• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The classic: INFx or..?

sade

This is starting to annoy me. The nagging feeling that I might have INFJ tendensies, that something is just not at place with the INFP description. When it comes to posters on different forums, I feel a better connection towards the INFJs. I was just completely released from a tough life situation a month ago, so I'm actually giving this few months to see if I start resembling myself again and all that jazz..

Feel like analycing my results? I'd appreciate it.
PersonalDNA
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.9)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.8)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.7)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.8)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.7)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.6)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.4)
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.3)

And the MBTI test. I seem to score strong introvert, strong intuitive, about 60% Feeling and least Perceiving goes just above the scale. I remember getting both INFP and INFJ scores when I was 15, a year before the above mentioned situation began. I know I'm a strong NF with a strong catalyst temperament (also scored blue in those color things..). The Perceiving/Judging is a question marks for me partly because my ISTJ mom makes me feel like such a nonconformist, sensitive slob. Like there's something wrong with me, but truly I'm only nonconformist because I don't understand what she's trying to say nor where she's coming from. We have interesting conversations, when I'm trying to understand why she thinks something is 'bad', when in my point of view it isn't. "Why can't I wear a red dress in the winter, or skirts? Why shouldn't I feel sad when you've just told me someone I've trusted isn't worth trusting?"

I don't like showing my feelings to the outside and have very strong self control and a calm outer appearance, earlier in my life I considered myself an unemotional person because of this, just like everyone else did. I'm just private that's all. I get passive-aggressive every now and then. I can't stand constant fighting and bickering, it makes my empathy make me feel bad, especially when I can't do anything about it. I'm not a submissive nor dominant person, I have strong parts of both instead, which was confirmed through a psychological test that the tester kept looking at.. "That's really rare." I'm full of contradictions that I'm aware of. I love to perform and be in theatre, but hate to be the center of attention.(for an example.) I'm a dreamer. I like to run an imaginary theatre inside my head or think about filosophy or psychology, consentrat on the things around me. Wonder how they work and why. I normally find people easy to read. There are certain things that I just sense, like depression (I have proof of 10 people that I've thought to have some issues on this department actually also having them) or emotions.. stuff. I get on the same wavelenght as people and places easily.

I suppose I'm strange.
Opinions?
I think I'm taking the weirdo status for myself for now. :ninja:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would vote INFP but only by a 1% margin. *is not much help*

sade

I would vote INFP but only by a 1% margin. *is not much help*
Tough one, huh? It's still helpfull-ish. I did originally go for INFP - dreamer.
Hmm. Strong shadow processes possibly?

Now that I remember.. I do have some pretty dumb ideas and am spontaneous. I dragged my ENTP friend swimming in the middle of the night after the idea popped into my head. We visited a ghost house while we were at it. Sometimes she hits the brakes though, just like when she didn't want to go inside the house. Darn.

sade

It is, but I have a bunch of J features to balance it out. I even made a time frame in which we'd handle the swimming. I always need some sort of a 'frame' to know in which I can do as I please and cross the boarders when I please. (Fe, perhaps?)

I think I'm just going to hang on to the INFP description, we are a pretty varied bunch. And if anyone comes crying to me about it later, I'll point them here.

See, it was helpful. Also my old Holland codes that I found from my papers was useful. (IAR)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It is, but I have a bunch of J features to balance it out. I even made a time frame in which we'd handle the swimming. I always need some sort of a 'frame' to know in which I can do as I please and cross the boarders when I please.
That's what I call a human trait. It isn't as if Ps are all homeless, wandering, occasionally running away from a clock.

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
Figuring out your J and P are usually a matter of analyzing your free time. If you are someone that needs structure even during your free time, you are probably a J. If you prefer to do things more spontaneously than you are probably a P.

Remember it is about your preference.

It is not about what you have learned to do.

All of us Ps have learned to live in a J world. But during my free time, I make sure to keep it as spontaneous as possible. Some structure, but lots of flexibility. For example, it causes me no stress for plans to be changed or for times to alter. A true J will go thru (even if its only for a moment) a second of angst that the structure was altered.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Of course there are differing schools of thought on the issue. I might as well have said

"OMG IF DISSONANCE OR BLUEWING POST DON'T EVEN READ IT"

sade

That's what I call a human trait. It isn't as if Ps are all homeless, wandering, occasionally running away from a clock.

They aren't? OMG. :shock:
But really, I mentioned it mostly due to the fact that I noticed it a while ago from myself and how it affected the emotional reactions etc. inside my head. I was so used to not asking for a frame before, partly because it was pretty much apparent, partly because I was more flexiple. Now it lacked so.. You live and you learn.
Figuring out your J and P are usually a matter of analyzing your free time. If you are someone that needs structure even during your free time, you are probably a J. If you prefer to do things more spontaneously than you are probably a P.

Remember it is about your preference.

It is not about what you have learned to do.

All of us Ps have learned to live in a J world. But during my free time, I make sure to keep it as spontaneous as possible. Some structure, but lots of flexibility. For example, it causes me no stress for plans to be changed or for times to alter. A true J will go thru (even if its only for a moment) a second of angst that the structure was altered.

Must thank mom for hammering the J features into me. That confused me, the fact that I'm really organized, my flat is spotless and my deadlines hold, never late from anything.
My freetime is pretty spontaneuos, it would be horrid to have that structured. Everything is changing and so on.. no angst for it though. I don't really bat an eyelash. Thanks, that clarifyed it easily. :thumbup:

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
GRRRRRR NO DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!!!

Learn the functions!

or look here: INFJ or INFP? a closer look

or read BWs profiles:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/2238-infp-profile.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/4629-infj-profile.html

I think BWs profiles are the best, but it takes a while to read them.

Is this not an open forum for all of us to post our own thoughts and experience?? To come to our own conclusions??

Like in this case ...Is it crazy for someone to consider listening to me when I have been certified and using the MBTI professionally for 12 years?

Dissonance... open your mind... it's ok...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Like in this case ...Is it crazy for someone to consider listening to me when I have been certified and using the MBTI professionally for 12 years?
It's not crazy, but many of us realize that position doesn't necessarily require skill, and find it slightly condescending when others claim authority based on position. FYI.

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's not crazy, but many of us realize that position doesn't necessarily require skill, and find it slightly condescending when others claim authority based on position. FYI.

You offer your way of insight and I offer mine.

I don't care what advice or suggestion someone actually takes as long as it gives them something to think about.

I actually find it immature that any one find the need to cut someone else's ideas down just to make their own seem more valuable.

sade

GRRRRRR NO DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!!!

Learn the functions!

or look here: INFJ or INFP? a closer look

or read BWs profiles:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/2238-infp-profile.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/4629-infj-profile.html

I think BWs profiles are the best, but it takes a while to read them.

INFP is pretty safe ground atleast for now, so I'll devote some time for better examination later.
I checked the functions (an INFP shouldn't have Te&Si as the last ones..), the infj or infp site and so on before.. But the BW profiles wiped the floor with me. Maybe with a cup of coffee.
I know I prefer P, but why do the INFJ things ring a bell? I've been jammed on the Behind-the-scenes/ Chart-the-cource for a while. I know I don't use Informing style while talking, I use Directing (with huge amounts of please etc..).

Still giving it a couple of months, waiting for some stuff to slither back in use. To see what happens now.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP is pretty safe ground atleast for now, so I'll devote some time for better examination later.
I checked the functions (an INFP shouldn't have Te&Si as the last ones..), the infj or infp site and so on before.. But the BW profiles wiped the floor with me. Maybe with a cup of coffee.
I know I prefer P, but why do the INFJ things ring a bell? I've been jammed on the Behind-the-scenes/ Chart-the-cource for a while. I know I don't use Informing style while talking, I use Directing (with huge amounts of please etc..).

Still giving it a couple of months, waiting for some stuff to slither back in use. To see what happens now.

Honestly I wish you the best of luck in reaching resolution with your type. I find all of the various methods at determining type...rather contradictory at best.

But hopefully you'll find something that just ties it all together for you.

sade

Honestly I wish you the best of luck in reaching resolution with your type. I find all of the various methods at determining type...rather contradictory at best.

But hopefully you'll find something that just ties it all together for you.
Thanks.
Personally I'm taking the stance of whichever seems to fit the best. Might take a while though.

Jack Flak Too many similarities. Around half of the things written actually. I find similarities with other types too, but not enough to bother.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jack Flak Too many similarities. Around half of the things written actually. I find similarities with other types too, but not enough to bother.
I shall contemplate this.

redacted

All I meant was you can't type the PvsJ divide by itself.

It's especially hard for INFxs.