• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure what my type is

AnnexInTheSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi everyone! I'm new here. Even though I did put all my MBTi, enneagram, socionics information over there on the left, I am still questioning my type, and it's driving me nuts. I keep overthinking it. I know I really shouldn't but I can't help but think about personality systems so much. Since I'm not sure where to start I am going to fill out a few of those questionnaires from the stickied thread.

By [MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION]
1-what makes you angry? People that overstep boundaries, constant nagging, unwarranted self-importance. Arrogance in general drives me nuts.
2-what do you like/dislike most about people? There really is nothing specific because everyone's different, so I can't put my finger on just a few qualities. I don't want to generalize either.
3-do you like animals? why? Yeah, because I don't see a reason why we should hate them. Cute animals I like too.
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life? They're pretty accepting and non-judgemental, yeah.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself? I like how I'm open-minded I guess. I dislike a lot of things about myself though... I'm pretty indecisive and moody and vague, as you can probably glean from my answers.
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not? No, it's not really important. I guess I like to dress up a little nice but I don't want to suffer for the sake of fashion.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out? I don't like bringing attention to myself... but at the same time I don't like being completely ignored and spoken above. I am pretty resistant to authority.
8-what activities do you enjoy? Drawing, watching funny videos on YouTube, snuggling, listening to music
9-what makes you feel secure? Comfy blankets xD
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not? I do, but I have trust issues which get in the way. I would really like someone whom I could unconditionally love and trust though. :(
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc... I love music and nature and emotional things (sappy isn't too bad either).
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about? Recently: MBTI (sadly lol, because I feel that I've got it all figured out and then suddenly I don't), my crush (yeah you can tell I'm young and stupid), worrying about homework and stuff, and just other random stuff.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child? When I was a child I was very sensitive. For a long time I was extremely socially anxious and shy... I had my first existential crisis at age 11 if that means anything.

By [MENTION=6071]Oaky[/MENTION]
What's your type? INFP but I'm still not 100% sure. I could be an ENFJ or a ISTP or a ESFP or INFJ or INTP whatever.
What colour do you like? Blue and violet, but I can appreciate all colours.
What is your favourite personality? I mean, ISFPs and ENFPs are cool...
Where can you find clams? I don't know; the ocean I guess.
Are you fascinated by wooden planks? Yes. Never really think about how they feel when I step on them though :(
Do people make you fascinated by boats? No... boats can be cool though.
Does the number 9 resemble the number 6? Yes, if you turn it upside down.
How are elastic bands made? They're made in factories, but I don't know how they're made exactly. I know the rubber comes from the rubber tree (in Malaysia, I think?), but that's about it.
Do you step on the floor tiles only being able to step on the one's that fit into the pattern in your mind? What? :huh: I guess this will make sense if I think about it conceptually though. Like if I picture floor tiles in my head.
Do you take your finger and make sure it does not meet a lamp post and only go over it using your field of vision as the picture? I guess I do...
If you put a pig in an airplane does that mean that pigs can fly? I mean, he's in the airplane, of course he's flying. But I don't think pigs can fly by themselves. :p
Did you ever remember the 5th of November? No... wish I kind of had photographic memory though. Maybe what happened on that day was interesting. xD

By @whatever
1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? This is hard... a unicorn would be too obvious. Plus I hear horses are expensive to take care of. But if they're magical I guess they wouldn't be as hard to take care of.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) A translator I guess. It could always change though.
3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? A sour grape. A sour red grape. :p
4. What is your favorite beverage? Chocolate milk! Yeah, I know, childish. >.<
5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? I can't cook... burned eggs maybe. >_>
6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? I don't know... I don't remember.
7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? I don't know. But generally I would like a nice happy future where everyone could get along but that isn't possible.
8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? My tears.

Maybe this isn't enough but I can add more if you want. Thanks!

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I see you as a Fi dom. A little harder to see whether your Ne or Se.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty concrete language and way of relating to everything. All answers point to SF. Maybe ISFP. E9 seems possible.

AnnexInTheSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First of all, thanks guys for helping me! I am truly grateful :D

You seem to be an Fi-dom or Fi-aux. Why don't you try this cognitive function test?
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I've taken this test multiple times before but I'll do it again (while possibly reflecting on the statements a bit more instead of just rushing >.<):

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************(28.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **********************************(34.5)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************(39.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *******************(19)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************(20.1)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************(24.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************(18.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *******************************************************(55)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP‎

Pretty concrete language and way of relating to everything. All answers point to SF. Maybe ISFP. E9 seems possible.

I considered ISFP but I don't think I have Se because I'm REALLY clumsy and not very aware of my environment. I'm also pretty stuck in my head. I think you're right with the type 9 though xD.

Last edited:

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Looks like a textbook INFP to me. Is there any reason you think you might not be one?

AnnexInTheSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks like a textbook INFP to me. Is there any reason you think you might not be one?

The problem is that I keep doubting myself. The main type that I was considering instead of INFP was INFJ (yeah pretty common) and I endlessly wondered and searched on the Internet. Mostly INFP resonates with me. INFJ, while it can fit at times, doesn't exactly feel 100% right. I guess since I'm in kind of an unhealthy state right now I'm like an INFJ in a Ni-Ti loop, constantly analyzing and doubting. Maybe I'm overanalyzing because I AM an INFJ in a loop? Or can INFPs analyze stuff like personality theories endlessly? But I don't think I have Ti because when I first read about cognitive functions I didn't understand Ti at all (or Ni, for that matter). I always thought up until that point that logic was objective, and feelings were subjective. When I think about how Ti works, it seems robotic and illogical (not saying Ti users are robotic or illogical though!). Maybe I don't fully understand how things work.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
The overanalyzing you're describing sounds more like Fi/Ne or Ti/Ne than Ni-Ti to me. As a user of Ti-Ni myself, it's more like these hunches and ideas pop into my head, and then I trim them and refine them into theories using Ti. Ni is convergent and conclusion driven while Ne is more concerned with exploring multiple possibilities. I'm somewhat familiar with the 946 tritype, and it's much more likely to be INFP than INFJ.

AnnexInTheSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The overanalyzing you're describing sounds more like Fi/Ne or Ti/Ne than Ni-Ti to me. As a user of Ti-Ni myself, it's more like these hunches and ideas pop into my head, and then I trim them and refine them into theories using Ti. Ni is convergent and conclusion driven while Ne is more concerned with exploring multiple possibilities. I'm somewhat familiar with the 946 tritype, and it's much more likely to be INFP than INFJ.

Hm, that makes sense I guess. I know Ne is divergent and Ni is convergent but the problem is it's hard to tell which is which sometimes, especially since people tend to define them differently.

About the tritype, I've seen a couple of INFJs with that tritype on the Internet so I guess that could throw me off. But you probably know more than I do.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I considered ISFP but I don't think I have Se because I'm REALLY clumsy and not very aware of my environment. I'm also pretty stuck in my head.

I can relate to that. The only way I become aware of my environment is when it literally smacks me in the face. Plus when I'm outside I'm pretty much inside my head and wishing I was somewhere that bugs did not exist.