• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think my Mbti type is?

Rouskyrie

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

The aspect of my personality that made me unsure of my type. Nothing specific, it's just that I can't seem to narrow down my type. When I feel I've gotten close, I tend to overthink it.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

What I yearn for in life is to help other people, because that's what feels right to me.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I can't recall a time that I've felt at my finest. I don't tend to feel anything more than okay. An exception is when I can help someone, it makes me feel as if I'm contributing to something and that makes me happy.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being criticized, I can't help but take it personally. The thought that I'm incompetent also makes me feel inferior. An example would be when someone asks to me find something and I can't seem to find it when it's right in front of my face. I'm often greeted with, "Are you blind? It's literally right there."

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

The thing that weighs most on my decisions is how exactly it will affect the people involved. I always try to ensure that the outcome will be the best possible one.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is normally what needs to be done. I wouldn't say that I like to have control of the outcome, but I'll inform the other group members that if they don't wish to take the time to put effort into the project that I'm fine with doing the work.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

A time when I had a lot of fun was at my open house. My memory of it was that we were sitting at the table making plans to play D&D later in the summer and discussing things. Things like Magic: The Gathering, the presidential election, music and our Enneagram types. I also would leave every so often to check up on my girlfriend who drifted away from the group due to all the socialization to make sure she was okay.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Plain and simply: When I want to learn something new, I tend to read a lot about it and think on it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I would say 0/10 because I was always that one kid at school who lost papers, forgot to turn things in and couldn't find anything to save my life. Then again, I never really tried. I was always caught up with talking to the person I was dating to pay attention to things like that.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The way I judge ideas is often making sure to keep an open mind: When someone offers a viewpoint/idea that I haven't yet considered, I will take it into account and be sure to ask questions to attain a better understanding. I will often look more into it after the conversation.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony by making sure that everyone is doing okay and belonging. If they don't feel a sense of belonging, I will make sure that they can find a place within the group. That is if they're comfortable with that, of course. Some people would prefer to be alone and I completely respect that. However, I always make sure they know they're welcome.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I tend to think before I speak when it comes to determining if something could potentially negatively affect someone else. However, when it comes to ideas, I tend to "think out loud" and prefer to discuss things with others.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know what I'm getting into before getting into action, unless I'm certain that immediate action is necessary to help someone. I feel that sometimes actions can speak louder than words, but other times, words can be just as effective.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I will be sure to hang out with my friends. I could always catch up on the show another time.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

When I'm stressed out, I tend to isolate myself from everyone. I've said things that are cold and rude without meaning to and I would rather not do that.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I can find something that I like about everyone I meet. Things that I tend to dislike are when people intentionally try to create conflict or when they are rude to others for no reason at all.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I absolutely love talking/learning about other people. I could listen to someone talk about themselves for hours and I'd most definitely take notes.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Myself. I spend a great deal of time focusing on other people and tend to forget about my own needs, which can be problematic sometimes.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends have told me that they perceive me as being "intelligent and a kind soul." A few of them are convinced that I'm a thinker, which is something I would disagree with. However, I'm open to the possibility. They would never say that I'm selfish or that I don't take their feelings into account.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would most likely spend the day playing D&D with my friends and girlfriend. After that, whatever they want to do, really.

Any idea as to what my type could be? If you need more information, feel free to comment and let me know. I wasn't sure what else to add, so I just filled out the questionnaire. I'll do my best to answer anything else that could help with typing me.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why deny your enfj-ness? But seriously, I sense Fe, but I always make everyone go through the gauntlet, no matter of certainty.

For S/N, are you someone who focuses on the present and the opportunities that are presented (Se) and focuses on meaning and future projection of that data (Ni)? Or do you focus on the possibilities of the present (though removed from the current reality) and focus on how the now relates to past experience (Si)?

For F/T:
Fe/Ti: Everyone seems to place value on this, so I guess I will place weight on that (Fe) but does it adhere to my internal logical following (Ti)?
Fi/Te" This is the way that feels right to me (Fi), is it efficient and yields sufficient progress (Te).

Rouskyrie

Why deny your enfj-ness? But seriously, I sense Fe, but I always make everyone go through the gauntlet, no matter of certainty.

For S/N, are you someone who focuses on the present and the opportunities that are presented (Se) and focuses on meaning and future projection of that data (Ni)? Or do you focus on the possibilities of the present (though removed from the current reality) and focus on how the now relates to past experience (Si)?

For F/T:
Fe/Ti: Everyone seems to place value on this, so I guess I will place weight on that (Fe) but does it adhere to my internal logical following (Ti)?
Fi/Te" This is the way that feels right to me (Fi), is it efficient and yields sufficient progress (Te).

Oh, no, I'm not denying it. I'm merely looking for more outside input. ENFJ does seem fitting, but I don't trust my judgment on its own.

I feel that I focus on meaning and future projection, but the more I read into Ni, the more foreign it seems to me. Maybe I'm oblivious to it, I'm not really sure why it seems so strange to me. However, Si doesn't resonate much with me, either.
As for Se, I feel it's either a neglected function, inferior, or not in the first four of my functional stack, because it's not something I can utilize well.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, no, I'm not denying it. I'm merely looking for more outside input. ENFJ does seem fitting, but I don't trust my judgment on its own.

I feel that I focus on meaning and future projection, but the more I read into Ni, the more foreign it seems to me. Maybe I'm oblivious to it, I'm not really sure why it seems so strange to me. However, Si doesn't resonate much with me, either.
As for Se, I feel it's either a neglected function, inferior, or not in the first four of my functional stack, because it's not something I can utilize well.

Assuming ENFJ here, your overall focus would be like this.
"Everyone seems to focus on the value of this, so I will strive for that as well. I may not agree with the norm all the time, but generally I just go with it (Fe).
"I can see where all this is heading. Not everyone sees what is ahead but I can help people with that. Give them the value of knowing what lies down the road (Ni)
"Knowing what's coming is all well and good, but sometimes one' just has to focus on the now (Se).
"This just doesn't make sense to me. I know cold logic does not help much, but this is one of those times (Ti).

Sound like you?

Rouskyrie

Assuming ENFJ here, your overall focus would be like this.
"Everyone seems to focus on the value of this, so I will strive for that as well. I may not agree with the norm all the time, but generally I just go with it (Fe).
"I can see where all this is heading. Not everyone sees what is ahead but I can help people with that. Give them the value of knowing what lies ahead (Ni)
"Knowing what's coming is all well and good, but sometimes one' just has to focus on the now (Se).
"This just doesn't make sense to me. I know cold logic does help much, but this is one of those times (Ti).

Sound like you?

I'd say that sounds like me.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have tons of Fe and the fact that you agreed with [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION] response, I agree with an NFJ typing. So much Fe.

Rouskyrie

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]. My apologies if this causes you any annoyance and/or inconvenience, but as an ENFJ, do you think you could offer your insight?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What is your E-type? Not tritype but core?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got ENFJ when reading. The 9 gives you an INFP flavor.

I think that may be the Enneagram influence of keeping peace. You mute YOUR thoughts more for the sake of harmony. So you aren't directing as much as say, a different E-type ENFJ, but cognitive processes are the same.

Rouskyrie

I got ENFJ when reading. The 9 gives you an INFP flavor.

I think that may be the Enneagram influence of keeping peace. You mute YOUR thoughts more for the sake of harmony. So you aren't directing as much as say, a different E-type ENFJ, but cognitive processes are the same.

Fair enough, that certainly makes sense. Thank you for replying.

Rouskyrie

[MENTION=29256]There[/MENTION]. My apologies to tag you and ask for an opinion like this, but I've spoken to you a bit, so your opinion would likely be quite helpful. What's your opinion? INFJ? ENFJ? Something else? :eek:

Gone

[MENTION=29256]There[/MENTION]. My apologies to tag you and ask for an opinion like this, but I've spoken to you a bit, so your opinion would likely be quite helpful. What's your opinion? INFJ? ENFJ? Something else? :eek:

Hello you!
Nice to hear from you! And don't apologize, it's my pleasure :)

Of course you can have my opinion:

Fe-dom Fe-aux Fe-tert Fe-inf Fe-everything. You're a giant ball of Fe.

I'd go for ENFJ. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. I didn't really consider anything else than ENFJ and ESFJ due to your amount of Fe, except for short comparisons to ISFJ and INFJ. ESFJ is out because I don't really see Si in your writing and your thought process. Ni though, quite a bit, but not half as prominent as it is in my INFJ best friend. She's as Ni as you are Fe, sooo... yeah ENFJ. Plus, I can't really imagine you going into Ni-Ti loops... at least not on a regular basis. I don't believe you could shut your Fe out.

Have you read about inferior functions? What are your thoughts about that?

Unbeatable bonus argument: I can imagine you in a golden glowing paladin armour with artificial wings and it wouldn't even look ridiculous. --> ENFJ. Case solved.
(Man. I just wanted to make a joke here, but thinking about it, I'm realizing I'm at least 30% serious. I can imagine almost everyone in a paladin armour, my mind does that sometimes, but most people look really silly in it. The ENFJs in my life don't. Not even the really small, nearly sphere-shaped one.)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What I yearn for in life is to help other people, because that's what feels right to me.
Are you able to go deep to that question? Have you learned to be nice and helpful at young age? Have you had long time (like 10 years) to decide if that's learned or innate?

Being criticized, I can't help but take it personally. The thought that I'm incompetent also makes me feel inferior. An example would be when someone asks to me find something and I can't seem to find it Do you feel deep you're rather a competent person who's been treated unfairly, or incompetent, who will have to justify existence?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is normally what needs to be done. I wouldn't say that I like to have control of the outcome, but I'll inform the other group members that if they don't wish to take the time to put effort into the project that I'm fine with doing the work.
Will this improve your chances at securing a good job? What then?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
The way I judge ideas is often making sure to keep an open mind: When someone offers a viewpoint/idea that I haven't yet considered, I will take it into account and be sure to ask questions to attain a better understanding. I will often look more into it after the conversation.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony by making sure that everyone is doing okay and belonging. If they don't feel a sense of belonging, I will make sure that they can find a place within the group. That is if they're comfortable with that, of course. Some people would prefer to be alone and I completely respect that. However, I always make sure they know they're welcome.
How about you, do you have and need belonging? What is the time when you are totally equal and comfortable with someone and you don't have too much of a task of being a host?Do people cater to your needs?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would most likely spend the day playing D&D with my friends and girlfriend. After that, whatever they want to do, really.
You seem like a nice young person who hasn't found the things to assert themselves for quite yet. It isn't a bad start, quite nice really. But you will probably find some conflict later in life from wanting some things and noticing friends don't always come first. I find your MBTI type indeterminate, though there's a nice amount of Fi, Fe and a slight amount of Ti.
Surely it's a P type for now if I'm to judge from evidence. Evidence, taken literally, would point to IxFp. What do you think? Where are you headed?

Rouskyrie

Are you able to go deep to that question? Have you learned to be nice and helpful at young age? Have you had long time (like 10 years) to decide if that's learned or innate?

Being criticized, I can't help but take it personally. The thought that I'm incompetent also makes me feel inferior. An example would be when someone asks to me find something and I can't seem to find it Do you feel deep you're rather a competent person who's been treated unfairly, or incompetent, who will have to justify existence?

Will this improve your chances at securing a good job? What then?

How about you, do you have and need belonging? What is the time when you are totally equal and comfortable with someone and you don't have too much of a task of being a host?Do people cater to your needs?

You seem like a nice young person who hasn't found the things to assert themselves for quite yet. It isn't a bad start, quite nice really. But you will probably find some conflict later in life from wanting some things and noticing friends don't always come first. I find your MBTI type indeterminate, though there's a nice amount of Fi, Fe and a slight amount of Ti.
Surely it's a P type for now if I'm to judge from evidence. Evidence, taken literally, would point to IxFp. What do you think? Where are you headed?

I would say yes. What I mean by "What I yearn for in life is to help other people, because that's what feels right to me" is that I aspire to help people, in any way that I can. But as a career related aspiration, I plan to study personality psychology and go on to become either a counselor or a prison psychologist, so that I can assist others in solving their problems and helping them to improve. The desire to help other people is to me, something innate.

I don't really feel that I'm incompetent, nor competent. I feel average. Some people tell me that I'm intelligent and that I should give myself more credit, but I've always felt nothing more than average intelligence-wise.

Belonging is something that I would like to have, but I don't necessarily need it. The time when I don't have the task of being a host isn't very often. When it does happen, it feels odd and though I should be contributing. People don't cater to my needs, but that's not something that bothers me.

IXFP? I first tested as INFP, but upon reading into the functions, it didn't seem fitting. However, I am open to the possibility that I could be an IXFP. Personally, I feel I'm some sort of XXFX, but other than that, I'm not really sure. The type that currently resonates most with me is ENFJ.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say yes. What I mean by "What I yearn for in life is to help other people, because that's what feels right to me" is that I aspire to help people, in any way that I can. But as a career related aspiration, I plan to study personality psychology and go on to become either a counselor or a prison psychologist, so that I can assist others in solving their problems and helping them to improve. The desire to help other people is to me, something innate.

I don't really feel that I'm incompetent, nor competent. I feel average. Some people tell me that I'm intelligent and that I should give myself more credit, but I've always felt nothing more than average intelligence-wise.

Belonging is something that I would like to have, but I don't necessarily need it. The time when I don't have the task of being a host isn't very often. When it does happen, it feels odd and though I should be contributing. People don't cater to my needs, but that's not something that bothers me.

IXFP? I first tested as INFP, but upon reading into the functions, it didn't seem fitting. However, I am open to the possibility that I could be an IXFP. Personally, I feel I'm some sort of XXFX, but other than that, I'm not really sure. The type that currently resonates most with me is ENFJ.

The first bolded is like stereotypical xnfj drive. The second bolded is what is usually seen in lower Ti, particularly inferior. Fi can do the same thing, of course.I believe @Entropic summed up the F difference well at PerC Practical Examples of Fi versus Fe.

Judging from some of your posts, you are able to articulate yourself very well and seem to have a great sentimental and openminded understanding of other people. I would consider that a kind of intelligence, especially a tremendous quality for someone who wants to be a counselor or a prison psychologist. And you definitely come off as an ENFJ to me. Your Fe appears to be the most dominant function. :)

Rouskyrie

Judging from some of your posts, you are able to articulate yourself very well and seem to have a great sentimental and openminded understanding of other people. I would consider that a kind of intelligence, especially a tremendous quality for someone who wants to be a counselor or a prison psychologist. And you definitely come off as an ENFJ to me. Your Fe appears to be the most dominant function. :)

Thank you for saying so and for taking the time to comment your opinion, I really appreciate it. :)