• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Curious about my type

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm mostly curious about introversion versus extroversion and sensor versus intuitive. I'm a really emotional person and I thought that meant I'm clearly one of the types who are known for their feelings but after lurking around I am now unsure.

* I handle quiet, serene environments better than loud or fast paced environments. I don't like having a large crowd around me but I do like being the center of attention around the people I know. I always feel I have to put on a show or keep them happy or entertained. I have yet to figure out why I need to do that.

* When in a negative state of mind I used to injure myself, overeat, and shop to deal with it. Comfort food was a big thing for me. Nowadays I'm the opposite and lose my appetite when stressed. Anxiety is an issue. I feel like that took the place of self harming. I mostly try to distract myself with something until I've calmed down, then I seek out someone to talk to. I do still use shopping as a coping mechanism from time to time. There's something about that feeling, that rush I get that I just enjoy. I can be a real royal bi*** when stressed out.

* I'm someone who wants people to get straight to the point.

* I'm someone who prefers to tackle things hands-on.

* Brainstorming in any form excites me.

* I like collecting things. Right now it's bookmarks.

* I'm told I'm insightful and intelligent. :shrug: Who knows if I really am?

* I go with my gut and regret when I don't. I am someone who believes in signs.

* I do like metaphors and symbolism. It can be hard for me to understand other people's metaphors and symbolism, though.

* I'm not an outdoors kind of person. I do get inspired by music, smells, and other things around me.

* I tend to bounce from thing to thing. I loathe my indecisive nature.

* I'm more cautious than adventurous.

* I have a spirited yet serious disposition.

* I'm a great manipulator. A skill I acquired during my self harm days. I catch myself manipulating from time to time. I know how to use people and situations to my advantage.

* I'm noticing while I like my alone time that I usually have a pet near me. I don't like being completely alone. Maybe I'm a needy introvert.

This probably isn't enough so you can ask questions if you want.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds kind of ISxJ to me. Or maybe xSFJ? I get an SJ vibe at any rate (but not ESTJ).

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm definitely not E?TJ! LOL

Can extroverts be shy and a bit reserved? Is there such a thing as a low key extrovert?

In my opinion, it's possible for someone to be cognitively extroverted (as in leading with a Je or Pe function) and be socially introverted or vice versa. Though I don't think everyone agrees with this. I could see you as being either xSFJ (until further notice) or possibly an ISTJ, but I think xSFJ sounds more likely. It would depend on whether you relate more to Fe or Si.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can see both. The book I got yesterday stated that E?FJ types have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing when stressed. I can really relate to that. But I can see inferior Ne too.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good question to ask oneself, when it comes to the scale of "enegerized/drained by people/external stimuli" is WHY.

Introversion can have some associations with shyness or dislike of a lot of interaction because their brains get overstimulated more easily. Overstimulation can make you feel anxious, and that feeling can make you dislike a lot of interaction or to try and control the affect by being a bit withdrawn. This might lead to a kind of social anxiety where you anticipate being overwhelmed.

However, some people may dislike being around people and find it "draining" because they feel very driven to please others, which may be exhausting, or they fear humiliation, or they are simply misanthropic. Shyness and social anxieties can develop from this that make someone find interaction draining, yet they may not be introverted.

Also, some HSPs may be extroverted, and a lot of "classic introvert" traits overlap.

Then of course there is the ego....more a matter of identity than "where you get your energy", but I think there is probably overlap there too.

---
Also:
Your post strikes me as an SF, possibly eSFP or eSFJ.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
A good question to ask oneself, when it comes to the scale of "enegerized/drained by people/external stimuli" is WHY.

Introversion can have some associations with shyness or dislike of a lot of interaction because their brains get overstimulated more easily. Overstimulation can make you feel anxious, and that feeling can make you dislike a lot of interaction or to try and control the affect by being a bit withdrawn. This might lead to a kind of social anxiety where you anticipate being overwhelmed.

However, some people may dislike being around people and find it "draining" because they feel very driven to please others, which may be exhausting, or they fear humiliation, or they are simply misanthropic. Shyness and social anxieties can develop from this that make someone find interaction draining, yet they may not be introverted.

Also, some HSPs may be extroverted, and a lot of "classic introvert" traits overlap.

Then of course there is the ego....more a matter of identity than "where you get your energy", but I think there is probably overlap there too.

---
Also:
Your post strikes me as an SF, possibly eSFP or eSFJ.

It's hard for me to tell the difference on being drained. I have hypothyroidism and have been hypoglycemic for half my life. Naturally my energy gets spent quickly.

As a kid I was so fearful of public humiliation. HSP is highly sensitive person, right? I am a highly sensitive person without a doubt.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I did the Jung test you recommended to someone else and am a bit confused by the functions:
Si > Fi > Fe > Ne > Ti = Se > Ni = Te

I got Guardian/ISFJ.

Could you help me understand what the functions mean? Does this mean I have high Fi? :shrug:

Time was 11:25 a.m. while waiting for my doctor's appointment.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I did the Jung test you recommended to someone else and am a bit confused by the functions: Si > Fi > Fe > Ne > Ti = Se > Ni = Te I got Guardian/ISFJ. Could you help me understand what the functions mean? Does this mean I have high Fi? :shrug: Time was 11:25 a.m. while waiting for my doctor's appointment.
Ok. I'm at the beach right now but will look when I have a chance.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I did the Jung test you recommended to someone else and am a bit confused by the functions: Si > Fi > Fe > Ne > Ti = Se > Ni = Te I got Guardian/ISFJ. Could you help me understand what the functions mean? Does this mean I have high Fi? :shrug: Time was 11:25 a.m. while waiting for my doctor's appointment.
Maybe quickly though a few thoughts. Since Te is your lowest score I think that rules out any kind of TJ. That means you are not ENTJ INTJ ISTJ or ESTJ. Also since Ni is tied for lowest I would rule out anything with Ni as the dominant or auxiliary function which means INFJ ENFJ added to that list. That leaves 10 possibilities. More later.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are your raw scores:

NF=8;NT=-2;SP=0;SJ=-6
Te=-5;Ti=-2;Fe=1;Fi=6;Ne=0;Ni=-5;Se=-2;Si=7

It looks like you are an NF but the program couldn't make sense of NF given your function order so it went into the branch of logic that ignores temperament. So the program would have said it didn't have a high level of confidence in the ISFJ result.

You score very high on Introverted Sensing and Introverted Feeling which makes it a high likelihood one of those is your dominant function and I would say also probably an introvert. You definitely seem to prefer feeling over thinking. Therefore, I would say the likely possibilities are ISFJ, ISFP, or INFP. If I had to guess given your description, I would think ISFP is a good possibility.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
These are your raw scores:

NF=8;NT=-2;SP=0;SJ=-6
Te=-5;Ti=-2;Fe=1;Fi=6;Ne=0;Ni=-5;Se=-2;Si=7

It looks like you are an NF but the program couldn't make sense of NF given your function order so it went into the branch of logic that ignores temperament. So the program would have said it didn't have a high level of confidence in the ISFJ result.

You score very high on Introverted Sensing and Introverted Feeling which makes it a high likelihood one of those is your dominant function and I would say also probably an introvert. You definitely seem to prefer feeling over thinking. Therefore, I would say the likely possibilities are ISFJ, ISFP, or INFP. If I had to guess given your description, I would think ISFP is a good possibility.

Thank you!