• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Three days to settle a wager - fidelia's e type

What is fid's enneagram type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'If you really know a e1 you would not like or be able to get along with that person;' someone told me a long time ago.

Are you hard to get along with Fid?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i dunno i'd lean towards 9 but i really don't know my template for 1's are [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and they are way more angry than you come across but you're also older as people get older the calmer they become. or maybe not calmer but less likely to express it my instinct says 9w1 but i really don't know. but i do see a perfectionist streak in you.

i don't know your type. i'm gonna vote 9 but i would not bet more than 30 cents on it.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My brothers a 1w9 and hes not SO rigid any more- that connection to 9 really kinda- can make someone appear more mellow on the surface.

But- you come off to me, like he does- as someone who at the end of the day- will consistantly assert yourself when something is unacceptable- without too much of a problem.

Not the best reasoning but- I dont know, really its just more on vibes for me here.

I dont know, I just kinda get from people who I feel are even influenced by 9 in their tritype- I just feel as if its more obvious to me, some element that I get from them that I dont get from you.

Youre cool though. I like you.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a strong feeling I get from e9s that I don't get from you. It's like, the more they stifle, the more they seem to expect others to do the same or something. I'm relatively certain they wouldn't agree on it being an "expectation of others", and yet there seems to be a very repressed anger/very palpable silent judgment when others aren't being something that is very easy to exist around. I don't purport to know what's actually going on, all I know is that it feels very stifling to interact with, like they have a trigger librarian's shushing finger to shush or stifle any experience (their own or someone else's) that might incite feelings they don't want to experience. And the less aware they are of how much they don't want to experience certain emotions, the less aware they seem to be of how their (unconscious) aversion effects others- it can be like having someone sporadically rush into the room and spray everything with a fire extinguisher for fear that a fire might happen, instead of knowing when an actual fire is happening, and seeming somewhat oblivious to that difference. I have a lot of e9s in my family, so I'm very sensitive to it.

Anyway, I don't get that from you at all. I get it from both my son and my dad- both of whom I love to the moon and back, and I consider my son to be wise beyond his years but I have to be very careful about how I express feelings with both of them. It's like I can just sense them reaching for that 'emotional fire extinguisher' if I don't stifle my expression first (because if they're the ones that do it, then they're going to also 'shut down' for a while too). And I don't mean to sound like a jerk about this, every enneatype has their "I feel best when others _____, because then it feels like they understand/accept me' list of quirks. It's just, like I said, I have a lot of e9 in my family and I'm especially sensitive to the invalidation that comes with dealing with it*.
I'm not saying I think 1 for sure but wanted to say I think this is an excellent analysis and that I very much agree with it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a strong feeling I get from e9s that I don't get from you. It's like, the more they stifle, the more they seem to expect others to do the same or something. I'm relatively certain they wouldn't agree on it being an "expectation of others", and yet there seems to be a very repressed anger/very palpable silent judgment when others aren't being something that is very easy to exist around. I don't purport to know what's actually going on, all I know is that it feels very stifling to interact with, like they have a trigger librarian's shushing finger to shush or stifle any experience (their own or someone else's) that might incite feelings they don't want to experience. And the less aware they are of how much they don't want to experience certain emotions, the less aware they seem to be of how their (unconscious) aversion effects others- it can be like having someone sporadically rush into the room and spray everything with a fire extinguisher for fear that a fire might happen, instead of knowing when an actual fire is happening, and seeming somewhat oblivious to that difference. I have a lot of e9s in my family, so I'm very sensitive to it.

Anyway, I don't get that from you at all. I get it from both my son and my dad- both of whom I love to the moon and back, and I consider my son to be wise beyond his years but I have to be very careful about how I express feelings with both of them. It's like I can just sense them reaching for that 'emotional fire extinguisher' if I don't stifle my expression first (because if they're the ones that do it, then they're going to also 'shut down' for a while too). And I don't mean to sound like a jerk about this, every enneatype has their "I feel best when others _____, because then it feels like they understand/accept me' list of quirks. It's just, like I said, I have a lot of e9 in my family and I'm especially sensitive to the invalidation that comes with dealing with it*.

Aside from forum communication, you and I have talked for hours on the phone- and I haven't gotten this from you. While it's not like I ever thought e1 was a perfect fit necessarily (it's not like I thought it DIDN'T fit, but it never seemed like a clear fit either), it would surprise me if you were e9.

*Just as every enneatype has their own "I feel best when others ____, because then it feels like they understand/accept me", they also have their blind spots where they don't realize the toll their neurosis takes on others.
I'm going to second highlanders vote on this. I was romantically involved with one for 15 years, and this describes it well.

The only problem with my vote of E1 is that I don't know much about E1s, so I could still be wrong about it. I do feel like there could be some 2 or 4 in fidelia. She is a peacemaker and very kind and conscientious in her posts - the most of anyone that comes to my mind.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i dunno i'd lean towards 9 but i really don't know my template for 1's are [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and they are way more angry than you come across but you're also older as people get older the calmer they become. or maybe not calmer but less likely to express it my instinct says 9w1 but i really don't know. but i do see a perfectionist streak in you.

i don't know your type. i'm gonna vote 9 but i would not bet more than 30 cents on it.
1w9s are significantly chiller than 1w2s. And an INFJ 1w2 is for a variety of reasons going to be very different from either me or [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION].

Part of why I hesitate to rule out 1w2 is because -- I know I said my INFJ 1w2 mom is nothing like [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION], but she also only vents her 1w2 frustration to a very select few people in her life. If she were on the forum, she would probably show very little of her anger here. That's why I made the initial comment about compartmentalizing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
1w9s are significantly chiller than 1w2s. And an INFJ 1w2 is for a variety of reasons going to be very different from either me or [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION].

Part of why I hesitate to rule out 1w2 is because -- I know I said my INFJ 1w2 mom is nothing like [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION], but she also only vents her 1w2 frustration to a very select few people in her life. If she were on the forum, she would probably show very little of her anger here. That's why I made the initial comment about compartmentalizing.

yeah before i knew you and read your blog on the reg i had no clue how much anger you had and i've never read a blog by fidelia maybe i ahve i don't remember. so i can see your point. like if i didn't read your blog i'd probably wouldn't know anything
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] on the other hand is like yup don't need to read his blog just find him in a thread with a member he hates.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah before i knew you and read your blog on the reg i had no clue how much anger you had and i've never read a blog by fidelia maybe i ahve i don't remember. so i can see your point. like if i didn't read your blog i'd probably wouldn't know anything
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] on the other hand is like yup don't need to read his blog just find him in a thread with a member he hates.
Yeah, when I'm on the forum, I try to contain my anger in my blog and in The Rant Thread. IRL I contain my anger to the occasional venting session with close friends. That containment doesn't work all the time, but that's to be expected -- I agree with many people in this thread who say that 1w2s tend to "leak" anger by accident.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, when I'm on the forum, I try to contain my anger in my blog and in The Rant Thread. IRL I contain my anger to the occasional venting session with close friends. That containment doesn't work all the time, but that's to be expected -- I agree with many people in this thread who say that 1w2s tend to "leak" anger by accident.

that makes a lot of sense for you. knowing what i know about you that makes the most sense out of any possible action.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted 1 this morning, but I'll say a bit of the 'why'. I feel like Fidelia is extremely principled and structured and has a clear vision of what she thinks is right/wrong (I recall specifically many of her posts in relationship threads), and to me seems to not waver in terms of her message. I see her as a message-bringer/giver, almost. In a very 'solid' way, I feel. She doesn't post or come across in the way e9's do, doesn't come across as...ephemeral? She seems far more solid to me than 9's usually are, and seems less flexy. (I don't mean this in a bad way. It can be quite a good thing too.) So as not to confuse this with the Ni-dom brand of being way-too-flexy, I also recall her posts of being in relationships and such, and being too accommodating, and so on. I view that as NiFe territory, not the e9 difficulty in knowing/finding self / morph-iness. I guess I see pretty large differences between [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] / [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION], for example.

I think others have made great points/arguments for e9 too, though. That's my piece, though.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only problem with my vote of E1 is that I don't know much about E1s, so I could still be wrong about it.

E1 is pretty foreign to me too. The only thing making me lean towards e1 is that, yeah, I think fid is very conscientious. That aligns with the little I know about e1.

I haven't voted in the poll because there isn't an "I feel ambivalent about e1, but feel moderately confident e9 doesn't fit" option. I'm reticent to vote an option that doesn't adequately express my view. :nerd:

á´…eparted

passages

I agree. It's kind of strange that 1w9 and 1w2 are so different in that regard. In my experience 1w9's anger tends to be much more internal, and directed at the self. Which is part of the reason it isn't see as much. I also agree that an INFJ 1w2 is going to appear a lot different. ExxJ types are so outwardly oriented and meddle with stuff in their environment so much that things get put on display much more easily, and with more energy/force. Where as with IxxJ's they tend to keep things inward, simply from being introverted. They just aren't as apt to express things. They would have to be pressed a lot by their environment before it comes out. If Fidelia is a 1, then she strikes me as someone who is very good at ducking out of situations that would force her to express things she doesn't want to express. Introverts in general are good at that.

I was good friends with two ISTJ 1's in college, and their anger was very hard to see with the untrained eye. One was a 1w9 and it was damn near impossible to see. The 1w2 you could pick up on it if she explained her nature to you.

Dug-I-Do-Not-Like-The-Cone-of-Shame-Up-2009.gif

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What other type do you think, [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION]?

Thanks for your responses! I'm finding them very interesting. I'm off to a baby shower but will respond better after.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What other type do you think, [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION]?

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I don't really see 1 or 9 in you but I don't know you very well. I could see 2 though, potentially.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey, [MENTION=14]Falcarius[/MENTION], [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=3216]Thursday[/MENTION], and [MENTION=22257]Floki[/MENTION], I see you voted! I'd be interested in anything you have to say, although, of course it's up to you!

Oh, and I just thought of [MENTION=315]Usehername[/MENTION], @kyueui, [MENTION=6971]21%[/MENTION], [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], @BushDid9/11, and [MENTION=15496]IngridInGrids and [MENTION=5159], [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION][/MENTION]. Also [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION]. They've been around for awhile and have interacted some.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thank you to all of you who have taken time to write your analysis or rationale. Here's some additional info:

- I seem pretty mellow compared to most e1s I know, but then, most of them are extroverts, so that may account for it

- I don't suffer from piles of guilt, but I am pretty shouldy with myself.

- I do have a lot of little inner expectations of what I expect of myself and of other people, and sometimes when I don't engage with certain people it's because I don't want to feel resentful or disappointed and I'm pretty sure I will and that uses up energy.

- I don't enjoy conflict for the sake of it, but I dislike uncertainty even more. Usually I weigh out the downsides vs upsides of bringing something up. If there are more positives AND I know how to proceed confidently, I will.

- As a kid, and as an adult, I usually won't wade in to a situation till I feel I know what to expect and am sure I can do it up to the standard I want to. It's like there's a piece of me split off and watching myself. It makes it hard to just go for it, even if it's not a performance based thing. I'm aware of how I feel, but also how I appear. I am terribly earnest and it's hard for me not to get embarrassed easily or take even kind hearted teasing. Although I think I'm improving.

- I like making other people happy and caring for them, emotionally and practically. But it's not in an effort to earn their love, so much as it just is fun for me.

- I sometimes underestimate just how upset I am about something, or over promise and then realize I can't do it. Inwardly I can be a little resentful and mercurial when I think people are not reciprocating or are allowing/expecting me to over accommodate but because I can put myself in other people's shoes, I try to be extra careful then not to let them be a target of my anger because sometimes it's just a passing thing, or woukd be changed by another little detail of info and sometimes it's legit. I have a hard time knowing at what point something is worth bringing up.

- under stress I am much testier, blunter and have less patience for what I think people should know better about.

- I usually am aware of annoyance or anger, but woukd think of it as frustration. When it does inadvertently leak out or burst out, I'm embarrassed after, even if I feel that the sentiments were correct. I care about presenting things properly and appearing reasonable.

- I don't really get upset over tension between people. If I peacemake, it's more for practical purposes, or because I like mailing human puzzles, rather than being terribly distressed. Of course the closer people are to me, the less that applies.

- I'm a bit uptight in some ways, and often carry tension in my body, although I'm not one of those driven, never can rest or sit down people. In fact, I worry that I'm a bit too lazy.
- in specific areas I am very tireless and passionate. In other ones, I'm kind of laissez faire.

- I fear losing credibility with people or using up finite resources with them if I am overly unrestrained, impose my possibly transient frustration on them, or looking foolish. Ironically, it ends up making them feel distanced or they just feel neutral about me.

- I avoid taking the lead in daily plans with friends, stating preferences etc, because Id rather deal with having to accommodate ( I can predict my feelings better), than if they dislike what I've chosen. For me, it totally spoils it if someone is only doing something to please or humour me, even though I seem to think it's okay if it's the other way around. It maybe comes of as trying to put then in my debt, when really it's more trying to avoid seeing their negative response to something I've chosen. I'm oversensitive, but am embarrassed of being that way, so i tend to avoid situations where my feelings could get hurt.

- I'm often moving furniture in my head. When I go someplace, I can't help but imagine how it could be done differently. I hate committees and group work and if assigned roles would prefer to be a minion or a leader if no one else is properly taking leadership. Ideally though, I would be given my own section of work to be responsible for and if people are needed, I'd take care of finding them for myself. I don't like working with people who don't share the same philosophy or priorities if it's something that is important to me or affects my reputation.

- safety and stability seem to matter to me. I take awhile to embrace new ideas. Despite enjoying finding common ground, I think I still remain fairly distinct from those around me inwardly. I may not focus on our points of difference, but certainly will discuss them if the other party is interested or if it's needful.

- I think I have a warmer vibe in person or on the phone than I do in writing.

- I have much more candid views than I would usually express in a larger group. I like customizing my approach to my audience.

- I don't find it hard to stand up for myself as long as I'm convinced of my position. Sometimes though the more I'm involved personally, the harder I find it to feel sure I'm seeing things reasonably or objectively, so don't take action. It's not fear though or just wanting peace at all costs.

- I'm pretty optimistic about people but also don't really assume all people are good. Usually I would have an analysis of info I've assembled so far that shapes my picture of them.

- I tend to look at the things that are obstacles or problems to be solved first, rather than whether the situation is basically good. Some people see that as negativity, but I just like knowing what I'm working with.

- I don't really daydream at all. I think I have a fairly practical bent.

- I often try to talk myself out of feeling negatively in a rational way by understanding where the person is coming from,cobsidering my own bias, taking various factors into account. Sometimes it is at the expense though of experiencing that emotion so it can move me to appropriate action. I think this is different than numbing or being unaware of feelings. It's more like I'm trying to rationally bypass emotions that are gumming things up. I'm learning this is not a good long term strategy.

- I care about how I am perceived by other people, but more in the sense that I want it to be what I think I am portraying. I wouldn't say I'm ever being false, but there are very few that see a version of me that hasn't been edited a bunch of times with the ramifications of behaviour or expression, audience interests/needs/likely reactions and so on in mind. I think sometimes that creates a sense of lag in response and distance in trying to make it polished and correct that creates results that aren't so great.

- I have a lot of conflict between being authentic and knowable and also having a strong inner editor that won't let anything go out before it's as correct and consistent as I'm able to make it. I usually play things too sage and don't take enough chances.

- I'm much more playful and spontaneous the more sure I am of the people around me and how they will respond. I probably initially seem much more formal and bland than I actually am.

- I'm not much of a worrier, but I am quite affected physically by stress even when I rationally see things in perspective.

- I tend to be avoidant only when I can't see how to address a problem.

- only the people closer to me woukd hear much of any negative stuff about them, unless I was giving constrictive criticism for teaching purposes, or I was in an untenable situation if things remained as they were, or I wasn't too worried about the repercussions. Most of my reticence woukd have to do with wanting to be fair, concern for the repercussions, or concern for how it would affect the relationship. The state of all my relationships is foremost on my radar.

- I dislike crying in front of people. The only people that have seen me do so is my very inner circle or a couple of times when my anger finally split at the seams, despite trying to contain it. There are only a handful of people ive really and truly yelled at. As I'm getting older though, I'm realizing that as long as you don't abuse it, there is something productive about people seeing that you are affected by something. As much as I dislike gratuitous displays of emotion, I don't find it distressing in others, or really even in myself. In myself my dislike of certain emotions has to do more with the sheer volume of energy and processing time it takes up and also not wanting to impose it on others.

- there are certain causes and ideas I feel very strongly about but I tend to go at them in a more behind the scenes kind of way, more because I feel I can get further with people that way than through apathy or fear of censure.

- I dislike being wrong or not having anticipated what others might think is incorrect if it is something that matters to me. If it doesn't matter to me, I don't care what they think nearly so much. There is a strong need to do things right and to be right before I put something out there for others to comment on. I'm learning that I probably need to be less that way so others feel I don't expect perfection and so I get more open and resilient.

- I greatly dislike it when others try to smooth over my or other people's negativity before it has been fully aired. Strangely enough though, I resent people who pollute my atmosphere with their moodiness if they aren't prepared to talk about it or try to do something to change the situation. So I guess I'm doing the same thing but with their emotional state, while they do it with my rational state.

- I dislike it when people are pleasant but stay quite safe and distant and never say anything negative about anyone. It feels like they don't trust me. I also don't like it when people want me to be positive at all times or when they are because it implies stifling emotion or lack of trust.

- if I understand the why of someone's behaviour, the what ceases to upset me nearly as much, almost to a fault.

- I'm rather idealistic and immoveable on some things, which leads me to often try to find a situation that fits me, rather than convince people of my off the beaten track point of view. I probably err too much on the side of selling people short and not giving them a chance to respond to what I candidly think.

- I'm very protective of the ideas, people or things that matter to me and so only share then with people I think will respond appropriately. What I like is an extension of me, so what may seem not personal to them if they accept or reject it can feel deeply wounding to me.

- I find it easy to talk about past stuff that's already processed even if it's very personal. I'm quite open to answering even quite personal questions as long as I think the person's intent is right and am convinced they actually want to know. I don't like imposing on other people.

- as a kid, I preferred to be told what to do, but mostly because i didn't want to make mistakes. Even as an adult, I tend towards preventing mistakes, than responding to them.

- I find it pretty easy to accept care, even though I enjoy caring for people. I'm pretty enthusiastic and appreciative.

- I have opinions on nearly everything. I'm open to changing in light of new information, but I don't think I'm reticent to form an opinion of people and I definitely have opinions about myself. Forever Jung has expressed surprise at some of the specific questions I'll ask about preferences, likes or dislikes and at how detailed of a response I may have about nearly everything if asked about it. I think I'm pretty okay with myself, but definitely even with me have firm ideas about whether I like or dislike how I acted or what I said. I frequently squirm internally at even replaying certain scenes in my head and some of my fear of unsolicited criticism is that it will confirm my worst fears that my most terrible flaws which I don't know how to improve are so obvious they are readily visible to others or that I haven't done everything within my power first to improve before other people give me feedback. As I'm getting older this is a bit less scary though.

- overall I'd say I'm generally sunny natured and quite curious and interested in understanding people. I'm careless about details that I find onerous and procrastinate that which I am unsure about but then feel like a slacker for doing so. I'm kind of cautious, but like new experiences once I try them. I don't seek change but am fairly adaptable if it is thrust on me or is necessary. I have a huge list at all times of things I should do or want to accomplish, but am sometimes slow to get them done, until I have a little burst of greatness all at once. I am very low maintenance emotionally as long as my needs (and sometimes expectations) are being met, but if faced with too much uncertainty or lack of info or regular maintenance, I get panicky and clingy, or else a little standoffish and hurt. I cannot detach well even when I'd like to or know I should. I find it very hard to hide my emotions when I am upset, so instead seek to avoid the circumstances where I could become upset because I don't have much tolerance for myself then.

Whoa. That was super long. Still working on that wall of text thing!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, Riva, yes, I think in some ways I'm difficult to get along with, at least for some people, but often I don't make that known to them if the cost outweighs the benefits.

Magpie, definitely not four.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will caveat this with the fact that I’m not an enneagram expert. There are professionals who could give you much better perspectives than I.

My response comes from a few perspectives. First, I have engaged with you as a member on the forum. You have been a fellow moderator during a couple periods of time. Also, we have interacted one on one over the past five years, perhaps not often, but on occasion. As I reflect on your enneagram type, my perspective is mostly colored through what I have seen on that one on one interaction because I feel that is more representative of who you are vs. the face you have on the public forum.

Let me lay out some overall context first. Enneagram types can manifest very differently based on their MBTI type. Here are some numbers: 6% of INFJs are 1s and 11% are 9s. That means statistically you are unlikely to be either a 9 or a 1, making you uncommon to begin with. Second, you are more likely to be a 9 if you are an INFJ, which you most certainly are. However, there is a strong correlation between Enneagram 1 and those that prefer Introverted Sensing in the dominant or auxiliary position. 82% - 84% of Enneagram ones are of four types: ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ and ESFJ. 88% - 90% of Enneagram 1s are Sensors, with INTJs and ENTJs being the Intuitive types mostly likely to be a 1. Given how common SJs are in the population, what this means is that any stereotype you might hear of what a 1 would be like is going to be biased to SJ, which you most certainly are not.

On the forum publically, you tend to communicate your wisdom based on experience to the benefit of all. You have a good deal of insight about people and situations and have great ideas that are practical and useful. You tend to come across calmly and diplomatically always with a measure of reason. All that is well and good but with respect to enneagram type, I’m going to rely more on my one on one interaction with you.

I think you are a person of passion who wants to change the world for the better. You’re always thinking about the big picture. You constantly think about the problems of the world within your domain and you want to make things better. It is at the absolute core of who you are. You are very curious and open ended about it all and especially about people and how they think and act, which seems endless! You tend to be somewhat intellectual. You are hard on yourself and are a perfectionist in a very specific way. You hold yourself to standards, which you can’t ever quite reach. You are always measuring yourself and think you fall short of this ideal. You are also very analytical of situations and things that happen in life and practical about things that can be done to make things better. You think about a lot of things and are considering the possibilities of what can be done, always with an eye towards what could be done better and how you could influence that. You care a great deal about people you are close to and consider very carefully at all times what you are doing and how you can help them. You have a tendency to worry about them. With respect to anger, it seems like you feel this is a bad emotion and you don’t like to feel it.

All of these things I know about you point towards a 1 vs a 9. I know 9s. I don't believe they think like this.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh hey, anyone else who has read my posts and wants to vote is welcome. Just as interesting to me as what I really am is what impression people have of me, so I'm finding the information I'm getting quite useful. I also won't feel offended or blindsided if you include my more negative traits as well. It's actually helpful and useful to see those perceptions as well, at least to the extent possible in the limited forum context. I wouldn't say I'm a lot different outside the forum, but I think people get a more concentrated feel for me in one on one exchanges than in a larger context, because the more people, the more I keep that in mind as I wrote.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FWIW, I don't see you as a 1 at all. 9 is on your tritype, but maybe not the core. Could you be a 6?