• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused on my Enneagram type. 3, or 6w7?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi, so, I was just fooling around really and I decided to take a few enneagram tests. The test on SimilarMinds.com gave me a type 3, but the Eclectic Energies one gave me a 6w7. My MBTI type is ENFP, and I've typically typed on Enneagram as 4; lately 4w3, but I feel like type 3 fits me better. And I'm not just saying that, I am pretty image focused, as the 3's tend to be, and I am trustworthy but suspicious, as the 6 is said to be. But I realize the enneagram is how you react or interpret things, if I understand correctly, similar to how the MBTI is.

:shrug:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi, so, I was just fooling around really and I decided to take a few enneagram tests. The test on SimilarMinds.com gave me a type 3, but the Eclectic Energies one gave me a 6w7. My MBTI type is ENFP, and I've typically typed on Enneagram as 4; lately 4w3, but I feel like type 3 fits me better. And I'm not just saying that, I am pretty image focused, as the 3's tend to be, and I am trustworthy but suspicious, as the 6 is said to be. But I realize the enneagram is how you react or interpret things, if I understand correctly, similar to how the MBTI is.

:shrug:
Yeah, I would say identifying one's enneagram is just as much as a pain as finding MBTI type. They all somewhat go together. Like this...
Mbti/Jung=environmental focuses
Enneagram=How the Ego protects itself
Instinctual Variants=What you focus on for survival.

That said, How does your ego protect itself? For a three, there is a drive be impressive, successful, or to stand out because that's where it's value is, within the image triad. It fears being worthless, hence tries to stand out through "success" to garner worth.
The six is of the thinking triad which goal is subjugate "thought" (negative ones of course). Triads are similar like Mbti, there being a directional focus (introversion/extroversion). The 5 is an introvert, mentally preparing for the external world. The 7 is the extrovert, distracting itself to avoid unpleasant thoughts of within or pain. The 6 is somewhat of both worlds, an ambivert. The 6 fears like the 5, what the external world may bring. Yet has the need like a 7 to distract itself from such thoughts. That is why the 6 is tied with the notion of groups or establishments. Such things ease the 6. Woah, long-winded. Did I just make it harder to understand than necessary?

Basic fear:
type 1- of being bad, imbalanced, defective, corrupt
type 2- Of being unloved
type 3- of being worthless
type 4- of having no identity or significance
type 5- of being helpless, incompetent, or incapable
type 6-of being without support or guidance
type 7- of being trapped in pain and deprivation
type 8- of being harmed, controlled, and violated
type 9- of loss, separation, and fragmentation

Basic desire:
type 1- to be good, to have integrity
type 2-to feel love
type 3-to feel valuable
type 4- to be themselves
type 5- to be capable and competent
type 6- to have guidance and support
type 7- to be satisfied and content
type 8- to protect themselves
type 9- peace of mind and wholeness

You could be a 3w4 6w7 xwx (That's my guess for your tritype):)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I would say identifying one's enneagram is just as much as a pain as finding MBTI type. They all somewhat go together. Like this...
Mbti/Jung=environmental focuses
Enneagram=How the Ego protects itself
Instinctual Variants=What you focus on for survival.

That said, How does your ego protect itself? For a three, there is a drive be impressive, successful, or to stand out because that's where it's value is, within the image triad. It fears being worthless, hence tries to stand out through "success" to garner worth.
The six is of the thinking triad which goal is subjugate "thought" (negative ones of course). Triads are similar like Mbti, there being a directional focus (introversion/extroversion). The 5 is an introvert, mentally preparing for the external world. The 7 is the extrovert, distracting itself to avoid unpleasant thoughts of within or pain. The 6 is somewhat of both worlds, an ambivert. The 6 fears like the 5, what the external world may bring. Yet has the need like a 7 to distract itself from such thoughts. That is why the 6 is tied with the notion of groups or establishments. Such things ease the 6. Woah, long-winded. Did I just make it harder to understand than necessary?

Basic fear:
type 1- of being bad, imbalanced, defective, corrupt
type 2- Of being unloved
type 3- of being worthless
type 4- of having no identity or significance
type 5- of being helpless, incompetent, or incapable
type 6-of being without support or guidance
type 7- of being trapped in pain and deprivation
type 8- of being harmed, controlled, and violated
type 9- of loss, separation, and fragmentation

Basic desire:
type 1- to be good, to have integrity
type 2-to feel love
type 3-to feel valuable
type 4- to be themselves
type 5- to be capable and competent
type 6- to have guidance and support
type 7- to be satisfied and content
type 8- to protect themselves
type 9- peace of mind and wholeness

You could be a 3w4 6w7 xwx (That's my guess for your tritype):)

Your explanation was a bit difficult but I get the gist. Is it possible to be 3w4/6w7?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your explanation was a bit difficult but I get the gist. Is it possible to be 3w4/6w7?

Yes. It would be weird if you only set on one. Everyone has a tri type (ie, me, 7w6 9w8 3w4). Sorry for the poor explanation. I can set a link toward a better, easier description if you wish.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes. It would be weird if you only set on one. Everyone has a tri type (ie, me, 7w6 9w8 3w4). Sorry for the poor explanation. I can set a link toward a better, easier description if you wish.

I'd appreciate it! I've definitely done something like that before, but I lost my results.

Rouskyrie

It is quite possible. Both could be within your tritype.

"While we basically use our main type (and main Centre) the most, we will occasionally employ different strategies and coping methods belonging to the other two types (and Centres) in our tritype. The order in which we engage these and their prevalence in our thoughts and behavior will decide the order in which they appear in the tritype."

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It is quite possible. Both could be within your tritype.

"While we basically use our main type (and main Centre) the most, we will occasionally employ different strategies and coping methods belonging to the other two types (and Centres) in our tritype. The order in which we engage these and their prevalence in our thoughts and behavior will decide the order in which they appear in the tritype."

Ah yeah, that makes sense.