• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ISTx?

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a little drawer that ISTJs have on their socks to store the lint that collects on them.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
....and a hush falls over the ISTJ community.

heart

heart on fire
What's a sock drawer? :huh:

Yeah, I am with Jeffster on this one. I don't even have a sock drawer. The drawer that started out for socks is full of cassette tapes, cds, odds and ends, two books and won't currently close, the socks are stacked up on top of the dresser. :blush:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a little drawer that ISTJs have on their socks to store the lint that collects on them.

Dang, that's pretty cool. Does it collect toenails too?

My ISTJ co-worker has a polished rock that says "TO IT" on it. So, if someone says "I haven't gotten around to it", he can say "I have one!" :cheese:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Dang, that's pretty cool. Does it collect toenails too?

My ISTJ co-worker has a polished rock that says "TO IT" on it. So, if someone says "I haven't gotten around to it", he can say "I have one!" :cheese:
My grandmother had a pot-holder embroidered with "A Round Tuit." Likely SJ as well, she. (...Maybe INFJ though, now that I think about it. She grew up in a different time, man. And it's been a while since I had a convo with her. :()

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I guess the question should be what made you think that you were ISTJ initially? We all have bouts of uncertainty but I doubt that ISTJ would start questioning their type openly. They may wish they were another type but remain realistic in knowing they are who they are.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
? said:
I doubt that ISTJ would start questioning their type openly.
Don't know about that.
? said:
They may wish they were another type
That's possible.
? said:
but remain realistic in knowing they are who they are.
I'm pretty sure I'm an ISTJ, not because descriptions of type and ordering of functions sound so much like they fit me, but because the other ones don't seem to fit. In other words, I'm not sure I'm an ISTJ, but when I look into it I'm always pretty sure I'm not anything else. You know, the least inaccurate representation of myself.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I disagree with the question mark's last post as well. The statements, I think, are too specific to span all those of one type.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
My statements were from my experience with the type in real life. SJs that know their type or about typing somewhat, will merely declare their type. Any conversation may consist of a reference to being one of the most common types, secretly wishing to be some other type and move on.

I know that the ISTJs and ESTJs that I have discussed type with are limited in their knowledge and prefer to keep it that way. They are the most realistic and grounded people that I know. When you delve deeper into the system, they find it unnecessary to go any further in attempting to determine their type other than taking a test, since they generally find MBTI and Jung's work one step away or equal to astrology.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So I decided to retake the humanmetrics MBTI test again, being careful to be as accurate as I could. Sure enough, I scored ISTJ again.

I S T J
Strength of the preferences %
56 38 75 22

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a good type, dude. You're all dependable and stuff. You've got to be there to help keep hooligans like me in line.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
So I decided to retake the humanmetrics MBTI test again, being careful to be as accurate as I could. Sure enough, I scored ISTJ again.

I S T J
56 38 75 22

Yeah! Off course you are! *mwah* Congratulations, again!

heart

heart on fire
Beat is a fine example of the ISTJ archetype at its best. jmo.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I S T J
56 38 75 22
It's like mine in that it has strong IT. You probably could have picked that out about yourself without the test. So the real thing you're looking for in the test results is S vs. N and J vs. P, on which you won't trust the test anyway, so what good does it do you? :cheese: