• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Help Type Me. Please.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. I have been a lurker for a couple of years and finally joined you all. I have been trying to type myself for a few years, yet haven't set on a type, so I just identified as isfp.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Mostly it would boil down to my social anxiety. I really don't get the chance (have courage to follow through is more like it) to see what I like and focus on.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I just want to have fun. I can't really explain why.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I would say when I was playing a team game (field sports). I like to show off. Having people think your impressive was nice. Plus, I liked to let loose.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not really having a purpose. Everyone I know seems to know what to do in life, know what career they want, life goals, etc. Me, I always just focused on things one day at a time. As my mother would say, I'm "coasting". I don't really have a problem with it, but when people harp on it, it makes me think.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It depends. In general I decide by what I want and what is the most enjoyable. However, I know there are times that what has to be done, has to be done, whether I like it or not.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I would like to have some influence on the outcome. It really wouldn't make sense to me if I was working on a project, yet my efforts would be all for naught.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I can't really pinpoint a single event, but I would say the times I was playing with people, displaying my skills. It felt good to have confidence.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
It depends. I have a tendency to observe and do it myself. From learning how a car works to fixing a game console, I like to see how it's done, then do it. YouTube is a good teacher. :)
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Me.. organized?.. please. I am probably the messiest person you would ever meet (aside from hoarders). My room looks like ground zero of a warhead impact. Even during my school days, my locker was a sight to behold. But the funny thing is, I am very good at organizing objects to fit in the environment, like playing a live version of Tetris. Life wise, I don't really plan anything. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to" pretty much sums up my style. I can set up plans, but that's more ad hoc.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do a bit of both. It has to make sense to me and have at least some evidence behind it. More of the latter probably.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being
yourself?
I just do my thing. I'll try to help you if you ask, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do so.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I really don't know. I'd like to think that I think before speaking, but I put my foot in my mouth far too often. I would say group conversations because I'm a poor conversationalist so awkward silence is inevitable during one-on-one. And I find group discussions more lively. One-on-one is only good if I'm close to you or have a similar hobby to talk about.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I would say now I think before doing. However, when I was younger, I was pure impulse. Actions do speak louder than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Well, if the activity would be fun, I would go. I mean, what is not able to be re-watched these days?
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Moody, snappy. A bit aggressive.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are jerks (well...above and beyond jerks). And people who are super objective all the time and push that on others. Let people do their own thing.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I would only talk about common hobbies (games, cars, etc) with by friends or humor surrounding current events.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
My future. I don't know what to do!
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't have any friends due to me not being out and about. But I know people who know me well see me as cocky, talkative, funny. Strangers see me as "soft-spoken? Yeah right.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Games, Tv, exercise. etc (in that order actually).

Additional info
college graduate

I was wondering if you could try to identify my enneagram too, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seeing overwhelming Se and possibly some Ti. Also an obvious extrovert and perceiver. ESTP?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm seeing overwhelming Se and possibly some Ti. Also an obvious extrovert and perceiver. ESTP?

Wow, really? I'm not denying the possibility, just never figured myself as a Se dom. Things just got interesting.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, really? I'm not denying the possibility, just never figured myself as a Se dom. Things just got interesting.

You live in the moment and you think with your senses (or make decisions based on what will be the most pleasing to your senses). At least, that's what I would guess. The part about trying to find your place in life might be an Ni thing.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I see Se-dom too. I had a hard time telling if it is supported by Ti or Fi though. If not Se-dom, then Se-aux seems to be a strong option as well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like the narrative-answer form of personality tests. But you seem introverted and perceptive. Nothing else really stands out for me.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't like the narrative-answer form of personality tests. But you seem introverted and perceptive. Nothing else really stands out for me.
I see your point (potential bias). What do you propose?

Also, you seem to have suggested Brainfall: Introvert/Extrovert to members in order to pinpoint their preferences. I took it for all sectors just for reference.

Introvert/Extrovert 47/53
Sensing/Perceiving 67/33
Feeling/Thinking 58/42
Perceiving/Judging 80/20

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see your point (potential bias). What do you propose?

Also, you seem to have suggested Brainfall: Introvert/Extrovert to members in order to pinpoint their preferences. I took it for all sectors just for reference.

Introvert/Extrovert 47/53
Sensing/Perceiving 67/33
Feeling/Thinking 58/42
Perceiving/Judging 80/20

XSXP. I just recently created a thread on MBTI tweeners. I'm interested in reading something from you on how you feel conflicted or have to compromise between very different traits.

Rouskyrie

Hello. I have been a lurker for a couple of years and finally joined you all. I have been trying to type myself for a few years, yet haven't set on a type, so I just identified as isfp.
Mostly it would boil down to my social anxiety. I really don't get the chance (have courage to follow through is more like it) to see what I like and focus on.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I would say when I was playing a team game (field sports). I like to show off. Having people think your impressive was nice. Plus, I liked to let loose.
Not really having a purpose. Everyone I know seems to know what to do in life, know what career they want, life goals, etc. Me, I always just focused on things one day at a time. As my mother would say, I'm "coasting". I don't really have a problem with it, but when people harp on it, it makes me think.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It depends. In general I decide by what I want and what is the most enjoyable. However, I know there are times that what has to be done, has to be done, whether I like it or not.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I would like to have some influence on the outcome. It really wouldn't make sense to me if I was working on a project, yet my efforts would be all for naught.
I can't really pinpoint a single event, but I would say the times I was playing with people, displaying my skills. It felt good to have confidence.
It depends. I have a tendency to observe and do it myself. From learning how a car works to fixing a game console, I like to see how it's done, then do it. YouTube is a good teacher. :)
Me.. organized?.. please. I am probably the messiest person you would ever meet (aside from hoarders). My room looks like ground zero of a warhead impact. Even during my school days, my locker was a sight to behold. But the funny thing is, I am very good at organizing objects to fit in the environment, like playing a live version of Tetris. Life wise, I don't really plan anything. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to" pretty much sums up my style. I can set up plans, but that's more ad hoc.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do a bit of both. It has to make sense to me and have at least some evidence behind it. More of the latter probably.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being
yourself?
I just do my thing. I'll try to help you if you ask, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do so.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I really don't know. I'd like to think that I think before speaking, but I put my foot in my mouth far too often. I would say group conversations because I'm a poor conversationalist so awkward silence is inevitable during one-on-one. And I find group discussions more lively. One-on-one is only good if I'm close to you or have a similar hobby to talk about.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I would say now I think before doing. However, when I was younger, I was pure impulse. Actions do speak louder than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Well, if the activity would be fun, I would go. I mean, what is not able to be re-watched these days?
People who are jerks (well...above and beyond jerks). And people who are super objective all the time and push that on others. Let people do their own thing.
I would only talk about common hobbies (games, cars, etc) with by friends or humor surrounding current events.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't have any friends due to me not being out and about. But I know people who know me well see me as cocky, talkative, funny. Strangers see me as "soft-spoken? Yeah right.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Additional info
college graduate

I was wondering if you could try to identify my enneagram too, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!!

From the information contained within your post, I would say ISXP for MBTI. You seem alike both ISTP and ISFP in your responses, but if I had to choose, I'd say ISFP.

As for Enneagram, I'd have to ask more questions to provide an answer better than a guess. However, based on your post, I feel that 379 (3w4 - 7w8 - 9w8) is a possibility for your tritype.

- - - Updated - - -

yourself?

Additional info
college graduate

From the information contained within your post, I would say ISXP for MBTI. You seem alike both ISTP and ISFP in your responses, but if I had to choose, I'd say ISFP 60% / ISTP 40%.

As for Enneagram, I'd have to ask more questions to provide an answer better than a guess. However, based on your post, I feel that 379 (3w4 - 7w8 - 9w8) is a possibility for your tritype.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From the information contained within your post, I would say ISXP for MBTI. You seem alike both ISTP and ISFP in your responses, but if I had to choose, I'd say ISFP.

- - - Updated - - -
Those are the two types I identified the most with, but couldn't really identify ti or fi though. As for enneagram, ask away. I appreciate the input you have given so far. I also have picked 379 as my trifix, but couldn't pinpoint my core type.

skimpit

Mayflower said:

Fe to me.

This seems like a mix of Si or Ti or something. Maybe you could make your answer a bit clearer? Though I'm going with Ti for now.

What do you mean by put your foot in your mouth? What exactly happens? Fe messups are different than Fi messups, and so on...

This kinda sounds like Fe though. Fe's not the function that's constantly searching for trouble. That would be Fi. Fe wants harmony, so it looks for harmony. It's not going to start anything out of nothing just because.

Like here and here or this I think would probably be helpful to you. And yeah, I know you said you weren't particularly outgoing with the helping, but Fe users aren't necessarily like that. I still wouldn't rule out Fi though. (I tend to consider the Fi users more emotional than the Fe ones, because Fe users kind of just feel out of obligation. Not that they aren't telling the truth, but they really overdo some things sometimes.)

I'd say ISFP too, but I lean to more ISFJ actually. Some of these questions aren't exactly clear.

Rouskyrie

Those are the two types I identified the most with, but couldn't really identify ti or fi though. As for enneagram, ask away. I appreciate the input you have given so far. I also have picked 379 as my trifix, but couldn't pinpoint my core type.

In terms of identifying your inferior function, this might help:
Accurate Typing:
The Inferior Function - Cognitive Function Theory

You chose 379, as well. Interesting.

To start with the basics/a couple questions, which of the fears from those three types resonates with you the most?

Type 3 – The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless.
Type 7 – The fear of deprivation and pain.
Type 9 – The fear of loss and separation from others.

In addition, which problem emotion do you struggle with the most?
Anger, shame, or fear?

Here's how each deals with the aforementioned emotion:

3's repress and avoid their shame.
7's internalize and distract themselves from their fear.
9's repress and avoid their anger, though it often manifests as passive-aggressiveness.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In terms of identifying your inferior function, this might help:
Accurate Typing:
The Inferior Function - Cognitive Function Theory

You chose 379, as well. Interesting.

To start with the basics/a couple questions, which of the fears from those three types resonates with you the most?

Type 3 – The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless.
Type 7 – The fear of deprivation and pain.
Type 9 – The fear of loss and separation from others.
This is tough. I frequented mbti-notes for some time, and my inferior mood is a mixture of most descriptions. When at my worst, I'm apathetic, snappy, lose my drive to do most things (even the things I like). My mindset is like, "It's not going to go well anyway, so why even try?".

For enneagram, It's between 3 and 7. I fear being worthless and insignificant and at the same time, avoid pain (the anxiety surrounding it).

In addition, which problem emotion do you struggle with the most?
Anger, shame, or fear?

Here's how each deals with the aforementioned emotion:

3's repress and avoid their shame.
7's internalize and distract themselves from their fear.
9's repress and avoid their anger, though it often manifests as passive-aggressiveness.

I would say it goes like this... 1:Fear, 2:Anger, 3:Shame

I would say fear is the biggest one for me because it controls me by a good portion. I try to distract myself when the feeling arises (as like other emotions) When doing nothing, my mind starts to wander, and that's where the fun starts. Need something to put my mind at ease. As for anger, I never really repressed it (a lot calmer now, but when I was younger...) Can be quite passive-aggressive at times. Shame, well, it's not so much that but the drive to be admired. I want to be impressive and liked.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Round Two!!

Please start a new thread when filling the questions out; don't post answers here.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male
Social Anxiety
Probably some depression

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
The photo is giving me trouble to post, so I'll post the link. Colors Attack

The colors are what grab my attention the most. I like how the turned leaves contrast with the ones that are still green. The fallen leaves along the bank make it seem naturally red. The reflection in the stream is nice along with the ducks. It's a beautiful scene.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My thoughts would be "Great...this is fun" Outwardly, I would just hope that the problem could be fixed. I would probably joke about pushing the car for the remainder of the trip.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'll probably go. Even if I don't really feel like it, I don't want to be the buzzkill of the group and drag everyone down on my account. I wouldn't really care about the driver drinking unless he was hammered.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
If it is a friend, I'll probably argue, with jest. If it is a light acquaintance or stranger, I won't say anything. My initial reaction for both would probably go along the lines of "Wow, you really believe that? OK man, have fun (trying to keep from smiling all the while)".

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It depends what that something is. If it's not doing any harm, I wouldn't care. If it's someone or something that I like getting hurt or or those I deem don't deserve that treatment, I would probably be one edge. I would probably step in but it depends on the situation. If the consequences for interference are grave for either them or me, I'll be reluctant.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
That's a hard one. I don't really think about it. I usually just do what benefits me or what I want at that moment. But if I had to sum it all up, It would be, Do what you want as long as is not to the detriment of others (Though I sometimes overlook that latter part). Looking back, this is pretty much what I lived by and I'm stubborn so they probably won't change (significantly at least).

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I can't really say. Everyone calls me quirky (hope that's in a good way) When I feel comfortable around you, I am talkative, playful, and reveal my odd humor. If I could change one thing about my personality, it would be being more productive. I often tend to overlook and forget things that are not pleasant.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I can't really pinpoint events where I relied on hunches. If it is something serious that my gut is saying, I'll keep in it in mind.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
A:playing around (joking with friends, tv, video games, eating/drinking, sparring, etc.)

B: Doing boring things (homework, papers, household duties, so the necessary things in life).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I usually repress most things about myself personality. My natural inclinations are not appropriate for many places. Around others, I just try to as inconspicuous as possible. I want to be myself, but I fear people will think badly of me.

Last edited:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Please start a new thread when filling the questions out; don't post answers here.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male
Social Anxiety
Probably some depression

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
The photo is giving me trouble to post, so I'll post the link. Colors Attack

The colors are what grab my attention the most. I like how the turned leaves contrast with the ones that are still green. The fallen leaves along the bank make it seem naturally red. The reflection in the stream is nice along with the ducks. It's a beautiful scene.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My thoughts would be "Great...this is fun" Outwardly, I would just hope that the problem could be fixed. I would probably joke about pushing the car for the remainder of the trip.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'll probably go. Even if I don't really feel like it, I don't want to be the buzzkill of the group and drag everyone down on my account. I wouldn't really care about the driver drinking unless he was hammered.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
If it is a friend, I'll probably argue, with jest. If it is a light acquaintance or stranger, I won't say anything. My initial reaction for both would probably go along the lines of "Wow, you really believe that? OK man, have fun (trying to keep from smiling all the while)".

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It depends what that something is. If it's not doing any harm, I wouldn't care. If it's someone or something that I like getting hurt or or those I deem don't deserve that treatment, I would probably be one edge. I would probably step in but it depends on the situation. If the consequences for interference are grave for either them or me, I'll be reluctant.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
That's a hard one. I don't really think about it. I usually just do what benefits me or what I want at that moment. But if I had to sum it all up, It would be, Do what you want as long as is not to the detriment of others (Though I sometimes overlook that latter part). Looking back, this is pretty much what I lived by and I'm stubborn so they probably won't change (significantly at least).

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I can't really say. Everyone calls me quirky (hope that's in a good way) When I feel comfortable around you, I am talkative, playful, and reveal my odd humor. If I could change one thing about my personality, it would be being more productive. I often tend to overlook and forget things that are not pleasant.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I can't really pinpoint events where I relied on hunches. If it is something serious that my gut is saying, I'll keep in it in mind.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
A:playing around (joking with friends, tv, video games, eating/drinking, sparring, etc.)

B: Doing boring things (homework, papers, household duties, so the necessary things in life).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I usually repress most things about myself personality. My natural inclinations are not appropriate for many places. Around others, I just try to as inconspicuous as possible. I want to be myself, but I fear people will think badly of me.

Overall i would say a ESTP suffering from social anxiety making you look more ISxP. (Like i am a probable ENTP who looks more INxP due to social anxiety). You seem to be Se over Ji and i am not seeing the tert Ni that a ISxP would have. You live enterly in the moment which Se doms do. (ISxP tend to be more future orientated and planned out than Se doms). You seem to be a Ti user and i also see Fe in the way that you like approval from others (I can relate to you in which we both like approval and praise from others which is a Fe slant).