• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So confused about my type, HELP ME

kathleen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Hello!

I'm really confused about my type. I don't know wheter I'm an INFJ, INTJ or ISTJ (I know these are opposite and not what makes my job easier...)

Here's some point of my personality that might help you typing me.

- I've always thought I was an INFJ but looking back, I am less intuitive than I thought and I act with logic and often put my feelings aside.

- I want to give meaning to my life, do what I like because I think we have only one life and we should enjoy the moment

- I always listen to my friends when they need me but I feel like I don't really feel involved, as if deep down I don't care. Which sometimes scares me.
Even with my mother, Over time, I have less tolerance with her many problems, as if I was insensitive.

- People often come to me to make decisions because they think I'm very responsible and smart.

- When I have to learn something, I do not synthesize because I'm afraid of missing something, so I study all by heart.

- When I get a bad grades (for example) I'm very hard on myself which makes me a perfectionist.

- When working in a project with other students, I like to have control on everything because I like when it's done my way. When it become chaos, I get angry and panick.

- I'm a very enthusiastic person. I love adventure and traveling and I do not see myself lead a boring life.

- My favourite movie is The dead poets society

- I am interested in the arts, I do theater and dance, BUT, I do not like maths.

- When I face a problem, I can be detached and cool heads

- I tend to make my decisions on logic however I'm always afraid of hurting my family by my choices.

- I often daydream. I have a notebook where I invent a life for me and my friends. I even deduce their MBTI and their Hogwart's houses. I'm a sorting hat somehow.

- I am a very idealistic person and I am part of a humanitarian group that I created

- I do not like conflict, but if I have to face it, I do it without hesitation.

- My hogwarts house is Gryffindor and I identify myelf with Hermione Granger.

- I am obsessed with good grades. Sometimes I wake at 5 just to study. I want to be the best of my class.

- I like movies (sci-fi, fantastic, dramatic), books, tv shows (got) but I dislike horror movies, not because I'm afraid (well sometimes I do ahaha) but because it does not make sense and it can turn to ridicule, without depth.

- One of my best friends typed me as an INFJ and another ISTJ (and she's conviced that I am an ISTJ). This friend thinks I'm a brave, smart and very independant person who doesn't give up easily but that I am reserved and autodestructive.

- She compares me to Belle (disney), Hermione,Clarke Griffin (the 100), Annabeth Chase

- during school, I always ask a concrete example for me to understand the concept, and I prefer step-by-step instructions.

- I'm a very kind and warm person and I motivate other people.

- I tend to analyse EVERYTHING

- When I witness a conflict, I see all points of view, so to me it's hard to take sides.

- I'm 5w6

- I also think my obsession to find my type count in my analysis? ahah

That's all I think. I hope that's enough and that you can help me :) ( sorry if my english isn't perfect but I'm french)

Good evening

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xntx. Intj or intp. I'm leaning more Intj because of the control aspect. I said Intp too because you like to understand why rather than automatically synthesize, but that just may be your type 5 nature showing.

skimpit

"When working in a project with other students, I like to have control on everything because I like when it's done my way. When it become chaos, I get angry and panick."

ISTJ, man. I have a good friend who is an ISTJ and even though she says she trusts everyone around her, she's the one quietly orchestrating things so that they don't go wrong. She very good at maths and can do equations easily, and when she sees someone doing it wrong (when it's actually not too hard - in her opinion, of course) she kind of freaks out a little and is like, do you want me to help? *hinthint* And you're kind of like, sure... And then realize it was a passive-aggressive way of telling you you suck. So yeah. ISTJ-isms, mhm.

"I tend to analyse EVERYTHING"

People have this conception that ISTJs aren't the best analyzers, but they actually are because Te/Si is very focused on perfection and following models. These would be, of course, the models created in their head from memories and other factors. It can seem like Ni because in combination, they really work hard to find the solution using what's available to the user. Think of an ISTJ like a computer, and each new memory is a program installed on it. The more programs they have, the more powerful they are.

Right now though, I'm leanin' ISFP, INFP, or ISTJ for you. I'm seeing Fi in there somewhere.

kathleen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Thank you for your answers. Does anyone else have an opinion?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJs can be logical, INTJs and ISTJs can be emotional. If you're that sure of IxxJ, though, it helps a lot and tells you a lot about yourself without having to go any further.

I see that you type yourself as 5w6. While rare, a 5w6 INFJ can seem INTJ-ish. As for IxTJ, 5w6 is very typical, as is 6w5.

The real question is how do you actually think and process things. This is a remarkably difficult question to answer, because while you know more about how you think than anyone else, you're also going to be entirely unaware of how you think as compared to how other people think. I can usually only determine this by interacting with lots of different people, discussing ideas at a fairly deep level. I suggest you do the same.

On this typology forum, you have an entire history of posts over the last several years by people of all types. Some of those people will be wrongly typed, but most will be entirely accurate. Read those posts, in threads you are interested about. Note what kind of posts people of each type make, and see which make the most sense to you. What you'll notice is that a lot of people you might even agree with will argue their points in ways you disagree with, attacking problems from angles that make no sense to you. Note their types: these people are not your type. You'll also notice a lot of people you might even disagree with, but you like how they make their points and it's remarkably easy to see where they're coming from. These people are probably your type or close to your type. Get enough samples and you'll have an intuitive grasp of which type you are and which types you aren't. I should note that this takes weeks/months, not hours/days.

And don't expect people to accurately type you based on one post you make. You are so much more than your self description, but you probably don't realize how much you left out. It's these other trivial details that are impossible to put in an enumerated list that describe who you really are. I can't determine your exact type from your post any more than I could learn to dance from a textbook. You learn about other people (and yourself) by interacting with them, by "dancing" with them, as it were. ;) Eventually, you build an internal catalog of what people are like (in whatever system, not just MBTI), and from that you know where your entry is in that catalog.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJs can be logical, INTJs and ISTJs can be emotional. If you're that sure of IxxJ, though, it helps a lot and tells you a lot about yourself without having to go any further.

I see that you type yourself as 5w6. While rare, a 5w6 INFJ can seem INTJ-ish. As for IxTJ, 5w6 is very typical, as is 6w5.

The real question is how do you actually think and process things. This is a remarkably difficult question to answer, because while you know more about how you think than anyone else, you're also going to be entirely unaware of how you think as compared to how other people think. I can usually only determine this by interacting with lots of different people, discussing ideas at a fairly deep level. I suggest you do the same.

On this typology forum, you have an entire history of posts over the last several years by people of all types. Some of those people will be wrongly typed, but most will be entirely accurate. Read those posts, in threads you are interested about. Note what kind of posts people of each type make, and see which make the most sense to you. What you'll notice is that a lot of people you might even agree with will argue their points in ways you disagree with, attacking problems from angles that make no sense to you. Note their types: these people are not your type. You'll also notice a lot of people you might even disagree with, but you like how they make their points and it's remarkably easy to see where they're coming from. These people are probably your type or close to your type. Get enough samples and you'll have an intuitive grasp of which type you are and which types you aren't. I should note that this takes weeks/months, not hours/days.

And don't expect people to accurately type you based on one post you make. You are so much more than your self description, but you probably don't realize how much you left out. It's these other trivial details that are impossible to put in an enumerated list that describe who you really are. I can't determine your exact type from your post any more than I could learn to dance from a textbook. You learn about other people (and yourself) by interacting with them, by "dancing" with them, as it were. ;) Eventually, you build an internal catalog of what people are like (in whatever system, not just MBTI), and from that you know where your entry is in that catalog.

This is how i determine type. I look at the mental, perceptual underlying patterns, not whether people agree, disagree, have same values, morals, etc. Its not an instant read for everyone. Once this is done you can start to pick up all the little nuances that is colored by enneagram, other DSM, etc.