• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Virtual ghost's type

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I feel as a complete fraud for having 1w9 as a type. Yes I do engage the world to repair or get things done but at the core I just don't see myself primary as moralist. When I take a look at people like EJCC or Hard they are so much more concerned with flaws and good than I am. Instead I will claim that I am 8w9 but due to Sx last and 5/3 fixes I am more conctructive than and I should be according to some models. Not to mention that I already was typed this way here and I spent years living as a unhealthy 5 (desintagrated person). Plus Sp and So should probably be rotated back in order to balance energy level with what is going on in reality.

Since tests and people here tease me that I am ENTJ I will take their advice since my emotional awareness isn't that great.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION]

Good. I always thought you were an 8. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Good. I always thought you were an 8. :)

Am I ... or am I simply a 5 that doesn't look like one ? :wink:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

You vibe very strongly 8 to me, and always have. The way you interact with other forum members is almost entirely 8. Lots of provoking and testing of other people's authority, in a way that seems the opposite of the e5 tendency to withdraw.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I don't think you're a 5. We gut types aren't bad guys. I haven't even yelled at anyone the entire day. I did fire my trash pickup company but other than that, nothing. I picked stuff from my garden, grilled Vietnamese pork, walked on the treadmill....

got-to-say-today-was-a-good-day-o.gif

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you're a 5. We gut types aren't bad guys. I haven't even yelled at anyone the entire day. I did fire my trash pickup company but other than that, nothing. I picked stuff from my garden, grilled Vietnamese pork, walked on the treadmill....

It's been a whole 24hrs since I emasculated someone deliberately. I had tea earlier and am eating salmon and couscous for dinner. It's been civilized as a motherfucker around here. :coffee:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You vibe very strongly 8 to me, and always have. The way you interact with other forum members is almost entirely 8. Lots of provoking and testing of other people's authority, in a way that seems the opposite of the e5 tendency to withdraw.

It's been a whole 24hrs since I emasculated someone deliberately. I had tea earlier and am eating salmon and couscous for dinner. It's been civilized as a motherfucker around here. :coffee:

Ok, I see your points.

This is actually the main reason why I decided to post this yesterday.

The problem I have for years is that I see myself to be much more intellectual, friendly or abstract than 8 should be. On the other hand I tend to trigger people in a very 8 like way. Therefore I am unsure which side of the story to trust ? While I keep trying because 853 is the most academic/brainy 8 and I consider some things to simply be americanzation of the profile ... so they don't really apply to me.

(ok, I will switch back I guess)

á´…eparted

passages
Ok, I see your points.

This is actually the main reason why I decided to post this yesterday.

The problem I have for years is that I see myself to be much more intellectual, friendly or abstract than 8 should be. On the other hand I tend to trigger people in a very 8 like way. Therefore I am unsure which side of the story to trust ? While I keep trying because 853 is the most academic/brainy 8 and I consider some things to simply be americanzation of the profile ... so they don't really apply to me.

(ok, I will switch back I guess)

You strike me as an 8 as well. I just don't see 5, and you never bring up any of the core issues that 5's deal with, but I have seen 8's. You don't strike me as someone who recoils from the world. You might not want to attack it head on like a stereotypical 8 might, but not all 8's are the same.

It's also important to keep in mind that all of us are more than our types, and there are going to be a number of things that fall outside of the "classic mold" of what a type description is.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You strike me as an 8 as well. I just don't see 5, and you never bring up any of the core issues that 5's deal with, but I have seen 8's. You don't strike me as someone who recoils from the world. You might not want to attack it head on like a stereotypical 8 might, but not all 8's are the same.

It's also important to keep in mind that all of us are more than our types, and there are going to be a number of things that fall outside of the "classic mold" of what a type description is.

The truth is that through life I have flip-floped ENTJ 8w9 and INTJ 5w6 quite a number of times due to may but impactful circumstances. Therefore I am unsure which one is me and what is integration/desintagration/adaptation. I have only tested as 8 or 5 (but I have quite a few of 1 and 3 tendecies as well, that seem to stabilize the "wild reactivness" and detachment)

My test scores always look like this, with 10% up or down on all of them.

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 73%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 33%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Type 6 Cautiousness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 40%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

á´…eparted

passages
The truth is that through life I have flip-floped ENTJ 8w9 and INTJ 5w6 quite a number of times due to may but impactful circumstances. Therefore I am unsure which one is me and what is integration/desintagration/adaptation. I have only tested as 8 or 5 (but I have quite a few of 1 and 3 tendecies as well, that seem to stabilize the "wild reactivness" and detachment)

My test scores always look like this, with 10% up or down on all of them.

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 73%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 33%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Type 6 Cautiousness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 40%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

Scores are scores. When I take MBTI tests I almost always come out as ENTJ or ESTJ, and rarely ENFJ. It's surprisingly consistent. Despite that, I am still ENFJ. In your case you are experiencing a parallel to mine. Tests in enneagram likely don't appropriately capture your psyche. The best thing to do is to read and research on types, and in particular communicate with other 8's and 5's to see who you see more eye to eye with, as that could be rather helpful as well.

From what I know of you, it seems to me like you dissolve to 5, not evolve to 8. You've expressed a tendanency to withdraw but still remain vigilent and ready to go when stressed. When 5's withdraw, they tend to become scattered, and I don't see that happening with you. You resonate more with gut types.

I also see evolution to 2 as being very likely. You might be very resistant to it and it would feel unnatural, but typically what we grow to is like that (I am like that with 7).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I know of you, it seems to me like you dissolve to 5, not evolve to 8. You've expressed a tendanency to withdraw but still remain vigilent and ready to go when stressed. When 5's withdraw, they tend to become scattered, and I don't see that happening with you. You resonate more with gut types.

Actually this is exactly the logic that started this whole problem in the first place. Since I realized that I may be in my desintegration for so long that I became my desintagration ... but I still feel like crap about it since it is desintagration. The fact is that I was very extoverted child when that was possible to maintain.

Plus there is also the fact that I grew up with 3 Feelers in the house, which litterally tried to kill my Te, since my statements, values and expression style are "downright horrible". (claims and deeds of some other people didn't help either, what helped in fueling my complete disrespect for environment) Therefore I kept my mouth shut when possible and I did my thing in quiet.

á´…eparted

passages
Actually this is exactly the logic that started this whole problem in the first place. Since I realized that I may be in my desintegration for so long that I became my desintagration ... but I still feel like crap about it since it is desintagration. The fact is that I was very extoverted child when that was possible to maintain.

Plus there is also the fact that I grew up with 3 Feelers in the house, which litterally tried to kill my Te, since my statements, values and expression style are "downright horrible". (claims and deeds of some other people didn't help either, what helped in fueling my complete disrespect for environment) Therefore I kept my mouth shut when possible and I did my thing in quiet.

One does not become their disintegration point, no matter how much time is spent there. Assuming you are an 8, you never were a 5 at any point. You'll likely have to do a lot of work on yourself to move to being more healthy as an 8, and a lot of it is going to involve letting go of a lot of 5 tendancies, even when it seems wrong or scary.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
One does not become their disintegration point, no matter how much time is spent there. Assuming you are an 8, you never were a 5 at any point. You'll likely have to do a lot of work on yourself to move to being more healthy as an 8, and a lot of it is going to involve letting go of a lot of 5 tendancies, even when it seems wrong or scary.

I know that you don't become your desintgration point but I have accepted alot of 5ish traits through the years. Of course I have undone most of that through the last few years and therefore I don't act as a 5 that much anymore. However since my 8es got rejected so many times I am hesitant to make "mind switch" on who I am.

The extra thing is that I didn't go that much into 5 as much as my self preservation went completely out of control.

So yeah, if people here actually see me as 8 that means that I am not imagining things and I will keep it as my type. :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So yeah, if people here actually see me as 8 that means that I am not imagining things and I will keep it as my type. :)

In the event that you decide to apply to become an 8, the application process is fairly rigorous.

Overall, less than 7% of those who apply for recognized 8 status will in fact be successful.

Several key qualities previous successful candidates have shared include:

• Enjoyment of the smell of napalm in the morning
  • A general awareness of the innermost fears and desires of those around them, as well as an intuitive knowledge of how to leverage these to get what they want
  • A cultivated proficiency in the enjoyment of rare steak
  • An appropriate regard for Winston Churchill
  • Strong leadership and academic potential

On behalf of the committee, we thank you again for your interest and hope to look forward to your candidacy.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Have you considered 6w5? 5w6? I get an oscillation between two fixed points from your posts. As if you're measuring yourself against two outlier type behaviors that seem incongruent.

This reads 6 to me. Not 8.

8's and 6's mistype easily. Also, do you identify with the core motivation of an 8?

If so, how?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am still convinced of INTJ 5w6. Your persona seems a bit try-hard... Like you are trying to convince yourself of the type... In a very Ni-tunnel vision type of way. To me, the NTJ 8s just have their presence known without trying to convince anyone.. They are just there.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In the event that you decide to apply to become an 8, the application process is fairly rigorous.

Overall, less than 7% of those who apply for recognized 8 status will in fact be successful.

• A general awareness of the innermost fears and desires of those around them, as well as an intuitive knowledge of how to leverage these to get what they want

On behalf of the committee, we thank you again for your interest and hope to look forward to your candidacy.

I'm now seriously wondering if we do have a preference for rare steak. I don't care how many people at the table make gagging sounds, I'm eating it and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-ing with every bite.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I will play along...

[*]Enjoyment of the smell of napalm in the morning
I started playing shooting video games at the age of 5, few years later I switched to strategy games due to more of commanding role. I can chop down a tree place the pieces on a pile and setting it on fire with joy ... I did that with my grandma all the time as a kid. I walked through possible mine fields, ventured through caves and climbed mountains.

[*]A general awareness of the innermost fears and desires of those around them, as well as an intuitive knowledge of how to leverage these to get what they want
I am not so bad at this as much as I don't want to babysit people all the time, just so that everything would turn out exactly as it "should". Just this morning I talked one person to endevour for which the person was not too interested in. My parents tease me with "Mr CEO" for years and just yesterday I was accused that I am "souless and too good with money".

[*]A cultivated proficiency in the enjoyment of rare steak
People consider me a good cook and skilled barbecue maker, I eat meat without emotional regrets.

[*]An appropriate regard for Winston Churchill
One of my core beliefs is that the greatest argument against democracy comes up in talking to average voter.

[*]Strong leadership and academic potential
I tell people what to do all the time. What should we eat, that they should hurry up, in college it was ALWAYS me who made the plan/strategy for the group and with very good results, I finnished the high school on the top of my class, I know people with influence, I speak/understand 5 languages and I plan to learn more of them, I didn't finnished college on my first language, I am future business owner, when no one is really interested I just do it myself (if I really care), I can debate politics/geopolitcs or hard science successfuly, I have also one small/extra business degree finished with straight A, back in a day when I had the time was reading up to 4 books a day ... etc.

None the less I don't see myself as that much successful since I am still pretty far from what my ambitions desire.

Have you considered 6w5? 5w6? I get an oscillation between two fixed points from your posts. As if you're measuring yourself against two outlier type behaviors that seem incongruent.

This reads 6 to me. Not 8.

8's and 6's mistype easily. Also, do you identify with the core motivation of an 8?

If so, how?

Nope I am not a 6 or have I never ever tested as one. Also what I did with my type lately is much more dramatic than I typically behave, plus it is spill from my PM talks. The truth is that it is summer and I am bored, so I write "nonesense" around the internet. 5w6 ok but 6 as core, nope. :)

Plus there is a fact that I was rised by 6w7 father, 7w6 mother and 6w7 grandmother so I absorbed plenty of their mentality as growing up, but I never really felt as that I naturally belong there. Education system was also heavily biased towads head types and academic pursuits. I am from the country where future chefs learn advanced math in school ... just in case they decide to become rocket engineers one day.

What is one of the main reasons why I doubt that my 5w6 tendency may be "learned". Also when you take a look at my answer to Rex it isn't that hard to imagine/understand that I just roll over people when being myself, creating the sense of isolation, elitism and detachment around me.

Everything what I typed on the topic was basically just thinking out loud, not a panic attack. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am still convinced of INTJ 5w6. Your persona seems a bit try-hard... Like you are trying to convince yourself of the type... In a very Ni-tunnel vision type of way. To me, the NTJ 8s just have their presence known without trying to convince anyone.. They are just there.

Well I changed my type a numbers of times but I always came back since I don't want to feel as fraud (what happens when I claim to be a gut type). What is different this time is that I am thinking out loud since I want to get this over with, since I can't really figure out this. Generally I am pretty certain person but not when it comes to feelings and relationships.

I went through so much alienation in the form of unacceptance, rejection, wars, economic crashes etc. that I just don't see how typology rules can still be taken at face value for me. What creates uncertainty. Sometimes I behave very 5 like, sometimes very 8 like ... depending on circumstances. But I lost the track of what is me and what is my adaptation to the world. 8 would be prefectly ok but I am way too brainy for a average 8 and that is what keeps pushing me back to original idea that I am 5 (have you seem my posts regarding climate change ?) ... that is soooo not 8. On the other hand before all that shit hit my life I was very and genuinely extroveted child (I spend 6 to 15 hours a day with other kid playing the forrest)

I am litterally in the chicken/egg debate.

I'm now seriously wondering if we do have a preference for rare steak. I don't care how many people at the table make gagging sounds, I'm eating it and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-ing with every bite.

To be honest I am not sure that I know what is a rare steak. Is it a steak from some animal you don't get to eat every day ?