• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm still struggling with figuring out my MBTI type.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
It has been several years since I first discovered MBTI, and I still don't know what type I am. Every time I take an MBTI test, I get INFJ as the result, but I don't think it's an accurate result. On Socionics test, my result is EII-INFj, which seems more accurate. When I take enneagram test, my result is usually 5w4, and occasionally 5w6. Whenever I take that SimilarMinds Big 5/SLOAN test that's floating around the Internet, I usually get RLOAI as my result.

My inability to type myself is causing a lot of stress in my life. I guess I'm just disturbed by the fact that I've been researching this stuff for years, and I still fail at typing myself. I know I'm probably overthinking this, but it's gotten to the point where typology has overtake my mind. The reason I got attached to typology is because I've always felt misplaced in society. I've always struggled with opening up at on an emotional level, and I've always been horrid at faking emotions. For example, I won't laugh at something I don't find funny. I feel like I'm a selfish, horrible human

Some traits I possess:

•I'm shy. I've been shy my whole life.

•I'm reserved. Again, I've been this way my whole life.

•Apparently, I'm "hard to read" and "hard to get to know". I've heard variations of these phrases for as long as I can remember.

•I'm a somewhat "cold" and "distant" person.

•I have been told I have "fine" or "expensive" taste.

•I hate injustices. This trait often got me in trouble throughout school.

•I hate fakeness. I can usually smell a fake person a mile away.

•I try to be true to myself and my beliefs. I refuse to do something just to please a person/group if it goes against my beliefs.

•I keep my living space clean, and I'm not a messy person.

•I can't think I'm a linear fashion. My thoughts bounce around, and I'm indecisive.

•I worry all the time.

•I'm pessimistic.

•I am drained by social interactions.

•I prefer meeting people in small groups in a intimate setting, such as in a small, elegant restaurant.

•I like my surroundings to be beautiful. I think a part of me would die if was forced to work in an office with no character.

•I'm not overly affectionate.

•I'm passive.

•I have a tendency to underestimate myself.

•I hate being in the spotlight.

My interest and hobbies (I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with typing, but whatever):

•I like painting and drawing.

•I enjoy writing, mostly about my emotions, feelings, observations, and ideas.

•I like reading about pretty much every subject.

• I like music.

More about me:

•I don't know what career to choose. Actually, I have no interest in a career. If I had my way, I'd marry a well off older man, raise 2-3 children, pursue my hobbies, and help charities; however, this is all but a pipe dream, and I know that I need a job to support myself, and that most men have no desire for a housewife. I've thought about becoming a librarian, an artist, a paralegal, a musician, or a legal mediator.

•I have a hard time speaking loudly

• I have always gravitated towards older, "intellectual" men.

•I enjoy going to "cultured" events, such as art museums, galleries, and classical music events.

Sorry for posting my 3rd thread on this subject.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFP? That's my first guess based off the info you provided anyway. I'm bad at this though.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I relate to how you feel, a lot, this MBTI thing causes a lot of stress for me and I don't know why.

The correlation between Jung & the Big 5 tests states that RLOAI is often an INFJ in the MBTI tests. If your Socionics result fits you better, then you can always go with that. That's what I've done, but I also used the website kisa.ca/personality/results.php and I've gotten my type numerous times. It's pretty accurate. The HumanMetrics test, I get different results every time often with moderate/slight preference for I/E.

My Enneagram is 4w3. But I've also gotten 5w4, like you.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time, I hope I've been of some help. If not, I at least know what you're going through; it sucks.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think you should hold off on typing yourself until you get some mental health care.

Rouskyrie

I'd say INFP or ISFP, leaning more towards INFP, based on what you've provided.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Leaning towards INFP here as well. All the best purplemoon.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
Leans more on INFP.

Don't stress typing yourself too much. You do get confusing results. If literally years youve been gooing over this(???) - probs doing somthing wrong. :shrug:

Abjection

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP, wing five but not core 5. Could also seem this way due to your current state. Most probably, 6w5.