• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The classic: INFx or..?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I read some of your posts and you don't seem as INFP as I originally thought. Elimination is probably my best method in this case, since I've known several INFPs quite well, but have less contact with INFJs.

Offhand, I would recommend reading the borderline descriptions of INFJ: ENFJ, ISFJ, and INTJ. If those are more like you than the INFP borderline types, it might mean progress. This is advice based on personal experience and observation, not necessarily a book.

heart

heart on fire
Sade, what is your initial reaction to the following quote from Kiddo an INFJ board member:

And as far as the analogy goes, I was saying that individuals will never stop being who they are by adapting different perceptions, values, beliefs, etc. when they encounter different times, environment, situations, etc. because individuals never lose their original perceptions, values, beliefs, etc.

In other words, a hare is no less a hare by turning white in the winter. It was a brown hare at one point and it can be a brown hair again.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
040713_jennings_vmed_5p.widec.jpg

What is ":rolli:"?

sade

I read some of your posts and you don't seem as INFP as I originally thought. Elimination is probably my best method in this case, since I've known several INFPs quite well, but have less contact with INFJs.

Offhand, I would recommend reading the borderline descriptions of INFJ: ENFJ, ISFJ, and INTJ. If those are more like you than the INFP borderline types, it might mean progress. This is advice based on personal experience and observation, not necessarily a book.
You took the time to do that? Thank you.
I think the ENFJ fits better than ENFP for one thing, I noticed that quite some time ago. I tried to go through the rest, but they simply weren't like me enough to hold interest. For one thing I find INTJs more understandable than INTPs. (sorry..)

Sade, what is your initial reaction to the following quote from Kiddo an INFJ board member:
Initial reaction? That it's true and nicely put, pretty flow of language. Second reaction is analycing. Eriksson's and other personality theories pop into my head. How the personality comes to be, atleast for an adult the quote would be true. And Evolution theory too to boot, since I'm a Biology major. (Waiting for my brown fur to grow back. Bunch of white blotches still here.)

What is ":rolli:"?
I suppose so. :D I just hate it when people come later complaining to me about stuff I've tried to warn them about before.

heart

heart on fire
Initial reaction? That it's true and nicely put, pretty flow of language. Second reaction is analycing. Eriksson's and other personality theories pop into my head. How the personality comes to be, atleast for an adult the quote would be true. And Evolution theory too to boot, since I'm a Biology major. (Waiting for my brown fur to grow back. Bunch of white blotches still here.)

If you think it's true and nicely put, I feel pretty safe in placing my vote for INFJ over INFP, I think most Fi folks gag to think of altering their values to suit the moral mood of the moment. :cheese:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
GRRRRRR NO DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!!!

Learn the functions!

or look here: INFJ or INFP? a closer look

or read BWs profiles:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/2238-infp-profile.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/4629-infj-profile.html

I think BWs profiles are the best, but it takes a while to read them.

besides the fact that dissonance has a problem with his caps lock key, he makes a good point. functions tell all.

also, dont trust the tests, they generally suck

sade

Okay. I would now bet $20 that you're INFJ.
20$, I think that's good, but it depends only on whether you're cheap or not when betting.

If you think it's true and nicely put, I feel pretty safe in placing my vote for INFJ over INFP, I think most Fi folks gag to think of altering their values to suit the moral mood of the moment. :cheese:
I've been trying to think of a way to answer that. I ques all I can say is that I don't really alter them they just aren't well defined and flex. For my defence :cheese: But really, I truly think the quote is true, people change themselves, I do too, but the thing at the bottom doesn't really change. Only the point of view and surroundings. Yes, I'm the type to sneak in to see a movie without paying if no one notices. :blush:
besides the fact that dissonance has a problem with his caps lock key, he makes a good point. functions tell all.

also, dont trust the tests, they generally suck
I thought the caps lock was amusing.
I know I'm a bit biased on somethings in the tests, and the results are completely dependent on my answers so.. mistakes happen. I know my Si sucks.
I've been having this feeling now that I've over looked the INFJ profile partly because it seems so mundane, except the parts where someone has decided to throw in some weird things. Mystic my arse. There've been some stuff in the INFP profile that have made me go, yes, I've done that! At some point after figuring it out, and later after remembering that there's such a thing. even before my ventures into mbti land..

I'm going to go through the functions properly now..

I think I'm going to change my type into infj for now, since I've gotten some evidence on my hunch from here. And thank you for all for now.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
good idea. your functions would be as follows: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

remember, Ni and Si, though very different work in a very similar fashion, Fe vs. Te, Ti vs Fi, Se vs Ne, and so on

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
20$, I think that's good, but it depends only on whether you're cheap or not when betting.
I don't gamble, so that's a big bet. I often place theoretical wagers in my rhetoric to display my confidence.

sade

I don't gamble, so that's a big bet. I often place theoretical wagers in my rhetoric to display my confidence.
I've noticed you do that, but I decided to mess with you anyway since I couldn't come up with anyother response. Stupid flu.
good idea. your functions would be as follows: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

remember, Ni and Si, though very different work in a very similar fashion, Fe vs. Te, Ti vs Fi, Se vs Ne, and so on
Hmm. The last part was helpful. I've somehow managed to notice the difference between Si & Ni, for the rest I'm still trying to grasp the idea. But I've got bunch of descriptions in front of me.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
im sure people are sick of me pushing function orientation but guess what, im going to push it yet again lol sorry guys

to make a long story short, functions are pointless as individual entities. they dont do anything. its like a quarterback on a football team without other team mates and the only thing he knows how to do is throw the ball. pretty much, hes screwed.

this is the long story. the way I see functions, in the most simple and general form is this: the first two functions are two scholars that are both wise (in two different but somewhat related fields) but they are both speaking different languages. the tertiary function is the translator between the two "scholars". the shadow lends itself as backup and in many cases determines how good the tertiary is at "translating".

ok im done

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
the first two functions are two scholars that are both wise (in two different but somewhat related fields) but they are both speaking different languages. the tertiary function is the translator between the two "scholars". the shadow lends itself as backup and in many cases determines how good the tertiary is at "translating".
Naturally. For example, I take the most data in through extraverted intuition, and make decisions with introverted thinking. data without processing is useless, as is decision without information. (But I still think f.a. does a silly job explaining things).