• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difference between ENTPs and ESTPs?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for the input! I've always been leaning more towards ENTP. Unfortunately, he's pretty know-it-all ish and I'm a little intimidated to engage in deeper conversation topics. I'm afraid it would be too exhausting for me to keep up..
Keep it going by asking questions. That's a surefire way to draw pretty much anything out of anyone.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dictionary...uses truth and fact as opposed to "right"

right in intuition? I cant follow you here. In my language a synonyme for intuition is hunch, what has nothing to do with truths and facts. But I see you wanted to say that the word intuition and the mbti intuition are of different context. What is actually a bit frustrating now, cause I thought you were presenting a bold discussion opener about intuitive people always wanting to be right :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
right in intuition? I cant follow you here. In my language a synonyme for intuition is hunch, what has nothing to do with truths and facts. But I see you wanted to say that the word intuition and the mbti intuition are of different context. What is actually a bit frustrating now, cause I thought you were presenting a bold discussion opener about intuitive people always wanting to be right :)

Ok, i like your language better. Here if you get your hunch "right" your an intuitive, if not your not an intuitive. They tend to think they are right....but to do this and prove it they have to step back from reality and attach to intuition data to prove "intuitively" they were right.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se is drawn to the the experience itself. The stronger the sensation the better
Ne is drawn to the possibilities derived from that. The more possibilities the better.

An Estp would get down if they couldn't do anything.
An Entp would get down if things were to similar.

I never like those definitions. They always pin N as not only a step beyond S, but that it also entails just as much S as S does.

It actually shows a linear progression assumed. As if you have a definitive path that starts at the same place.

Permabanned
Thank you for the input! I've always been leaning more towards ENTP.

Unfortunately, he's pretty know-it-all ish and I'm a little intimidated to engage in deeper conversation topics. I'm afraid it would be too exhausting for me to keep up..

You poor thing. So what do you do with your friend, put them on a shelf inside a glass dome, so they won't scare you?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for the input! I've always been leaning more towards ENTP.

Unfortunately, he's pretty know-it-all ish and I'm a little intimidated to engage in deeper conversation topics. I'm afraid it would be too exhausting for me to keep up..

I am confused by "deeper" conversation topics. Life is complicated...what topic cannot be taken either deep or shallow?

I had an N say i am confusing as hell because i can be either shallow or deep, it all depends context of situation.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never like those definitions. They always pin N as not only a step beyond S, but that it also entails just as much S as S does.

It actually shows a linear progression assumed. As if you have a definitive path that starts at the same place.

Yeah, such descriptions are biased. That's why you see some N elitism in some circles. The S/N divide is more about what one focuses on. They're opposite starting points of seeing the same picture.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, such descriptions are biased. That's why you see some N elitism in some circles. The S/N divide is more about what one focuses on. They're opposite starting points of seeing the same picture.

ENTP: underboob is highly neglected, so lets focus on underboob
ESTP: mmmm...underboob, that got a good response

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on what i said i found the answer.

If you mention underboob and he starts talking about it. He is ENTP, if he stares blankly he is ESTP.

If you show him underboob and he stares blankly he is ENTP, if he can physically go on and on he is ESTP.

:D :laugh:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Try have a conversation about something that requires Ti, like quantum mechanics, big bang, or wtv, see how deep ne/se goes

I like to go super deep on topics of interest, but the difference, at least with me, is that I would seemingly continue talking about that same subject as the Ti user, but in reality, be talking about something else using that previous topic as a metaphor to what I'm actually thinking about haha. I'm sure the Ti user could figure out pretty quickly though, that even though on the surface it seems like I'm still on the same subject, what I'm saying no longer actually pertains to the original discussion.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DistinguishingENTPandESTP.jpg

Is my underdeveloped FE the reason why I want to have sex a lot?

I just thought i was horny. Turns out im stressed. Whaaaaaaaa

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
intelligence

Some estps are smart, some entps aren't. But if you mean on average and if you mean IQ then yes. But that's only useful to differentiate large groups of people, not so useful on an individual basis.

Also it might comfort you to know that for anyone above 140 iq not lying to themselves most everyone is an idiot.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some estps are smart, some entps aren't. But if you mean on average and if you mean IQ then yes. But that's only useful to differentiate large groups of people, not so useful on an individual basis.

Also it might comfort you to know that for anyone above 140 iq not lying to themselves most everyone is an idiot.

Why would it comfort to know that? So most everyone is an idiot for someone with an IQ above 140?

Yeah, it was mostly a joke answer. I have met very few estps that don't come across as major dicks for absolutely no reason. I troll trolls, it's what I do. I notice usually the females are more cool, open-minded, and down to earth. I know why the guys are the way they are and usually it is bullshit because they're fronting to not be seen a certain way by certain crowds and often the things they troll people on are things they have experienced themselves or done themselves so they just seem like bullies. Usually they seem to have a degrading father figure who thought that "you shouldn't be a little bitch" or some such so just suck it up and toughen up, but often they use that as an excuse to exploit those with less power than themselves. That's why I didn't trust Trump straight off the bat nor many similarly-minded followers

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
IQ only matters for people below the age of 30, after that its only about the moneeeey :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will venture to argue that ENTPs on average are better cooks.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a friend who I'm pretty sure uses aux Ti and tert Fe - though I might be wrong about the positions, I'm positive he doesn't use Fi/Te over Fe/Ti. I have trouble distinguishing whether or not he's dom Ne or dom Se. He seems too withdrawn within himself for me to tell. This lends me to wondering if maybe he's an ISTP or INTP instead because of that "Ji-bubble" IxxP's are in sometimes, but I really can't see the inferior Fe.

I think he's too unaware of his surroundings to be an Se dom, but I also don't feel that high Ne usage when I talk to him. Though, I might be biased, because I guess I'm too used to "Fi-flavored Ne" ^^ since my only other high Ne friend is an ENFP. I'm also certain his instinctual variant stacking is so/sp, which makes him seem kind of distant. He's very concerned about his public image.

Can you guys list out some differences between ExTPs? And feel free to ask clarifying questions about him!

ENTPs deal primarily in symbolism of objects, connections between objects and patterns. Ne dominance values, but abstracts physicality (Si). Because Ne removes itself from the object it is focusing on, Ne thinking can seem loopy.

ESTPs deal primarily in objects and the tangible possibilities an object can hold. ESTPs are generally more grounded in their thinking, although if they're Enneagram 7s this may not be obvious.

That in itself is very easy to mis-interpret; deciphering a perfect difference is more subtle than that. Ask him to talk about something that interests him, tell me some of his quotes.

And he may not be Ti-valuing at all. I can't say.