• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Humble typing request

Gone

Hello everybody!

I'd like to try this. Any thoughts, questions and comments are appreciated, and please don't be afraid to bring up possibilities that I already have dismissed if there is evidence for it.
I'm looking for anything. Mainly MBTI, because this one is really bothering me, the nagging thought that I might have gotten it wrong despite putting so much thought into it. I'm fairly confident about my enneagram, but if you don't agree with that based on what I wrote, go ahead, tell me, and I know next to nothing about Socionics, but I'm interested in learning.

Huge thanks in advance to everyone willing to read this!

Some facts that may influence the results: I'm female, in my mid twenties, not a native speaker. I didn't have enough sleep last night. Light headache. I'm not hungry, though, so everything's fine. [Update: I'm at question 5 and I am hungry now. You might notice it.]

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I already touched this topic in my introduction thread. Those of you who want to remain unbiased, do not click. I figured out what makes the most sense function-wise, but it doesn't seem like an overall fit. Also I don't trust my self perception. This is why I'd like to get some outside opinions. Even though I suspect it's futile, because what you'll read here is mainly product of my self perception... well, we'll try, won't we.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I don't know if I yearn for anything. Yearning is such a strong word. There are a few things I'd like to achieve, or rather, maintain, such as my contentment and peace of mind. This includes financial stability and not becoming an outcast from society because that would definitely be unsettling. I like to be free to do what I want, at least for a few hours a day. Anything else is optional, but well appreciated. I have some minor goals that can be easily achieved, but overall I'm pretty aimless.
Oh. I'd like to correct my sleep pattern. But as long as the days have only 24 hours (in comparison to the 26-27 I'd like to have) that is not going to happen.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Hmm. This is hard. I can think of a lot of times when I felt fine. But the finest? I honestly have no idea.
I generally feel fine after training. My body is exhausted but my head is buzzing and I'm full of mental energy. I feel like I have accomplished and learnt something and I most likely had a nice talk with the others afterwards. Also I have defeated my inner devil/sloth and actually went to the training. I am very creative in finding excuses so I don't have to go. This may sound weird regarding the effect it has on me, but I have never claimed to understand myself either.
A nice get together with friends or family may have a similar effect.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

At the same time a lot and not much. I rationalize a lot so the initial sparks of that feeling seldomly last long.
Lack of knowledge. Social awkwardness. My tongue tripping over perfectly normal words. When my ideas are being dismissed. When I figure something out and somebody says well yeah you're right but we already noticed that hours ago. Somebody not liking me even though I haven't giving them a reason. Sometimes my looks but rationalizing that is the easiest thing in the world.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pros and cons, mainly. Effort vs. benefits.
Example: I want a cookie. Do I eat a cookie?
Where is the cookie? Do I have to stand up? How much do I really need a cookie? Why do I want the cookie? Am I hungry or just bored? Can I just drink some water instead? Has anyone already commented on my cookie intake today? Will I miss something while I stand up and get myself a cookie? Do I need to go to the bathroom? If yes, I could go and fetch a cookie afterwards while I'm already standing. Is the cookie box already open? Is it the last cookie and does someone else look at it longingly? Did I already have more cookies than anyone else?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

At work? I want it finished, and I want it done well. Fun would be nice but is not required.
A personal project at home? I want fun while I'm doing it, and I want it done well. Finishing is last priority here.
I don't know if I understand the question right but I think I do, yes. Except when it is an experiment. Then I just want to see what happens. I like experiments better than projects with a specific goal.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

The birthday party of a friend last weekend. Eight people in their mid twenties going on a treasure hunt. We're all big kids and it was great. The hosts had prepared a lot of challenges and riddles, they did a great job, our team worked well together, everyone contributed a lot of good ideas, everybody had fun. We lost, but that didn't bother anyone.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Reading everything the internet has to offer, then trying it for myself. If it works, yay, onwards to the advanced stuff, if not, go back to reading or ask somebody who has experience.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Well. My mom thinks I'm a catastrophe. I think I'm organized enough. I can find almost everything, if I placed it somewhere myself. I rarely forget appointments but am mostly just in time or a few minutes late. Sometimes, if it's really important, I can arrive an hour early. Just in case. There is nothing in between though. I'm pretty flexible. I only make loose plans except when other people are directly involved, then I will stick to the plans no matter what as not to disappoint them. I'm easily distractible and often don't follow through with things. I tend to come back later to a former task, though.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Depends. If I need the idea to go somewhere, I will have a look at supporting information, to get an idea if it's worthwile or if I'm wasting my time, and then dive in all the way to understand the principles. If I just think it's interesting, first the principles, and then, if I am still interested, the supporting information.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Well yeah. Technically the first. I'm just not really proficient in doing that, I don't know how to make everyone feel welcome. What works for one doesn't work for the next, and often I don't know what to do. I do try, though, to be nice to everybody and ask them what's wrong when I sense they're not content. I like to be myself as well, but I often hold back with my wants for the sake of the group and peace. I usually won't do things that are largely disapproved when I have company, but when I'm alone I might do it anyways.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I'm of the first kind. I always need to think things through or I will spew undecipherable bullshit, change course thrice per sentence and contradict myself a lot. I do not want that, as I will appear weird and stupid, so I keep my mouth shut until I come up with some decent arguments.
Second question... depends. I like both, for different reasons. One on one is better for actual exchange of opinions, groups are better for lighthearted banter, as someone will derail the conversation inevitably. Also it's quite nice to lean back and just listen. Throw in a comment from time to time to fuel the conversation further. Observe.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping. So I will observe a little, and if I can figure it out, act accordingly. If not, depending on the odds I might jump anyways. As I said, I like experimenting.
Speaking or writing words is an action, too. So I don't think the difference is that big. It's all depending on the situation.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'll invite them to watch the show with me. Knowing my friends, it would likely work.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Grumpy. I try not to show it. But when I do, it goes something like this: I will complain about everything but don't really mean it. I will play with something in my hands just to keep them occupied. I will want to go to bed early and sleep for days but won't go anyways. I will not eat or eat too much. I will fidget a lot. I will bury my head in my hands and groan.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Pitiful smiles. Make me wanna puke. I am not that much inferior to you that I deserve your pity. Nor is anybody else.
Blatant lies. If you don't want to tell me what you're really doing when you're ditching me, please have the decency to invent a plausible story. Or, well, just tell me you don't wanna talk about it. That's fine, too. It may hurt a little because I want to be there for you, but I can handle it. It's your decision. But don't disrespect me like that. I may be naive sometimes but I have no problem finding logical inconsistencies. And I remember everything you told me.
Ignoring someone who politely asks for help. Declining is not a problem. Ignoring is.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Sure. Just about everything. The right company can make every topic worthwile. But what I like best is talking about other people's ideas. Their creations. Their projects. Talking about mine is sometimes a little awkward, because my mind is a private place, and if I let you in it means I trust you at least a little. Also they aren't new to me any more and I like hearing about fascinating new thoughts.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I don't know. What do other people do that I don't? Making sure that my car is always clean maybe?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

How would I know? I can only tell you what they tell me.
- I'm uncommunicative (well... I like asking questions and listening better than telling stories. But I think that is a form of communication as well.)
- I'm socially incompetent (laughingly, when I instantly start questioning minor things instead of telling people first how cool xy is)
- I'm lazy (I am effective! I maxed out cost-benefit ratio!)
- I'm a dreamer (I dream my life away)
- I'm too nice for this world (well, I can't say no)
- I mean well (but well meant is not always well done)
- I'm easily overlooked (yup)
- I have a certain unrealistic idealism (it would be so great if everybody just got along)
- I'm so evil (yeeeesss my humour is not something most people would expect from me. They know mainly my social persona. And I have some destructive fantasies. I like them. I wouldn't act on them but the imagery is nice.)
And I was told by a friend that they sometimes emulate my style of thinking to get another perspective. That was a huge compliment.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleep long. Run around in pyjamas. Cook a great meal. Read. Draw. Listen to music. Do whatever my current obsession is. Meet a friend or two. Play board games with them. Go outside. Go to a book store. I don't know. Whatever I feel like in that particular moment.

Alright I'm resisting the urge to reread and edit and refine. This is the rawest you'll get without directly talking to me in my mother tongue. It's already altered enough to make it somehow legible.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My general impression is you seem more INxP than ENTP to me but your tritype is probably making you less ENTP. I see Ti/Fe but hard to see which perceiving functions you use. I would say xNTP overall but in posts you overall vibe more ENTP.

Gone

My general impression is you seem more INxP than ENTP to me but your tritype is probably making you less ENTP. I see Ti/Fe but hard to see which perceiving functions you use. I would say xNTP overall but in posts you overall vibe more ENTP.

Thanks for your reply :) Yeah I really feel on the edge between I and E, I'm fine being on my own, I'm fine being with company, and rarely craving the one or the other. As for the perceiving functions, I'm pretty sure I'm on the Ne/Si axis, just not where they fall in my stack. I can find arguments for and against everything^^