being sensitive, is not necessarily a good indicator of a preference for I.

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
The E/I preference is not about social introversion or extroversion. It has to do with the order of your first two functions. So needing to be alone, not being comfortable as the center of attention or being sensitive, is not necessarily a good indicator of a preference for I.

Yeah, I understand that, But I don't know if I use Ne over Fi or Fi over Ne and I dont know If I use Si over Te or Te over SI

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I understand that, But I don't know if I use Ne over Fi or Fi over Ne and I dont know If I use Si over Te or Te over SI
Since you are confident that Ne and Fi are your first two functions then you are better off examining those to decide their order. It makes more sense to look for your use of the strongest functions, since you will be using them a lot. It makes a lot more sense than looking at Si and Te. If you were tracking an animal in the forest and had a choice of looking for paw prints or sniffing for it's scent, it would make sense for you as a human to look for paw prints, because that's what would be more obvious to you.
When examining your use of Ne and Fi, you might want to consider which function you use the most (assuming that you are not hindered from doing so), which feels more comfortable and is your natural state, which one are you more naturally drawn to... etc.

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
Since you are confident that Ne and Fi are your first two functions then you are better off examining those to decide their order. It makes more sense to look for your use of the strongest functions, since you will be using them a lot. It makes a lot more sense than looking at Si and Te. If you were tracking an animal in the forest and had a choice of looking for paw prints or sniffing for it's scent, it would make sense for you as a human to look for paw prints, because that's what would be more obvious to you.
When examining your use of Ne and Fi, you might want to consider which function you use the most (assuming that you are not hindered from doing so), which feels more comfortable and is your natural state, which one are you more naturally drawn to... etc.

If I had to choose and if my comprehension of those function is right, I think that I use Ne more than Fi. Well I guess that is the fonction that I use haha

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
First of all- I like this thread because of all of the discussion of really new new members. Ive not really had the chance to look through this thread much- but... some things I kind of tend to think.

Ok well.

Lots of people come on this site thinking they are intuitive types- SET that they are intuitive types- because type profiles tend to paint intuitives in much stronger/grander/more attractive light. But to an extent- base typological profiles... well, they can kind of be like calling yourself a scientist after watching Bill Nye. The enthusiasm is there from the person reading- base typological profiles are easy to read- and some, especially the intuitive ones- really can be interesting- enthralling. And its easy if you, read only type profiles- type profiles that really, a lot of the times tend to be rewordings of OTHER type profiles- then it can really be easy to absorb yourself within them- and a particular idea- a VERY specific- idea of a type/typology. Really short story- there is more to explore really then might easily make itself known. And this site has a lot of good stuff, if you stick around, look around, and keep an open mind to it all- you will probably learn a lot- both about typology and different typological systems- and perhaps about yourself.

Now, this isnt to say that you arent an ENFP/INFP- not at all. I have no idea really- you could be that, you could be something else entirely. But I think something that might be an ok idea to consider- is trying out a type and sticking around for a while as that type- exploring- engaging- and after time perhaps youll start to feel either that 'HEY this type works for me! This is ME.'- or perhaps little things will stick out to you and make you feel that- 'no- this is actually feeling less and less like me really- Im relating less and less to this- maybe its time to reconsider' And then just 'try on' something else. Give it a whirl, give it a chance. This way youll both naturally learn about typology(which really is really interesting stuff some of it and there really is so much that even HASNT been fully explored that SO could be...)- and you might end up feeling a bit more connected to a type- as in you dont have to go through and decide WHY you are or arent some type, making a list of reasons for what you think you are and arent and then having someone- who doesnt know you(or your motivations- which so so matter so much really) decide for YOU- something that, really- I think is just so awesome when people are able to work around with themselves.

Anyways. Ive personally never typed myself- and dont think I probably ever will. (Well except as an enneagram 9 but... thats complicated really). Anyways. Thats me. You might even end up like that- you might find that- you are more comfortable that way- or or or- you might find yourself at home in either the INFP or ENFP or any other type in any other system.

Anyways. I hope none of that was condescending- I didnt mean it to be but I always fear such things/it was condescending/and or threatening and therefore discouraging and now you will be even more adament about either being one type or even perhaps throwing in the typological towel... no- just saying to give it time and you might find it come easier-and or... really connect/get more from it.

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
First of all- I like this thread because of all of the discussion of really new new members. Ive not really had the chance to look through this thread much- but... some things I kind of tend to think.

Ok well.

Lots of people come on this site thinking they are intuitive types- SET that they are intuitive types- because type profiles tend to paint intuitives in much stronger/grander/more attractive light. But to an extent- base typological profiles... well, they can kind of be like calling yourself a scientist after watching Bill Nye. The enthusiasm is there from the person reading- base typological profiles are easy to read- and some, especially the intuitive ones- really can be interesting- enthralling. And its easy if you, read only type profiles- type profiles that really, a lot of the times tend to be rewordings of OTHER type profiles- then it can really be easy to absorb yourself within them- and a particular idea- a VERY specific- idea of a type/typology. Really short story- there is more to explore really then might easily make itself known. And this site has a lot of good stuff, if you stick around, look around, and keep an open mind to it all- you will probably learn a lot- both about typology and different typological systems- and perhaps about yourself.

Now, this isnt to say that you arent an ENFP/INFP- not at all. I have no idea really- you could be that, you could be something else entirely. But I think something that might be an ok idea to consider- is trying out a type and sticking around for a while as that type- exploring- engaging- and after time perhaps youll start to feel either that 'HEY this type works for me! This is ME.'- or perhaps little things will stick out to you and make you feel that- 'no- this is actually feeling less and less like me really- Im relating less and less to this- maybe its time to reconsider' And then just 'try on' something else. Give it a whirl, give it a chance. This way youll both naturally learn about typology(which really is really interesting stuff some of it and there really is so much that even HASNT been fully explored that SO could be...)- and you might end up feeling a bit more connected to a type- as in you dont have to go through and decide WHY you are or arent some type, making a list of reasons for what you think you are and arent and then having someone- who doesnt know you(or your motivations- which so so matter so much really) decide for YOU- something that, really- I think is just so awesome when people are able to work around with themselves.

Anyways. Ive personally never typed myself- and dont think I probably ever will. (Well except as an enneagram 9 but... thats complicated really). Anyways. Thats me. You might even end up like that- you might find that- you are more comfortable that way- or or or- you might find yourself at home in either the INFP or ENFP or any other type in any other system.

Anyways. I hope none of that was condescending- I didnt mean it to be but I always fear such things/it was condescending/and or threatening and therefore discouraging and now you will be even more adament about either being one type or even perhaps throwing in the typological towel... no- just saying to give it time and you might find it come easier-and or... really connect/get more from it.

Yeah, when I first knew about mbti the test gave me INTP, but with time I could'nt identify with the type, but I learned about it, and it did the same thing with me thinking that I was an INFJ. It makes me interrested in other types

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah, when I first knew about mbti the test gave me INTP, but with time I could'nt identify with the type, but I learned about it, and it did the same thing with me thinking that I was an INFJ. It makes me interrested in other types

Yeah so I mean- nothing has to be definite. I kinda see it a lot of the time as just sort of a rolling thing- start out here at INFP but are unsure- start exploring a bit more- see that lots of stuff about ENFPs and extroversion feels possible as well- maybe try on ENFP- then maybe as you go a bit further- you stumble onto enneagram and find that- hey 4 is generally a more withdrawn enneagram type- maybe THAT explains it- or maybe the other way around maybe Im an INFP 7... maybe I should explore that a bit more- then find stuff out about tritype or instinctual varients or socionics or just- individual functions/function placement- types under stress/inferior function reactions and stuff-and you roll it all up into a ball and find that- holy shit- this works for you and this doesnt- and you end up somewhere totally different with a picture that feels more full- and yeah.

Im not even really using the 'you' in that to necessarily mean you. Lots and lots of people on this site- Ive seen this with. I think that really the process of that- can be really helpful and important and yeah- can help someone grow- and just that there is so much learning involved in it.

Not saying there is anything wrong really with just staying set on a type from the start. That works for a lot of people too- but there also is nothing wrong with just- keeping things open and dynamic and yeah.

Just- yeah.