• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Type Yourself thread.

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Greetings, I am aware this is my first post here, but I have lurked often on and off whenever I manage to get the time to. I recently started to get into the MBTI personality and I've been curious about finding out my own. I've taken tests to understand and so far I've managed to score:

-ENFP

-ESTP

-ISTP

If anyone could help, please do so in anyway. I've answered these questions to help figure it out to some degree. I borrowed the template, hope the other person does not mind.

1. If you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
A dragon, but I would prefer it if it wouldn't turn on me at some point, or would hope to learn to tame it.Tame my dragon, I just caught that.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Happy, Content, and Satisfied.

3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
One that is either not eaten often like Beets, or one that is eaten a lot.. like an Apple?

4. What is your favorite beverage?
White Grape Juice

5. You're having a cookout... what do you make?
BBQ Burgers, Hot Dogs, Sausages, and Chicken.

6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
The Mandela effect.

7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best?
The future where there are so many new technological advancements, where people have more progressive mindsets, and where you get to see how people deal with them.

8. You're on death row... what's your last meal?
Macaroni and cheese, BBQ chicken, and Baked Beans. Because no one seems to make them taste the same way.

9. How do you respond to clingy people?
I'm okay with it, if it is done reasonably.

10. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
Purple. It would contrast with the grass better.

11. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
I prefer to wear clothes, and dislike being nude often.

12. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I don't normally show any signs upon being romantically interested as far as emotionally, but in my actions, I try to spend time with them, debate on rather if I like them or not. If I do, I usually just tell the person I like them, to get it out of the way and never regret it.

13. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
I have not, due to the aforementioned, not enjoying being nude.

14. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
I would seek plastic surgery to alter my face, work on my physique more, buy a wig, possibly even find a way to alter my voice with some strange machine.

15. Name a city that best represents your personality.

New York City, a clash of different people, different backgrounds, where the strong survive and can either help or hurt the weak.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I just want to thankyou for not using the same ol questionnaire. THANK GOD. BUT... man the questionnaire are getting weirder and unreasonable.

I'll rule out ESTP for you. Other than that, the template answered didn't help much. I should just totally make my own if it were this bad. =_=;;

Can you please provide the mbti test you've been taking? I'm also gonna add, you could be something else besides those type. Further reading might help you understand how it works but I don't mind guessing your type, provided I have the correct information. gl =D

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just want to thankyou for not using the same ol questionnaire. THANK GOD. BUT... man the questionnaire are getting weirder and unreasonable.

I'll rule out ESTP for you. Other than that, the template answered didn't help much. I should just totally make my own if it were this bad. =_=;;

Can you please provide the mbti test you've been taking? I'm also gonna add, you could be something else besides those type. Further reading might help you understand how it works but I don't mind guessing your type, provided I have the correct information. gl =D

It was a bit of an odd questionnaire, I can agree. This would be the last test I took:

Personality Test Based on Jung and Briggs-Myers

If you would like to ask me for more information, just let me know. I'll gladly offer more.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
You can try this one: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

It focuses on cognitive functions which ideally is the way to go to find your mbti letters. I'll think up of a questionnaire later (It kinda feels taxing to me atm). And don't overexhuast yourself with the quizzes because you'll fall into a pit where you don't know anymore. Maybe take it the next day or a week from now.

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You can try this one: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes It focuses on cognitive functions which ideally is the way to go to find your mbti letters. I'll think up of a questionnaire later (It kinda feels taxing to me atm). And don't overexhuast yourself with the quizzes because you'll fall into a pit where you don't know anymore. Maybe take it the next day or a week from now.

Thanks , I scored ENFP on this one,apparently I have a high amount of Ne? It was what scored the highest.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. Apparently you have Ne (yes, I'm stating the obvious), but what type of N. I usually post this short questionnaire to help pinpoint type.

First, Let's see if you're a S or N.
Are you a person who focuses on the present and what it brings (Se), and derives meaning and foresight from that (Ni)?
Or are you lead by possibilities of the world (though not of current attainability) and may/may not strive to make them a reality (Ne) and is guided by past experience (Si).

Next, the F/T divide...
Do you often make decisions more based on desires and wants (F) or logic and productivity (T)?
Elaboration Example!!
Fe/Ti: "Everyone seems to like this way so I guess it's alright (Fe), does it make sense (Ti)?"
Fi/Te: "I really like this and think it is the right way for me (Fi) but is it productive (Te)?"

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hello. Apparently you have Ne (yes, I'm stating the obvious), but what type of N. I usually post this short questionnaire to help pinpoint type.

First, Let's see if you're a S or N.
Are you a person who focuses on the present and what it brings (Se), and derives meaning and foresight from that (Ni)?
Or are you lead by possibilities of the world (though not of current attainability) and may/may not strive to make them a reality (Ne) and is guided by past experience (Si).

Definitely more of a Ne-Si. I'm always toying with "what if" scenarios and enjoy things with possibilities, but I rarely think about my past experiences unless something current that I just so happen to come across manages to remind me of something I've seen before.

Next, the F/T divide...
Do you often make decisions more based on desires and wants (F) or logic and productivity (T)?
Elaboration Example!!

I actually had a talk about this with someone before, and they pointed out that I tend make choices more based on how I feel more than what I think, which was weird, because I thought I was a thinker, but I only really start thinking whenever I can voice my thoughts or if I can bounce them off someone.

Fe/Ti: "Everyone seems to like this way so I guess it's alright (Fe), does it make sense (Ti)?"
Fi/Te: "I really like this and think it is the right way for me (Fi) but is it productive (Te)?"

I feel more on the Fi-Te side of things.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So we come to xNFP. What are you more driven by? The possibilities generated or how you feel about things? I notice you have an 8 wing for that 7. This leads me to say ENFP, but it all depends on the above question.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So many anime avatars

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So we come to xNFP. What are you more driven by? The possibilities generated or how you feel about things? I notice you have an 8 wing for that 7. This leads me to say ENFP, but it all depends on the above question.
Definitely the possibilities generated, it gets me excited to see what could come to me from what I could do. I like how many doors and opportunities can open because of the potential for limitless scenarios, it just seems cool to me .

Also I just realized your avatar has Nero in it from DMC 4? I'm more of Dante person myself.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say ENFP!!

P.S. It's nice to see someone who is familiar with the series. :)

Rouskyrie

[MENTION=30025]X-01[/MENTION].

I found a post on PersonalityCafe called "Alternative Cognitive Functions Test" that I thought was interesting. Maybe it could help?

If you're interested, here it is: (It's one of those "rank 0 to 5" tests. I'm curious to know what you'll get.)

Introverted Thinking (or Ti):

1.) I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
2.) I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies
3.) I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work
4.) I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency
5.) I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints
6.) I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation
7.) I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles
8.) I make decisions based on my category profiles
9.) I seek logical consistency in my life
10.) I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints

Introverted Feeling (or Fi):

1.) I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
2.) I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
3.) I am aware of universal personal values
4.) I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
5.) I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
6.) I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
7.) I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
8.) I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
9.) I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

Introverted Sensing (or Si):

1.) I am aware at a detailed level of what is going on in my body including my emotional state
2.) I collect detailed information, react to it, and store my internal reactions along with the information.
3.) I can vividly recall previous experiences, including specific data absorbed form the external world as well as internal reactions tied to the memories.
4.) I store and retrieve detailed information in the sequence in which it happened.
5.) I compare current experience against stored past impressions and experiences
6.) I feel more comfortable when processes are repeatable
7.) I am comfortable and attempt to maintain traditions
8.) I attempt to do tasks as efficiently as possible, thus conserving energy

Introverted Intuition (or Ni):

1.) I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them
2.) I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.
3.) I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives.
4.) I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust
5.) I see things as the ultimately can be.
6.) I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols
7.) I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings.

Extraverted Thinking (or Te):

1.) I objectively define the scope of problems
2.) I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
3.) I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
4.) I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
5.) I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
6.) I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
7.) I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
8.) I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

Extraverted Sensing (or Se):

1). I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting
2.) I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data
3.) I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them
4.) My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities
5.) I focus on the context of the present situation
6.) I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world
7.) I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.
8.) When involved in a sport I am able to be the ball or when driving I am able to be the car

Extraverted Feeling (or Fe):

1.) I look for and identify group norms
2.) I internalize cultural values and make them my own
3.) I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly
4). Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people
5.) I build relationships by disclosing things about myself
6.) In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs
7.) I organize the external world to support group harmony
8.) I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior
9.) I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.
11.) I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms
12.) I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.

Extraverted Intuition (or Ne):

1.) I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events
2.) I notice missing parts or steps in patterns
3.) External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.
4.) I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships
5.) I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways
6.) I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.
7.) I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are
8.) I usually find something positive to see in most situations

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30025]X-01[/MENTION].

I found a post on PersonalityCafe called "Alternative Cognitive Functions Test" that I thought was interesting. Maybe it could help?

If you're interested, here it is: (It's one of those "rank 0 to 5" tests. I'm curious to know what you'll get.)

Sure, I can give it a shot. :)

Introverted Thinking (or Ti):

1.) I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.-2
2.) I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies-1
3.) I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work-2
4.) I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency-2
5.) I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints-1
6.) I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation-1
7.) I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles-1
8.) I make decisions based on my category profiles-0
9.) I seek logical consistency in my life-3
10.) I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints-1

Introverted Feeling (or Fi):

1.) I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me-3
2.) I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values-3
3.) I am aware of universal personal values-4
4.) I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values-4
5.) I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions-2
6.) I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity-3
7.) I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.-4
8.) I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values-3
9.) I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship-3

Introverted Sensing (or Si):

1.) I am aware at a detailed level of what is going on in my body including my emotional state-2
2.) I collect detailed information, react to it, and store my internal reactions along with the information.-1
3.) I can vividly recall previous experiences, including specific data absorbed form the external world as well as internal reactions tied to the memories.-2
4.) I store and retrieve detailed information in the sequence in which it happened.-2
5.) I compare current experience against stored past impressions and experiences-0
6.) I feel more comfortable when processes are repeatable-2
7.) I am comfortable and attempt to maintain traditions-0
8.) I attempt to do tasks as efficiently as possible, thus conserving energy-2

Introverted Intuition (or Ni):

1.) I get insights that seem to come out of thin air and I have learned to rely on them-2
2.) I get insights into intrinsic patterns and connections that may not seem linked to the external world.-1
3.) I reflect on ideas and inner patterns from many perspectives.-1
4.) I am aware that if I am patient, whatever I am perceiving will become crystal clear and I rely on that one perception as being the data I should trust-1
5.) I see things as the ultimately can be.-2
6.) I am energized by and make meaningful connections using visions, images, and symbols-2
7.) I interpret the intent behind situations, communications, or happenings.-3

Extraverted Thinking (or Te):

1.) I objectively define the scope of problems-4
2.) I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people-3
3.) I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program -4
4.) I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3-4
5.) I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion-3
6.) I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals-3
7.) I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations-2
8.) I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards-3

Extraverted Sensing (or Se):

1). I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting-3
2.) I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data-3
3.) I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them-4
4.) My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities-3
5.) I focus on the context of the present situation-3
6.) I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world-3
7.) I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.-4
8.) When involved in a sport I am able to be the ball or when driving I am able to be the car-2

Extraverted Feeling (or Fe):

1.) I look for and identify group norms-3
2.) I internalize cultural values and make them my own-0
3.) I know what is appropriate behavior in a given culture or situation and act accordingly-2
4). Because i consider it important I establish and build relationships with other people-2
5.) I build relationships by disclosing things about myself-3
6.) In order to maintain or establish relationships with other people I act to meet their needs-2
7.) I organize the external world to support group harmony-1
8.) I assess other peoples emotional states by watching their behavior-4
9.) I will do just about anything to maintain relationships with others who matter to me even if this creates internal tension for me.-1
11.) I judge my own and other peoples behavior according to cultural norms-0
12.) I attempt to educate others as to the appropriate behaviors that will help them fit in.-1

Extraverted Intuition (or Ne):

1.) I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events-5
2.) I notice missing parts or steps in patterns-5
3.) External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.-5
4.) I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships-5
5.) I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways-4
6.) I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.-5
7.) I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are-5
8.) I usually find something positive to see in most situations-4

There you go.~

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd say ENFP!!

P.S. It's nice to see someone who is familiar with the series. :)

Nice~

And it's a cool series. I take it not a lot of people really know about stuff related to this on this site? It's not really a problem. Just means, new experiences.

Rouskyrie

Sure, I can give it a shot. :)

There you go.~

Ne: 95%.
Fi: 66%.
Te: 65%.
Se: 63%.
Ni: 34%.
Fe: 32%.
Ti: 26%.
Si: 23%.

The result seems to line up with ENFP, which is the impression I got from your original post. I'm going to have to agree with [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION].

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ne: 95%.
Fi: 66%.
Te: 65%.
Se: 63%.
Ni: 34%.
Fe: 32%.
Ti: 26%.
Si: 23%.

The result seems to line up with ENFP, which is the impression I got from your original post. I'm going to have to agree with [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION].

Wow, 95% Ne? If I concentrated, it would be 100% Pure Concentrated Ne juice.

Ne juice. I believe I just invented something with my imagination.

Rouskyrie

Wow, 95% Ne? If I concentrated, it would 100% Pure Concentrated Ne juice.

Ne juice. I believe I just invented something with my imagination.

According to your answers, that's correct. Quite strong Ne. "Pure Concentrated Ne juice" sounds simply wonderful. Maybe it could be used to assist with inspiration? I'd buy it.

On a side note:

Now, for the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth functions.

The fifth function has been described like this: "This is usually the first process to jump to defend us, if we are articulating our mission in response to an insult, it is this process that we use. when people hear remarks from someone whose dominant process is their fifth process, they often 'blow it off before it even registers'. When someone is using this process a lot, we get frustrated and think "this is so dumb/pointless". (In this case, Ni).

The sixth like this: "One aspect of the process is that it is very good at taking care of other people but not very helpful for taking care of yourself. If someone is taking advantage of this, or if we are feeling stuck or powerless in any way, one solution is to 'tie down' others so that they don't get in our way. It accomplishes this by being viciously critical of others, demoralizing them and stopping them in their tracks. When we see this process in someone else, we might interpret everything they say as criticism." (In this case, Fe).

The seventh like this: "Another way to respond to being controlled is to set double-binding traps. Usually a significant part of someone's humor is about this process. We often distrust others when they are using this process." (In this case, Ti).

And finally, the eighth like this: "This is the most amoral of all the cognitive processes in our head, and a person's definition of evil is usually about this process. Often our most painful/traumatizing experiences in life involve this process. This process is often an empty vessel where society pours its influence. Long lasting hatreds also reside here. Most uses of this process are either awkward and painful, or completely phony and banal. If two people trigger the 8th process in each other, they often bring out the worst in each other." (In this case, Se).

Could you relate to those placements of your shadow functions?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Greetings, I am aware this is my first post here, but I have lurked often on and off whenever I manage to get the time to. I recently started to get into the MBTI personality and I've been curious about findi
Welcome, then!

I wouldn't want to be unnecessarily harsh, but you do know that listings of favorite color/animal/city and such are not nearly a validated data for securing one's personality type?

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Welcome, then!

I wouldn't want to be unnecessarily harsh, but you do know that listings of favorite color/animal/city and such are not nearly a validated data for securing one's personality type?

A true point, but when I saw someone else had used it, I figured it was probably a thing to do, but if you wanted a specific perspective, I was a bit curious as to how someone would manage to find answers to one's functions using indirect questions. Just figured there was a method to the madness, which was why I simply said I hoped the person did not mind me borrowing the template.

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
According to your answers, that's correct. Quite strong Ne. "Pure Concentrated Ne juice" sounds simply wonderful. Maybe it could be used to assist with inspiration? I'd buy it.

On a side note:

Now, for the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth functions.

The fifth function has been described like this: "This is usually the first process to jump to defend us, if we are articulating our mission in response to an insult, it is this process that we use. when people hear remarks from someone whose dominant process is their fifth process, they often 'blow it off before it even registers'. When someone is using this process a lot, we get frustrated and think "this is so dumb/pointless". (In this case, Ni).

The sixth like this: "One aspect of the process is that it is very good at taking care of other people but not very helpful for taking care of yourself. If someone is taking advantage of this, or if we are feeling stuck or powerless in any way, one solution is to 'tie down' others so that they don't get in our way. It accomplishes this by being viciously critical of others, demoralizing them and stopping them in their tracks. When we see this process in someone else, we might interpret everything they say as criticism." (In this case, Fe).

The seventh like this: "Another way to respond to being controlled is to set double-binding traps. Usually a significant part of someone's humor is about this process. We often distrust others when they are using this process." (In this case, Ti).

And finally, the eighth like this: "This is the most amoral of all the cognitive processes in our head, and a person's definition of evil is usually about this process. Often our most painful/traumatizing experiences in life involve this process. This process is often an empty vessel where society pours its influence. Long lasting hatreds also reside here. Most uses of this process are either awkward and painful, or completely phony and banal. If two people trigger the 8th process in each other, they often bring out the worst in each other." (In this case, Se).

Could you relate to those placements of your shadow functions?

Pretty much, it's amazing to me, to see some of the worst aspects of myself. Specifically the sixth function, I have an amazing knack for keeping other people on task, but not so much of a knack for keeping myself on track, constantly forgetting stuff. I can get like this when it comes to talking about a lot of movies I don't particularly like as well and I'm in a discussion about it, because it doesn't feel right to me, or if I didn't think it take a concept (or few) as far as it could've gone or was explored well enough.