• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INTP or ENTP?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was first typed as a INTP but as I have given my type further thought it sometimes seems I may be ENTP. Below are the reasons why I think I could be each type.

ENTP

. I seem to have a decent Fe as I am considered warm, friendly and charming.

. I think I lead with Ne rather than Ti a lot as I tend to first blurt out ideas before logically considering them.

. I am considered quite talkative and sitting at home all day drains me.

. I am energized by talking to people who interest me.

INTP

. I value my alone time to relax.

. I am shy when it comes to meeting new people.

. I seem to use Si a lot.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
On this I'd think you'd lean more towards ENTP than INTP.

Sitting at home all day drains you but you value your time alone, even extroverts need their alone time for relaxing but not for as long as introverts. Socially, you say you blurt out ideas before logically considering them, and having known a few ENTPs in real life, this fits that bill. You say you're warm, friendly and charming and you probably have a good sense of humour.

Though if I'd argue for you being an INTP, how would you describe how you use your Si? Do you you reminisce a lot? Is it easy for you to regurgitate facts? Even if you feel you have a decent Fe, do you commit many social Faux Pas ever? How's your hair? The shyness thing can affect extroverts too - I'm not that shy around new people, I just find it hard to speak as I'm likely to say something I shouldn't...

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am quite good socially but this has been a recent thing and I still make social faux passes now and again like not knowing when my questions are getting too personal for another person and failing to read their discomfort until it was obvious and then I apologized. I do seem to use a lot of Si as I have quite a good memory and I like to remises on the past. For example when I look at photos of myself as a young child I get teary eyed with bittersweet nostalgia. I also have days on occasion when I drown in nostalgia all day but they are rare and it is mostly when I am slightly stressed or when I have nothing to do. (Speaking of the hair question I presume you are asking about my general grooming, I am oblivious to the state of my hair and facial hair and it takes other people to tell me to take care of my grooming but I have good personal hygiene so don't worry I don't smell :D (At least I hope not but my Fe tells me people are not showing signs of disgust towards me)

I posted this description of how I used Si and another person remarked that this looked a lot like tert Si.

I have a sentimental side when it comes to the past. For example I got overwhelmed with emotion and memories when I see photos of my old school.

I like to have some sense of routine and stability in my day to day life. It can affect my mood and general feeling when I feel out of routine.

I have a good memory for details. People are often shocked when I remember something from years ago but this is somewhat selective as I would say I have a good long term memory but bad short term memory. For example I often put something down then forget where I put it then after a couple of hours remember where I put it.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP seems about right i think