• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The impact of typology on your life

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. I am curious to how typology has affected your life. Did you use it in career decisions, romance, general self improvement? Did you mistype yourself and make some mistakes in life because of it? Would you introduce any of the systems to your family or friends? Did you ever feel boxed in by identifying your type? Thanks again to anyone who shows interest.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the only things typology has done for me is give me better ways to explain myself to others and something new to talk about... i guess it lead me here...

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Be careful while you are here, you might get lost in my eyes.

:happy2:

neena

Enneagram
sp4
To speak very generally, exploring typology has helped me notice my habitual way of living in the world, and little by little I'm able to pay attention to more and more. It's thrilling to catch yourself in the act, and humbling. So my world expands and I'm able to be more compassionate to others as well, since it is obvious that there are several other legitimate ways of surviving. The process of looking is equally important to being able to find your type, and even mistyping provides valuable lessons. Highs are higher, lows are lower, and through it all I'm able to remain more objective.

I have felt that in some romantic and therapeutic relationships I was looked at as an Enneagram type, and that felt dehumanizing (says the 4). A therapist once told me that she thought of me as a 4, and I felt that my concerns were dismissed because 4's shouldn't be encouraged to dwell in negative experiences of the past. This therapist wasn't particularly interested in the Enneagram though, and I've had a lot of productive sessions with teachers who work primarily with that system.

Personally, the most potent game-changers have been instigated by the natural changes that come with age, and radical shifts in body alignment. If I can bring myself to do it, vigorous (as in, I-can't-tell-the-difference-between-sweat-and-tears-and-I'm-about-to-scream-I-don-t-know-who-I-am-anymore vigorous) exercise even once a week is worth at least 10 visits to most therapists I've seen. Massage, rolfing, NCR, Feldenkrais, Alexander technique, and meditation have all been especially helpful for my particular flavor of personality.

P.S. Obsessing over typology has also proved to be a potent form of procrastination.

Mole

Permabanned
Typology has enabled me to explore the meaning of words, and I discovered typology means the study of types from the types of mathematical formulae, to the types of butterflies, to the types of psychology.

I also discovered that the word typology can be used to hide its real meaning. For instance, the real name of our site is called MBTI Central not Typology Central. And our name was changed for business reasons.

And typology has enabled me to look into the history of psychological types and found they were created by a New Age Guru who freely and voluntarily chose to support the wrong side in WWII.

And I discovered this same New Age Guru was an astrologer, and that we use the same techniques on typology central as are used in astrology.

And I discovered that astrology and mbti have the same truth value of zero.

And I have discovered the truth does not matter on Typology Central and what matters is a shared feeling.

So we never tire asking, right at the top of the page, What are you feeling right now?.