• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Don't Even Know (ENTP VS INTP)

PuppyGoggles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
So it looks like I'm dealing with yet another identity crisis.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/75680-helllo-care-type-newbie.html

For reference. Right now I feel torn between INTP or ENTP in regards to my personality type. Given how tightly knit and similar the two personalities are, it's difficult discern my true personality. Most people tend to label me as an INTP, however, I could never fully identify with all intricacies of said personality (I never mean to be meticulous -- I just happen to notice things other can't). I also have little interest and patience for left-brained activities such the hard sciences and mathematics (too dry for my tastes). Am I truly an ENTP or perhaps a completely different personality? I guess that's up for you guys to decide.

1-what makes you angry?

To be honest, not many things rile me up. It really depends on the context of the situation and the individuals involved. Generally speaking, uncompromising and personalities and injustice tend to grind my gears. The former because I can't see why it's so difficult to reach a feasible compromise, and the latter because, well because I can't see why someone would want to harm someone with good intentions. Also rude and narcissistic characters are a huge turn off for me.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?

The fact that humans feel the need and urge to compete with each other over external accomplishments. What precisely makes the average college student different than the Ivy League student? Does success equate to someone's true potential? Personally, I don't believe so.

3-do you like animals? why?

I know quite a bit about a quite a few species of animals (more so than anyone else in my family), and while I do enjoy their company, I just see them sort of...boring you could say? IMO, they lack the creativity and imagination that humans possess, and enjoying them from afar is something I do indulge in. And if it's of any assistance, the differentiating lines between humanity and the rest of the animal kingdom is a huge obsession of mine.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

Compassion and understanding. Literally. Perhaps they don't understand what I'm going through but at least they're willing to listen and offer advice (even if I'm too stubborn to take it). And the people I tend to look up to, well, I admire them because of the mark they've placed on this Earth, and the fact that they have the endurance and discipline to become successful in their respective fields.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?

Hah. Lots of things. My inability to commit to anything (I was planning out short story set in Ming Dynasty China until I started procrastinating and ended up here), my social awkwardness, my lack of self-esteem, and my passiveness.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?

Not when I was younger by I certainly do now. Generally speaking I enjoy expressing myself through dress and accessories.

you prefer to fit in or stand out?

Stand out, of course.

8-what activities do you enjoy?

Thinking (literally you could pay me to sit around and daydream), listening to music, brainstorming, and keeping myself busy with simple activities such as chores or engaging in a walk. I tend to get restless rather easily. (I'm rarely sitting down for too long and I'm always digging for excuses to move about.)

9-what makes you feel secure?

Just being around like-minded people and fun-loving people who enjoy a good jest or can enjoy a joke. They allow me to loosen my shell and I feel safe enough to express myself.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?

I've fancied the idea but commitment is sort of terrifying, imo. My biggest fear is that I'll grow bored of said person and want to move on, or discover that I didn't really admire them as I thought I had.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...

Fun-loving individuals, private moments where I can sit down to write/think, playing video games, traveling (I could never be in one place for too long), studying different cultures & history, reading, watching TV, engaging in a solitary sport (e.g., track), mingling with like-minded people, and talking about my passions to people who are less versed in them.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?

Human nature, existence, story ideas I could employ in the future, etc.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

I was still pretty shy as a child but I did have a tendency to get into trouble because of mouth (even as a child I didn't tolerate disrespect), cry when caught in vulnerable moments, or say act in erratic ways to prove a point. Now I'm more melancholic/depressed, restless, wry, and creative than I was as a youth.

Last edited:

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
low energy levels and being less action oriented tends to point towards being introverted, if that helps at all

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Edit: Nevermind, I found your questionnaire. You sound like an INTP to me, but it's your final call.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well definitely I you're vibing.

Binary questions are SO boring.

Gone

If you're an INTP, I'll have to reevaluate my own type. Again.
:laugh:

No, seriously, I just read your last questionnaire and ENTP seems quite likely in my eyes. Your Fe seems alright, not cringeworthy enough to be inferior. Also your habit of creating social personas.
Maybe have a look at inferior Fe vs inferior Si.

Also note that Ne is not necessarily a people function. Ne-doms need input from outside, but outside does not have to mean direct social contact.

And this:
Definitely an activity in my own. I used to be more energized by people when I was younger, but now I get burned out extremely fast, even with a few people. (Unless we're having a fun/productive conversation)
Ask yourself, why do you get burned out? Is it because of the people, or is the conversation just boring as hell, contains nothing new, they dismiss your ideas, and you can think of a million better things to do?

Of course I can't say for sure, just some food for thought.

Care to ping me when you finished this questionnaire?^^

PuppyGoggles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=29256]There[/MENTION]

Honestly? I find it difficult to find people to relate to on a personal level. Like, unless an individual is indulging in some sort of engrossing idea (in which I'll chime in with my own ideas), I find myself growing bored with people find myself not relating to anyone at all. Even with family members and friends I sometimes find myself growing bored or tired of interacting with them. If it helps at all, I tend to let loose when dealing with people I can trust (I tend to become chatty, caustic, and just plain eccentric) -- but I rarely find myself dealing with those sort of people. Essentially I'm uncomfortable in my own skin and my sense of identity is fickle, lol

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If it is just between intp and entp, what rules you more? Are you more prone to make sure everything (your actions and understanding) follows your personal system of logic? Or are you more driven to follow possibilities and/or actualizing them? You seem more ENTP to me.

PuppyGoggles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like toying with ideas and the possibility that they could come to fruition, however, as soon as they become a reality I become bored almost instantly and flit back to my drawing board.

As far as logic goes, I have a few strict philosophies about human nature and what people should do in order to benefit the species as a whole, but I won't impose this ideas on other people. They are just opinions after all. When I express an idea but just tend to go, "Huh that makes sense" or "you have a good point." I rarely try to adhere to a strict line of logic, I just act on what makes sense in my mind.

PuppyGoggles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Finally finished this bad puppy~ (aka the questionnaire).

EDIT: I'll also reiterate, if you're thinking that I'm probably some other type, by all means chime in.

Gone

Yup.

*does the ENTP dance*

Your answer to the animal question is interesting.

Please write your short story.