• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I another INFJ?

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I consistently test as INFJ in almost every test out there. Occasionally I will test as ENFJ or very rarely INFP. It does seem like everyone thinks they are INFJ so I kept rejecting it as an option and looking elsewhere but maybe I do need to look at it more.

I read that a lot of people who test as INFJs are actually INFPs and I could relate to a lot of Fi descriptions so I went with INFP for awhile. The problem is I am a strong J. Out of all of letter dichotomies my J is by far my strongest. I am the person everyone relies on to plan events and I make schedules for everything. I also don't think my Ne is that strong. I think entertaining endless possibilities is a giant waste of time.

I don't feel like I am that rare though. I think everyone is unique and I haven't really felt like I was a "special snowflake". I am good at offering people alternate perspectives when they are having problems so I do tend to be the person everyone comes to for advice. I don't feel like I am psychic. I was a bit depressive and existential crisis-y in my youth but once I hit the age of 25 I became a relatively well-adjusted, optimistic happy person that doesn't get bogged down dwelling on the negative. I am very sensitive and can be strongly affected by bad things happening but I have also learned how to cope with my emotions and deal with them in a healthy way so it isn't something that leads me to have a burdensome or difficult life.

I have considered ISFJ lately after learning more about how Si can work. The main hesitation with ISFJ is that I am and always have been so future oriented. I have an incredibly hard time living in the now and it is one of my greatest weaknesses. I am trying hard to try to enjoy life as it happens instead of always mentally projecting how situations are going to play out in the future. I was also a very rebellious child and teen which doesn't fit with the SJ temperament.

I coped with crippling social anxiety from the age of 12-25 so I tend to identify as an introvert. I do think I am more ambiverted when I am in a mentally healthy frame of mind though but I don't know if that would be enough to identify as an E type. I do like being around people but I also enjoy my alone time.

I think my weakest functions are Se, Ne and Ti. I relate to a lot of Te's efficiency and organization but I would be a terrible leader because I am very aware and conscious of offending people and hurting their feelings.

Since there are so many INFJs around, it would be great to know if you think I should continue to explore this type or if I am just one of that people that test as it but need to look elsewhere :)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You describe prominent ni-se usage (alternate perspectives of what is, emphasis on projection" I also seen bits of what seems like inferior Se (hard to enjoy the now. I would try to stay away from typing in regards to temperament because descriptions are usually stereotypes of behaviorism which takes away from the "cognitive" part. I can't really pinpoint your judgement functions. Are you more "I am driven by my wants and values (Fi) and organize the environment through efficiency and other logical external qualifications. (Te)? Or are you "I personally do everything in a logical manner (Ti), but make sure to acknowledge the values and wants of others in the process" (Fe)? However, Infj is a real possibility.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
You describe prominent ni-se usage (alternate perspectives of what is, emphasis on projection" I also seen bits of what seems like inferior Se (hard to enjoy the now. I would try to stay away from typing in regards to temperament because descriptions are usually stereotypes of behaviorism which takes away from the "cognitive" part. I can't really pinpoint your judgement functions. Are you more "I am driven by my wants and values (Fi) and organize the environment through efficiency and other logical external qualifications. (Te)? Or are you "I personally do everything in a logical manner (Ti), but make sure to acknowledge the values and wants of others in the process" (Fe)? However, Infj is a real possibility.

I appreciate Fi's honesty and honoring of people's individuality but I do think I am more of an Fe user since social norms and group harmony are very important to me. I find Te organization a bit impersonal and I tend to organize things more accordingly to people's wants and needs which seems like more of an Fe thing? I am very decisive but I do sometimes hesitate to share my opinions or decisions because I do not like to offend or upset people.

Thank you for your thoughts Mayflower

Johnska1066

I have done many tests on my personality, and they have all turned out as Infj. Most of the traits for an Infj fit mine, but how do Infjs sense emotions? I watched some sad videos and I hard a hard time not crying, but when I am with friends I don't think I feel their emotions. Is it that I am feeling it but I'm not consious of it happening, or are they not having any emotions at the time, also if someone near me feels very happy would I feel some happyness?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Anyone can be rebellious as a teenager. That's normal.

Also, Si is not so much living in the moment. That would be Se. Some ISFJs can be really spacey.

Just thoughts...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Si is although being aware of your body and will take bodily needs as a priority.

(take your food to school) (stop exercising if you're hurting)

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have done many tests on my personality, and they have all turned out as Infj. Most of the traits for an Infj fit mine, but how do Infjs sense emotions? I watched some sad videos and I hard a hard time not crying, but when I am with friends I don't think I feel their emotions. Is it that I am feeling it but I'm not consious of it happening, or are they not having any emotions at the time, also if someone near me feels very happy would I feel some happyness?

I have identified with empath traits before and I can sense what someone near me is feeling but even if I pick up random strangers emotions out in public I don't care enough to take them on as my own. If you don't feel anyone's emotions even those close to you then maybe that wouldn't relate to INFJ? I'm not really sure though

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can be rebellious as a teenager. That's normal.

Also, Si is not so much living in the moment. That would be Se. Some ISFJs can be really spacey.

Just thoughts...

Thanks! I know my Se is definitely weak. I have ISFP envy :)

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Si is although being aware of your body and will take bodily needs as a priority.

(take your food to school) (stop exercising if you're hurting)

That is a good point. I do tend to notice when I am tired. That is the one bodily function I am very aware of but I can go hungry or thirsty and physically overexert myself without noticing. When I am under stress I don't eat or sleep at all. It is like I lose connection with my body completely.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is a good point. I do tend to notice when I am tired. That is the one bodily function I am very aware of but I can go hungry or thirsty and physically overexert myself without noticing. When I am under stress I don't eat or sleep at all. It is like I lose connection with my body completely.

Have you thought about an Ne dom? Those types tend to over exert themselves during projects more so than INJ's

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Have you thought about an Ne dom? Those types tend to over exert themselves during projects more so than INJ's

I did look at ENFP at one time but I am quite focused and don't like entertaining many possibilities since I think it is a waste of time and effort. I have also never been drawn to expressing myself in ways that make me look unique which is another reason I didn't feel like INFP was a good fit.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did look at ENFP at one time but I am quite focused and don't like entertaining many possibilities since I think it is a waste of time and effort. I have also never been drawn to expressing myself in ways that make me look unique which is another reason I didn't feel like INFP was a good fit.
It seems like you want to narrow to INFJ but that and ISFJ doesn't fit.

You said you lose awareness WHEN you are stressed? That could be inferior Ne then?

Even Ni doms are tortured by possibilities often and when stressed they get very sensitive and reactive to the environment often filled with too much sensation

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
It seems like you want to narrow to INFJ but that and ISFJ doesn't fit.

You said you lose awareness WHEN you are stressed? That could be inferior Ne then?

Even Ni doms are tortured by possibilities often and when stressed they get very sensitive and reactive to the environment often filled with too much sensation

I have never heard inferior Ne described like that but it is possible. When I am under extreme stress I tend to pace around, never stop moving, have no appetite and stare at the ceiling all night unable to sleep. I have only been under this type of extreme duress a few times in my life.

No type seems to fit exactly so that is why it has been a bit of a struggle to figure it out. I am definitely not an EP, an ETJ or an ISP. I feel pretty confident I am a feeler since I am very aware of my emotions and other people's emotions and I do include them as a factor when I am making decisions.

In terms of possibilities I like to think about various possibilities in my head but I do not like to actually experience a lot of possibilities or talk about a lot of possibilities if that makes any sense.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have never heard inferior Ne described like that but it is possible. When I am under extreme stress I tend to pace around, never stop moving, have no appetite and stare at the ceiling all night unable to sleep. I have only been under this type of extreme duress a few times in my life.

No type seems to fit exactly so that is why it has been a bit of a struggle to figure it out. I am definitely not an EP, an ETJ or an ISP. I feel pretty confident I am a feeler since I am very aware of my emotions and other people's emotions and I do include them as a factor when I am making decisions.

In terms of possibilities I like to think about various possibilities in my head but I do not like to actually experience a lot of possibilities or talk about a lot of possibilities if that makes any sense.

Funny thing about me I stress so weirdly:

I'll either do:
Nothing but vacantly stare at nothing, thinking nothing until my eyeballs feel dry.
Pace around in a random store looking for something that doesn't exist.
Overthink and replay the same situation in my head but different outcome.
Overeat trying to kill the feelings I have.
Get extreme feelings of guilt for little things.
Sit in weird positions.
People start to become really scary to me, I get very submissive or I flee from everyone.

Like when I say I have w5 I am quite a weird individual

Sometimes I think I have some mild form of schizophrenia.

I've been a highly imaginative person though, maybe I'll die of insanity one day. :(

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Funny thing about me I stress so weirdly:

I'll either do:
Nothing but vacantly stare at nothing, thinking nothing until my eyeballs feel dry.
Pace around in a random store looking for something that doesn't exist.
Overthink and replay the same situation in my head but different outcome.
Overeat trying to kill the feelings I have.
Get extreme feelings of guilt for little things.
Sit in weird positions.
People start to become really scary to me, I get very submissive or I flee from everyone.

Like when I say I have w5 I am quite a weird individual

Sometimes I think I have some mild form of schizophrenia.

Those are really unique ways of absorbing stress. My personal opinion is that stress reactions are a bit too complex to solely be explained by inferior functions.

I tend to find that when I am stressed I do a lot of the traits associated with the inferior functions.
Inferior Te: when I am stressed I can become very bossy and drill sargeant-esque
Inferior Ti: I can overanalyze everything and create complicated back stories to explain why things happen
Inferior Ne: I can easily imagine the worst possible scenarios
Inferior Se: When I am stressed I internet shop or drink too much wine sometimes
Inferior Fe: crazy emotional outbursts when I am usually quite calm and keep my negative emotions to myself until I process them
Inferior Si: relive certain events in my head

All of this adds up to nothing lol. I feel confident I am an enneagram 6w5 and I am a RCOAI in big 5 so I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those are really unique ways of absorbing stress. My personal opinion is that stress reactions are a bit too complex to solely be explained by inferior functions.

I tend to find that when I am stressed I do a lot of the traits associated with the inferior functions.
Inferior Te: when I am stressed I can become very bossy and drill sargeant-esque
Inferior Ti: I can overanalyze everything and create complicated back stories to explain why things happen
Inferior Se: When I am stressed I internet shop or drink too much wine sometimes
Inferior Fe: crazy emotional outbursts when I am usually quite calm and keep my negative emotions to myself until I process them

All of this adds up to nothing lol. I feel confident I am an enneagram 6w5 and I am a RCOAI in big 5 so I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad

You should be able to sort it out with one short test: Myers-Briggs: Are You Judging Or Perceiving? | BrainFall

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I score strongly J in those type of dichotomy tests.

Statistically, 6w5 tends to correlate with J. So I figured that much out anyway.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

RCOAI correlates strongly with the Thinking type, either as Ti dominant or Ti tertiary.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
If the question is N versus S, then there's this test: Myers-Briggs: Are You Sensing Or Intuitive? | BrainFall

If you don't like dichotomy tests, then consider the fact the Ni-dominant does not equal a J type, neither does Si.

I score N in that test.

The J refers to the judging function being extroverted not what the dominant function is. Leading with an introverted perceiving function does mean you will be slower to make decisions though since they have to be filtered through your dominant first.