• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Virtual ghost's type

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
To be honest I am not sure that I know what is a rare steak. Is it a steak from some animal you don't get to eat every day ?

A steak cooked rare is cooked very little -- it is seared on the outside and still 75% red in the center.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm now seriously wondering if we do have a preference for rare steak. I don't care how many people at the table make gagging sounds, I'm eating it and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-ing with every bite.

It taste better and is more pleasurable. Overcooked steak just feels really heavy and mostly like an excuse to eat A1 sauce.

As an aside, Alton Brown has a really outstanding recipe for Pan Seared steak. I usually do it with the other recipe he has for baked potatoes. They're both straightforward and tasty.

I will play along...

Honestly, I think you're a head type. Either 5w6 or 6w5 as [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] suggested.

You seem to have had a very difficult upbringing and a strong sp-focus, which I think could lead to the mistype. You don't have the "embodied" quality that I associated with 8s. We're very uncomplicated and direct, whereas I feel you put a lot of thought into your presentation. Most of the contributions share a quality I associate with head types where they seem to first and foremost be in dialogue with themselves, and then incidentally incorporating the views of others.

I also think that you might not be INTJ, and I'm not saying this as a knock. I just don't see much Ni in you, and you're more concrete and literal in your reasoning than I would assume an Ni-dom to be. That might be a language barrier issue, but your English is pretty fluent. This is actually more based on the relationship and sex threads you've posted. You don't approach sex the way that I would expect an Se user to.

Sex for Ni/Se types is kind of...matter of fact? It's definitely not fraught for us as it is for Ne/Si types for whom sex always seems to be a bit dangerous, or something to be approached with some caution. I've been in long-term relationships with two Ni-doms, and even with Se in the inferior, they still didn't have that neurotic relationship with their sexuality that I associate with SJs and NPs.

It's not a function of sexual inexperience on your part, either. I just think you're an Si-dom. The kind of research and data point review you do about sex is pretty common for an Si-users who is seeking to come to terms with something that frightens them.

Anyways, moral of the story, I would say ISTJ 6w5 sp/so.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
To be honest I am not sure that I know what is a rare steak. Is it a steak from some animal you don't get to eat every day ?

Beef. I don't have steak every day but I have it maybe a few times a month. I grill it or make it in a cast iron skillet on the stove and I like it with a cool center. In a restaurant I ask for it blue or blood rare. It's just cooked for a short time vs a medium or well done steak.

images

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Where to place my money ?
(just to visualized my problem)

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Intuitive (N) 58.62% Sensing (S) 41.38%
Thinking (T) 81.25% Feeling (F) 18.75%
Judging (J) 77.42% Perceiving (P) 22.58%

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 73%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 33%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Type 6 Cautiousness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 40%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************************** (47.2)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.6)
limited use

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.3)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** * (51.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************* (49)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti)***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18)

The original explanation was that I am 513 but then 8 integration kicks in and then 1 and 8 become combined andthey drag me out of the head type zone. What is fine but the 5 stuff often feel as if they are actually the "disease" here. However despite desintegration I never got into the 7 mode/stuff, what should be the case with e5 person.

So the bottom line is that I should stop talking about or avoid beeing draged into this by people on the forum. In order to focus the extra energy that I have into something more constructive and it seems that the joke got out of hand. (for the record I didn't open this thread, posts simply got moved)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok I changed it to what it should be at face value and I consider this basically closed. I am pretty sure that everyone here will have their theory but I do trust myself more in the terms of details. Especially due to language barrier, so I complety lack any slang and similar language structures, what creates distorted picture of myself.

For example here is what you get when you translate this to my first language:

Everything what I type here is distorted to some degree.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm now seriously wondering if we do have a preference for rare steak. I don't care how many people at the table make gagging sounds, I'm eating it and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-ing with every bite.
Rare/medium rare is the objective best, for steak as well as burgers. Well done is an affront to all that is good in the culinary world.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rare/medium rare is the objective best, for steak as well as burgers. Well done is an affront to all that is good in the culinary world.

The only exception I'll make to rare steak is if I'm at Ray's and I get a Soul Burger Number One. Having the patty prepped medium rare or medium is just the only way to keep the whole thing from disintegrating into a delicious mess of meat, juice and caramelized onion on the way to your mouth.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I changed my type a numbers of times but I always came back since I don't want to feel as fraud (what happens when I claim to be a gut type). What is different this time is that I am thinking out loud since I want to get this over with, since I can't really figure out this. Generally I am pretty certain person but not when it comes to feelings and relationships.

I went through so much alienation in the form of unacceptance, rejection, wars, economic crashes etc. that I just don't see how typology rules can still be taken at face value for me. What creates uncertainty. Sometimes I behave very 5 like, sometimes very 8 like ... depending on circumstances. But I lost the track of what is me and what is my adaptation to the world. 8 would be prefectly ok but I am way too brainy for a average 8 and that is what keeps pushing me back to original idea that I am 5 (have you seem my posts regarding climate change ?) ... that is soooo not 8. On the other hand before all that shit hit my life I was very and genuinely extroveted child (I spend 6 to 15 hours a day with other kid playing the forrest)

I am litterally in the chicken/egg debate.

I honestly think you are just getting life in order and are starting to enter the integration point 8...so a core 5 with more 8-like action and decisiveness.I have read that Bill Gates is a good example of a NT 5w6 who spends a decent amount of time at integration point 8. In short, you are just balancing out a bit...

The bold sounds very e5 because they are the most detached from their emotions.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I honestly think you are just getting life in order and are starting to the integration point...so a core of 5 with more 8-like action and decisiveness.I have read that Bill Gates is a good example of a NT 5w6 who spends a decent amount of time at integration point 8.

Yeah. But immagination, free time and some holes in the system can make you analyze something that is pretty obvious what it actually is. I came back here a year ago exactly because I still had some thinking to, even despite the fact that concrete real life stuff got alot better ... but once you start it is easy to be pulled into the maze of options as you talk to the others here. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
A steak cooked rare is cooked very little -- it is seared on the outside and still 75% red in the center.

Beef. I don't have steak every day but I have it maybe a few times a month. I grill it or make it in a cast iron skillet on the stove and I like it with a cool center. In a restaurant I ask for it blue or blood rare. It's just cooked for a short time vs a medium or well done steak.

images

The only exception I'll make to rare steak is if I'm at Ray's and I get a Soul Burger Number One. Having the patty prepped medium rare or medium is just the only way to keep the whole thing from disintegrating into a delicious mess of meat, juice and caramelized onion on the way to your mouth.

Girls debate steaks in your "type me" thread. Every man's dream. :cool:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well since the mods turned this into the thread I can at least type what this is all about actually.

Despite the fact that I am 5 in core I stopped feeling as a 5 through the last few years. I ended education and therefore the rate at which I am learning new stuff slowed down greatly, since I engage the real life problems. Also I have started to develop some of my lower function as I age and adapt to the world. I learn stuff in the fly but nothing is the deep/true understanding of things.
Another problem is that somehow I don't find most information relevant these days, there are just tons of fluff, BS and propaganda. So even if I would try to establish again my learning tempo I would probably have problems with information sources. Especially because of the long economic problems that made libraries out of date, sometimes even for decades.

So if I manage to convince myself that I am not information addict perhaps my life would feel more meaningful. :)

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well since the mods turned this into the thread I can at least type what this is all about actually.

Despite the fact that I am 5 in core I stopped feeling as a 5 through the last few years. I ended education and therefore the rate at which I am learning new stuff slowed down greatly, since I engage the real life problems. Also I have started to develop some of my lower function as I age and adapt to the world. I learn stuff in the fly but nothing is the deep/true understanding of things.
Another problem is that somehow I don't find most information relevant these days, there are just tons of fluff, BS and propaganda. So even if I would try to establish again my learning tempo I would probably have problems with information sources. Especially because of the long economic problems that made libraries out of date, sometimes even for decades.

So if I manage to convince myself that I am not information addict perhaps my life would feel more meaningful. :)

Hmmm... Well, I think you have turned more of your focus onto relationships, social dynamics, and psychology... So you are still learning... It's just more the subjective, experiential kind. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hmmm... Well, I think you have turned more of your focus onto relationships, social dynamics, and psychology... So you are still learning... It's just more the subjective, experiential kind. :)

I am still learning and I am even learning outside of mentioned fields, I never claimed otherwise, however all of that seems shallow to me. I used to be the guy who reads advanced science books for fun, explores caves, and operates various advanced equipment. While today I am just a guy that uses computers for a living and has a hard time finding equals in the terms of knowledge. Therefore I debate people around the internet just to feel worthy/alive.

The thing is that intellectualism in my country took a hard hit over the last 15 years and today you even have large protests against "the system" in order to save education system and intellectual logic. Especially since anyone that is worth anything often simply emmigrates to some country where they will have 3-10 times bigger income. Leaving behind what is turning into the "average joe" society. This is trully one of the top problems here, if it isn't actually the main one that creates all the others.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You strike me as an 8 as well. I just don't see 5, and you never bring up any of the core issues that 5's deal with, but I have seen 8's. You don't strike me as someone who recoils from the world. You might not want to attack it head on like a stereotypical 8 might, but not all 8's are the same.

It's also important to keep in mind that all of us are more than our types, and there are going to be a number of things that fall outside of the "classic mold" of what a type description is.

I feel this reality is often overlooked when people try to type themselves or others. There is no way some typing is going to accurately portray all the nuances that my personality or others, is bringing to the table. It does help though when you start adding in more and more typings to show the overlap and discrepancies between the systems though. Personally I almost see Enneagram almost indispensable when talking about MBTI since I feel the Enneagram adds that core motivation that the MBTI typing system lacks.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Since this thread exists I may as well get something concrete done with it. The truth is that I am playing with types since I indeed think that I am mistyped. I am core 5 but I think that I am actually 531, the problem is that in the end integration turns this into 583 or perhaps even 853 in some cases. Therefore I have a problem getting to the bottom line of myself, especially since 5 and 3 are camouflage types and on the gut type I have 9 wing, the third camouflage type.

The thing is that my e8 tendencies and my e1 tendencies are basically just artificial shields against my environemnt, 8 came from my country being invaded and dealing with bullies, while 1 came from the fact that my parents are messy/clumsy FPs. The thing is that if people who know me were togather I am not sure that the they would discribe the same person since I adapt for the most part if I have to be around people. As a matter of fact my own mother claims that she doesn't know me that well. On the other hand: I am pretty good at nudging situations into my advantage, all of my presentations are rated as good or very good, many tritypes can fit me, I can be funny at times, my claims that I am bad with emotions are more of a attention seeking strategy than the absolute truth, I am getting ENTJ scores for years even if I am not one, I am good with money, all of my long term avatars where "classy/powerful", I took the paths that I don't like only because that benefited me on the long run, I am good at grabing attention with shock strategy or turning things upside down, I am likely to have an ace hidden somewhere, I never had more than 10 punds extra from my ideal weight, I have problems with women due to my own emotional untranparency and problems with being emotionally naked, my goals go very very far, I am very good at drilling through people's arguments and I think that this is clearly visible from my posting style etc.

Let's be honest does this sound more like 1, 8 or 3 ?

I tell people what to do all the time. What should we eat, that they should hurry up, in college it was ALWAYS me who made the plan/strategy for the group and with very good results, I finnished the high school on the top of my class, I know people with influence, I speak/understand 5 languages and I plan to learn more of them, I didn't finnish college on my first language, I am future business owner, when no one is really interested I just do it myself (if I really care), I can debate politics/geopolitcs or hard science successfuly, I have also one small/extra business degree finished with straight A, back in a day when I had the time was reading up to 4 books a day ... etc.

None the less I don't see myself as that much successful since I am still pretty far from what my ambitions desire.

The core problem is that I consider myself to be unlikable for what I really am ....

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since this thread exists I may as well get something concrete done with it. The truth is that I am playing with types since I indeed think that I am mistyped. I am core 5 but I think that I am actually 531, the problem is that in the end integration turns this into 583 or perhaps even 853 in some cases. Therefore I have a problem getting to the bottom line of myself, especially since 5 and 3 are camouflage types and on the gut type I have 9 wing, the third camouflage type.

The thing is that my e8 tendencies and my e1 tendencies are basically just artificial shields against my environemnt, 8 came from my country being invaded and dealing with bullies, while 1 came from the fact that my parents are messy/clumsy FPs. The thing is that if people who know me were togather I am not sure that the they would discribe the same person since I adapt for the most part if I have to be around people. As a matter of fact my own mother claims that she doesn't know me that well. On the other hand: I am pretty good at nudging situations into my advantage, all of my presentations are rated as good or very good, many tritypes can fit me, I can be funny at times, my claims that I am bad with emotions are more of a attention seeking strategy than the absolute truth, I am getting ENTJ scores for years even if I am not one, I am good with money, all of my long term avatars where "classy/powerful", I took the paths that I don't like only because that benefited me on the long run, I am good at grabing attention with shock strategy or turning things upside down, I am likely to have an ace hidden somewhere, I never had more than 10 punds extra from my ideal weight, I have problems with women due to my own emotional untranparency and problems with being emotionally naked, my goals go very very far, I am very good at drilling through people's arguments and I think that this is clearly visible from my posting style etc.

Let's be honest does this sound more like 1, 8 or 3 ?

The core problem is that I consider myself to be unlikable for what I really am ....

You're overthinking this... I think you are correctly typed...

Your posting style and content clearly indicates "Chart the Course" Interaction Style... Very patient and long-term thinker (the money, weight etc.). The tertiary Se for us ENXJ makes us notably more action-based, impatient.

Interaction Styles

Nothing you wrote really negates ITJ to me because from my experience, the relational/emotional issues sound typical of e5 IXTJ... that tertiary Fi makes you guys quite hard to read.

You sound more 1 or 3 to me in that passage. I can be quite bossy and controlling depending on my goal and I don't relate to 8 at all. I am also seeking out a business trajectory.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You're overthinking this... I think you are correctly typed...

Your posting style and content clearly indicates "Chart the Course" Interaction Style... Very patient and long-term thinker (the money, weight etc.). The tertiary Se for us ENXJ makes us notably more action-based, impatient.

Interaction Styles

Nothing you wrote really negates ITJ to me because from my experience, the relational/emotional issues sound typical of e5 IXTJ... that tertiary Fi makes you guys quite hard to read.

You sound more 1 or 3 to me in that passage. I can be quite bossy and controlling depending on my goal and I don't relate to 8 at all. I am also seeking out a business trajectory.

It seems to me you are over-simplifying and making an idealized, exaggerated persona of 8. It all depends on your core motivation... Not the surface behaviors that you are so tightly clinging onto.

What !?

My point is that I am 3 over 1. (the thought that is going around my head for a while and actually explains my ENTJ tendencies, even if I am not one)

I am simply saying that my fixes may be in wrong order ... especially when I take a deeper look into myself.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Well at face value I AM more 1 then 3. But there is also plenty of me that isn't visible at all and I am pretty good at being vague, also may scores on 3 and 1 are not that far apart. What makes me think if I got something wrong .... especially since both profiles work for me and mistype is common between the two.

The thing is that I don't really feel as 531 but feeling and being are not the same thing. So I decided to type why I could be 531, since the thread is already open.

Another truth is that I don't really consider that there is something wrong with me. However many people do and I was "sotonized" for so many times that it has to make you wonder if perhaps all those people are right ... or am I often quiet simply because I don't want to trigger another reaction. Every day I hear a random and bad claim about myself so I am getting annoyed over the whole thing. The thing is that my persona is basically in direct contradiction with my culture. (ESxP 7w8/6w7/3w2/9w8 Sx/So/Sp .... or something like that) I am simply having problems defining the difference between me and my shielding.

But that is another story.