• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Three days to settle a wager - fidelia's e type

What is fid's enneagram type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm late responding to this thread, but I want to say that my impression of you lines up with your own, in that I think you're a type 1w2. I thought about it for some time, and it's hard for me to say why I think you're 1w2. I suppose it comes down to you having a general vibe that I associate with the type. It's hard to justify that with words. For the 2 wing, you seem to enjoy helping people--although the reason for it that you stated in this thread doesn't strike me as particularly 2-ish.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, I am here as promised...

I decided to not read through the thread, for many reasons which do include the time factor, but also wanting a more uninfluenced perspective. Apologies if anything here repeats what others have said/quoted.

I won't be referencing anything with quotes, because it is kind of late. :sleeping:

So off the bat:
Both 9s and 1s are gut triad with anger as the emotion.
Let's look at that triad.

All these types - they are MAD at the disorder and disharmony and general imperfect world we live in. The dark side of humanity is too frustrating. The realist of the bunch is the 8, who accepts reality as it is (or perhaps a rather cynical view) and takes a more exploitive approach. But the other two are more idealistic...

9 - forgets anger, is self-forgetting, due to the specific passion of psychological laziness. Things are glossed over or given simple solutions to calm any disruption (internal and external) from anger. Actually solving the anger requires emotional and mental work they don't want to do. But because things are not really resolved, this anger comes out passive-aggressively, perhaps through feet-dragging, subtle sarcasm, etc. Unlike the 1, it is not a controlled passive-aggressiveness, but seems almost unconscious.
At healthier levels, they become more assertive and develop a diplomacy that is NOT over-adapting to appease others (and maintain their own internal calm), but that graciously finds real resolutions. Neither the healthy or unhealthy 9s are inclined to control, but both may seek to influence (either more assertively or passive-aggressively).

The deeper anger is at the self-forgetting...or a disconnection from themselves as an individual in order to have a connection to others, to be more in sync with their environment, or even to align with ideals (more prevalent in a 1 wing, I suppose). They are angry with themselves and external elements for having 'needed' to do this. The psychological laziness is to not go too deep in anyway that will reawaken this anger and make them have to address uncomfortable things about themselves.

1 - represses anger because they know it is "bad", repression builds up and it leaks out, but may come out as self-righteous criticism, and may seem "controlled". Often will use external sources or general rules of conduct to back up their position, so that it is not about personal emotion.
Specific passion is being "right" or "perfect". When they feel wrong or imperfect (which anger can make them feel), they can project it onto others (which can justify the anger). Again, anger comes out in a controlled way.

Deeper anger is with reality.....that it and themselves are so flawed. They are basically constantly critiquing themselves and reality out of this frustration. They can be punitive with themselves and others. Unlike 8s, they probably don't get a perverse satisfaction from punishing others, but I think they feel justified, and it may reinforce the "rightness" they so badly want to feel.

8 - expresses anger as a way of exerting power to meet lusts, making their satisfaction sadistic. Anger is at lack of morals in the world - but they react by seemingly embracing the dog-eat-dog reality, every man for himself, etc. Because they don't really trust others, they may try to dominate them and control them with their expressions of anger. Their passion is a power via sadism. I suspect it is a perverse sense of justice at times, as justice they may be angry is lacking in reality.
I won't go further into 8s, but it provides contrast in terms of how anger is felt/manifested and at the core of the passions. For determining wing, it may be useful.

All types are like a blend of their wings in a way. The 9 is a cornerstone type, meaning it is a pretty fundamental human "fear" (being separated from others -> self-forget /over-adapt -> psychological laziness to maintain that state and surface harmony to keep connected). To me, the 3-6-9 types relate to the instincts. 9 is possibly sexual - merging and losing oneself in another person (or thing or ideal, etc). IMO, 9s are more intimate than 1s or 8s, who may not realize they hold people back (8 doesn't want to be vulnerable; 1 doesn't want their imperfections laid bare or to deal with the imperfections of others). 9s will more often self-deprecate and self-reveal, because it is a way to connect with, relate to and bond with others. The 9s is sort of trying to harmonize the harsh realities (8) with a higher ideal (1), but when unhealthy, it glosses over the harshness to try and shortcut to an ideal (which may be too unrealistic).

1s are a blend of 9 and 2 in that the must self-forget or self-deny in order to meet their ideals and be right. There is repression, which is why they get called anal-retentive. The 2 aspect is pride, obviously related to "doing the right thing". They may not engage in as much positive self-talk as 2s do to reassure themselves they are awesome, loving, likable people, but they are definitely telling themselves they are "right". The psychological laziness of the 9s comes in in that they cant question their paradigm too much or they have nothing to measure against. They need some framework of right/wrong in order to achieve a feeling of rightness. This is where rigidity and unwillingness to see other views can come in. Integration to 7 obviously eases that.

To contrast....9s self-talk may be positive about situations/people, but self-deprecating as a way to not feel the self is too important (becomes disruptive). Although sandwiched between two positive triad types and integrating at the third, 1s are not a positive type. They are markedly more critical and exacting. This may be hard for them to see if their ideal model includes qualities like compassion or forgiveness. This includes their own self-talk - the critical eye is aimed at themselves, whereas 2s and 9s can reassure themselves of how kind or giving they are.

Now to analyze you :D
First of all....no one is that healthy. So put aside "what if I am just a healthy type?"
Naranjo noted that certain types may be regarded as well-adjusted at average levels, and some of those types were 1 and 9. Note that phrase - "well-adjusted"; well, it is really over-adjusting for these types, which some of their anger may also stem from. So with that in mind, come from the perspective of being average, and for most of your life you probably have been (even if you've integrated some as an adult).

So, I don't see you glossing over stuff to create a sense of harmony within yourself, with others or the environment. 9s glossing over means they can go easier on people and themselves at times.
I don't see you self-deprecating or self-revealing that much. You seem more guarded than most 9s (of course 9s may technically be very private...I am talking about a demeanor or way of presenting).
I do see you "scolding". I see you taking a "I am mature and these other people are childish" attitude at times. If something annoys you, then you present as controlled, and often see to want to appear detached, like it is not personal. Disagreement is rarely framed as personal. What type does that sound more like? ;)
Solution seems more aimed at correcting or refining others or yourself, not so much harmonizing different views, etc. Unhealthy 9s go "awww, can't we all just get along!" Or they checkout. Healthy 9s roll up their sleeves and try and really find common ground and to truly work out differences. 1s have a right/wrong stance. When healthier, they will see there are many ways to be (right, wrong or otherwise), but I still notice a focus is "if I am wrong, then how can I become RIGHT". They will value other perspectives as a matter of their own improvement. If unhealthy, they just wont admit other views are valid.
This is easily witnessed in your moderator style. I don't see the rolling up of the sleeves to really explore various angles. It seems more cut-and-dry, and where you feel you could be off, you want to know how to make it right.

Scrap the view that 2s are helpers. 2s are afraid there is not enough love in the world and that they are not lovable, so they are driven to be lovable and win the scarce resource of love. Sure, some may use "giving to get", aka helpfulness, as a way to win affections and reassure themselves of how great they are. Other may seduce or cultivate qualities which make them popular. Being image types, they may craft an image of themselves (which they buy into also) of being these amazingly caring, attractive, whatever, individuals, despite not necessarily living up to it. They will exaggerate in their minds how much they do/give/attract, and they may basically brag to others about it. Being that they are not their true, whole selves, not acknowledging their own deeper motivations, etc, their integration is at 4, which means they become more individual and in-touch with honest emotions. That is a curious contrast with the disintegration point of 1, and something to think about if you are 1w2 - a double yet almost contradicting connection to 4.

I don't see this in you, overall. I don't see a strong image connection, besides the disintegration. I do see more of a 9 wing, which explains your confusion/question.

9s in some ways are more helpers than 2, but they usually have excessive humility and less concern about getting praised for it or even appearing like people-pleasers (which 2s avoid appearing as - 2s want to seem like a fairy godmother or even a seductress gracing you with their presence, lucky you). The motive is still ego-driven - to create harmony in their environment, and connect with others, etc, but its less about personal image and how they feel about themselves than the emotional energy between them and others, as well as a sense of living up to ideals. I realize I am going easy on the 9s here, but their downfall tends to be an appearance that people may deem weak or pathetic. It is the "too nice" thing, which is NOT 2s.

So with 1w9s, I think there is a more idealistic bent and with 1w2s a more prideful bent. I think 1w9s are more philosophical and reserved, and 1w2s more actively involved and sociable. Again, I think you appear more as the former.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. I didn't analyze your character too openly, but I figure you will connect the dots. Your reactions to this may be useful too.