• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or INFJ please help ! :)

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
Hello, it's been more than one year since I've discovered MBTI and I kinda always feel not sure about the type I am. At first, I thought that I was an INFP, I think that I use Fi more than Fe but I'm not sure, and I always felt that I did'nt fit at all into the INFP stereotype. Then I did the test and I got INFJ, and by doing some research about the type, a felt that I belonged more to this type, and I think that I use Ni, but now I feel confuse between those two types I feel very lost . (sorry if I did english mistakes, not my first language haha)

Here's some caracteristics about me that may help :

- I'm very sensible and emotional.
- I feel different most of the time and with anybody
- I have a lack of confident and I always feel that I need others approbation, but at the same time people say that I have charisma
- I love arts, philosophy and psychology and I'm often daydreaming
- I'm in constant search of my identity
- I have the bad habit to use mbti as a tool to shape my personality and the way I act
- I love having a sense of belonging

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome to the forums.

How about a few questions to help me help you?

1. How are you when you get really upset?

2. How do you get back to normal?

3. Is it easy or hard to brainstorm?

There are more, but that can get us going.

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
Welcome to the forums. How about a few questions to help me help you? 1. How are you when you get really upset? 2. How do you get back to normal? 3. Is it easy or hard to brainstorm? There are more, but that can get us going.
1- I rarely get upset, but when I do it comes out of nowhere and it's pretty aggressive haha..
2- I speak to myself and I do my best to be rationnal, but I mostly get back to normal with time
3- it's easy to brainstorm, that's pretty much it haha

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1- I rarely get upset, but when I do it comes out of nowhere and it's pretty aggressive haha..
2- I speak to myself and I do my best to be rationnal, but I mostly get back to normal with time
3- it's easy to brainstorm, that's pretty much it haha

Ok, brainstorming is often a trait of those that use external intuition (aka Ne). People that use Ni (internal intuition) often struggle with brainstorming, as they tend to come to a single conclusion rather than multiple possibilities.

All NJs use Ni, as do SPs. As such, by that alone, you are unlikely to be either.

I therefore expect that you are a NP of some sort, but I am not sure if as to your judging axis.

Ever person has an internal and an external judging function. One is dominant, one is secondary. One wil be a feeling function, one will be a judging function.

There are 4 types of NPs.

INFPs are Fi doms, meaning they use internal feeing (Fi) as their dominant function. Internal feeling in the dominant position can provide great and deep insights into others, if they have spent the time to delve in places extremely uncomfortable to most. They do use by looking in themselves to find what others are feeling.

Fi doms can be greatly compassionate and understanding, but they communicate using their external judging function, external Thinking (Te), which is the inferior position for them. Fi doms often feel much more than they express and can occassionally speak in a manner than can sound harsh, but it is more object oriented and impersonal. This does not mean they are less loving than others, just that their words don't always match what they feel, because words can become inadequate to verbalize their intense feelings.

INTPs are often brilliant at understanding the world in unique ways. They use internal thinking (Ti) as their primary function. They can be very logical. They use external feeling to communicate and judge people, but itvis the inferior position, so it is often very weak, especially when young. INTPs can be extremely socially awkward, unfortunately, and may not be able to adequately express their logic with their words.

ENTPs are know as the lawyer type. The are highy engaged with the world (Ne) looking at endless possibilities. They tend to enjoy arguing. Their Fe is tertiary, so they tend to understand others well, but remain more self focused with their auxiliary Ti. ENTPs find things as correct, but may be less committed to right vs. wrong.

ENFPs are known as the most introverted extroverts, leading some to believe they are INFPs. They tend, like the ENTPs, take awhile to settle down in career and life, looking constantly at new ideas and possibilities. ENFPs are often as insightful as INFPs, but not as locked into their judgment, and can use tert Te effectively.

So, you have 4 possibilities and your Fi vs Ti isn't clear.

Are you more values oriented or logic oriented? Are you group oriented?

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
Ok, brainstorming is often a trait of those that use external intuition (aka Ne). People that use Ni (internal intuition) often struggle with brainstorming, as they tend to come to a single conclusion rather than multiple possibilities. All NJs use Ni, as do SPs. As such, by that alone, you are unlikely to be either. I therefore expect that you are a NP of some sort, but I am not sure if as to your judging axis. Ever person has an internal and an external judging function. One is dominant, one is secondary. One wil be a feeling function, one will be a judging function. There are 4 types of NPs. INFPs are Fi doms, meaning they use internal feeing (Fi) as their dominant function. Internal feeling in the dominant position can provide great and deep insights into others, if they have spent the time to delve in places extremely uncomfortable to most. They do use by looking in themselves to find what others are feeling. Fi doms can be greatly compassionate and understanding, but they communicate using their external judging function, external Thinking (Te), which is the inferior position for them. Fi doms often feel much more than they express and can occassionally speak in a manner than can sound harsh, but it is more object oriented and impersonal. This does not mean they are less loving than others, just that their words don't always match what they feel, because words can become inadequate to verbalize their intense feelings. INTPs are often brilliant at understanding the world in unique ways. They use internal thinking (Ti) as their primary function. They can be very logical. They use external feeling to communicate and judge people, but itvis the inferior position, so it is often very weak, especially when young. INTPs can be extremely socially awkward, unfortunately, and may not be able to adequately express their logic with their words. ENTPs are know as the lawyer type. The are highy engaged with the world (Ne) looking at endless possibilities. They tend to enjoy arguing. Their Fe is tertiary, so they tend to understand others well, but remain more self focused with their auxiliary Ti. ENTPs find things as correct, but may be less committed to right vs. wrong. ENFPs are known as the most introverted extroverts, leading some to believe they are INFPs. They tend, like the ENTPs, take awhile to settle down in career and life, looking constantly at new ideas and possibilities. ENFPs are often as insightful as INFPs, but not as locked into their judgment, and can use tert Te effectively. So, you have 4 possibilities and your Fi vs Ti isn't clear. Are you more values oriented or logic oriented? Are you group oriented?

I'd say that I'm more oriented towards feelings more than logic (I'm not really good at logic haha) but I don't know if I would say that I'm an Enfp or Infp, I've never thought of me as an enfp but now that you bring it to me it may me a possibility

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
INFP - this site seemed to say a part of what I want to say. But I would add on to your extraverted cognitive function that you project - the impression you gave me has one thing in common with INTP. You in front of others, the outside world, to you, you look at it primary as possibility. Something I agree with the site is, I am especially "secondary" in brainstoming. I just myself shoot at the main point straight away and in a single hit.

magikxmushroom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/5
INFP - this site seemed to say a part of what I want to say. But I would add on to your extraverted cognitive function that you project - the impression you gave me has one thing in common with INTP. You in front of others, the outside world, to you, you look at it primary as possibility. Something I agree with the site is, I am especially "secondary" in brainstoming. I just myself shoot at the main point straight away and in a single hit.

Yeah, I kinda understand, I guess I'm an INFP hehe Thank you !