• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ExTp?

bibliobibuli

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Help a fellow dinosaur out?

EDIT: I just tagged some people I have seen around, I hope I am not bothering anyone.

Hey there. So I have been flip flopping between types for a while now. I have been reading a lot on the functions and how they interact, yet ironically I can't type myself if my life depended on it. I am getting tired of this forever changing and I think this could really help me decide on one. I am twenty years old. I figured that might be a crucial point when looking at function development. It would be great if anyone can help me with this. I am getting tired of myself honestly. I keep seeing different sides of myself, how I could use any function, which would be logical as we use all 8, just not all consciously. If you need more information, really just ask. I don't mind at all. I picked questions out I felt really displayed me. Sorry for my bad English, it isn't my first language. I am using Socionics notation as I am looking for that type, but any input would be great to be honest. If you have time, tell me whatever you notice. Thanks beforehand.

This is one of my questionnaires I filled in in the past, except I went more into detail. I don't believe in stereotypes, so don't be hesitant to point out a type. The only higher functions I can't see at this point are dominant Si and higher stack Te. Why? No matter how much I hate to admit it, my Si sucks. Si is like foreign language to me. I have zero awareness of what goes on in my body and if I ever do notice something off, I go all hypochondric. I can't use it for long, it drains me, I don't understand it. Heck, I get into fights with my ISXp parents all the time and it's mostly because I clash with their Si. It suffocates me. I push against it. They get annoyed with me because of Si related issues. Shortly said, unless there are good arguments, I don't believe I am ESXj/ISXp. Though I have nothing against most SJ's!! I have some SFj friends. I am, to be fair, jealous of my SFj friends because they have such a good grasp of Fe and Si in a healthy way. I look up to them and admire them. However, Si for me? I think some friends of mine might bet their lives on that one. I think I am ExTp, because I do seem to use Fe in a unhealthy extent and seem to use Ti. I also seem to have 7wx in my stack, who knows. Short said, any help regarding my type is appreciated!

I think this information may help as well:
- When I asked my INTj brother traits that would describe me, he used the words: cunning, clever and avoidant. I am like the queen of avoidance. I know that isn't a good trait haha, but I have my way of bullshitting my way out of anything. (my friends hate this.)
- I make things last minute, postponing is something I always do.
- I also change plans in the middle of something, super last minute. I stress my IXXp friends out, all the times. I don't like sticking to plans. Fuck plans.
- I can be a bit of (denial) a drama queen and manipulative.
- Yet I hate drama, makes me want to crawl under my bed and never come out.
- People see me as calculating and insensitive (my drama teacher pointed it out)
- I am often unaware I am hurting people's feelings, I swear that isn't my intention. I don't feel sorry if it was the truth though. Sometimes you need to hear it.
- I am a bitch in my head, but on the outside I am all charm.
- I sometimes say unappropriated things and don't notice I do until I see other people's reactions.
- I am the class clown and have the focus of a spoon.

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
Work is a restriction in freedom, but on the other hand it does fill your day and pays your bills. It just feels like a drag to me, why waste your precious time on it? I know the world would fall apart if people didn't work and could just do whatever they want and not need money, but I really hate it. I just want to travel, excel skills, discover places and do something useful, something I am actually interested in and not just because I have to do it to provide for myself.

It basically starts with kindergarten. Everything you learn has to do with college and once you reach college everything has to be done for work and when you work you do it for the future of your children and then they do the same. It's an useless cycle. You are basically repeating your parents and what do you accomplish? Nothing. You are not happy. You are doing everything for your children, but they won't enjoy their lives either. You are just feeding the cycle.

3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
I would be a bit jealous at first, then sometimes I tend to get cynical (there must be a trick to it), then comes curiosity (how do they do it?), then I try watch & learn and then I become competitive and try to master their skill, pushing myself too hard until I think I am doing okay and then I just forget all about that shit and move on to the next skill.

5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
*full blown researches pyramids, writes an essay on them, tries to find their own twist, turns up with something entirely different (I mean, people say that I don't follow assignments very well? But a pyramid doesn't have to be a pyramid. It doesn't have to be traditional, it can be anything! Honestly, just following 'rules' is limiting your creativity and just provides boring results. I don't believe there are any rules on what makes a pyramid.), and yet still manages to get a good grade*

4. Choose one of the following tasks and give a detailed answer. Explain your choice.

- If A is not B, and B is not C, therefore A is C. Is it correct? Why?
It could be. I would say so at first sight, but there must be more to it. What is B if it's not C? Is there more to this formula or is B a stand alone letter? How would it connect in this? How is B relevant if it doesn't reveal anything about the other components? What is B? Why would A be C? What if there is more information to this? Actually, I changed my mind. You can't say A must be C when this is all the information you get. It simply doesn't provide enough evidence for this matter.

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

Beauty can be physical, but beauty is also something personal. It is the aura someone has around them, but sometimes it is also in looks. The beauty in someone is their character and strength. Their determination and a good heart. Physically, my understanding does correlate with generally accepted notion most of the time, but it isn't determined by it. Someone can be as pretty as it gets, but if the inside doesn't match up, the person isn't beautiful by me.

2. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classic beauty"? If so, what is it?

Well, I think beauty is personal and there isn't really a key to it. But I do think there are general accepted factors that play a part in it like good skin, symmetrical and balanced features. I automatically think of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn when classic beauty is mentioned, but I don't think the term is written in stone and has a lot of different interpretations.

3. How do you create your comfort and cosiness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
I create comfort and cosiness by rolling up a blanket, lightning a fireplace, eating sweets and having someone close sitting next to me. I am a sucker for cuddling (when in a relationship, everyone else, back off please lol. personal space. physical touching usually makes me super uncomfortable. it really depends on how close I am with them) and having my dog there.

I like to think I am good at comfort and cosiness, but I am not sure if people would evaluate my skill like that. I don't like to get comfortable around people and letting my guard off, so therefor nobody sees me doing so. I feel threatened doing it around other people.

4. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?

I pick my clothes on weather and look. I tend to dress up either too cold or too hot, so I am trying to get better at predicting it. I don't follow fashion, but pick what I like and what kind of combinations I think would look great. I do know how to dress people's body types and like to give them advice on it. I am lucky though since I am a skinny hourglass and don't need to watch out for my own body type as much.

3. How quickly can you change emotional state? To what side – positive or negative?
Sadness takes me a while, but anger usually comes quickly to me. Happiness takes me around two minutes. Negative emotions are harder for me to fake than positive emotions. I think this is because sadness and expressing anger makes me feel vulnerable, even when not genuine.

2. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? How do you express it?
Sympathy is when you feel bad for someone else. I try to express it by awkwardly trying to make them feel better, cracking jokes, take them to the cinema, mostly make jokes. Strong emotions make me feel uncomfortable. When it is adviced not to, I don't give a crap, but it would also feel like a way out. I think someone else might be better at it.

3. Are there any standards of behaviour or interpersonal relationships in the society? If so, do you adhere to them? Do people always have to maintain them? Why?
There are apparently. I honestly scavenged through wikihow when I was around 15 to learn etiquettes, because people bullied me for being so socially clueless and I had no clue how to handle it. I had no idea how to comfort anyone or what was appropriate. I started to care when I noticed this kind of knowledge can be used against people. It can get you whatever the fuck you want. It can benefit you.

I don’t think people should follow ‘those rules’ at all, but just do what they want to do. I do follow them when I find them beneficial.

5. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you feel ill-disposed towards somebody for a long time? How easily do you forgive people?
It makes me wonder what I have done wrong. Have I said something to make them think of me that way? Does their attitude represent me? Is it fair for them to give me that attitude?

I can show my negative attitude toward someone else if they angered me enough, though I am most likely to be annoyed inwards and not show it to them. I am the kind of person you don’t know she is angry at you because she tends to let it built up and not say anything about it.

I am not capable to feel ill-disposed towards someone for a long time. I tend to 'forget' they hurt me and I would just start talking to you again. Sometimes I come home and then remember and curse myself. I feel like a fish. Dory and I have this is common.

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
I think it depends on the person. Life has no meaning until you give it one. It all depends on you whether you enter the school-college-work-kids cycle or do something and enjoy it. I don’t think a life is supposed to have a meaning and it doesn’t at birth, but it rather forms by decisions. I don’t think we were put on this earth for a reason, but nature is just doing it’s way and if you don’t start making outside of the box choices you trap yourself. Unless your intention is to provide for your family which would make your life meaningful. I think everyone’s life’s can be meaningful if decisions are made consciously. It doesn’t mean a meaningless life means less than a meaningful life. It just means some people fill it in more consciously and therefor in their eyes lead a meaningful life. It all comes down to the subjective opinion of the life form.

2. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's traits?

I can hardly tell anything for sure. I try not to judge right away (although I do), but form opinions quickly (yet they can also be altered fairly easy). If I’d had to say I can tell fairly quickly. People are predictable sometimes. Error & Trial. I usually test out your buttons to tell me what kind of person you are. Damn, I seem like a sociopath.

3. What is imagination? Do all people have imagination and can fantasize? What is your fantasizing like?
Imagination is such a big word. Imagination is everything you picture there but isn’t real, imagination creates dream worlds, they make you feel alive. I believe everyone can fantasize, but the ratio they do varies per person. My fantasy is wild and lively. In fact I spend most of my day just daydreaming and making up stories. It fuels me. Ideas, dreaming, they ironically keep me grounded. I need them to get through the day

5. Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good. What's your attitude towards this statement?
100% agreed. The idea may hold no value to others then, but they will certainly help you get further into the brainstorm process and in my opinion all ideas contain value. You need ideas to form ideas and no idea has to be correct to be good. Correctness can come way later, what matters is the idea itself.

1. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
Some people never do change, but when they do I often notice really late if I even notice. It really depends on how drastic the change is. I don’t care about people changing, I often just embrace them as they come. I love changes in general and they keep me happy. I absolutely hate it when things stay the same for too long. It makes me feel icky. I think if I notice a change in something, people must be really blind for not seeing them, since I barely notice any changes haha. Me noticing would be a miracle.

2. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you waste time?

Time is … time is … How do I even begin to describe time? Time is something that is there. You can’t touch it or smell it, but you can feel it passing by. Honestly most of the time we are wasting time in my opinion. Every minute that you don’t spend doing something you like or invaluable is a waste of time.

3. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
I don’t need help creating forecasts. I am almost always right. I observe and predict, but I am not constantly doing that. It might be narrowing down what I think would be options and the question is whether it’s the right outcome or not.

4. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
I am always ten minutes early, because being late would give me trouble and I rather have some preparation time.

5. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions:
a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts,
Okay, I have to keep watching the clock, because otherwise I am going to leave late and I can’t afford that. *nervously ticking foot* *starts daydreaming about the meeting and play out all kinds of scenarios and how to respond to them* *in the main time also checking the meeting time over and over*
b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts,
So nervous. Is he here yet? Let’s try to formulate my notes so it isn’t all algebra to him. *re-checks meeting time*

c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here,
Hmm … Maybe he got held up?

d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here,
Okay, definitely not held up. He could be sick and forgot to call me. Or I remembered the time wrong *checks around four times at least, because she doesn’t trust her own memory lol*.

e) more time and the person is still not here…
I would send him a text asking whether he was held up. Then I would wait for another hour in case he shows up. I would be making a joke out of it. I don't know how I would feel about it? I just like laughing at my own misfortune.

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

Before finding out he has cancer: Wow, what just went on there? Why did he break up with me? Did I say something that upset him? Shit, I thought I grew past doing that. Maybe he is just busy with work. I should give it a few more days. *two days later* Hmm ... okay, he isn't regretting this. I would feel worthless and go all: "Why can't I be happy? It's like I am not build the same way. Look I fucked up again. Now he doesn't want me either.", I would never admit those thoughts though. They are irrational and I am ashamed I would have them. It doesn't make any sense. How is this going to fix anything? Those thoughts are probably that 4wx in my stack.

After finding out he has cancer: Shit. I should go talk to him, if he wants to. Okay, no. I am taking him back, whatever he thinks. I won't let him do this to himself. We'll make it the best few weeks or even days. I am not leaving him. I can distract him. I don't want him to die like that. Who cares about me right now question? He is the one that is dying. I want to make him feel better. I would probably feel awful in the background, but I won't let him know. I will take him out, get my vacation days at work and finish his bucket list with him, or at least try to.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
I would be action orientated towards him, but I would dwell on my own feelings, but won't let him know I feel sad. Once I get with him I won't show any pain, because it would make him sadder.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your room-mate end up in the same class together. You and your room mate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your room mate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your room mate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your room mate’s request and why?
I would help him out obviously. I will feel a bit begrudged because it ruined my free time, but do it. If this can make such a big difference in a good way, who am I to not help him? I am sure he would have done the same thing for me. I would sit down with him and make a plan in my head. I would probably do a hour of work, take 15 minutes of and then move on to the next chapters until he grasps it. If he doesn't, I'll draw it out for him.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
He asked for the first time, how it decided whether he fails or passes this class, my professor wouldn't know and that he never caused me any trouble before.

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.
Oh shit. I had plans. Hmm. Okay, no Esmée, you gotta help him. You just have plans, he could fail and you are a great tutor. With your help he will pass and if he doesn't at least it won't be your fault. Don't be selfish. "Yes, of course!" Plans ... No, you cancel them. I would also want to be helped if I were him.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?
Project 1 would be the closest to how I process information. I would chose Project 1 for the brainstorming, broad expansive project rather than narrow focus and it would have more impact on the company.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?
Eww, working in a group? I am not sure. I would prefer Project 1 in terms of a broad, expansive project, but then I dislike working in groups. Groups are like a third wheel. They always get in my way and never finish what has been promised to me and I trust it's good when I do it. I would still go for Project 1 though because it would have significant impact and Project 2 seems useless. I like the brainstorming in Project 1, but after that I want the group to get the hell out lol.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behaviour in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
I would at first quietly sit down and listen to what they have to say. I probably find their ideas stupid, because people never have really interesting ones. (I know I am mean, I am sorry. I never speak those thoughts out loud though.) I wouldn't like that they already are going in a certain direction. "You could do that ... or we could *insert own brainstorm here*." If they won't listen I'll lose interest right away, unless they already had a cool alternative. Reality doesn't matter, I can arrange whatever we come up with somehow. I'll find away. When I am not passionate about the final idea I'll do my part without that extra work I always do when I am happy with the idea, but I won't complain about the idea, just rather try to get my way by smooth talk (I said it before, in my head I am so much meaner).

- Describe what major influences drive this behaviour.
Good strong work ethic almost always means they are serious people that work hard, but lack good ideas to build upon. I am kinda biased when I know they work good and finish in time. They are either timid people or alpha people but lack good ideas.

Last edited:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
How important is being right to you? Do you debate things with others much?

Are you lazy? What is your follow-through like with things?

Where are you with desire to be around people and how shy are you in social interaction? How does it manifest?

How much do you care about what other people think of you?

Would you describe yourself more as: cold on the outside and warm on the inside OR warm on the outside and cold on the inside?

Would you rather be the brains behind an operation, the leader or both?

How does nostalgia present for you?

Do you naturally think more about the present, future or in the moment?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP. You jump around a lot (Ne) without planning, you hold a strong favorable use of logic over emotions (NT), disregarding details if it impedes on your daily living (Inferior/shadow Si), and despite all of this, you can still charm the pants off of anyone. (Fe)

bibliobibuli

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How important is being right to you? Do you debate things with others much?

I like being right and discussing a matter, while meanwhile manipulating the subject so it looks like I am right, but my focus doesn't last long, so after around 30 minutes I just want to move on to the next subject. If all sides of a matter had been milked out I lose interest, but conclude I am right because *insert bs reason here*. I am the worst XD

Are you lazy? What is your follow-through like with things?

Yessss. I don't like actually doing stuff. I like thinking about doing a lot of things, but I rarely execute ideas, because I rather just leave it at 'did it in my mind'. I am super lazy.

Where are you with desire to be around people and how shy are you in social interaction? How does it manifest?

I feel energized when I interact with people, but obviously I also need to recharge once in a while. I am spontaneous and high energy. I tend to give my ISFp friend stress because I always change plans when we hang out midway through. I am the kind of person you make plans with at a museum and end up with at the zoo or a theme park. It never goes according to plan and I hate schedules, so that doesn't work for me either.

How much do you care about what other people think of you?

More than I'd like to admit. I do care. I want to be liked, but it isn't like my main operation mode? It's on the background, not a constant worry. It comes after other stuff.

Would you describe yourself more as: cold on the outside and warm on the inside OR warm on the outside and cold on the inside?

Warm on the outside, cold on the inside, definitely.

Would you rather be the brains behind an operation, the leader or both?
I would like to be the brains, not the leader, because I hate having too much responsibility because I am chaotic and I am not the best person to give too much responsibility. I suck at organisation.

How does nostalgia present for you?

Once in a while it hits me, like with Christmas, Christmas means snow, fireplaces, old movies and chocolate milk to me and without it, it isn't Christmas. I'd like to say family is important, but I have a terrible relation with my family, except from my INTP/INTj (< Socionics INTj) brother. I associate Home Alone with Christmas, but besides these little things, I don't experience it as much? I have a weird relationship with nostalgia, I do have it, but with the weird things and not constant.

Do you naturally think more about the present, future or in the moment?

The future and present. I am mostly pre-occupied with the future, what will happen, what could happen, but I don't plan. I just like to play around with it.

Answers are under the questions. I hope that helped you :)

ENTP. You jump around a lot (Ne) without planning, you hold a strong favorable use of logic over emotions (NT), disregarding details if it impedes on your daily living (Inferior/shadow Si), and despite all of this, you can still charm the pants off of anyone. (Fe)

Okay, thank you! I will note this high on my list. I want to see some different perspectives, sides, opinions, but I agree it's a very probable choice. (I just don't like settling on one opinion without seeing what others might say, I don't even know why. I guess I like to discuss a bit more, rather than just immediately settle.)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read your answers to Cloudpatrol's questions and, yup, I knew I was right in my suspicions. ENTP, Ne-dom as heck.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
I think I am ExTp, because I do seem to use Fe in a unhealthy extent and seem to use Ti.[/B]

There's an antidote for that
d62b080499468cbea83bb2d360d1f308.jpg
Details might seem daunting but it helps a lot of you to get better grasp of Ti. Gives better balance and more credibility to your Fe when you are able structure your thinking more coherently on the fly.

Since you are familiar with socionics. I would like to ask yoo: How your Se is doing?
At least it has some accessible power for me when you have to be socially functional even tough it makes me cringe inside.

bibliobibuli

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's an antidote for that
View attachment 16976
Details might seem daunting but it helps a lot of you to get better grasp of Ti. Gives better balance and more credibility to your Fe when you are able structure your thinking more coherently on the fly.

Since you are familiar with socionics. I would like to ask yoo: How your Se is doing?
At least it has some accessible power for me when you have to be socially functional even tough it makes me cringe inside.

Okay, so the antidote is saying if you combine alien sign language with basic shapes and subtract, it will cure me? Fuck, I need to learn alien XD Thanks for the advice. One of the reasons why I want to know my type is to develop as a person and because I am bored, mostly. I needed a new hobby.

My Se isn't that great. I think it's also a reason why my driving lessons aren't going that great. I have trouble taking information in as it is. My ESFP drive instructor gets frustrated with me a lot, asks me whether I am blind, how come I don't see what he sees, if my eyes aren't working. He is partly kidding, but I tend to get on his nerves too. I have issues with taking direct orders and execute them, I think for myself first and then end up not executing it properly. I can't copy what someone shows me directly. I think it must be either 1D or 2D? I am not even sure how to explain my Se. I obviously know what Se is, what it does, but to apply it to myself and analyze it is a bit difficult for me. Maybe a lack of awareness makes it hard to describe?

bibliobibuli

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I settled on ENTP. Just wanted to drop a quick comment to let you know. Thanks to those who contributed!