• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final decision on my type between INTP and INFP.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

What has made me unsure between INTP and INFP is that I seem to be both very logical and sensitive.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn to live a life of learning, advancement and achievement with a solid group of people who love me for what I am.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt at my finest when I feel as I am allowed to explore and engage my intelligence. I feel at my finest when i come up with a good idea or solution to something as i get praise from others.
4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when it comes to getting myself out there so to speak. Basically i feel inferior when i have done something wrong.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My decisions are made on what is the most logical and what will the most beneficial. Basically a list of pros-cons. I also make choices based on how it will affect other people. Say for instance it would be most logical to cut the welfare budget (Hypothetical example if i was in government) to save money. I would also consider how it would affect the people and it would be like a tug of war.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
The main emphasis in a project would for it to be as original and yet well done product. Basically I would like for the project to be a success and well received. I don't need direct control over the project but I would hate it if i had no say in how it was done.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I had a lot of fun when i feel that I am accomplishing something. My memory of it is that i felt great happiness at feeling that I was doing good.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
When i learn something it feels most natural for me to write about it as i often seem to connect things together and it sticks in my mind more when i write on a topic. I also like reading up on it and talking about it as well.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I am fairly disorganized when it comes to keeping order in my environment (notes, papers, other assorted things). However i am quite punctual.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
When i come across new ideas I internally process the idea to see if it makes logicall sense. I will however look for information to support it if am arguing for it or to support my point.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I mostly find harmony by making sure that everyone is happy and that I am wanted in a group. At times I feel good if I follow my personal compass and be myself but most of the time I am more worried about group harmony as group harmony leads to self harmony generally for me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I always think before I speak and prefer (if i am comfortable with the person) one on one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I always look before I leap as i am quite anxious to take action in general. To me words are more important in general but action also speaks volumes as well.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I will probably leave my show and go join my friends as I feel good by getting a chance to chat with others and so i don't look rude. If i really liked the show i would stay though.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
When I am stressed I start getting whiny with others and can have a sudden emotional outburst.I also start thinking about how much better things were in the past.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike loud, aggressive and annoying personalities.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about life in general. I like to debate politics, religion and many other various topics. I also attempt to debate some strange questions such as "Is Santa really evil" and "What would the world look like if X leader was elected instead of Y leader"

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I pay little attention to building up relationships with others. I quite often lose touch with people as i cant seem to make the effort to keep in contact.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends generally describe me as being a kind hearted, quirky, quiet, reserved, logical person. I seem to come across as more kind-hearted than i really think i am though. My friends would never say i am a outgoing, aggressive person.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Mostly surfing the net, reading, going for a walk, go out to a café with family or friends.

PuppyGoggles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I actually with struggle a similar thing as you do (pardon my flimsy vocabulary) in regards to feeling domineered between my mind and emotions. Sudden emotional outbursts, however, are a tell tale sign of inferior Fe...

Hopeful

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Hello.
I'm not much of an expert myself... but here my little two cents. Everyone is an individual and therefore broad stroking them into categories is detrimental and only leads to stereotyping. Which is mostly what you see on forums. Alas, I shall keep my rant aside.
Speaking from my own experience and the little bit of what I can summarise.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My decisions are made on what is the most logical and what will the most beneficial. Basically a list of pros-cons. I also make choices based on how it will affect other people. Say for instance it would be most logical to cut the welfare budget (Hypothetical example if i was in government) to save money. I would also consider how it would affect the people and it would be like a tug of war.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
When i come across new ideas I internally process the idea to see if it makes logicall sense. I will however look for information to support it if am arguing for it or to support my point.

These two answers do not really ring with an INFP. As I stated before of the whole stereotypes and whatnot... In my own experience as an INFP as much as I try and use logic, it doesn't end up that way at all. INFP is Introverted Feeling dominant and that makes it mark in how do feel about this. Logic will have very little to say on the matter. Fi Dominant make value calls on things close to them, and its hard to shift them on these perspectives. Sure some are more amenable then others depending on how mature there are, nether the less when they put a value on something logic is not they go to answer.

When I am stressed I start getting whiny with others and can have a sudden emotional outburst.I also start thinking about how much better things were in the past.

Again this points away form Fi dominant. Now I can only speak on my experiences and I would invite the views of other who say they are INFP to comment as well. When I get stressed and not caught in a destructive loop, because that can happen as well. I tend to go drill Sargent on people. I don't accept excuses or laziness, and I make sure that I do my bit as well. I take charge if no one else more qualified steps up to the plate. The destructive loops are more to do if that value system that I spoke off being triggered in some way. Known on the forms as the Fi Land Mine.

All In all I could be wrong. I usually am.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Is that inferior Fe?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You still strike me as INTP. You prominently value Ti (adhering to your own logical consistency). To offset that, you should have Fe, which I see as well in the inferior (not really paying attention what others value such as relationships).

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I practically scream INTP it seems.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I still wonder about my type sometimes. I think as an INFP I would have a lot of values about things, but anymore I'm pretty apathetic unless there is food involved. I pretty much live to eat.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

What has made me unsure between INTP and INFP is that I seem to be both very logical and sensitive.
Many intelligent people are sensitive, moreso than some other people, despite being T
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn to live a life of learning, advancement and achievement with a solid group of people who love me for what I am.
Spells INTP to me
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt at my finest when I feel as I am allowed to explore and engage my intelligence. I feel at my finest when i come up with a good idea or solution to something as i get praise from others.
INTP is preferred wíth this statement, but not counting out INFP

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when it comes to getting myself out there so to speak. Basically i feel inferior when i have done something wrong.
Inferior because you have well-developed ethics and feelings or because they're not well developed? I can't tell. Can you expand a bit on the value system by which you deem things right or wrong?

Pros-cons list is a pretty low method for evaluating anything. It's subject to bias although it might seem unbiased from the person who uses it

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
The main emphasis in a project would for it to be as original and yet well done product. Basically I would like for the project to be a success and well received. I don't need direct control over the project but I would hate it if i had no say in how it was done.
You want creative, factual and intelligent influence. INTP is slightly preferred over INFP from this statement.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I will probably leave my show and go join my friends as I feel good by getting a chance to chat with others and so i don't look rude. If i really liked the show i would stay though.
Really balanced answer. Can't tell either way.

There's a theory of inferior functions. This, applied to what you just said, might suggest T

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about life in general. I like to debate politics, religion and many other various topics. I also attempt to debate some strange questions such as "Is Santa really evil" and "What would the world look like if X leader was elected instead of Y leader"

Wow very cool, real openmindedness. INTP is a strongly favored interpretation with this one.

INTP.