• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne or Ni?

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Firstly, you're assuming the person is an ISFJ. How do you know this? By a test? Online tests simplify prototypes by assuming that two people of the same mindset will exhibit the same traits: that's utterly insane and obviously the work of a person who has never had any genuine experiences with people. By descriptions? Descriptions play on exactly the same idea, which is completely false.

Type isn't about a person's behaviour. Type is about a person's intrinsic thought patterns and how their mind works. I mean, the ISFJ you're describing sounds like an ISFJ straight out of David Keirsey's book. If you asked me, I'd tell you that Keirsey was an utter farce of an individual, I'm actually trying to write a thread about that now. People such as the friend you describe just seem boring, and unfortunately, the kind of person nobody ever wants to think of themselves as.

I also don't think having a bossy streak is necessarily Te. The most straightforward example of Te I can give is from this guy. Reckful vs. Inquisitor on Jung and MBTI - Derail from: What is the difference between INTP and ENTP - INTP Forum

I personally don't like Te; I believe Te thinking doesn't get between the cracks to really decipher the heart of a puzzle. Because Te is focused on logic that externally "works", Te logic is fine for as long as it serves an external purpose. I'm looking here at David Keirsey as well, who typed himself as INTP but I'm sure was a Te-valuer in some form. His system is based purely on external manifestations: there's no examinations of the mechanisms at work. Keirsey's work is so simplified, it just stops working so quickly. Entropic/Samuel Fridh is also a Te-valuer and he's certainly a great deal capable of original thought, but his logic is still very much focused on external manifestations of behaviour. I sometimes find his reasoning simplistic, but I respect his insights and he's very much what my understanding of typology is modelled on, which is taken from Socionics.

So, I haven't actually answered a lot of your questions. You say you discuss how things feel for you: Anyone who's a sexual subtype is going to have very strong ideas about how things feel for them. I'd even go as far as to say that the Fi/Fe stereotypes resemble the sexual/social archetypes more than they resemble Fi and Fe. Fe is focused on communicating a feeling atmosphere. I can detect a strong impression of the way you feel about things: Fi keeps this very shrouded. I type with the clear intention of letting others know my emotional atmosphere; I'd like to think it's apparent in some of the things I say.

I hope this is insightful to you. I have a personal hatred of mistypes, because I spent more than a year searching for my type as all I could interpret were extremely vague descriptions and my ideas got completely skewed, as well as an incredibly misleading interpretation of a questionnaire that someone gave me.

My friend told me she typed herself as an ISFJ, I don't know which test she used, but she generally comes across as a stereotypical ISFJ. And perhaps you can tell more about how I'm feeling because I'm more comfortable telling people online than in real life? Thanks for your input, I'll think more about it (in addition to my usual obsessing lol). I've never been asked to consider xSFJ: it would make sense for me to be confused about Ne if it was lower down in my stack. As for 7w6... I can relate to it to a degree? It reminds me of when I was younger, when I was a lot louder and much more excitable. It doesn't seem like a likely match for ISFJ though? (I'm going with ISFJ since I usually score 90%+ in introversion) If anything, more ENFP's have that sociotype.

Also, you said you typed Rouskyrie as using Fi but their type is still set to ENFJ, not that I'm calling it out, just thinking maybe you can get mixed up between the two?

I don't care if you're trying to fight me on this. My claim was pretty outlandish and my explanation hardly perfect.

If I can't answer your questions, you can safely assume that I don't genuinely know what I'm talking about.

(Ouch... The pain I feel when someone doesn't care... it burnssss)

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My friend told me she typed herself as an ISFJ, I don't know which test she used, but she generally comes across as a stereotypical ISFJ. And perhaps you can tell more about how I'm feeling because I'm more comfortable telling people online than in real life? Thanks for your input, I'll think more about it (in addition to my usual obsessing lol). I've never been asked to consider xSFJ: it would make sense for me to be confused about Ne if it was lower down in my stack. As for 7w6... I can relate to it to a degree? It reminds me of when I was younger, when I was a lot louder and much more excitable. It doesn't seem like a likely match for ISFJ though? (I'm going with ISFJ since I usually score 90%+ in introversion) If anything, more ENFP's have that sociotype.

Also, you said you typed Rouskyrie as using Fi but their type is still set to ENFJ, not that I'm calling it out, just thinking maybe you can get mixed up between the two?

(Ouch... The pain I feel when someone doesn't care... it burnssss)

I typed the user Fi earlier today. He said he was doubting being an ENFJ; he hasn't replied thus far.

Our reasonings are fundamentally different. You understand the system one way, I understand it another. I think the way you understand it is flawed, you're not sure where my reasoning is. I respect you however, for not descending into denial. So many users completely fall into that trap and become impossible to reason with.

And yes, I don't know how you are in real life. I needn't say why I can't know that. When you posted about your fictional work and its symbolism, I detected that you were incredibly enthusiastic - your short, punctuated sentences bore a near-exact resemblance to someone wildly punching their fists in the air with excitement. As I began to suggest an xSFJ (I am leaning ISFJ over ESFJ, I'd meant to say that a few posts back) your impression turned into bewilderment, with faint tinges of anger from the baffling proposal I had created. It's a theme that's continued. I believe with your bewilderment there's a bit of anxiety.

And yes, ENFPs are the stereotype for 7w6. I try my best not to subscribe to stereotypes. The real question is, what aspect of ENFPs would correlate with 7w6? Additionally, the ENFP descriptions are nearly all describing a person full of Fe and don't have much to do with Ne. I actually think Fe and type 7 can match very well. It'll give the emotional atmosphere that Fe creates a hyperactive, over-the-top feel.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Flickr: Page Not Found

By the way, could I request for you to describe what you see in one of these pictures?

More on the reasonings later.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Flickr: Page Not Found

By the way, could I request for you to describe what you see in one of these pictures?

More on the reasonings later.

i chose this one Flickr: Page Not Found :

I thought that the lake looked like foggy glass, and the lights in the background reminded me of christmas, i'm pretty sure that's the milky way in the sky? so many places have light polution that it's impossible to see the stars as clearly as that, so it could be fake..., then again there's dark areas that are good for star seeing. there's a couple of trees that stick up like deer antlers, the bright light in the background make me wonder if it's a sunrise? it's too yellow to be a sunset, though i dont get why the stars would be so clear if the sun was coming up, so maybe it's a lighthouse. the stars look light flour sprinkled onto a dark kitchen counter, reminds me of when i used to do baking. looking at it again, the water looks like the surface of a gemstone? but not with as rough a texture so maybe marble? apparently the lake is called Lady Isabella. the Lady is beautiful~

Last edited:

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...s/72822-mbti-phase-ii-self-rating-thread.html This thread has an interesting take on the MBTI, if it helps deciphering my type at all.

EXTRAVERT(11)..................INTROVERT(21)
Initiating:1 ................ Receiving: 5
Expressive:2 .............. Contained:4
Gregarious:2 ..............Intimate: 5
Active:4....................Reflective: 3
Enthusiastic:2 .............Quiet: 4

SENSORY(16)..................INTUITIVE(19)
Concrete:3 ................Abstract: 4
Realistic:4 ................Imaginative:4
Practical:4 ..............Conceptual: 3
Experiential:3 ....................Theoretical: 4
Traditional:2 .............Original: 4

THINKING(14)..................FEELING(18)
Logical:3 ................Empathetic:2
Reasonable:3 ................ Compassionate:4
Questioning: 4 .............. Accommodating: 3
Critical:2 ....................Accepting: 5
Tough: 2 .............Tender: 4

JUDGING(14)..................PERCEIVING(14) (Unsolved)
Systematic: 2 ................Casual: 2
Planful:5 ................Open-Ended: 3
Early Starting:1 ..............Pressure-Prompted: 4
Scheduled:3 ....................Spontaneous: 4
Methodical:3 .............Emergent: 1

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i chose this one Flickr: Page Not Found :

I thought that the lake looked like foggy glass, and the lights in the background reminded me of christmas, i'm pretty sure that's the milky way in the sky? so many places have light polution that it's impossible to see the stars as clearly as that, so it could be fake..., then again there's dark areas that are good for star seeing. there's a couple of trees that stick up like deer antlers, the bright light in the background make me wonder if it's a sunrise? it's too yellow to be a sunset, though i dont get why the stars would be so clear if the sun was coming up, so maybe it's a lighthouse. the stars look light flour sprinkled onto a dark kitchen counter, reminds me of when i used to do baking. looking at it again, the water looks like the surface of a gemstone? but not with as rough a texture so maybe marble? apparently the lake is called Lady Isabella. the Lady is beautiful~

This seems in line with the answers given by strong Si. Very sensory focus, but the sensory information is highly abstracted, so that when the object is actually discussed it's focused on connections between physical structures (Ne) rather than a physical structure (Se). Ti really comes through here as well, with the way you are analysing the picture - although the Si is by far the most prevalent attribute here.

Fe is subtle, but does show up in what you're saying. I notice you begin bringing overt personal experiences into your description of the picture - this is generally a sign of Fe communication: it's communicating personal experiences.

I'll ask a slightly irrelevant question - do you notice Fe within myself?

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...s/72822-mbti-phase-ii-self-rating-thread.html This thread has an interesting take on the MBTI, if it helps deciphering my type at all.

EXTRAVERT(11)..................INTROVERT(21)
Initiating:1 ................ Receiving: 5
Expressive:2 .............. Contained:4
Gregarious:2 ..............Intimate: 5
Active:4....................Reflective: 3
Enthusiastic:2 .............Quiet: 4

SENSORY(16)..................INTUITIVE(19)
Concrete:3 ................Abstract: 4
Realistic:4 ................Imaginative:4
Practical:4 ..............Conceptual: 3
Experiential:3 ....................Theoretical: 4
Traditional:2 .............Original: 4

THINKING(14)..................FEELING(18)
Logical:3 ................Empathetic:2
Reasonable:3 ................ Compassionate:4
Questioning: 4 .............. Accommodating: 3
Critical:2 ....................Accepting: 5
Tough: 2 .............Tender: 4

JUDGING(14)..................PERCEIVING(14) (Unsolved)
Systematic: 2 ................Casual: 2
Planful:5 ................Open-Ended: 3
Early Starting:1 ..............Pressure-Prompted: 4
Scheduled:3 ....................Spontaneous: 4
Methodical:3 .............Emergent: 1

I don't personally use dichotomies. I don't think they're a viable way of understanding individuals. If you wish to use them to type yourself, I ultimately can't help you, as they are completely incompatible with my methods of typing.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This seems in line with the answers given by strong Si. Very sensory focus, but the sensory information is highly abstracted, so that when the object is actually discussed it's focused on connections between physical structures (Ne) rather than a physical structure (Se). Ti really comes through here as well, with the way you are analysing the picture - although the Si is by far the most prevalent attribute here.

Fe is subtle, but does show up in what you're saying. I notice you begin bringing overt personal experiences into your description of the picture - this is generally a sign of Fe communication: it's communicating personal experiences.

I'll ask a slightly irrelevant question - do you notice Fe within myself?

Fe within you..? Ok: I notice that your insistent about your logic although you don't seem particularly emotional, so I assume typing me isn't stressing you out. I also noticed that you brought in personal experiences to explain your reasoning (your girlfriend). You're able to guess my emotions to a degree. "I type with the clear intention of letting others know my emotional atmosphere; I'd like to think it's apparent in some of the things I say." I mean, I haven't really been able to sense any emotion from you apart from annoyance and a bit of disgust.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=29823]Psyclepath[/MENTION] ok ay so i di the keys 2 cognitive test while drunk bc apprently youre more yourself swhen your drunk and this is iut here

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.4)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************** (15.5)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.7)

this says im esfj??? and to consifer isfj and enfp (so fuck you) i just?? im not a nice person so i dont get why i'd be fe, like i hate it when epople aree fake and i met an esfj once and we were so different, liem he was super nice and if someone was unhappy with how he was acting he'd change his personality whereas i know i wouldnt? like i want everyone to be happy but i would t sawant someon e to fake what theyw anted just to make everyone else happy liek thats fnot fair on them if theys got to do something whtat they dont want to fdo sorry i hoep inm not anoying you but you take w while to reply and im such a dick for nededing things fast and youre like the only person who's properly analysed this stufdf and the only person who's gtten isfj?? im pretty sure im intuituve because s people are really smalled minded and never tink about the UNIVERSE you know>>? and other peoples have said im infp so why not you huhb like my top 5 are infp, isfp, intj and entp, someone said istj once but that iw as raised to like art and stuff?? and by the way i did the enngram test earlier and got 4, 5, 6 as my top three, im just not extroverted or rule breaking enough to be a 7!! i know i come off mad nad stuff but thats not my motive!! i feel inside is an angsty 4w5!!! amybe some 6 bc i have social phobia but yeah. i dont think it makes sense for me yo be isfj since your girlfreid is and me and y ou dont get along like you and your gf would

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=29823]Psyclepath[/MENTION] ok ay so i di the keys 2 cognitive test while drunk bc apprently youre more yourself swhen your drunk and this is iut here Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use) extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.7) limited use introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.1) excellent use extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.5) average use introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.4) average use extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.6) average use introverted Thinking (Ti) *************** (15.5) unused extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.9) excellent use introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.7) this says im esfj??? and to consifer isfj and enfp (so fuck you) i just?? im not a nice person so i dont get why i'd be fe, like i hate it when epople aree fake and i met an esfj once and we were so different, liem he was super nice and if someone was unhappy with how he was acting he'd change his personality whereas i know i wouldnt? like i want everyone to be happy but i would t sawant someon e to fake what theyw anted just to make everyone else happy liek thats fnot fair on them if theys got to do something whtat they dont want to fdo sorry i hoep inm not anoying you but you take w while to reply and im such a dick for nededing things fast and youre like the only person who's properly analysed this stufdf and the only person who's gtten isfj?? im pretty sure im intuituve because s people are really smalled minded and never tink about the UNIVERSE you know>>? and other peoples have said im infp so why not you huhb like my top 5 are infp, isfp, intj and entp, someone said istj once but that iw as raised to like art and stuff?? and by the way i did the enngram test earlier and got 4, 5, 6 as my top three, im just not extroverted or rule breaking enough to be a 7!! i know i come off mad nad stuff but thats not my motive!! i feel inside is an angsty 4w5!!! amybe some 6 bc i have social phobia but yeah. i dont think it makes sense for me yo be isfj since your girlfreid is and me and y ou dont get along like you and your gf would
[MENTION=29823]Psyclepath[/MENTION] ok ay so i di the keys 2 cognitive test while drunk bc apprently youre more yourself swhen your drunk and this is iut here Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use) extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.7) limited use introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.1) excellent use extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.5) average use introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.4) average use extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.6) average use introverted Thinking (Ti) *************** (15.5) unused extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.9) excellent use introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.7) this says im esfj??? and to consifer isfj and enfp (so fuck you) i just?? im not a nice person so i dont get why i'd be fe, like i hate it when epople aree fake and i met an esfj once and we were so different, liem he was super nice and if someone was unhappy with how he was acting he'd change his personality whereas i know i wouldnt? like i want everyone to be happy but i would t sawant someon e to fake what theyw anted just to make everyone else happy liek thats fnot fair on them if theys got to do something whtat they dont want to fdo sorry i hoep inm not anoying you but you take w while to reply and im such a dick for nededing things fast and youre like the only person who's properly analysed this stufdf and the only person who's gtten isfj?? im pretty sure im intuituve because s people are really smalled minded and never tink about the UNIVERSE you know>>? and other peoples have said im infp so why not you huhb like my top 5 are infp, isfp, intj and entp, someone said istj once but that iw as raised to like art and stuff?? and by the way i did the enngram test earlier and got 4, 5, 6 as my top three, im just not extroverted or rule breaking enough to be a 7!! i know i come off mad nad stuff but thats not my motive!! i feel inside is an angsty 4w5!!! amybe some 6 bc i have social phobia but yeah. i dont think it makes sense for me yo be isfj since your girlfreid is and me and y ou dont get along like you and your gf would
Sweet lord, you are fucked!
My anger is there, though it's not intended for you so much as the fucked way that so many people understand typology. I hate Isabel Briggs-Myers and I hate David Keirsey even more. Seeing them effectively distort so many people's perceptions of how type works pisses me off.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sweet lord, you are fucked!
My anger is there, though it's not intended for you so much as the fucked way that so many people understand typology. I hate Isabel Briggs-Myers and I hate David Keirsey even more. Seeing them effectively distort so many people's perceptions of how type works pisses me off.

omg you really hate them even though youre using mbti too it's so stupid, youre sohypicritial. i dont know man maybe your part of a conpiracy theory where myers briggs decixded to fuck you over but really you should sto hating on them because so many people like the,m for the mbti things and whatever. did you even read the bit where i pointed out fe?? you dont seem to have much bc your ti is so so trong and you like it a lot. maybe you !! should look where other peoples typed me and then you will see they typed me all sorts of shit ike intj an infp its so fucked up man lmao. type me please : mbti see here?? there es people who say one thing and anohter so maybe you see why im so confused about being isfj or infp or even intj?? btw you quoted me twice lol and i sorry if you dont want to type me and youre just doing it bc your mad at mbyer briggss but thank you!! maybe my friend isnt isfj even thought she seems like that, but she doesnt care about mbti so i cant ask her to retype again :( hey are you american or in uk time bc ur on line at odd times and i sleep too much

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
omg you really hate them even though youre using mbti too it's so stupid, youre sohypicritial. i dont know man maybe your part of a conpiracy theory where myers briggs decixded to fuck you over but really you should sto hating on them because so many people like the,m for the mbti things and whatever. did you even read the bit where i pointed out fe?? you dont seem to have much bc your ti is so so trong and you like it a lot. maybe you !! should look where other peoples typed me and then you will see they typed me all sorts of shit ike intj an infp its so fucked up man lmao. type me please : mbti see here?? there es people who say one thing and anohter so maybe you see why im so confused about being isfj or infp or even intj?? btw you quoted me twice lol and i sorry if you dont want to type me and youre just doing it bc your mad at mbyer briggss but thank you!! maybe my friend isnt isfj even thought she seems like that, but she doesnt care about mbti so i cant ask her to retype again :( hey are you american or in uk time bc ur on line at odd times and i sleep too much

That's a lot for me to respond to - I'll do my best. I wish to type you, because typology is a fascinating puzzle. I use the names of types from Myers-Briggs because they are the names I have known and will always know - and each has simply been adapted in my mind to a Jungian or Socionics archetype. All people are my test subjects, guinea pigs who I am using for the purpose of understanding type. It's a disclaimer I should really include in my signature, actually. I'll add that it's not hypocritical, because the archetypes used by Myers and Keirsey were created from Jung's work and can be found in Socionics as well, albeit named differently. In no way am I using ideas from Keirsey or Myers to justify any aspect of my reasoning.

As for the double quote, that was an accident. I was on my phone and it was acting strangely.

My schedule is erratic as hell. That's part of why I post at such irregular times. I'm in the UK.

And by the way, you justify the illness of my actions by saying "so many people like them". I can't imagine that a stereotypical Fi valuer would reason this way. You claim that in no way are you Fe, but that's sept into your reasoning. It's exactly what any description I've read of Fe would attribute to Fe, despite you claiming you don't relate to it.

I'm almost reluctant to justify something so superficial as a manifestation of Fe, but it stands out nonetheless, if only because it throws holes through your own understanding. And also, I haven't mentioned this but you seem to believe I dislike you. That's not true, and I apologize if my anger and general bluntness has gotten the better of me. Being an artist myself (I'm a musician), I'm very respectful towards other artists who express passion in what they do: something I heard very clearly from you in your first couple of posts when we spoke.

I have also no idea where all the people on that thread were getting INTJ from. INTJs have generally a very serious, to-the-point way of communicating. The guy I've linked you to at the bottom here is an INTJ; observe the way he communicates and the information he shares. INTJ-INTP dynamics are fascinating, because we are confident and unconfident in the same informational elements (confident in Intuition and Thinking, but weak in Sensing and Feeling). However, we are trying to bring this information in opposite directions - the basic situation is that we understand each other and communicate effectively but are seeking completely different information and there ends up being a little bit of animosity between us.

Also, I'm not gonna challenge you about Enneagram. My understanding of Enneagram is highly limited compared to Jung and thus I will not speak where I lack knowledge. You may or may not be correct, I cannot say.

Lastly, I'd like to suggest this fella. I mentioned him earlier in this thread (Entropic/Samuel Fridh); though I forgot he now calls himself Sam Dark. I've told him I'm recommending someone, though I told him nothing about the type I suspect you to be. I'd be very interested to know what he comes out with, because I've a lot of respect for him. Sam Dark - Google+

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's a lot for me to respond to - I'll do my best. I wish to type you, because typology is a fascinating puzzle. I use the names of types from Myers-Briggs because they are the names I have known and will always know - and each has simply been adapted in my mind to a Jungian or Socionics archetype. All people are my test subjects, guinea pigs who I am using for the purpose of understanding type. It's a disclaimer I should really include in my signature, actually. I'll add that it's not hypocritical, because the archetypes used by Myers and Keirsey were created from Jung's work and can be found in Socionics as well, albeit named differently. In no way am I using ideas from Keirsey or Myers to justify any aspect of my reasoning.

As for the double quote, that was an accident. I was on my phone and it was acting strangely.

My schedule is erratic as hell. That's part of why I post at such irregular times. I'm in the UK.

And by the way, you justify the illness of my actions by saying "so many people like them". I can't imagine that a stereotypical Fi valuer would reason this way. You claim that in no way are you Fe, but that's sept into your reasoning. It's exactly what any description I've read of Fe would attribute to Fe, despite you claiming you don't relate to it.

I'm almost reluctant to justify something so superficial as a manifestation of Fe, but it stands out nonetheless, if only because it throws holes through your own understanding. And also, I haven't mentioned this but you seem to believe I dislike you. That's not true, and I apologize if my anger and general bluntness has gotten the better of me. Being an artist myself (I'm a musician), I'm very respectful towards other artists who express passion in what they do: something I heard very clearly from you in your first couple of posts when we spoke.

I have also no idea where all the people on that thread were getting INTJ from. INTJs have generally a very serious, to-the-point way of communicating. The guy I've linked you to at the bottom here is an INTJ; observe the way he communicates and the information he shares. INTJ-INTP dynamics are fascinating, because we are confident and unconfident in the same informational elements (confident in Intuition and Thinking, but weak in Sensing and Feeling). However, we are trying to bring this information in opposite directions - the basic situation is that we understand each other and communicate effectively but are seeking completely different information and there ends up being a little bit of animosity between us.

Also, I'm not gonna challenge you about Enneagram. My understanding of Enneagram is highly limited compared to Jung and thus I will not speak where I lack knowledge. You may or may not be correct, I cannot say.

Lastly, I'd like to suggest this fella. I mentioned him earlier in this thread (Entropic/Samuel Fridh); though I forgot he now calls himself Sam Dark. I've told him I'm recommending someone, though I told him nothing about the type I suspect you to be. I'd be very interested to know what he comes out with, because I've a lot of respect for him. Sam Dark - Google+

aw man i'm so sorry for replying to you drunk (the worst part is that i remember everything too clearly). i had a look at sam's video, and in comparison to me he's very inexpressive... i tend to talk with my hands and facial expressions a lot more. but yeah hit me up when he comes up with something! i'm still pretty tired from yesterday so i can't give you a big long reply to match yours aha.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To get to the root of whether you use Ne or Ni I would ask this basic question (I know not exact but the general gist).

When you come up with ideas for something do you tend to mostly bounce your ideas off others in a outwards way (Ne) or have a strong internal vision of what this idea is (Ni).

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To get to the root of whether you use Ne or Ni I would ask this basic question (I know not exact but the general gist).

When you come up with ideas for something do you tend to mostly bounce your ideas off others in a outwards way (Ne) or have a strong internal vision of what this idea is (Ni).

Both.... ? Something like that is going to be heavily influenced by the leading function. i don't really feel like other introverts would be so willing as to share their ideas with other people, whether or not they use Ne or Ni. can you explain how an introvert might use both of these functions?

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=29351]Amber97[/MENTION]
If you are confident that Fi is one of your top two functions then your type would have FP. So then out of Ne and Ni, you could only have Ne as your other function in the top two.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Both.... ? Something like that is going to be heavily influenced by the leading function. i don't really feel like other introverts would be so willing as to share their ideas with other people, whether or not they use Ne or Ni. can you explain how an introvert might use both of these functions?

Basically as an INTP (Ne user) even as an introvert i need some type of external mechanism to generate ideas. For instance when i am generating ideas for a project i will need an external source to get them out so to speak. (Brainstorming,writing down ideas e.t.c). What may be more helpful is to possibly look for Se vs Si.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=29978]apathylex[/MENTION] okay here goes

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Too many people suggesting completely different types, some are saying INFP and Psyclepath says ISFJ

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Despite how unrealistic it sounds, I want to find my life calling/passion. Having something to inspire me would make me feel better than floating around. I want to become more confident because I've been told I have potential, and I don't think I can reach that until I overcome the mental limits I'm setting for myself.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I would say a couple of years ago, after I moved out my family's house. I became... so calm. I wasn't stressed anymore by my family, I could do what I wanted and I felt optimistic about life. I was able to grow mentally in a short space of time, seeing as my biased hatred wasn't clouding my perspective of others. I could self-reflect on how passive aggressive and tense and unhappy I'd been. I was doing well at school and writing stories with more ease; in my new house I could focus without noise. I think I forgave myself some, was able to relax when I couldn't do school assignments and looked at them in a new way. I had really wanted a change of environment for a long time so i think that helped.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being told what to do, my family was very strict and it was so annoying! I feel horrible when I'm criticised, whether or not it's constructive, because I am already more than aware of all the things I do wrong. I don't like not knowing what to do because I end up asking for help, and i hate asking for help because I feel stupid and like everyone else is raring ahead of me with whatever task we're supposed to do.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.
I think about what I want, I think what I like and dislike in terms of consequences and what makes sense to me. If others are involved I try to see where they're coming from (and allow exceptions, for example if they have a disability) and from the POV from people who will be affected; I kinda guess what they could be thinking if they're not there to give their insight.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
In terms of outcome, I want it to be done before the deadline, whether or not everyone decides to contribute. (Can't risk a bad grade, and I will finish it myself if I have to) If it's a group project, I give all my ideas and encourage everyone to contribute, then usually we assign ourselves to certain parts to do the project, do some work on our own, then come back and combine our ideas.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Gosh this is so hard to answer, I barely remember my life before starting university... Hm, a few years ago, me and my friends went to the fireworks show and went back to a friend's house to hang out. It was so good to be around so many happy people you know? I was free of my negative family for the night, two of my friends began a relationship that night and he was so ecstatic that I forgot about wanting a partner for myself. Everyone was buzzing, I felt like I could talk freely (despite normally being quite quiet) and crack jokes, prank my friends. I don't remember it all too clearly but I know that some people in our friend-group weren't getting along but they set aside their differences and even though their smiles were insincere I appreciated that they were trying because it meant I wasn't going to have to to mediate with another fight -.-

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorise, to memorise, etc)
I like to have a mix of things, when I began to learn a language I would write out and say the words out loud. I was really eager to just speak the language rather than learn it properly, so I would pick up phrases and repeat them. I would forget written and spoken words frequently, so I would go straight into speaking a phrase, and taking note of feedback so i could include it next time. If I want to learn about a person, I usually guess as to what kind of person they are, find out what their life was like and see if it could have had any impact on the person and if it shows in their behaviour.

9) How organised do you to think of yourself as?
Hmm, I don't often see myself as organised, but apparently compared to others I'm pretty organised. I'm the kinda person who plans ahead and keeps things in a designated place in my room. So yeah even if it's messy I usually have an idea where things could be. I'm not so good at time-managing though, I usually under-estimate how long it'll take me to do something and have to rush to finish it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Probably the second one, I don't really understand what's meant by understanding the principals behind it (difficult wording)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like both; I'm not afraid to ditch a group if I know I'm not going to get along with them though at the same time I do like to feel as though I belong, I'm not sure that I'm the kind of person to make sure everyone is fine (only the ones who look upset).

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking usually, and from a young age I'm aware that I prefer one-on-one communication. Group discussions are overwhelming and I often get ignored because I'm quiet. Though as I've gotten older I found I can appreciate group discussions because they bring new things to conversation that would otherwise turn stale with just 2 people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?
Look before you leap... I tend to prefer actions since I'm not always comfortable with conversation, but actions can be interpreted in a lot of ways so it's best to have them come hand in hand.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Now don't take this the wrong way, I know I'm introverted and i dislike that fact, so I try to combat it by going out with people when they invite me.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I become tense, irritable and panic easily. If I can't do something myself I beg for help and try to push the responsibility onto the person helping me so I don't have to do it.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like people who are loud or abrasive. I don't really enjoy being around people who aren't at least on an equal intelligence level because it feels like I'm looking after than rather than actually having a conversation with them. I don't like pretentious or unemotional people; the first because it's like "dude get off your high horse, i know you have a maid and gucchi shades, but your dad is cheating on your mum and you smell like wet feet so shush" and the latter because it makes me so uneasy... i can't tell what they're thinking at all and i feel like i'm constantly doing the wrong thing if i can't make them laugh.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
my favourite tv shows! my experiences vs theirs, i don't know why but i'm always fascinated by stories of failed relationships, i love talking about my friends and making up stories about other people like "what if the most hated teacher in our school is actually a murderer" or something weird like that. and it hasn't happened yet but i would have a field day if someone talked to me about mbti and discussed the behaviours of those around us to try and type them.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
(well i dunno bc i'm not paying attention to it, lol) i feel like i pay attention to everything, so i don't feel i can answer this very well, uh... I tend to not focus on what I could/should be doing right now

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
There's kind of been a trend in the characters that people say remind them of me... Like they tend to be mean/bad-mannered/rude on top but nice on the inside? (Like Prince Zuko) Often goofy and outspoken, maybe honest, geeky, daring, easy-going... Along those lines I think. I wouldn't really say they're wrong but like... it's often surprising how... light-hearted and happy they see me? maybe i've been stuck in my head too long, or they think of me as the person i try to be. They'd never say... well I'm never called sweet or passive, the kind of person who would have a one-night stand- which i guess means emotionally detached, or that i'm scary...

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
SLEEP. go online and talk to people on chatrooms, fuck about on websites like this and tumblr, maybe read or draw... yeah i don't normally do much but i don't often have the energy to do much else :shrug:

sorry this is long, hope it helps ^_^